PDA

View Full Version : 12 year-old racer burned in accident.

gt40
04-07-2008, 04:20 PM
http://www.koco.com/news/15809069/detail.html

Very, very bad deal. 3rd-degree burns over 50% of her body, and only 12 years old.

Would you guys be interested in taking up a collection for her and her family in the name of Texas AI/CMC? (or even NASA Texas if other groups want in?)

AllZWay
04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Great idea....

What a horrible accident. :cry:

gt40
04-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Great idea....

What a horrible accident. :cry:I lost a good friend in a similar accident (not racing -- working on an old pickup truck.) Stuff like this strikes particularly close to home.

mitchntx
04-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Robert, great idea.

Let's pass the hat and see if we can't do something special for her when we go to Hallett.

Maybe find her car number, get some stickers printed and sell them for $20 or something with all the proceeds going to the fund on the news story.

ShadowBolt
04-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm in!

JJ

gt40
04-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Robert, great idea.

Let's pass the hat and see if we can't do something special for her when we go to Hallett.

Maybe find her car number, get some stickers printed and sell them for $20 or something with all the proceeds going to the fund on the news story.
I don't want to sound morose or anything, but she may not survive that long. I don't now the mortality rate for 50% coverage for 3rd-degree burns, but it's significant.

I'm not saying that its a bad idea, but we may want to think about doing something sooner, and still do the Hallett thing for her (or her family) later.

I'm all for this, but I'd rather not organize it. I know my limitations and I know I'm not the best choice for this.