PDA

View Full Version : Fox Headlight Covers

RichardP
05-04-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm looking to borrow a pair of headlight covers for a Fox Mustang. I need them to use as a mold for some fiberglass covers. I just need them for a little while and will return them unaltered and undamaged.

If someone would rather sell a pair (even in poor condition), that would be OK too.

Thanks,
Richard Pedersen
#91 LX 5.0

Tex89
05-15-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.speedyperformanceparts.com/gt-styling_fo_mustang_headlight-cover_z.html

Todd Covini
05-17-2006, 09:43 PM
I have a couple sets new-in-box.
Not sure if it's an Auto-Zone pricing error, but when I looked to buy some for the NPR event and they were $19.99...I bought 3 sets.

Try Auto-Zone first....if not I'll bring a box down for ya' at my cost...$20.

-=- T

David Love AI27
05-17-2006, 11:01 PM
I have a couple sets new-in-box.
Not sure if it's an Auto-Zone pricing error, but when I looked to buy some for the NPR event and they were $19.99...I bought 3 sets.

Try Auto-Zone first....if not I'll bring a box down for ya' at my cost...$20.

-=- T

I may be interested in a set, bring em...

Mike Bell
11-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Todd,

Any chance you still got a set of these you'd want to sell?

mitchntx
11-21-2006, 07:44 PM
I'll take a set.

I can then remove my restrictor plate ... :P

Mike Bell
11-22-2006, 07:42 AM
After I get my hood gutted Mitch I'm gonna really enjoy whuppin up on your old tired Pontiac, lol.

:lol:

Todd Covini
11-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Nope. No more headlight covers.

James Griffith III used up one set as he went by toward the National Championship. :evil:

Morgan Dawdy used up the last set as I (very) sloppily went by him...grazing mirrors, tires and headlight covers. :oops:

-=- T

PS- AutoZone....$19.99 with the right part #. Just ask the person behind the counter to show you all the available headlight covers for your car. There's only 1 model (GTS) in their system going for $19. It's been a year since I last stocked up...hope it's still available.

Mike Bell
11-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Gotcha, I'll check down at the local Autozone. Sorry to hear you're going through them so quickly! :shock:

Todd Covini
11-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Yeah...me too.
They last a lot longer when you have the headlights in behind them!
Without the headlights, they're essentially eggshells. The smallest rock, rub, or wind gust will crack them!

(Maybe it's time to reinstall those 3 lb headlights.) :roll:

-=- T

RichardP
11-22-2006, 11:14 AM
I used the covers as a mold for fiberglass ones. A couple layers of fiberglass is plenty to keep their shape but they are still flexible and don't care about rocks.

I've got a roll of kevlar around if you want to make a pair that will be fine even if they get run over a few times when you knock one off...

Richard P.

jeffburch
11-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Have Boudy commision Gene (bro-in-law) to make some.
I have him doing some brake ducts outta CF for me.
Get a cover to him, PRESTO!
jb