PDA

View Full Version : Agent 47 Regional contingency Program (Cash Payout)

marshall_mosty
05-11-2008, 09:05 AM
The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce that Agent 47 Competition Products will offer a generous $500 in cash rewards at each NASA regional weekend to the fastest American Iron competitor(s) at every NASA regional event in the 2008 season.

The Agent 47 Fastest Lap award program will apply to the AI and AIX classes with 5 or more starters at all NASA regional events. The contingency program will award $250 cash to the driver with the fastest lap time in AI and AIX over the course of each regional weekend event. Only race and qualifying laps will be counted toward this program.

To be eligible for this program, competitors must run 4 Agent 47 stickers (one on each corner of the vehicle) and the Agent 47 SLA front suspension. Stickers for this program are available by contacting Agent 47.

Agent 47 specializes in offering SLA suspension (Fox, SN95 and S197 now available), brake cooling, chassis stiffening, aerodynamics, and other high performance products for Mustangs. For more information on Agent 47 products, please visit http://www.agentfortyseven.com.

Posted on the national AI site... just wanted to pass it along.

donovan
05-11-2008, 12:36 PM
So, who is going to be the first?

:wink:
DD

AI#97
05-11-2008, 04:33 PM

DD

It's has been 5 years and I have yet to see ANY SLA prep'd car outperform the fastest Strut style front...and it may be 5 more! ;)

Certainly haven't seen the "2 seconds a lap" claim from Griggs.... A47 isn't any better....I just think those guys on the left coast just got excited because they are finally getting faster after being so slow for all this time!

donovan
05-12-2008, 07:54 AM

DD

It's has been 5 years and I have yet to see ANY SLA prep'd car outperform the fastest Strut style front...and it may be 5 more! ;)

Certainly haven't seen the "2 seconds a lap" claim from Griggs.... A47 isn't any better....I just think those guys on the left coast just got excited because they are finally getting faster after being so slow for all this time!

Sounds like a challenge... :?

Adam Ginsberg
05-12-2008, 08:45 AM
...A47 isn't any better....I just think those guys on the left coast just got excited because they are finally getting faster after being so slow for all this time!

You should do a little more research, Matt. Ryan Walton destroyed the lap record @ BW a few weeks ago by over a second.

AI#97
05-12-2008, 09:51 AM
You should do a little more research, Matt. Ryan Walton destroyed the lap record @ BW a few weeks ago by over a second.

I have read that thread adam and it was laughed at by MOST of the left coast guys and sounded like it was in Qual and NOT the race...

Given most of West coast cars have just now started getting Aero like us, I am sure records will start falling but the SLA is NOT the reason for it...

I really wish A47 the best of luck because they brought a system to market but I think they just arrived to the scene a little too late. We have figured out how to make the strut front work well enough to the limit of the tires so I don't think folks are going to go drop $3k in a front end only to start sorting their cars all over again when they are already at the front of the pack.

All just my opinion though... :roll:

AI#97
05-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Sounds like a challenge... :?

After this past weekend of testing...it just might be!!! :wink:

Adam Ginsberg
05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I have read that thread adam and it was laughed at by MOST of the left coast guys and sounded like it was in Qual and NOT the race...

I wasn't referring to any thread.

Again, you need to do better research. It was during the Sunday race.

AI#97
05-12-2008, 10:41 AM

I wasn't referring to any thread.

Again, you need to do better research. It was during the Sunday race.

Well, bowman was under the previous lap record too (and another)...if you watched the videos he posted a couple weeks ago...I would think Burch or Wirtz could go out there and cause them grief in a CMC car...There was also a mention of "ideal weather" which we know at Cresson is good for a good dip in times...Lots of factors other than just the SLA...

I am dead serious when I say that if we can get Team Downunder, Donovan and myself to Nationals... the opinion of what is "fast" in AI is going to get turned on it's head! I just don't want to start talking shit like Todd did for us since I still cannot commit to making the event unless I give up the rest of the regional schedule. Anyone want to donate about $3k for me?! :lol:

Rob Liebbe
05-12-2008, 10:57 AM
[ Anyone want to donate about $3k for me?! :

Just make Matt's donation for him to me c/o Rob Liebbe Go To Nationals Foundation. Thanks for your generosity Matt.

:D

donovan
05-12-2008, 11:16 AM
[ Anyone want to donate about $3k for me?! :

Just make Matt's donation for him to me c/o Rob Liebbe Go To Nationals Foundation. Thanks for your generosity Matt.

:D

AWESOME Robs' going to Nationals this year!!!!

WoooHooo!!!

8) DD

cjlmlml
05-12-2008, 11:43 AM
David,

Will you have your SLA by nationals?

donovan
05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I hope to be testing it at Hallett... :twisted:

DD

AI#97
05-12-2008, 01:52 PM
I hope to be testing it at Hallett... :twisted:

DD

You sneaky bastard! :lol: next thing you are going to say is that you will have your SN95 there! :wink:

donovan
05-12-2008, 03:07 PM
The SN-95 is way way out... depending on how things go this winter... I might be able to bring it out for 2009... I think that is wishful thinking, but possible.

The problem with the SN-95 is the current racecar has about 35-40% of the part I need, so when I decided to make the change the current car will be dismantled for parts... not looking forward to that day. :(

Matt, When we talked a few days ago I was going to spill it then but, I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to tell anyone before I came out with it on the car... but really, there is no need for secrets, right!! :wink:

DD

AI#97
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Matt, When we talked a few days ago I was going to spill it then but, I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to tell anyone before I came out with it on the car... but really, there is no need for secrets, right!! :wink:

DD

You have lost your mind! You are going to have to sort SO much stuff on that before Nationals. I just made a minor change and feel I have need 3 or 4 events to finish sorting.... Just looks better for Me and Downunder at this point! ;)

donovan
05-12-2008, 04:48 PM
I now have a track in my backyard to test at... H2R is just 10 minutes away...

Plenty of time to sort this thing out... 8) 8) 8)

RichardP
05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
You are going to have to sort SO much stuff on that before Nationals. I just made a minor change and feel I have need 3 or 4 events to finish sorting.... Just looks better for Me and Downunder at this point! ;)

So, he bought a "system" with manufacturer support that has likely been tested in Dave's exact configuration while you bought a part with no manufacturer support. I'm guessing you don't understand how un-minor your change was. :D

I now have a track in my backyard to test at... H2R is just 10 minutes away... DD

Seems like that would help. Team Downunder tests at Cresson. Where are you testing at before Hallett, Matt??? :D

Should be a fun race weekend...

Richard P.

AI#97
05-12-2008, 07:56 PM
So, he bought a "system" with manufacturer support that has likely been tested in Dave's exact configuration while you bought a part with no manufacturer support. I'm guessing you don't understand how un-minor your change was. :D

Seems like that would help. Team Downunder tests at Cresson. Where are you testing at before Hallett, Matt??? :D

I am giving David a hard time mostly... and David, your official new nickname is "junior"... ;)

As far as testing, had the car at Cresson last weekend... liked the setup, will adjust ride height and wear plates, need more rear shock...sorting nearly complete and get another shot at it prior to Hallet...Two if I go to the Mid America event, but not likely...

donovan
05-12-2008, 08:28 PM
:wink: Junior it is... :lol:

http://www.agentfortyseven.com/racing/suspension7_lg.gif

fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfddsOd3jgE

mitchntx
05-12-2008, 08:43 PM
I have a cat ...

AI#97
05-12-2008, 09:08 PM
:wink: Junior it is... :lol:

http://www.agentfortyseven.com/racing/suspension7_lg.gif

fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfddsOd3jgE

Well, it looks like it cures the camber curve but just don't know about the roll center effect if any given the weight of the car is still carried so high... eh, too many "thingies" to adjust on for me! I will stick with my simple ham and eggs stuff for now and let you have your fastest laps...as long as they done while chasing me! :lol:

Al Fernandez
05-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Yeah man...AI is getting more and more interesting every day!

AI#97
05-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Yeah man...AI is getting more and more ridiculously expensive every day!

fixed...

donovan
05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
but your MAC-Strut is better... :twisted:

AI#97
05-13-2008, 12:03 PM
but your MAC-Strut is better... :twisted:

BMW has been running it for years....just have to configure it right! ;)

donovan
05-13-2008, 01:19 PM
you would be better off playing with the S197 than yours...

BlueFirePony
05-13-2008, 07:20 PM
you would be better off playing with the S197 than yours...

Oh yeah!.....LOTS to sort out on an S197....my head hurts...but I'll be ready in October :)

AI#97
06-12-2008, 11:06 AM
So Junior...did the kit arrive yet? last weekend to wrench!!! :wink: