PDA

View Full Version : Freaky Hallett Race Weekend Facts!

GlennCMC70
06-25-2008, 09:50 PM
did you all know that all the CMC drivers who raced in R3 happened to turn their fast lap of the weekend durring that race! the only exception was Jay Jordan who did it in R4.
track record was set in R3 by James Proctor.
of the 9 drivers who finished R3, fast lap was 1:29.014 (track record) and slow lap was 1:32.916.

Hallett now holds the highest number of CMC cars for a single event in 2008. 13 cars were entered in this event.
same for AI w/ a major increase to 11 cars!

we also had out largest AI/CMC field this year w/ 28 cars.

wow...... just wow. looks like i need to do that write-up after all.
anyone wanna help?

GlennCMC70
06-25-2008, 09:56 PM
we also have 43 points collecting drivers thus far this year. thats the 2nd highest number in Texas AI/CMC history. we have 5 more inbound CMC drivers, including Todd Who.

ShadowBolt
06-25-2008, 09:57 PM
I drove CMC17 in R2 and R3. Jay drove R1 and R4 so he could not have had his fastest lap in R3 even though the conditions may have been prime. With the pressure Jay had on him in R4 no doubt it would have been his fastest.

JJ

GlennCMC70
06-25-2008, 10:00 PM
well Jerry - you turned your fastest lap in R3. nice.

jeffburch
06-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Conditions were better on Sat.
Dunno why.
jb

NASA13
07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Conditions were better on Sat.
Dunno why.
jb

I think it was because Glenn was dragging debris on the track most of the weekend. :D

He did drag some lawyer "dude" off the track though...that was good!

AllZWay
07-15-2008, 08:56 AM

Speaking of that.... What was Nasa's final punishment? I still haven't gotten official word that I am allowed to post my video.

GlennCMC70
07-15-2008, 09:15 AM

Speaking of that.... What was Nasa's final punishment? I still haven't gotten official word that I am allowed to post my video.

well crap, Clifton called me and said he was calling you when he hung up w/ me. this was a few weeks ago.

i say post it. he should have been notified of his punishment a couple weeks ago.
the delay could be an apeal w/ NASA National, but from what i've seen, those guys were already on board w/ his punishment.

the jist is, he got 6 months comp lic revocation. durring the next 6 months, he must be a corner worker at every event. if he misses a single event durring that time, its a one year revocation.
my bet is, he will take the one year and run.

AllZWay
07-15-2008, 09:39 AM

well crap, Clifton called me and said he was calling you when he hung up w/ me. this was a few weeks ago.

Clifton did call me...but he said to hold off until Scranton received his letter from Nasa.

AI#97
07-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Clifton did call me...but he said to hold off until Scranton received his letter from Nasa.

Ah, post it....I want to see what a chicken looks like running around in a red/white fire suit...oh wait...I already did!!! :lol:

cobra132
07-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Post it man, I need closure. FMR

Waco Racer
07-15-2008, 11:15 AM
I just got off of the phone with Jerry. You are all free to post up your vids. The punishment has been handed out and Scranton was OK with it. Actually, he was a worker at their event this past weekend.

michaelmosty
07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Corey, you need to post your video!! :shock:

GlennCMC70
07-15-2008, 11:37 AM

i'm not in this one am i?

jeffburch
07-15-2008, 12:43 PM

What about you Bra? :roll:

jb

AllZWay
07-15-2008, 12:46 PM
This is the video of the Actual Contact that created all the crazyness.

Look close to see the actual contact.

Right click and save as:

http://www.sulphurrivertrails.com/videos/Hallett2008_R3_lap1.wmv

michaelmosty
07-15-2008, 02:50 PM
With my limited computer knowledge hopefully this will work. Right click save as.

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/Mosty/Hallett%202008.wmv

michaelmosty
07-15-2008, 02:54 PM

i'm not in this one am i?
Not to my knowlege, he has one where he misses hitting Scranton by about a foot! The person, not his car!!!

GlennCMC70
07-15-2008, 04:02 PM
oh. he told me he had me on tape getting in Scranton's and Raybob's ass at impound. i hope he doesnt. you guys think Sundays class meeting was ugly, impound w/ those two was just a little silly.

chris-CMC#35
07-15-2008, 04:04 PM
James -

Was there actually some contact there in the Bitch?

-chris

GlennCMC70
07-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Chris - no there wasnt. it was only at the exit of 6 where Scranton dropped the right rear. you see Raybob do his best to aviod Scranton when Scranton jumped over to the left to get back on track. Raybob likely didnt know Scranton had dropped a wheel. i still wouldnt have been that close to a Rookie though.

AllZWay
07-15-2008, 04:13 PM
James -

Was there actually some contact there in the Bitch?

-chris

No...there was actually space between the two, but I think Scranton had a flat tire and that caused him to lose control.

michaelmosty
07-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Off subject but Prof. Burch laid the smack down on Scranton off the line! :shock:

AI#97
07-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Off subject but Prof. Burch laid the smack down on Scranton off the line! :shock:

He wasn't the only one! ;)

However, it was INSTANT Manties! We need to have someone in RM make sure there is a pair affixed to Mr. Scranton's car when it comes back! :lol:

jeffburch
07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Gunter got a 4 pack that sat nite.
Blue, green, orange and red.
I have the leftovers in one of my bins.
I could send the red ones to Chris.
Oh, and the blue ones for the blue/white chicken.
:twisted:

jb

mitchntx
07-15-2008, 06:41 PM
With my limited computer knowledge hopefully this will work. Right click save as.

Liked the commentary and flashback episode ... 8)

Your car sounds great! Nothing beats the sound of a small block Ford.

raybob9289
07-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Fella's,
Mr. Scrantons Behavior was beyond unacceptable. Most of you Texicans have raced with me and the rest of the RMR dudes and should feel confident that we would never PUNT on purpose. I beleive Mr. Scranton deserves this punishment because of his insistance that I hit him on purpose. When I tried to appologize he got even more hostile. I got bumped in T1 at Hallet last year by a BP Stingray he sent me into the tire wall. The driver imediatly after the race came to appologize. (the right F*ckin thing to do) I accepted his apology because I know he did not mean to hit me. I want the record to be clear. I did everything I could do to make a clean pass on dude and he simply popped a chip!!!!!!

Dudes, lets move on now!!!

GlennCMC70
07-15-2008, 07:25 PM
i've gotten a couple emails and PM over how i recalled the contact.
i hadnt watched the vid since Hallett so i was incorrect in the way i was recalling it.
either way - Raybob was in the wrong whether it happened - the way i recalled it, or the way it accually happened. Raybob knew this and at impound tried to let Scranton know this.
in Scrantons defence, he thought his spin in the bitch was due to contact w/ Raybob, and that was what he was so bent out of shape over. he didnt realize it was due to a flat caused by the prior contact coming out of 6.
i'm not sure what RS's current opinion is of the incident now that he's likely seen the vid and had time to cool off.
the best thing to do is let him do his time and see if he learns from this. once he returns, treat him as if he's done the time. its not a trend untill it happens more than once. i'm sure if we have a repeat, he will be gone for good.

Wirtz
07-15-2008, 07:27 PM

Wow! You must have good movie making skillz cuz you made it look like I was off screwing around in in the grass at The Bitch in R3 :shock:

Who was the chick in your car screaming at the end of R2? ;) Nice job!

Jeff

Alien
07-15-2008, 08:27 PM

Jeff
Must have been his trophy screaming :)

from the previous who's coming to Hallet thread...

Just myself and my first place Sat. trophy. :D

Just me and I'll be hitting on Michaels trophy when he isn't looking.

Jeff

BryanL
07-15-2008, 09:40 PM
[quote="raybob9289"] he simply popped a chip!!!!!!

quote]

I need you to do some more 'splaining' as I don't understand that line. Look forward to Hallett next year and learning more of your sayings.

michaelmosty
07-15-2008, 10:57 PM

Jeff
Must have been his trophy screaming :)

from the previous who's coming to Hallet thread...

Just myself and my first place Sat. trophy. :D

Just me and I'll be hitting on Michaels trophy when he isn't looking.

Jeff
That Sat. of racing was the most fun I have had to date. I totally screwed up in qual. w/ my weight and had to start from the back. I talked to JB before the the race and got some good advice, "drive the sh!t out of it". :D

michaelmosty
07-15-2008, 11:00 PM

Liked the commentary and flashback episode ... 8)

Your car sounds great! Nothing beats the sound of a small block Ford.
Getting through T1 w/ Jay and Proctor in front of me the EV, WM, CR incident was the first thing that popped into my mind.

A few laps later when I got the run on Jay the "no brakes" incident came to mind. It was nice to hit the brakes and have a pedal to stop me!! :lol:

michaelmosty
07-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Now that I am figuring out this computer stuff, here is some footage from MSRH in Feb. 08. I hope to get the rear-mount camera going again for TWS!!

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/Mosty/MSR-H,%202008%20edited.wmv

I promised Wirtz I would get this up, better late than never. :oops: