PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Board Approves NASA Licenses For Club Racing

jeffburch
05-09-2008, 07:34 PM
SCCA Board Approves NASA Licenses For Club Racing

TOPEKA, Kan. (May 9, 2008) – Sports Car Club of America’s Board of Directors approved today at its face-to-face meeting in Topeka the approval of National Auto Sport Association licenses for Regional Club Racing competition, effective immediately.

The NASA Competition License joins those of 13 other organizations approved for Regional competition. Any of these license holders may participate in a Regional event, providing they are a full, First Gear, family or weekend member.

The full list of organizations with licenses approved for competition are:
BMW CCA
CACC
FIA
HSR
ICSCC
IMSA
MCSCC
NASA
PCA
Ontario Region CASC
SCCA Pro Racing
SVRA
VMC
Waterford Hills
West Canada Motorsports Association

Detailed information on the licenses approved for each organization is available in the SCCA General Competition Rules, section 3.1.5.

Adam Ginsberg
05-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Well...whaddya know. It's about damn time.

Now the trick is to have a car that meets some class requirement.....like, no V8's in TX ITE.....

Wirtz
05-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah, that is still a problem, but one specific to Texas, at least from what I have been able to figure out so far. There is a local SCCA board meeting next month I was going to try to attend to discuss the matter some more.

To me personally, there are 2 events that might be of interest to this group. First is an event at TMS. This event has always been fun running the roval course and getting to pit in the NASCAR garages. Second is their fall enduro. This year it will be an 8 hour race at TWS.

Good news that the license part of it is no longer at issue at least.

Jeff

Al Fernandez
05-12-2008, 11:07 AM
No doubt Jeff, a great step in the right direction. :D