PDA

View Full Version : TWS NEXT WEEKEND

ShadowBolt
04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I signed up for next week and paid for a garage. Are we all going to park in the middle row garage? Last event I parked next to you guys and then had a guy tell me I was in his spot. I guess there is no way to have all the AI/CMC guys that pay for a garage assigned spots together?

JJ

mitchntx
04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Did "the guy" tell you that on Friday?

If so, Misty does her best to coordinate the MSC/TWS Friday event and the NASA event on Saturday and Sunday.

To answer you directly, yes we all try and pit together. But that is becoming more and more difficult as the car count grows.

ShadowBolt
04-11-2008, 03:00 PM
"the guy" was a DEer and it was Sat. morning. All I had to do is move over into the next stall. It's just that it had 4" of water in it. I was trying to see if there was a way to make sure I did not have that problem again.

JJ

GlennCMC70
04-11-2008, 03:13 PM
i've never paid attention to stall numbers assinged, just that i paid for one. if your in a spot and someone shows up and askes you to move, tell them to piss off as nice as you can. and the only DE'er i want in the garage w/ us is future CMC/AI racers.

ShadowBolt
04-11-2008, 03:42 PM
i've never paid attention to stall numbers assinged, just that i paid for one. if your in a spot and someone shows up and askes you to move, tell them to piss off as nice as you can. and the only DE'er i want in the garage w/ us is future CMC/AI racers.

Nuff said.
You have to understand this was my first NASA race and I did not know I could be an Ass hole without getting kicked out of the place.

Thanks Glenn

JJ

GlennCMC70
04-11-2008, 04:15 PM
when they ask who you are, tell them your Matt Fucking White!

mitchntx
04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
when they ask who you are, tell them your Matt Fucking White and I didn't take my meds this morning!

fixed ... :wink:

Wirtz
04-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Any plans for a movie night on Friday and / or Saturday? I can again offer up a projector and a largeish set of PC speakers. A better sound system would be, well, better... I can also bring a PC for either DVDs or online movie clip watchage. Any idears?

Jeff

jeffburch
04-11-2008, 07:47 PM
No trip to China planned? :roll: 8) :lol:

jb

Jeremy Gunter
04-11-2008, 08:21 PM
I will bring the speakers, that is if you think you can handle it... I am in the process of trying to sell the entire setup, but no one seems to be DJing anymore :(

I really could use the money from selling them, although I could also make some money with the speakers :D

My parents are bringing their Motorhome this weekend to watch the races... they have been asking about this whole racing thing so I figured I would bring them along to watch... maybe they can haul the sound system!

Jeff do you have all the correct cables to hook up the video? I have the audio covered from a headphone jack out...

jeffburch
04-11-2008, 08:50 PM
:idea:
I sold $700 worth of junk in 2 weeks on Ebay.
jb

Wirtz
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Hopefully not to jinx it, but currently no plans to have to go back to China. I have the video ins covered I think (VGA, S-Vid, RCA). If we use my PC, the audio will need to work from a small diameter headphone connector.

Now the real question; who has some good movies to watch?

David Love AI27
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM
:idea:
I sold $700 worth of junk in 2 weeks on Ebay.
jb

and a bunch of crap to a fellow racer.... LOL

can't wait to cruise on my new bike...

AI#97
04-12-2008, 07:48 AM
when they ask who you are, tell them your Matt Fucking White!

Gee Glenn, you should know better that the standard answer to that question was established 5 years ago and everyone but you knows it's "I'm Adam Ginsberg"...

However, if you want shit done, then yes, use my name...I will routinely deny responsibility anyway... :lol:

Al Fernandez
04-12-2008, 09:01 AM
And this weekend we can all say our name is Adam Ginsberg because he wont be there to defend himself! :lol:

Now, who is going to be there??? The last NASA update I got shows very few names:

AIX
David Love

AI
Frank Robertson
David Donovan

CMC
Jeff Burch
Morgan Dawdy
Al Fernandez
Glenn Landrum
Jeff Wirtz

So dont forget to sign up guys. Who else is coming???

AI#97
04-12-2008, 09:22 AM
And this weekend we can all say our name is Adam Ginsberg because he wont be there to defend himself! :lol:

So dont forget to sign up guys. Who else is coming???

Signed up this morning on the national site...one question...the national site doesn't have the ECR race in October on the list...just not added yet or has that event been cancelled?

AllZWay
04-12-2008, 09:32 AM
I signed up...save me a stall. :D

rpoz27
04-12-2008, 10:42 AM
This goes without saying, but Jake and I will be there.

ShadowBolt
04-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Team Jordan is signed up.

JJ

David Love AI27
04-12-2008, 01:45 PM
LiiR is signed up for both AIX and the Enduro... Jason will be competing in the sprint races on Saturday, I will run the sprint race on Sunday and Nick Runyon, Jason and I will be in the enduro (if Jason is approved to drive)...

We have also paid for a garage space, so you guys are stuck with us all weekend...

David Love AI27
04-12-2008, 01:49 PM

What about Martin?? We like Martin even if he is confused about what a "real" race car is... :twisted:

rpoz27
04-12-2008, 04:47 PM

What about Martin?? We like Martin even if he is confused about what a "real" race car is... :twisted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. He'll be there, too.

Speaking of real race cars, James Clay of World Challenge and Bimmerworld was our private instructor on Thursday. We had the Camaro, Martin's BMW, and a friend's BMW at the track for it. The friend offered to let James drive his BMW. James asked if he could drive the Camaro instead. 8)

Picture is exiting T6. Track was wet. I don't think we exited a single corner with the ass end lined up straight, but the car never felt unbalanced or out of control and James planned ahead for the slip angles so he was never surprised. I was giggling like a schoolgirl for the whole ride. Awesome day!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb307/hiofcrcobra/mistyNmartin%20day/MistyNMartinDay718crossedup.jpg

jeffburch
04-12-2008, 05:20 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EBB6BK1AL._SS500_.jpg

ShadowBolt
04-12-2008, 06:15 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EBB6BK1AL._SS500_.jpg

Except for the cig my wife looked just like that in high school! The wife had a better tan and real boobs so she was hotter than this girl but this one would do in a pinch. Damn fine lips though!

JJ

jeffburch
04-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Do I make you horny Baby?????????

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/Austin_Danger_Powers_Mike_Myers.jpg

AI#97
04-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Except for the cig my wife looked just like that in high school! The wife had a better tan and real boobs so she was hotter than this girl but this one would do in a pinch. Damn fine lips though!
JJ

There is no such thing as fake boobs....if you can touch them then they are real!

Rob Liebbe
04-13-2008, 07:08 PM
I'll be there for the sprints and the enduro. I'll sign up tonight.

Jeremy Gunter
04-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I see that garage space is limited and reserved, is that 1/2 of one of the pit stalls? I am thinking about renting one, but I don't know that it's worth the trouble when I am only DEing...

AI#97
04-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I see that garage space is limited and reserved, is that 1/2 of one of the pit stalls? I am thinking about renting one, but I don't know that it's worth the trouble when I am only DEing...

yes...and it is limited. It is usually customary for DE guys to pit along the fence....

marshall_mosty
04-14-2008, 04:45 AM
Michael and I will be there as well. Michael will be running the sprint races in #11 and we will co-drive #67 in the enduro.

I won't be running sprint races this weekend.

Rob Liebbe
04-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Signed up - with garage space. Todd and I should be there Friday so he can get some practice and get a bit used to my car.

marshall_mosty
04-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Signed up - with garage space. Todd and I should be there Friday so he can get some practice and get a bit used to my car.

Todd's going to drive the car... :shock:

Ohh, wait, is CCW this time... all good!

Al Fernandez
04-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I dont know...getting a little cheating bastard practice in on Friday is what led Todd into trouble last time... :lol:

Al Fernandez
04-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Just got an email from Jessica with the latest signups according to her:

AIX
David Love

AI
Frank Robertson
David Donovan (name defaults in)
Matt White

CMC and CMC2
Jeff Burch
Morgan Dawdy
Al Fernandez (name defaults in)
Glenn Landrum (name defaults in)
Rob Liebbe
Gerry MacNeil
Steve Mulder
James Proctor
Gary Robertson
Jeff Wirtz

AI#97
04-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Just got an email from Jessica with the latest signups according to her:

AI
Frank Robertson
David Donovan (name defaults in)
Matt White

Well shit...any of you CMC'rs want to run AI to help out the TOYO bucks?! :cry:

Jeremy Gunter
04-14-2008, 07:04 PM

I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO!!!! :lol:

AI#97
04-14-2008, 07:15 PM

I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO!!!! :lol:

Well, his list didn't have Misty who already registered and I know Daron and Mason want some more beatings on track so it shouldn't be too bad... as long as we have 5 things will be good.

GlennCMC70
04-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Mitch Warren is missing on that list - he's going.
Bryan Lienart isa possible.

ShadowBolt
04-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Do I need to contact someone? I signed up a week ago and have a e-mailed conformation. Why am I not on the list?

I think Michael told me he was signed up also but I don't see him on the list either.

JJ

GlennCMC70
04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
people who are considered NASA Staff are on a different list.
i saw Michaels name.

GlennCMC70
04-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Jerry, i'll look into your issue.

ShadowBolt
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Jerry, i'll look into your issue.

Thanks Glenn.

JJ

donovan
04-14-2008, 09:55 PM
I will be there, just might not have the car ready.

The fuel tank is still not in the car, plus I have a few other things that need to be addressed that I don't see I will have time to complete before this weekend.

See ya this weekend!
DD

David Love AI27
04-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I will be there, just might not have the car ready.

The fuel tank is still not in the car, plus I have a few other things that need to be addressed that I don't see I will have time to complete before this weekend.

See ya this weekend!
DD

Dude, My car is ready... and Jason is driving Sat. I have lots of time to help you put it back together... load it all up... what can I do to help???

donovan
04-15-2008, 12:21 AM
I installed a new fuel tank(used), with my internals... I can't get the system to presurize. I need figure that out.

Change oil, flush brake system, flush cooling system.

Oil has four events on it, brak fluid has four as well, and has not been bleed in two events. Cooling issues makes me want to flush the cooling system.

Need better ducting for radiator.

Exhaust system rear hanger broke at the last event, needs some fab & welding work.

Power steering system developed a medium size leak... not sure about this one...

plus a few small other things...

Time is the only problem... if I can sneak out of the office early a few days and take off Thursday I should be fine, but if not I'm not going to do another all nighter, I have done that for the last two events...I'm done with that.

DD

Mason
04-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Daron and I will be there and will be running the sprint races only and we have reserved covered parking if anyone's keeping count.

Matt, you'll be introduced to the new and improved AI75 V2.4b3 over the weekend, don't worry. :D

David, get the car done and come out!!!

- the Down Under Race Team Rookie

AI#97
04-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Oil has four events on it, brak fluid has four as well, and has not been bleed in two events. Cooling issues makes me want to flush the cooling system.

Mine has started using oil to the point where I haven't changed it in like 7 events now... :oops: I am going to change it tonight and then probably bleed the brakes at the track Friday night.

Why did you end up swapping tanks...? Was it more than just the grommets leaking?

Mason...there have been some improvements on AI#97 too... ;)

I have been analyzing a lot of my videos and think I figured out how the air is moving over the nose of the car...just hope these wear plates last on the nose! something is working right because I keep having to increase the attack on the rear wing. in 06' at Houston, I was at 2.5 degrees of attack...I am now approaching 5.5. The car is starting to come into it's own and feels outstanding on track...just don't know if it's fast or not! :lol:

donovan
04-15-2008, 08:51 AM
The grommet was leaking, actually the Sending Unit gasket was the problem, last time it was installed it had rolled and under compression split.

In the process of fixing that I noticed that the baffle in the tank was loose and rolling around. No real good way to fix it, so I sourced a used tank and installed it with my internals.

I installed the tank last night and put in 5 gallons of fuel and now it won't prime up... Uhg! Not sure what the problem is, I would think that 5 gallons would be enough to get the pump to pull pressure.

The lines are different sizes so I don't think I have the hooked up wrong.

DD

cjlmlml
04-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Race + Garage 358.98

Gas for the weekend $200 at least

$558 before even getting on the track,

Does that not seem like a lot of money to anyone? Anyone?

Wirtz
04-15-2008, 09:33 AM
I had a tank once that I had trouble getting to prime, I cupped over the fill tube with my hand and used my air gun to add some pressure. It was just enough to get it to prime and after that it was good. Just an idea.

Jeff

AI#97
04-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Race + Garage 358.98

where are you going with this? costs really haven't changed for 3 years now...?

AI#97
04-15-2008, 10:00 AM
The grommet was leaking, actually the Sending Unit gasket was the problem, last time it was installed it had rolled and under compression split.

In the process of fixing that I noticed that the baffle in the tank was loose and rolling around. No real good way to fix it, so I sourced a used tank and installed it with my internals.

I installed the tank last night and put in 5 gallons of fuel and now it won't prime up... Uhg! Not sure what the problem is, I would think that 5 gallons would be enough to get the pump to pull pressure.

The lines are different sizes so I don't think I have the hooked up wrong.

DD

Might it be trash in the new tank blocking the screen? Fox tanks are a little different than what I am used to on our "returnless" systems maybe Marshall can give you some input...he has worked on his plenty and so did Richard I think....? I'd hate to see you miss the event but maybe a cell with a sump and external pump is the next logical upgrade if the internals are going bad on you...?

jeffburch
04-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Race + Garage 358.98

what did that "paint" job cost you?
Didn't Corey give you a deal on it? 8) :lol:

jb

donovan
04-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Jeff, I will give that a try... sounds like a good idea.

The pump is about four years old too... I'm ordering a new pump just in case its just old enough to not work good enough, this might be a sign that its worn out a little.

Matt, I flushed the tank out good and cleaned it up... should not be anything in the tank... new filter sock on the pump, lines look okay... no kinks...

I'm thinking the pump is just old and not priming up... I will try Jeff's idea... I also have a stock pump I could try as well... but could not race on it, but could use it for testing.

DD

RichardP
04-15-2008, 10:50 AM
I also have a stock pump I could try as well... but could not race on it, but could use it for testing.

DD

If you figure out you need a pump, I can pull the one out of my car and bring it...

Richard P.

donovan
04-15-2008, 10:56 AM
I also have a stock pump I could try as well... but could not race on it, but could use it for testing.

DD

If you figure out you need a pump, I can pull the one out of my car and bring it...

Richard P.

I'm going to order one today, it might not make it in time... if I head out without one I will let you know.

DD

AllZWay
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Race + Garage 358.98

Usually a weekend ends up costing me close to $1,000, more if you factor in race tires. :shock:

BryanL
04-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Before I got into this stuff I was told to just figure on a grand per event as well.

Anyone up for going to eat at Ozona sat night? I like the Ozona on Greenville Ave in Dallas and would hope it is similar.

Bryan

cjlmlml
04-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Guess I havent been adding everything up .

I will go back to not adding things up.

Ignorance is bliss.

Ask Mitch Warren.

Al Fernandez
04-15-2008, 11:38 AM
:lol:

Dave, FYI I couldnt get my pump to prime once because of a miniscule leak upstream of it. No gas would come out, but the pump sucked in air. So, if your pump is external like mine, double check all upstream fittings.

Apologies if I missed a name on the registered list. I cant double check since I cant access that email from work. Glenn, can you double check for me??

mitchntx
04-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Guess I havent been adding everything up .

I will go back to not adding things up.

Ignorance is bliss.

Ask Mitch Warren.

Yes ... you are ignorant ...
:P

donovan
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
:lol:

Dave, FYI I couldnt get my pump to prime once because of a miniscule leak upstream of it. No gas would come out, but the pump sucked in air. So, if your pump is external like mine, double check all upstream fittings.

Apologies if I missed a name on the registered list. I cant double check since I cant access that email from work. Glenn, can you double check for me??

It's an in-tank pump... good idea, I do need to check the lines again though.

DD

AI#97
04-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Before I got into this stuff I was told to just figure on a grand per event as well.

Anyone up for going to eat at Ozona sat night? I like the Ozona on Greenville Ave in Dallas and would hope it is similar.

Bryan

NOT the same place! I am thinking Freebirds Saturday night and picking up cheap beer on the way back to the track...screw that cotton patch shit!

Dave, it's just strange that the pump would suddenly crap out...could you possibly prime it from the engine bay by running fuel back down the supply line?

donovan
04-15-2008, 12:22 PM

Bryan

NOT the same place! I am thinking Freebirds Saturday night and picking up cheap beer on the way back to the track...screw that cotton patch shit!

Dave, it's just strange that the pump would suddenly crap out...could you possibly prime it from the engine bay by running fuel back down the supply line?

Could be the pump is 4+ years old and just not as good anymore... I have had the tank out three or 4 times over the past couple years and never had this problem... I checked again last night, it has 4-5 gallons of fuel, should be enough to prime it up.

I will try the air pressure thing Jeff suggested, and them maybe put another 5 gallons of fuel in...

Maybe I just need to let it sit overnight... I will try it when I get home... could be that the new fuel pump strainer was not letting fuel in, soaking overnight might be enough????

DD

marshall_mosty
04-15-2008, 02:41 PM
David,
I have a spare pump and strainer in my pit box. You are more than welcome to them. I learned a long time ago that I may need them... six times.

Luckily that Gremlin has died and hasn't resurfaced. I still don't know why and that just irks me not to know.

Oh well... Back to ingorant bliss. 8)

Rob Liebbe
04-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I had similar fuel pump issues as Marshall and on his recommendation switched from Autozone pumps to O'reily pumps and have had no further problems.

Not the same issue as Donovan though. So I'm of no use after all.

donovan
04-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I had similar fuel pump issues as Marshall and on his recommendation switched from Autozone pumps to O'reily pumps and have had no further problems.

Not the same issue as Donovan though. So I'm of no use after all.

I forget, what was the issues with your's and Marshalls pumps? I just remember a lot of tank remove and installs, but forget what the problems was?

DD

Rob Liebbe
04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
The pumps would just stop working. One session it would work, and the next time you tried to start the car the pump wouldn't run at all.

Marshall did a "scientific" dry pump to failure test and found that the Autozone pumps would fail a LOT quicker than the O'Reily pumps.

Silly engineer.

donovan
04-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Interesting, thanks.
DD

GlennCMC70
04-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Do I need to contact someone? I signed up a week ago and have a e-mailed conformation. Why am I not on the list?

I think Michael told me he was signed up also but I don't see him on the list either.

JJ

NASA TX says your on thier list Jerry. your good to go.

David Love AI27
04-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Race + Garage 358.98

Registration for Sprints, enduro, extra drivers, garage $800+
New set of tires $725
New set of brakes including pads and rotors $350+
Fuel 90 gals @ $4.00 (track price) $360.00
Oil change $75.00
Hanging with the best bunch of guys Priceless

One months pay for 1 weekend of fun

Todd Covini
04-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Here, Here...David Love!

I'll be there! Bringing the helmet & suit...running the enduro with Rob. Gotta start shaking the cobwebs prior to the 2nd half of the season if I'm going to start kickin' some Camaro butt!!! :twisted:

-=- Todd

PS- This horse is going to be tough to get back on...are we really practicing Friday CCW?
http://www.funnyville.com/funny-pictures/scared.jpg

michaelmosty
04-15-2008, 11:47 PM
PS- This horse is going to be tough to get back on...are we really practicing Friday CCW?

Would you rather run the track CW? :shock:

j3ffbrooks
04-15-2008, 11:48 PM
I installed a new fuel tank(used), with my internals...

Wonder where you got that... :roll:

Good luck to you guys this weekend. Wish I could be out there racing right now. Got my taxes done today and it looks like it might be a little longer before I can race again. Guess its time to find a real job.

JB (the real JB)

marshall_mosty
04-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Marshall did a "scientific" dry pump to failure test and found that the Autozone pumps would fail a LOT quicker than the O'Reily pumps.
Silly engineer.

The AutoZone pump failed within approx 1 hour of running on a 12V battery charger in a "dry" condition.

The O'Reilley's lasted somewhere between 8-10 hours before failure.

You have to sacrifice some to find the strong ones. 8) No problems since!

donovan
04-16-2008, 12:11 AM
I installed a new fuel tank(used), with my internals...

Wonder where you got that... :roll:

Good luck to you guys this weekend. Wish I could be out there racing right now. Got my taxes done today and it looks like it might be a little longer before I can race again. Guess its time to find a real job.

JB (the real JB)

I wish it was that easy! I looked at yours, I removed it from the plastic bottom and revealed a rather large dent, its like a 11 gallon tank... looks like someone jacked up a car with it.

I'm using the tank from the 97 Cobra...

It was a lot more work.

I will mess with it tomorrow night some more.

DD

ShadowBolt
04-16-2008, 07:10 AM

JJ

NASA TX says your on thier list Jerry. your good to go.

Thanks Glenn!

JJ

cobra132
04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
I have a 96 cobra tank if needed. FMR

David Love AI27
04-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Gotta start shaking the cobwebs prior to the 2nd half of the season if I'm going to start kickin' some Camaro butt!!!

-=- Todd

Let me know how that works out for you... :roll:

rpoz27
04-16-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't have Mulder or Warren on the NASA garage list. Are you supposed to be?

GlennCMC70
04-16-2008, 03:06 PM
yes they are.

AllZWay
04-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Are you working on Friday's list or Sat/Sun?

I won't be there in time for Friday cheating bastard practice...but I did sign up for a garage for Sat./Sun.

rpoz27
04-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Are you working on Friday's list or Sat/Sun?

All of it. Jessica sent me what she has and I'm assigning spaces. This is what I have for AI/CMC:

Mulder, Liebbe, Robertson, Jordan, MacNeil, Mosty, Mosty, Robertson, White, Donovan, Landrum, Proctor, Dawdy, Warren, Wirtz, Leinart, Fernandez, Burch, Love, Cain, Cooke

Is anyone missing who wants a garage? Is anyone on this list who does not want to be there? I'm posting the final tonight in several forums and to my registrants list, so speak now, please.

Thanks

AllZWay
04-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Awesome work Misty... :)

rpoz27
04-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks, James. Let's see what y'all think once you see the map. (not to scale)

jeffburch
04-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Since when did this bunch follow any sort of orderly plan such as this?
Please put me in my lucky spot #36 please.
Thx.

jb

ShadowBolt
04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks, James. Let's see what y'all think once you see the map. (not to scale)

Looks good Misty!

JJ

marshall_mosty
04-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Is it just me, or is Misty's list a bit segerated? All the GM camp on one side and all the Ford guys on the other? 8)

rpoz27
04-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Is it just me, or is Misty's list a bit segerated? All the GM camp on one side and all the Ford guys on the other? 8)

I just had the Camaro waxed and wanted it to stay clean. :wink:

rpoz27
04-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Since when did this bunch follow any sort of orderly plan such as this?
Please put me in my lucky spot #36 please.
Thx.

jb

I knew there would be one...Here ya go, JB. Have your stinky ol' garage.

Jeremy Gunter
04-16-2008, 09:21 PM
can I park an RV where groups 1 and 2 pit? it says no trailers but was curious about RV's... Also, can I park my trailer there on Friday during the afternoon until the RV arrives friday night? to save the spot?

rpoz27
04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Run the RV parking by JC on Friday. I don't know the answer to that one. The only spot that needs to stay clear, as far as I know, is directly between the tower and the media room and they just need a line of sight path.

rpoz27
04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Here, I published the garage list to Google, so any time I make a change or an addition you can see it. http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pJ_o7FsRsZYh7cSztyT6fBQ&gid=0

Todd Covini
04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Kinda nice how it worked out that all the Fords are on one side and all the GM's are all on the other side. Really helps the cohesiveness. (Except for Burch of course, as he goes both ways. :wink: )

Thanks for doing this, Misty! Huge help!
Now the fun part will come on Friday in the "enforcement" phase!

-= Todd

PS- I'm glad we're going CCW...I mis-spoke earlier. :shock:

David Love AI27
04-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Here, I published the garage list to Google, so any time I make a change or an addition you can see it. http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pJ_o7FsRsZYh7cSztyT6fBQ&gid=0

Thanks from some of us the haven't bootlegged MS Office... yet

ShadowBolt
04-17-2008, 07:59 AM

Misty,

You have two Robertsons with garages (28 and 33). Just thought I would point it out to you incase it was a mistake.

JJ

gt40
04-17-2008, 09:45 AM

Thanks from some of us the haven't bootlegged MS Office... yet

http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

Wy screw with bootlegged software? OpenOffice is free and runs under Windows and Linux. I've been using if for a few years now. No more Microsoft (and I owned a legal copy of Office 2003!)

BryanL
04-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I use open office as well. Works just fine. Though I don't think I can send files from openoffice to someone using excel??

Thanks for grouping the F-bodies together Misty.

Todd-think we can get a quick flight together going CW?

gt40
04-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I use open office as well. Works just fine. Though I don't think I can send files from openoffice to someone using excel??You have to save the file in Excel format. Open Office defaults or an open document standard for newly-created files, so make sure it is saved in the correct format.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Rsmith350
04-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Does the open office work with Vista?

rpoz27
04-17-2008, 11:01 AM

Misty,

You have two Robertsons with garages (28 and 33). Just thought I would point it out to you incase it was a mistake.

JJ

Gary and Frank. Added initials.

Gary- if you want to move to the Fbody side, you can.

rpoz27
04-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Kinda nice how it worked out that all the Fords are on one side and all the GM's are all on the other side. Really helps the cohesiveness. (Except for Burch of course, as he goes both ways. :wink: )

Thanks for doing this, Misty! Huge help!
Now the fun part will come on Friday in the "enforcement" phase!

-= Todd

You're welcome! Kinda curious to see if it survives Friday morning.

ShadowBolt
04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
My bad. I forgot we had two Robertsons. Anyone know what happened to Chuck Penny? He missed Cresson and I don't see him signed up here.

JJ

GlennCMC70
04-17-2008, 11:47 AM
so far i've only ever seen Chuck sign-up and race at Houston.

Adam Ginsberg
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Does the open office work with Vista?

Nothing works with Vista...except your checkbook.

Rsmith350
04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
actually i downloaded it and it works like a champ with Vista. Just in case any body is curious.

BryanL
04-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I have been using it for over a year with Vista with zero problems. Thanks for the tip on saving the files as an excel file Robert.

Chuck
04-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Looks like I will miss this event, couldn't find the time to finish the car.

You guys have fun and be safe.

Chuck

oz98cobra
04-18-2008, 01:00 AM
If anyone who lives near or can go past PST on the way to TWS tomorrow, we need a couple bottles of Motul 660 brake fluid.

If anyone can help, give me a call in the morning and I will arrange it with PSt so they are ready to go.

thanks.

GlennCMC70
04-18-2008, 06:21 AM
if you can get the stuff to I-20 and 377 i can pick it up. but i'll be there between 8 and 8:30.

Wirtz
04-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Looks like the projector I was going to borrow lost it's buld sometime last week. I'm not sure if anyone else was bringing something.

Jeff

oz98cobra
04-18-2008, 09:52 AM
if you can get the stuff to I-20 and 377 i can pick it up. but i'll be there between 8 and 8:30.

Couldn't meet Glenn's timeframe - anyone else going by PST? call me if you are - 469-939-6975

AI#97
04-18-2008, 10:33 AM

Couldn't meet Glenn's timeframe - anyone else going by PST? call me if you are - 469-939-6975

I have to flush my brakes at the track and have 1.75 bottles of 660 with me...worst case, we can use what we got on hand and figure it out after that....

oz98cobra
04-18-2008, 10:38 AM
thanks Matt - if we can't get any today, we'll take you up on that.

When you heading down?

cjlmlml
04-18-2008, 11:22 AM
There is a motorcycle place in Carrolton, west of 35, rundown kind of place, near a army surplus store I believe, I have bought Motul kart stuff there before, you might try them.

oz98cobra
04-18-2008, 01:28 PM
thanks guys - got some a mile from the house at Autoscope - just had to cut off an arm and a leg for payment :roll: