PDA

View Full Version : assigned car numbers

mitchntx
05-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Do they stay with the team or do they stay with the car?

Boudy
05-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Uhh, well, you see, it's like this...

Heck, I don't know. Spinny???

Boudy

jeffburch
05-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Uhh, well, you see, it's like this...

Heck, I don't know. Spinny???

Boudy

Shhhhhhh, He's busy (TPS reports)

jb

marshall_mosty
05-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Mitch,
This is a hip shot, but I would think the numbers "should" stay with the car, unless the car was totaled and is replaced by a "new" car. There might be something that ties the log book, cage number, and car number together in the eyes of the racing gods?

GlennCMC70
05-03-2006, 10:44 AM
car number is assigned to a driver. # 70 is my number. i can bring out any # of CMC cars and run them as # 70 as long as i dont have 2 or more on the track @ the same time. basically, if i'm useing the number and i had it first, you cant use it.

mitch askes becuse we sold the #8. as far as i'm concerned, its the new owners number as i'm not gonna use it nor is mitch.

MikeP99Z
05-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Technically, I still "own" the number 8 for the Texas region.

mitchntx
05-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Technically, I still "own" the number 8 for the Texas region.

You are assigned #8 AI not #8 CMC

Wirtz
05-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Is that true?? I was under the impression that AI and CMC numbers pulled from the same set. It would be good for me if an AI car and a CMC car could have the same number.

Jeff

AllZWay
05-03-2006, 01:12 PM
I think Adam told me that they pulled from the same number set. I was somewhat interested in #20, but it was taken in AI.

mitchntx
05-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Learn something new every day ...

GlennCMC70
05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
so i'm assuming from here on out that AI and CMC will always share the track together, right?

Adam Ginsberg
05-03-2006, 06:53 PM
The car number stays with the driver, if they so chose.

Example - Glenn chose #70. He gets smart, sells his car, and buys a Mustang ( :lol: ), but wants to keep his number to put on his new car. His Camaro, with the new owner, would have to get a new car number.

However, if he didn't care, and sold the car, and didn't want the number, and the new owner/driver wanted it, they could keep it.

Basically, the driver who has a particular number has right of first refusal. We do not use the same car numbers within our group ( AI, AIX and CMC ).

Jeff Burch has car number 3. Another driver could request car #03, and that would be fine. Or, #003, #30, or #300, etc.

The logbook is tied to the vehicle via the VIN and the roll cage number, but I can't recall if there is a spot for the car number ( I think there is ). Realistically, the car number shouldn't matter, as it can change from owner to owner, but the logbook is essentially a "title", similar to one from the DMV, that is supposed to stay with the car throughout it's racing career. Unless it's a GAC car.

Car #8 poses a bit of a quandary, since MP has had it since NASA got started in Texas. However, he doesn't race in Texas anymore ( at least, not regularly ), so there is the thought we should allow another racer to use that number. Still up in the air about it.

As for AI/X and CMC always sharing the track together - at this time, the answer to that is yes. At some point, if AI/AIX grows large enough in Texas ( consistent 20+ cars ), it's conceivable they could have their own run group.

Todd Covini
05-03-2006, 10:43 PM
For the foreseeable future, AI/CMC will run together.

The American Iron Series is comprised of AI, AIX, AIV and CMC.
All one series.
We would have to more than double in size before splitting the groups becomes an issue. (Look at Grand Am...they address it each event based upon the # of entries.)

Regarding car #'s, (sorry MP) you leave the region or don't race anymore...your # is up for grabs. We'll do our best to work with folks and talk to them before that decision is made, but we won't "retire a #" just because someone else had it first.

Since AI/CMC runs together, we can't have an AI# and a CMC# the same. So we pull #'s for both series from the same list.

-=- Todd

Boudy
05-03-2006, 11:38 PM
i can bring out any # of CMC cars and run them as # 70 as long as i dont have 2 or more on the track @ the same time

This, I gotta see... :wink:

Boudy