PDA

View Full Version : Enduro Supplemental Regulations *** REVISED ***

Waco Racer
03-21-2008, 10:25 AM
April 2008 Supplemental Regulations for the NASA Texas 4 hour Enduro

2008 Endurance Racing Regulations (ERR) combined with supplemental & the CCR is the complete set of rules
EACH TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING THE COMPLETE RULES

1 ) Entrants will not need additional class lettering on their car. You will be responsible for inputting your class correctly on the Enduro entry form. You will be responsible for completing additional entry information for the Enduro. The Enduro Entry Fee includes two (2) drivers. Additional drivers are $50.00. Any changes to a team at the track will be charged $25 per change in addition to any other applicable fees.
2 ) Driver eligibility will be enforced per ERR 2.6.
3 ) Sports Racer Style Cars will be required to have a visual aid extension on their car for all sessions to assist other driver’s in being able to see the sports racers. Please contact NASA Race Director for specifics.
4 ) Car numbers will be first come first served. You may be required to adjust your car number for the Enduro. You will be responsible for assuring that your number remains legible for the duration of the race. Any number that does not remain on the car will be required to be fixed before that car will be allowed back on track.
5 ) You will be required to display your car number in your pit area facing the Hot Pit Lane for the entirety on the race. The minimum size for the number board shall be 11.0 inches wide by 8.5 inches tall with numbers 4.0 inches wide by 6.0 inches tall and at least a 1/2 inch stroke.
6 ) All cars MUST display four (4) NASA decals while on track. The decals will be given to any team in need of them, free of charge. Because of this, there will be no excuse tolerated for not having the required decals. A team WILL BE BLACK FLAGGED for not having the required decals. NO EXCEPTIONS.
7 ) Each car is required to have one WORKING AMB transponder.
8 ) Argent Labs will be providing listen only radios so that all drivers can monitor the Information Broadcast.
9 ) Rain will be dealt with per the CCR 20.14 & 23.9.
10 ) Due to heavy right side tire wear at TWS, ERR 8.11 will be amended to 2 tires per stop. 8.12 will be enforced as well. NO MIXING of the rules.
11 ) There will be a Pre-Race Drivers Meeting in the Drivers Lounge at 10:45 AM on race day. Only 1 team representative is required to be present.
12 ) All cars must go through pre-race tech at 10:45 AM on race day. You must present your vehicle logbook at pre-race tech or you will not be allowed to race. Event tech does not count as the Enduro tech.
13 ) The maximum number of crew members over the pit wall at one time is 3 plus the driver.
14 ) All crew members going over the wall are required to wear a helmet that at least covers the top, back, and side of the head.
15 ) Pit stall locations will be assigned at registration.
16 ) There is a 25mph speed limit in the pitlane. The officials should signal drivers to slow down if they feel that they are over 25mph. If this signal is obeyed, there should be no penalty. The officials’ objective is to help all teams enjoy their experience safely, not find ways to issue penalties. Speeding in the pitlane will warrant penalties. Those will range from a warning to a timed “stop and go” at the discretion of the Race Director.
17 ) The Race Director reserves the right to change the qualifying method at anytime. If something should prevent an accurate qualifying session, the Race Director may choose another system per the rules.
18 ) “Permanently” placed catch pans, rugs, etc. are not allowed. In other words, you cannot tape down a rug to the pitlane surface. The catch pan / device shall be removed after every stop.
19 ) All rules contained in this supplement and presented at the drivers’ meeting supersede any conflicting rules found in the NASA Club Codes and Regulation and in the Endurance Series Rules.
20 ) Body Contact will bring penalties. All body contact, as defined by the CCR, must be reported to the Race Director within 30 minutes of the incident. Incidences will be dealt with swiftly and penalties will be issued. If the Race Director is unable to determine fault, both cars may be brought in for penalties. Note- The penalty times may or may not be equal.
21) All teams MUST keep a drivers log. The log must show which driver was driving during which times. Failure to keep an accurate log will result in penalties. Drivers log must be turned into an on-duty race official in post-race tech before the team leaves the impound area. Failure to do so could result in loss of position or disqualification.
22 ) All cars finishing the race will be required to go to post-race tech after the checkered flag.
23 ) The start will be double file, unless otherwise announced by the Race Director.
24 ) All restarts will be single file.
25 ) All Appeals will be conducted in accordance with the CCR. All National Appeals will be handled at the event.

GlennCMC70
03-21-2008, 12:59 PM
whats the cost for the Enduro?

Rob Liebbe
03-21-2008, 02:02 PM
What is the rule on driver in or out of the car during refueling?

cobra132
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Are there timed pit stops? FMR

Waco Racer
03-21-2008, 03:56 PM
The driver does not have to be out of the car for fueling.

There are no timed pit stops.

GlennCMC70
03-21-2008, 04:11 PM
whats the cost for the Enduro?

the number #1 asked question has still not been answered.

Waco Racer
04-10-2008, 09:49 AM
If you plan on running the Enduro, you need to pre-register! You will not be allowed to enter the Enduro at the event. If we do not see a significant increase in entries the Enduro may be cancelled.

GlennCMC70
04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
#1) i cant get anyone to confirm i'm signed up as i've set multiple emails.

#2) i have people flying in from Cali to drive this thing. plane tickets have already been purchased. i think its a little late to pull the plug. :evil:

David Love AI27
04-14-2008, 02:16 PM
If you plan on running the Enduro, you need to pre-register! You will not be allowed to enter the Enduro at the event. If we do not see a significant increase in entries the Enduro may be cancelled.

Can't work with a "may be"... custom event shirts canceled, invites to family and friends canceled... Already spent over $1,200 to prepare, got to stop the bleeding...

If only 10 teams signed up then NASATX has an extra $4,000 in registration over and above the usual income for the event... there should be better notice than "the Enduro may be cancelled."...

I usually regret my rants but not this time... I'M PISSED!! When do we will we get "offical" announcement??? Sunday morning??? TOO FNG LATE!!!..

I know, I know "don't shoot the messenger"

Al Fernandez
04-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow...ok, lets see if we can help the situation. Clifton, last you and I talked you were expecting a pretty high car count, upwards of 30 if I'm not mistaken. Are all the expected teams from this group signed up and if not lets get them to commit!

Waco Racer
04-14-2008, 04:07 PM
The Enduro WILL be run as scheduled!

Make sure that you PRE-REGISTER for the Enduro!

DO NOT wait until the last minute!

Do not plan on entering the Enduro AT THE EVENT!

rpoz27
04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey, Clifton! Will the Enduro be run as scheduled? Do we need to preregister? Can we sign up on Sunday? Any info would be helpful here. :twisted:

Waco Racer
04-14-2008, 07:59 PM
We now have 20 entered with a few left that told me they were going to enter.

BMW 2
Legacy 2
Porsche 1
Miata 8
SRF 3
Camaro 2
Mustang 2

David Love AI27
04-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey, Clifton.. Thanks for the update... too late to reorder the LiiR event shirts but I was able to contact family and friends... I now have 6 crew members... Who needs help?... Anyone up for beerbrats Saturday night?? I need to know how many...

AI#97
04-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Anyone up for beerbrats Saturday night?? I need to know how many...

sounds great but is that your plan to get the other teams to make more "pit stops" during the race on Sunday?! :lol:

Al Fernandez
04-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Never underestimate the value of getting your competitors drunk the night before a race.

Dave, I'm in! 8)

AI#97
04-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Never underestimate the value of getting your competitors drunk the night before a race.

I am saving that plan for nationals! ;)

rpoz27
04-15-2008, 12:55 PM
We're bringing our propane grill for Sat night GTS bbq. Also, going to bring the projector and borrow the screen and stand from the track. Robert King is going to dig up some videos. Anyone who wants to stop by for movies and meet some of Group 7, feel free.

BTW, Martin posted this on the GTS forums last night-

"I'll be running the Sunday morning race. So will Misty in her Camaro. Expect domestic violence.

Corn suggested the Group 3&7 race should be called Axis versus Allies. Gott mit uns! Ve vill crush ze American swine for ze Fatherland! I should get t-shirts with Max Mosley's head on them for this..."

AI#97
04-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Corn suggested the Group 3&7 race should be called Axis versus Allies. Gott mit uns! Ve vill crush ze American swine for ze Fatherland! I should get t-shirts with Max Mosley's head on them for this..."

LOL! Split start with 7 in front I think....so The American Iron Winged Air Corps will be on their "6" with quickness! The Mustangs will be hunting for some group 7 dinner!!!