PDA

View Full Version : Hallett 2008

jeffburch
04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Rocky Mountain Bros organizing a BBQ Sat nite.
http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_forums/showthread.php?t=1907
jb

mitchntx
04-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Do we need to get in on this?

jeffburch
04-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Ya, I think so.
jb

oz98cobra
04-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Looks like they want to throw it on in appreciation for having us? Hmm, if they're providing the tucker, the we might have to provide the lubication? Boudy, you planning on coming right? :D

chris-CMC#35
04-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Do we need to get in on this?

Just be there. All of you.

-chris

michaelmosty
04-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Will do, can't wait for it!!!
Both CMC and AI have had some incredible racing this year and I can't imagine how awesome it is going to be to have a whole other group with us. This will be a preview to what the future will bring us in TX. :D

mitchntx
04-23-2008, 08:27 AM
I think these guys are coming, loaded for bear ... :shock:

jeffburch
04-23-2008, 08:54 AM
In AI anyway 8) :P
jb

AI#97
04-23-2008, 09:36 AM
I think these guys are coming, loaded for bear ... :shock:

To Drink and Eat maybe....wonder if they are going to race! :lol:

Wirtz
04-30-2008, 05:45 PM
So can someone expand on some info for Hallet for Noobs? I have not been tot he track but planning to make it.

I heard that hotels are not near the track? Does everyone just sleep at the track?

Are there showers at the track?

Is there food near or at the track? Gas?

Is there a Friday test session?

Any other words of wisdom?

Jeff

GlennCMC70
04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Hotels in Sand Springs - about 30 miles. resturants in Sand Springs. Gas in Hallett and a couple other very close towns.
showers at the track - indoor and outdoor. bring some shorts to shower in.
most sleep at the track. no alarm clock needed, the "chickens" will wake you.

Adam Ginsberg
04-30-2008, 05:52 PM
I heard that hotels are not near the track?

They are ~10 or so miles away. But, you can hear the "Deliverance" banjos in the background.

Does everyone just sleep at the track?

It's the most convenient thing to do. Not to mention, we always have a BLAST.

Are there showers at the track?

Yep - one inside, one outside. It's not the Hyatt, but you can get clean.

Is there food near or at the track?

Finish Line Cafe open for breakfast, lunch, and (I think, although not certain) early dinner.

Gas?

Yes - after eating at the Finish Line Cafe.

Is there a Friday test session?

Call the track directly - many times, they'll do a "happy hour" pretty damn cheap. Especially if enough people are interested.

Any other words of wisdom?

Go in the spirit of having a great time.

donovan
04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
bring some shorts to shower in.

You're supposed to wear shorts in the outdoor showers... Hmm, I missed that memo...

DD

AllZWay
04-30-2008, 07:24 PM
If someone will let me....I am going to camp out in a trailer.

donovan
04-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Tent camping at the track is awesome! Its always nice and cool... we only had rain once, it was just a light sprinkle!! :twisted:

DD

Wirtz
04-30-2008, 10:27 PM
I might be looking for a trailer was well. It does not look like the pit crew will be making this trip with me.

How about driving directions to get to the track? Looks like I35 most of the way. Then 64 to 412?

Jeff

Adam Ginsberg
04-30-2008, 11:49 PM
I35 N to the 44 E to the 99 N. The track will be on your left side before you hit the 412, IIRC.

Rob Liebbe
05-01-2008, 07:23 AM
I35 N to the 44 E to the 99 N. The track will be on your left side before you hit the 412, IIRC.

Sounds like Adam is spending too much time in California.

BSharp
05-01-2008, 08:50 AM

Sounds like Adam is spending too much time in California.

Did not take long for him to revert to his old ways. He almost broke the habit.

Rob Liebbe
05-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Who is planning on making it to Hallet from the Texas region?

Liebbe
Mitch
Burch
Daron
Michael
Matt
Glenn
Adam
Donovan
Proctor
Sharp

These are the names that have posted in this thread. I missed last year and am looking forward to going this year.

Reuth?
Lyons?
Jordan?
Covini?

I know I'm missing several.

JJordan
05-01-2008, 11:07 AM
We will be there.

-Jay

BryanL
05-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I should be there as well

Bryan

GlennCMC70
05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Mitch, Steve also.

ShadowBolt
05-01-2008, 12:14 PM
The Jordans will be there if I can ever get a T2R!
Michael found one the other day that was supposed to be here this week but now it's 6-8 weeks but then he comes through again and finds another place that says their supplier has two in stock. I hope so, I have a lot to do before the end of June and it will be here before you know it. If I pull it off beware suckas.....OK, I know, that may be a little strong.

JJ

BryanL
05-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Which direction are we running? I pulled up youtube and see video going both directions?

GlennCMC70
05-01-2008, 12:30 PM
i've only run it CCW.

Al Fernandez
05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I'll be there, with or without the winning car. Hey, I threw the serpentine belt, dont know if I'll have time to get to that. :lol: :wink:

Rsmith350
05-01-2008, 02:21 PM
I'll be there, with or without the winning car. Hey, I threw the serpentine belt, dont know if I'll have time to get to that. :lol: :wink:

Did you ever get your camber issue resolved?

Wirtz
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm planning on it.

Jeff

David Love AI27
05-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Plan A the LiiR AIX #27 will be there Jason driving on Sat., David on Sun.

Plan B plus the TT? #10

Hope to convert garage into hotel room..

Alien
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Right now, I plan on making the trek.

cobra132
05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
I'll be there. Frank

dirwin
05-02-2008, 01:25 PM
I will be there, don't yet know about Capps

gt40
05-02-2008, 03:42 PM
One way or another I always seem to be able to haul my lazy butt to Hallett. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to this year...

Adam Ginsberg
05-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Sorry folks, but I won't be at the Hallett shin-dig this year. Car, truck, trailer, gear, etc are still vacationing in SoCal, and will likely remain there until the first week of August.

Please be sure to post up pics, videos, etc of the event, as I'll need to live vicariously through them.

Have fun!

GlennCMC70
05-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Sorry folks, but I won't be at the Hallett shin-dig this year. Car, truck, trailer, gear, etc are still vacationing in SoCal, and will likely remain there until the first week of August.

Please be sure to post up pics, videos, etc of the event, as I'll need to live vicariously through them.

Have fun!

you will be talked about.

donovan
05-07-2008, 02:22 PM

Have fun!

a lot... :twisted:

mitchntx
05-07-2008, 02:35 PM

Have fun!

But the conversations will be short.

:lol: I crack me up sometimes ...

donovan
05-07-2008, 03:52 PM

Have fun!

But the conversations will be short.

:lol: I crack me up sometimes ...

it is what it is....

8)

cjlmlml
05-07-2008, 03:57 PM
WHAT CAUSES SHORT-LEGGED CATS?

It is impossible to say for sure which of several possible mutatin the eary "Kangaroo cats" actually had. The term "foreleg micromelia" suggests a mild form of the usually crippling condition Radial Hypoplasia (Polydactyl Cats), but the description of their smooth ferret-like gait and the apparent absence of extra toes does not support this diagnosis. They probably had one of the many forms of dwarfism that occurs in mammals. In contrast, modern Munchkins have "foreleg and hindleg micromelia".

The most common (and easily recognisable) short-limbed condition is achondroplasia dwarfism which shortens the long bones of the limbs while leaving the trunk (body) and head unchanged.. Achondroplasia dwarfism is characterised by abnormal body proportions. Achondroplasia dwarfism is the result of a dominant gene affecting the hormones which control bone growth. Typically, the growth of the limbs is stunted, while the size of the trunk and mental capacity are normal. It causes abnormally short and deformed limbs; this is most noticeable in short-legged dog breeds where the limbs are bowed or twisted. It also typically produces a large head with undershot (bulldog) jaw and crowded, misaligned teeth. Other cranial problems may occur due to the abnormal head shape. The limbs are frequently bowed which may result in poorly articulating joints. The vertebrae may also be affected. Although most affected cats are mentally normal, their abnormal body proportions may result in slow development in early kittenhood. The large head may result in kittens being delivered by caesarian section as they are unable to pass through the birth canal. Stuck kittens are likely to die and would likely cause the mother to die.

In the Munchkin; these short limbs are the distinguishing feature of the breed and the other deformities associated with achondroplasia are avoided (as far as possible) by careful selective breeding, avoiding breeding those individuals which have spine or chest deformities. Achondroplasia is typically associated with a large or abnormal head, but Munchkins do not have this trait, suggesting a different condition that mimics achondroplasia, most likely pseudochondroplasia.

Achondroplasia also occurs at random in the feline population due to mutation. It is a variable condition ranging from "nearly normal" to crippling with all legs severely deformed. The forelegs are usually more severely affected than the hindlegs. In animals this form of dwarfism ranges from mildly disabling to crippling if only one copy of the gene is inherited. If two copies of the gene are inherited, the trait is lethal and the embryos are either reabsorbed early on in pregnancy (this is the case with cats) or stillborn.

There are almost certainly other dwarf conditions in cats, although they may not have not been identified as distinct from the Munchkin mutation. Acromesomelia (acromesomelic dysplasia) is characterized by short arms, legs, and fingers, and a slightly enlarged head. Hypochondroplasia looks like mild achondroplasia, but is genetically different. Its effects are less pronounced and there are fewer associated health problems. In species where dwarfism is poorly documented, it is often misdiagnosed as achondroplasia. Pseudoachondroplasia also mimics achondroplasia, but leaves the head size and facial features unaffected and is associated with osteoarthritis and other orthopaedic problems.

y5e06
05-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Copyright 2005-2007 Sarah Hartwell
http://www.messybeast.com/shortlegs.htm

Rob Liebbe
05-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Uhhhh - ok?

I guess off-track excursions have affected Chris and Morgan.

Its very sad.

AI#97
05-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Uhhhh - ok?

I guess off-track excursions have affected Chris and Morgan.

Its very sad.

So they figured out a way to lower their cats?! Must be an attempt to make them less easy to punt however probably slowed them down enough to take better aim! :lol:

ShadowBolt
05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
T2R is in!!!!!

Now the work starts.

JJ

David Love AI27
05-08-2008, 08:13 PM
WHAT CAUSES SHORT-LEGGED CATS?

It is impossible to say for sure which of several possible mutatin the eary "Kangaroo cats" actually had. The term "foreleg micromelia" suggests a mild form of the usually crippling condition Radial Hypoplasia (Polydactyl Cats), but the description of their smooth ferret-like gait and the apparent absence of extra toes does not support this diagnosis. They probably had one of the many forms of dwarfism that occurs in mammals. In contrast, modern Munchkins have "foreleg and hindleg micromelia".

The most common (and easily recognisable) short-limbed condition is achondroplasia dwarfism which shortens the long bones of the limbs while leaving the trunk (body) and head unchanged.. Achondroplasia dwarfism is characterised by abnormal body proportions. Achondroplasia dwarfism is the result of a dominant gene affecting the hormones which control bone growth. Typically, the growth of the limbs is stunted, while the size of the trunk and mental capacity are normal. It causes abnormally short and deformed limbs; this is most noticeable in short-legged dog breeds where the limbs are bowed or twisted. It also typically produces a large head with undershot (bulldog) jaw and crowded, misaligned teeth. Other cranial problems may occur due to the abnormal head shape. The limbs are frequently bowed which may result in poorly articulating joints. The vertebrae may also be affected. Although most affected cats are mentally normal, their abnormal body proportions may result in slow development in early kittenhood. The large head may result in kittens being delivered by caesarian section as they are unable to pass through the birth canal. Stuck kittens are likely to die and would likely cause the mother to die.

In the Munchkin; these short limbs are the distinguishing feature of the breed and the other deformities associated with achondroplasia are avoided (as far as possible) by careful selective breeding, avoiding breeding those individuals which have spine or chest deformities. Achondroplasia is typically associated with a large or abnormal head, but Munchkins do not have this trait, suggesting a different condition that mimics achondroplasia, most likely pseudochondroplasia.

Achondroplasia also occurs at random in the feline population due to mutation. It is a variable condition ranging from "nearly normal" to crippling with all legs severely deformed. The forelegs are usually more severely affected than the hindlegs. In animals this form of dwarfism ranges from mildly disabling to crippling if only one copy of the gene is inherited. If two copies of the gene are inherited, the trait is lethal and the embryos are either reabsorbed early on in pregnancy (this is the case with cats) or stillborn.

There are almost certainly other dwarf conditions in cats, although they may not have not been identified as distinct from the Munchkin mutation. Acromesomelia (acromesomelic dysplasia) is characterized by short arms, legs, and fingers, and a slightly enlarged head. Hypochondroplasia looks like mild achondroplasia, but is genetically different. Its effects are less pronounced and there are fewer associated health problems. In species where dwarfism is poorly documented, it is often misdiagnosed as achondroplasia. Pseudoachondroplasia also mimics achondroplasia, but leaves the head size and facial features unaffected and is associated with osteoarthritis and other orthopaedic problems.

WTF.... I only read first and last lines but..... WHAT ThE FUK!?!?!??!?!?!

Get A Life..... PLEASE...

chris-CMC#35
05-08-2008, 09:42 PM
The great thing is that the Texas boys are thinking about cats...

The Rocky Mtn folks will be spending their time learning the track. We may (probably will) get smoked on Saturday, but Sunday should be fun.

:lol:

-chris

cobra132
05-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I'am starting to worry about some of you guys. A "cat" scan of the head may be indicated. FMR

Alien
05-09-2008, 08:42 PM
So who is bringing the projector?

http://www.nikkor2d2.com/

jeffburch
05-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Registration is open.
jb

Rob Liebbe
05-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I registered.

Jerry, who do I call about motorhome hookups?

ShadowBolt
05-16-2008, 08:03 AM
I registered.

Jerry, who do I call about motorhome hookups?

I called and was told first come first served. He did say that all the electrical connections were working now (in the past they must not have been).

Jerry

michaelmosty
05-16-2008, 09:05 AM
In regards to a Friday "test" day:
I called about a week ago and they said it would be $150 for the entire day and $100 for 1/2 day (starting after lunch).
The Chicken song is complimentary. :lol:

gt40
05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
In regards to a Friday "test" day:
I called about a week ago and they said it would be $150 for the entire day and $100 for 1/2 day (starting after lunch).
The Chicken song is complimentary. :lol:Too early to make definite plans, but I'm shooting for the afternoon Happy Hour.

Michael, want to split a garage?

AllZWay
05-16-2008, 02:14 PM
I need someone to split a carport too.

AI#97
05-16-2008, 02:29 PM
I am on the fence for hallet but have an extra Stereo and some tower speakers we could use for sound. Seemed like last time was a cluster for setting up to watch the 07 video... If someone can get sound and video out of a player into the projector, I can make sure they hear it down in bus stop. I even have a portable DVD player I can bring if the projector will take the yellow analog video input.

If the Colorado boys are providing the food...we can provide the entertainment.

ShadowBolt
05-16-2008, 02:39 PM

I'll split one with you James if we can put a Ford and a GM together without getting a Dodge!

JJ

jeffburch
05-16-2008, 03:03 PM
DVD player at walmart for $37

jb

AllZWay
05-16-2008, 03:38 PM

I'll split one with you James if we can put a Ford and a GM together without getting a Dodge!

JJ

Sounds fine with me Jerry.

I have not registered or reserved a space yet....so if you have, I'll pay you for my half.

Wirtz
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
What's the deal with garages?

Jeff

ShadowBolt
05-16-2008, 04:11 PM

JJ

Sounds fine with me Jerry.

I have not registered or reserved a space yet....so if you have, I'll pay you for my half.

I will sign up tonight.

Jerry

GlennCMC70
05-16-2008, 04:21 PM
garges there are sold by the half. the whole thing costs double. if your getting a whole one for yourself and another car, be sure your clear about that.

ShadowBolt
05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
garges there are sold by the half. the whole thing costs double. if your getting a whole one for yourself and another car, be sure your clear about that.

James,

Are we going to split a half or a whole.

JJ

jeffburch
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Call the track directly.
Covered spot is $150/whole, $75/half.
Dunno about the garages.

jb

AllZWay
05-16-2008, 06:02 PM

James,

JJ

At those outrageuous prices....I would prefer splitting a half I guess.

ShadowBolt
05-16-2008, 06:15 PM

James,

JJ

At those outrageuous prices....I would prefer splitting a half I guess.

Me too. I will take care of it. Why call the track? At TWS you pay for a garage when you sign up with NASA to race?

Jerry

RichardP
05-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Covered spot is $150/whole, $75/half.

The covered spots are two cars wide and two cars deep. Sharing works fine but I tend to think that four cars in one spot gets pretty crowded. I've found that three cars sharing a covered spot leaves room for stuff and a picnic table in the shade. It also gives one car a bit more elbow room if it needs to be worked on extensively.

The covered spots also go pretty quickly. If you want one, you should try sooner rather than later. If you aren't in a covered spot, you are in the gravel/grass...

Richard P.

Wirtz
05-16-2008, 11:08 PM
So the only paved parking is in a covered spot or garage?

I was planning on bringing my tarp but would like to be setup on pavement.

If the only paved area is under cover, Jerry / James, want a third?

Jeff

ShadowBolt
05-16-2008, 11:35 PM

Jeff

If James is okay with it I am. Get a whole garage then split it three ways like Richard said?

JJ

mitchntx
05-17-2008, 05:25 AM

Jeff

If James is okay with it I am. Get a whole garage then split it three ways like Richard said?

JJ

FWIW ...

That's what we've done in the past.

Alien
05-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Covered spot is $150/whole, $75/half.If you aren't in a covered spot, you are in the gravel/grass...

Eek... Anyone else up for splitting a garage three-ways?

Wirtz
05-17-2008, 03:24 PM
JJ

Cool, I'm in. Never been to Hallett before, so I'm trying to figure out the routine.

Let me know who to pay.

Jeff

AllZWay
05-17-2008, 06:03 PM

JJ

Fine by me.....just tell me who to pay.

gt40
05-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Yo -- Mostys! Interested in a 3-way? ;)

Jeremy Gunter
05-19-2008, 05:16 PM
sorry gt40... They're taken... :P

I'm kidding

BryanL
05-19-2008, 08:51 PM
I might be interested in a 3 way as well.
Bryan

Alien
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Me, Bryan, and.... any takers?

AI#97
05-20-2008, 01:08 PM
I sent Scott/Connie and email to get one too...any AI guys looking for space or should I get the full garage for my car and my ego...? ;)

cobra132
05-20-2008, 01:30 PM
I have a double space (3car) reserved so I have 2 parking spaces available for anyone that needs one, $50 each. Just let me know via PM. I am planning on getting to the track on thursday evening for the friday practice as I have not been to Hallett. Frank

BryanL
05-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Frank, I will do that with you.

ShadowBolt
05-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I called today and was told to e-mail Connie. I have done that and I assume that James, Jeff W. and I are hooked up. Do you know if it's first come first served or do I need to ask for a certain spot?

JJ

ShadowBolt
05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Me, Bryan, and.... any takers?

I would hook up with Frank and Bryan.

JJ

cobra132
05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
OK, I've got BrianL and MattW. Frank

cobra132
05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
BryanL. Sorry, C=MD. Frank

ShadowBolt
05-20-2008, 03:47 PM
I just got off the phone with Connie and all the regular spots like Frank got are gone (at least in the area she is putting all the AI/CMC guys in). She had a very large covered garage that is usually used for tech that has walls on two sides and she said it is very nice because of the wind blowing through. The problem is that it is $200.00 instead of $150.00. I took it and right now I have Jeff W. James P. Gary R. and myself at $50.00 each. That is one more than I wanted but I really don't want to pay more than $50.00 for a space. What do you guys think?

JJ

Alien
05-20-2008, 03:53 PM
That works for me. It sounds like it is a bit larger than the others? If so then I'm sure it won't be too tight.

Wirtz
05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
I totally and completely trust in your judgement and will support your decision.

If once we get there, we don't like the setup, I say we vote someone out of the garage :) besides, I noticed it was 3 GMs and one Ford ;)

Thanks for taking care of the arrangements.

Jeff

AI#97
05-20-2008, 04:02 PM
I just got off the phone with Connie and all the regular spots like Frank got are gone (at least in the area she is putting all the AI/CMC guys in). She had a very large covered garage that is usually used for tech that has walls on two sides and she said it is very nice because of the wind blowing through. The problem is that it is $200.00 instead of $150.00. I took it and right now I have Jeff W. James P. Gary R. and myself at $50.00 each. That is one more than I wanted but I really don't want to pay more than $50.00 for a space. What do you guys think?

JJ

Jerry, if it's the "tech" garage I am thinking of, two cars will fit and that's it...maybe 3 end to end with ZERO space between bumpers. MRT uses it for tech at the Mid America meets...

<---Glad Frank was more on the ball than I was! ;)

this also makes me wonder where tech is going to be for NASA??? I had issues with ground clearance at my OLD ride height everywhere at hallet...

ShadowBolt
05-20-2008, 04:16 PM

JJ

Jerry, if it's the "tech" garage I am thinking of, two cars will fit and that's it...maybe 3 end to end with ZERO space between bumpers. MRT uses it for tech at the Mid America meets...

<---Glad Frank was more on the ball than I was! ;)

this also makes me wonder where tech is going to be for NASA??? I had issues with ground clearance at my OLD ride height everywhere at hallet...

I just talked to Wayne and he said this spot is very large and should not be a problem for four cars. Wayne said they have put six in this spot in the past. Four is enough for me.

JJ

y5e06
05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I have one of those 'covered parking' asphalt spots reserved, I suppose its a half. - across from the garages/restrooms
I won't be using it.
If someone decides to take it, go ahead. after you talk to them, let me know.

AI#97
05-20-2008, 05:39 PM
I just talked to Wayne and he said this spot is very large and should not be a problem for four cars. Wayne said they have put six in this spot in the past. Four is enough for me.

JJ

Glad to hear it's a different spot! Just looking out for our fellow racers!

AllZWay
05-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Jerry... you make the call. I have only been to Hallett once and that was several years ago, so I don't remember the facilities that well.

I agree that about $50 is my limit.

mitchntx
05-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Just so you know ...

I think the covered area you described is either at the end of the grid area or next to the exit of the grid as you come off track.

That is quite a trek from the rest of the world.

There are enclosed garages just across the compound from the awnings. It would be closer. But they are single car units as I recall.

James ... has it been that long ago for you?

I would miss a Cresson event in order to go all the way to Hallett. I love that place. I suck at driving it, but I still really like it.

jeffburch
05-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Ahhhhh, sunsets over lake Veronica.
Midnight Margaritas with the gang (Hello Boudreaux-Hell-Oooooo)
7am wake up calls from the Henhouse Five plus Two (Ray Stevens).
Close tight racing.
What a hoot!
Bock-bock
jb

GlennCMC70
05-20-2008, 08:54 PM
thereis a really big shack over on the far left of the other covered pits. its the one Skip and Scott stayed in back in 2005.

ShadowBolt
05-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Just so you know ...

I think the covered area you described is either at the end of the grid area or next to the exit of the grid as you come off track.

That is quite a trek from the rest of the world.

There are enclosed garages just across the compound from the awnings. It would be closer. But they are single car units as I recall.

I would miss a Cresson event in order to go all the way to Hallett. I love that place. I suck at driving it, but I still really like it.

She said it was close to where she has the other CMC/AI guys. She did say it was close to the grid as well. Hell I have never been there so I hope I am not screwing up.

JJ

mitchntx
05-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Jerry, it sounds like the one next to grid/track exit. It's along the south side of the entrance road and maybe 100 yards from the other covered awnings. It's really close Chez How-let.

Yer gonna love this place ...

GlennCMC70
05-20-2008, 10:18 PM
no Mitch, there is a large shed to the left of the trees there that are to the left of the covered garages. he'll be close to the group.

remember the table there under the trees where NASA did their log book signing?

AllZWay
05-21-2008, 06:24 AM

Yep.... I couldn't afford to do Corey's deal last year.

mitchntx
05-21-2008, 07:14 AM
no Mitch, there is a large shed to the left of the trees there that are to the left of the covered garages. he'll be close to the group.

No Glenn ... you are referring to the "garage" that Skip and company had which is on the opposite side of kid's playground.

Across the entrance road from that is a large covered awning, similar to the ones that line the back straight.

I'm referring to the awning across the entrance road from that garage.

ShadowBolt
05-21-2008, 09:14 AM

No Glenn ... you are referring to the "garage" that Skip and company had which is on the opposite side of kid's playground.

Across the entrance road from that is a large covered awning, similar to the ones that line the back straight.

I'm referring to the awning across the entrance road from that garage.

She said kids playground is right next to this space. This one has walls on two sides.

JJ

AI#97
05-21-2008, 09:37 AM
for clarity...

mitchntx
05-21-2008, 12:30 PM
She said kids playground is right next to this space. This one has walls on two sides.

JJ

Then it is the one that Glenn referenced and not an open awning. In Matt's awesome illustration, I was referring "Jerry's Place".

IIRC, the garage has compressed air piped in ... or maybe Skip and Scott brought a compressor

And there is yet another covered awning not shown in that pic way to the left. It was where impound was at the last NASA visit.

ShadowBolt
05-21-2008, 12:38 PM

JJ

Then it is the one that Glenn referenced and not an open awning. In Matt's awesome illustration, I was referring "Jerry's Place".

IIRC, the garage has compressed air piped in ... or maybe Skip and Scott brought a compressor

And there is yet another covered awning not shown in that pic way to the left. It was where impound was at the last NASA visit.

Mitch,
If the one you were talking about is not the one I got, can you show me on Matt's pic where the one Glenn was talking about is?

JJ

GlennCMC70
05-21-2008, 12:57 PM
from your description, you got the one circled in yellow. thats the one i was refering to.

donovan
05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
The space that is normally refered to as the Tech Sheet is the one circled in yellow.

ShadowBolt
05-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks guys

Wirtz
05-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Ok, at this point all I know is I'm going to park next to Jerry and hope he knows what he is doing.

ShadowBolt
05-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Ok, at this point all I know is I'm going to park next to Jerry and hope he knows what he is doing.

Then your in trouble, but if I can follow Jeff around the track I KNOW he knows what he is doing!

JJ

mitchntx
05-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I hope this clarifies things ...

Sounds like Jerry has rented "Skip's Garage" and NOT the BIG awning.

I highly recommend Chez How-Let ... the cuisine is second to none

ShadowBolt
05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Mitch said "I will spend a lot of time here"

What is at that location. The crapper for after Chez How-Let?

JJ

mitchntx
05-21-2008, 03:00 PM
The Winner's Circle ...

/smacktalk

AI#97
05-21-2008, 03:08 PM
The Winner's Circle ...

/smacktalk

go to the website and look at the updated photos....I think they put in a new winner's circle with podiums to boot!

donovan
05-21-2008, 04:24 PM
The Winner's Circle ...

/smacktalk

go to the website and look at the updated photos....I think they put in a new winner's circle with podiums to boot!

Me and my car will look good in that one too...

rpoz27
05-22-2008, 10:30 AM
I've got the BIG awning.

raybob9289
05-27-2008, 07:47 AM
The Winner's Circle ...

/smacktalk

Me and my car will look good in that one too...

Who's that tall good lookin guy on the right?
I think its the boogie man and he's comin for you all!!!!!

mitchntx
05-27-2008, 08:16 AM
he's comin for you all!!!!!

It's y'all ...

out-of-towners. :roll:

BlueFirePony
05-27-2008, 03:28 PM
he's comin for you all!!!!!

It's y'all ...

out-of-towners. :roll:

Is he comin' for all y'all or just y'all ?

NASA13
05-27-2008, 04:05 PM
#13 is all set up and ready from not racing at TWS. I did get to drive it in a field, I just didnt get to race. pretty normal I guess.
Just need to change the spring rates, ride heights, rebound and compression. Oh yeah and my aero needs to come off for some short track fun.

I am planning on Hallett....god willing :roll:

raybob9289
05-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Sorry Dudes,
The Boogie men are Coming for y'all.

Mason
05-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Anyone have a covered parking space still available for the race weekend? AI75 needs a home! :P

Thanks,

AI#97
05-30-2008, 07:29 PM
I will have an open spot at my house....you're more than welcome to it! :P

rpoz27
06-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Anyone have a covered parking space still available for the race weekend? AI75 needs a home! :P

Thanks,

We've got tons of space in the big awning. How much do you want?

gt40
06-03-2008, 10:02 AM
We've got tons of space in the big awning. How much do you want?Misty, I'd LOVE to rent a spot! PM me, email, or call me and we can work out the details!

Alien
06-17-2008, 05:37 PM

Is 44 a toll road? Just want to have my load of pennies ready if so.

GlennCMC70
06-17-2008, 06:00 PM
yes. you pay when you exit from it at 99.

Adam Ginsberg
06-17-2008, 06:01 PM

Yes, IIRC, the 44 is a toll road. Get yer pennies out!

rpoz27
06-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Does anyone have a spare AI windshield banner that they would be willing to bring to Hallett and sell to me?

BryanL
06-17-2008, 08:40 PM

Gary I am told to have plenty of cash as they may hit you for the toll per axle which would include the car and trailer.

raybob9289
06-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Does anyone have a spare AI windshield banner that they would be willing to bring to Hallett and sell to me?

I'll bring one and you buy me a couple of cocktails!!!

rpoz27
06-18-2008, 03:20 PM

Thanks, Raybob! Whatcha like?

Adam Ginsberg
06-18-2008, 10:35 PM

Gary I am told to have plenty of cash as they may hit you for the toll per axle which would include the car and trailer.

They do charge per axle, but, IIRC, the total cost is ~$4 or $5.

BSharp
06-18-2008, 10:38 PM
It was $3.75 last weekend for a truck and trailer.

raybob9289
06-19-2008, 08:05 AM

Thanks, Raybob! Whatcha like?

Vodka tonic with Ketal one and some lime,
in a really big cup, cuz I gets thirsty!!!!