PDA

View Full Version : AI is now Amazing!

AI#97
04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Since when in our TX history has there been 3 different winners in AI in 3 Races for the weekend?! We had some of the best AI racing this weekend it's only going to get better.

Congrats to Team Downunder for the new lap record and their first win on Sunday. Don't get used to it though...I plan on making sure I don't have my same issues the rest of the year.

To Donovan, had an outstanding time holding you off in Race two but you fell into my trap quite nicely! I guess my race craft isn't so rusty after all but I need to start learning to drive looking through the windshield and not my mirror so much...although I was driving out the passenger window a lot in race 3!! :lol:

Lyons...I had a blast playing together in Race 3...sadly, all my problems were coming full circle and you got me back for a strong podium after a pretty rough weekend. Great way to stick with it!

Frank keeps getting faster and he is going to have a lot of data on the R888's after the enduro! He is only getting faster and pretty soon the AI pack is going to look like the CMC pack.

For me...wow...all the old tires in my inventory are getting thrown in the trash. A couple were date coded Feb 05' and it's time to start dipping into my newer stock. I felt like I was in a Formula Drift contest all weekend and figure in the Mass air meter plug coming off and basically having an on/off switch for a gas pedal...I am happy to have just finished all three races. It appears it came off saturday in race 1 but just over looked it all weekend.

The next 60 days is going to call for several improvements to find ways to stay up with these guys. It's been nice for 3 years to not have to change much on the car to run up front but things are changing and the pack is closing in. You know you got to do something when you best your personal records by 1/2 second with a limping car and a couple of other guys destroy that by over a second just a year later! Maybe we DO have the fastest AI field in the US?! 8)

oz98cobra
04-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Ditto Matt - only don't forget Irwin and Capps - I know those fellas are looking to shed some weight from those 05s, so we are likely to see more than half a dozen AI cars all running hard within a few 10ths of each other.

That "All Texas AI Podium" at nationals is looking more realistic every event! ;)

Al Fernandez
04-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Darron and I were chatting about this during the enduro...AI is looking really sweet right now, and even though the car count is going up the time difference is coming down!

Tommy55
04-22-2008, 08:33 AM
(That "All Texas AI Podium" at nationals is looking more realistic every event! ;)[/quote]

Not if we have anything to do with it :D

oz98cobra
04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
http://www.downunderracing.com/gallery/2008/NASA-TWS-08-04_0107.jpg

That's not a staged photo - that's in a race!

marshall_mosty
04-22-2008, 12:02 PM
double post... thought Daron's pic didn't upload.

oz98cobra
04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Here's a link to it just in case: http://www.downunderracing.com/gallery/2008/NASA-TWS-08-04_0107.jpg

AI#97
04-22-2008, 12:48 PM
That's not a staged photo - that's in a race!

My new desktop background!

marshall_mosty
04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Looks like a fighter plane formation. Look at all those wings!!!

AI#97
04-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Looks like a fighter plane formation. Look at all those wings!!!

yep! I had to go to guns because I was too close for missles!!!! :twisted:

rpoz27
04-22-2008, 01:27 PM
A friend of mine got a series of shots of that from a different angle while panning. I'll post them when he sends them to me.

Todd Covini
04-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm going to use that pic to restart the Texas AI National Championship buzz. 8)

Al Fernandez
04-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Tremendous...you guys keep this up and I might have to yank my restrictor plate and kick all your asses!! :lol: 8)

michaelmosty
04-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Tremendous...you guys keep this up and I might have to yank my restrictor plate and kick all your asses!! :lol: 8)
OK Glenn, I've heard that before. :lol:

oz98cobra
04-23-2008, 02:42 PM

Bring it on Al - we need more GMs in AI in Texas! 8)

David Love AI27
04-24-2008, 12:24 AM

Bring it on Al - we need more GMs in AI in Texas! 8)

We are planning to move back to AI in '09 to help with the car count and up the contingency funds for you guys... our goal is to take the AIX championship for '08 and Jason to get Rookie of the Year... he got a good start with his first win... I'm very proud of his attitude and performance in a ill handling low HP car...