PDA

View Full Version : Session length

Wirtz
03-27-2008, 06:21 PM
This came up last event and I meant to ask about it at the track but forgot.

What is the word for how session times lengths are measured?

For a session, does the clock start at when the cars leave grid, or when the green is displayed?

Jeff

donovan
03-27-2008, 06:38 PM
When cars leave Grid.

That is why we try to husstle thru the first 3/4 of that formation lap, then slow down...

During the 40 minute race at the last event, I was on pole and was told about 20 times from Todd on the radio to slow down, slow down... because the back half of CMC was dragging ass! :D

I slowed down to just about a stop... and when the field caught up I was told to go ahead and head to the front straight for the standing start.

Not so much of an issue with the 40 minute race at MSRC, but a 20 minute race at TWS... that could be two more green flag laps of racing!!!

DD

rpoz27
03-27-2008, 07:01 PM
And timing for a session usually ends when the last car is in or very near the pits, not at the checker. Sometimes, sessions can be stacked a little to save time.

So, take the amount of time for a formation lap and add the amount of time to get everyone off the track after checker. Subtract that from the total session time and you get the amount of actual green flag time.

AI#97
03-27-2008, 07:20 PM
When cars leave Grid.

That is why we try to husstle thru the first 3/4 of that formation lap, then slow down...

DD

Yep, and when I lead the field to the flag, I don't have a radio to hear Todd whine about it! so get with it back there! ;)

Al Fernandez
03-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Is that why Todd spun on the pace lap? He was trying to keep up w/Matt? :lol:

AI#97
03-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Is that why Todd spun on the pace lap? He was trying to keep up w/Matt? :lol:

I don't know...the spin on the pace lap seems to be a new trend lately! Lyons tried making a full u-turn in turn 6 today on our pace lap...although, he has a better excuse than Todd....It WAS raining!!! :lol:

cjlmlml
03-31-2008, 09:18 AM
You have a large mouth Matt White.

AI#97
03-31-2008, 09:34 AM
You have a large mouth Matt White.

Well, I ALMOST spun on the pace lap in the 40 minute race at cresson. I got a little agressive on scuffing the tires and power and nearly lost it...don't think I would have ever lived that one down!

I am still trying to figure out how I saved that big slide in T1 saturday morning. It seemed like one of those thing you "go where you look" things. I was too afraid to look at that concrete wall on the inside so I looked for the yellow box and voila...it went that way! :lol: