PDA

View Full Version : Get Bent

y5e06
04-27-2008, 07:36 PM
http://www.aicmctexas.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=198

looks like a frame shop is in my future.

suprised to see the buckling of the hvac blockoff plate. Indicates frame got jacked. Will have to get it measured and hopefully will pull out fine. I have no idea how effective a frame job will be.

Also, powersteering cooler had one fitting ripped out. That will have to get replaced, as well as the pump. Engine was run by the attempted extraction crew w/o ps fluid, burning up pump. Will have to do compression check too as it may have been overheated too. Coolant was on the windshield from the overflow tube, which is abnormal.

Oil cooler has a leak, the fitting got bent and cracked it ever so slightly. Too much of a reliability risk. It will get replaced along with one of the lines as it got smacked and is deformed. May just redo the whole setup into another arrangement.

not sure about suspension components just yet. Will tear all that down, measure, and inspect after I get back from straightening the car out. wouldn't doubt bent spindles or farked LCAs or shocks.

have a lead on a few frame shops. One someone recommended from teh work on their bird, another few friend of a friend of a friend type of deal. hmphh

mitchntx
04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Sorry to hear about this, Morgan.

Again, you are welcome to the Formula donor car in my back yard.
Cosmetically, it sucks. But the inner structure appears to be sound.

AllZWay
04-28-2008, 07:23 AM
I saw that hvac plate bent, but I wasn't sure if it was from the accident or not.

This also make me think that the car is bent right below that where the subframe meets the body.

Hopefully, it can be straightened out pretty easily.

Adam Ginsberg
04-28-2008, 09:09 AM
It sucks to see the damage, Morgan. Hopefully, it won't be too bad, and you'll be back out soon.

Al Fernandez
04-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Alright, admit it...this is just an elaborate ploy to get us to allow you to seam weld your car! 8)

Man that really sucks.

AllZWay
06-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Hey Morgan.... I haven't seen an update on your car in a while.

What is the diagnosis and what is the cure?