PDA

View Full Version : TWS - April event

michaelmosty
03-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Any info. on when registration will be open for this?

AllZWay
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
You in a hurry?

GlennCMC70
03-26-2008, 09:48 PM
yes.

i have seen cost info. not sure i should post it.

we will get our normal race's in, but shared w/ wonderful group 7.

AI#97
03-26-2008, 10:43 PM
yes.

What's wrong with group 7...?

rpoz27
03-27-2008, 02:02 AM
yes.

What's wrong with group 7...?

Nothing's wrong with Group 7 as a whole. There are a few cars in Group 7 that would probably be better classed with us, as far as lines and times go, actually. Shoot, Group 7 has a driving robot in it. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to run with them.

Speaking of Group 7...Saturday night, we're hosting Group 7 activities. Any of you who want to meet and greet the guys that you'll be racing with on Sunday are welcome to stop by. I'll post more details about that when I have them.

Boudy
03-27-2008, 07:20 AM

No holding out now.

rb

GlennCMC70
03-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Brady Moorehead?

AI#97
03-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Brady Moorehead?

Rolling starts at TWS....so what is your point?!

GlennCMC70
03-27-2008, 09:07 AM
you guys must be very luckey to know him for only that 1 f-up. i know him for many many more. he's not the only idiot in that group too. some of the Valkery (sp?) P car drivers are dumb as stumps too.
sorry if i offend anyone here, but i've had nothing but problems from a small minority of those group 7 drivers.

i've already talked w/ a couple people about split starts.

for old times sake.

mitchntx
03-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Hell month begins Sunday. :cry:

Hope I'm done by the 19th ...

Waco Racer
03-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Here'e the scoop!

$325 Sprint Races - 2 day
$225 Sprint Races - 1 day
$475 Enduro only - 2 drivers
$675 Enduro and Sprint Races - 2 day Sprints 1 driver + 1 additional driver for the Enduro
$215 HPDE

Groups 3 & 7 will be a split start in the combined race

Misty - FYI there will be 15 extra GTA cars at this event. You might want to get with Gregg Rodgers if you plan on inviting them to you function.

AI#97
03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
you guys must be very luckey to know him for only that 1 f-up. i know him for many many more. he's not the only idiot in that group too. some of the Valkery (sp?) P car drivers are dumb as stumps too.
sorry if i offened anyone here, but i've had nothing but problems from a small minority of those group 7 drivers.

i've already talked w/ a couple people about split starts.

for old times sake.

Looks like YOU hit someone in that pic Glenn. :oops: You have to keep in mind that not ALL race groups are going to be as skilled as this AI/CMC group and know when to back off or give room, or TAKE room. I bet you would never stop cussing if you ran in those run groups that our boys did at RA... The world may be round but it ain't perfect! :D

GlennCMC70
03-27-2008, 10:41 AM
i did hit someone. i nailed his ass too (about 40-60 mph). problem is when you cross the track 90 degrees to traffic 2 times from a 4 wheels off moment on each side at the exit of Big Bend, you tend to get ALL the fault. he had 2 chances to "drive it off" in a MOCK RACE and decided to be the hero. his hero moment took out 3 cars. one was permanent and one was for a couple of events and mine was overnight. i got lucky. Rob also got lucky, just not as lucky as me. had i not hit him, he would have had a 3rd 4 wheels off.
turns out that was a very big F-up on NASA's part for even letting him out there. cage not legal, driver not ready experiance wise.

so remind me to not put you on an IRB if you assign fault based on one pic of one car.

AI#97
03-27-2008, 10:55 AM
so remind me to not put you on an IRB if you assign fault based on one pic of one car.

Please don't! I don't have the experience to be on one anyway. :lol:

MCain
03-27-2008, 02:01 PM

Heh, a couple of my GTS guys are nervous about running with group 3. As if you guys played bumper cars out there... I set them straight. :)

The Valkyrie driver I think you're referring to is on his own now, and should never have been given a license in my opinion. He can't stay on track for more than 10 minutes at a time, but he hasn't done anything I can pull his ticket for in the brief time I've been GTS Director. The current Valkyrie guys I have no problems with, though they have one rookie I don't know well yet. Seems like a nice guy, though. The rest of GTS is good.

I've seen Moorehead (is he in ST?) go off track a fair bit, but he hasn't been around recently.

Other than that, the group is pretty good. I'll be sure to remind my GTS guys to stay out of your class battles, and I'm sure you all will return the favor. I don't have direct control over the smaller series that run with us, but I'll try to spread the word there as well.

michaelmosty
03-27-2008, 02:04 PM
I take it the $475 for Enduro only is a per team cost and not $475 / person.

AI#97
03-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Martin, this working together within the groups is awesome! Thanks!

Now if we start saying that drivers going off the track need to be "marked" as questionable drivers, then Ginsburg would be run out of town on a rail! j/k... Just becuase a driver goes off doesn't mean they are driving above their abilities...if they do it OFTEN, then I would be worried and would speak with Clifton or the licensing director?

And for the record, the only issue I have ever had with Group 7 was with Pete in the Lotus 7... He wanted to race with the leading AI cars in the last couple laps and you just couldn't see his darn car. I think he got my point of "I'm bigger than you!" towards the end.

Beyond that, the split start works great!

Waco Racer
03-27-2008, 03:00 PM

Yes, it is for 2 drivers.

GlennCMC70
03-27-2008, 03:52 PM

Yes, it is for 2 drivers.

$50 for each driver over 2 drivers.

jeffburch
03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
I've run quite a bit with the cake eaters.
I learned early if you get REAL close to them at the 1st opportunity, they will give way.
Payback to their ass from all the trains they caused from their DE days :lol:

jb

MCain
03-27-2008, 04:03 PM
I've run quite a bit with the cake eaters.
I learned early if you get REAL close to them at the 1st opportunity, they will give way.
Payback to their ass from all the trains they caused from their DE days :lol:

jb

lol. I resemble that remark!

Misty's already got plans to block me as I come around to lap her. I had to remind her that our 13/13 rule only applies to in-class contact and I like to watch the pit maneuvers on "Cops". :D

rpoz27
03-27-2008, 04:12 PM
You know you won't get around me unless I let you, Martin, even without any blocking. We've tried this before and you just get frustrated. It's kinda funny.

So, if he and I have a contact during a race, is it considered a domestic dispute?

MCain
03-27-2008, 04:15 PM
You know you won't get around me unless I let you, Martin, even without any blocking. We've tried this before and you just get frustrated. It's kinda funny.

Ha. That was a DE with no passing allowed in turns. I'm gonna pwn j00 on Sunday.

rpoz27
03-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I wasn't talking about the DE where I used N2O on the front straight with you behind me, dear. That was funny.

Besides, you don't even drive a real car. It's not solid axle, has no third pedal and puny torque, it's missing 2 cylinders, and a retarded monkey can drive it fast. There's even a button you have to push to allow it to do a standing start.

Rob Liebbe
03-27-2008, 04:42 PM
iin a MOCK RACE and decided to be the hero. his hero moment took out 3 cars. one was permanent and one was for a couple of events and mine was overnight. i got lucky. Rob also got lucky, just not as lucky as me. had i not hit him, he would have had a 3rd 4 wheels off.

I didn't realize that the Factory Five Cobras were group 7. That guy did cause a lot of damage. Hopefully the pics will attach.

The red Cobra was the target car that I think Glenn or my car hit. Damn good thing there wasn't a passenger in the car. I wasn't there at the time and didn't see the wreck.

GlennCMC70
03-27-2008, 04:43 PM
wow, this is better than me and Matt going at it.

michaelmosty
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Did the enduro cost / team (2 drivers) just get raised to $525?
I got an e-mail from NASA-TX about registration and that is what was posted. It also said $475 for 1 driver. Are you allowing people to run the whole 4-hours by themselves? This doesn't seem safe to me. :o

Waco Racer
04-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Just a few technical difficulties, they are getting fixed right now.

The Enduro only is $475 for 2 drivers.

dirwin
04-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I forgot about that wreck. That red Factory Five was a street car and should never have been in a race group in the first place.

I always had my FF Challenge car running with AI/CMC and never had any issues with AI/CMC, just some of the little Lotus 7's. I ran the Cobra for 3 years and never had contact with anyone, neither did Capps.

SCCA with the Cobra was fun, they grouped us with the RX7's.

dirwin
04-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Didn't that wreck happen on the Friday track day?

GlennCMC70
04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
NASA comp licencing day.

jeffburch
04-03-2008, 08:42 PM
official schedule
http://www.nasatxracing.com/2008AprilRegularandEnduroSchedule.xls

jb