PDA

View Full Version : AI #67 R4 diagnosis..... drum roll please....

marshall_mosty
05-05-2006, 11:11 PM
....Bad fuel pump.... AGAIN!!!!!

I replaced it with yet another new unit. The car should fire tomorrow morning and "maybe" make a parade lap around the block.

So to summarize:

1. November 2005 MSR-C: At track replaced 1 fuel pump due to missing filter sock and bad filler neck/tank gasket. Missed 2 races.

2. Feb. 2006 MSR-H: At track replaced 1 fuel pump due to missing filter sock due tosump in tank that had broken loose. Missed R1 and car died in R4 last lap.

3. March 2006 MSR-C: Prior to race replaced fuel pump, filter sock, tank, and wiring. Pump died during R4...

4. May 5, 2006... Replaced pump with new unit. Crossing fingers for a good showing in H-town in two weeks.

Tally for Mosty Brothers' Racing #67
--- 4 fuel pumps
--- 5 filter socks
--- 1 tank
--- multiple sets of O-ring gaskets
--- 1 filler neck/tank gasket

I'm so glad for lifetime warranty.....

AI#97
05-06-2006, 08:12 AM
I think it is time to look upstream and see if there is a pinched line or something burning them up (fuel filter in backwards?). If that isn't it, you need to consider getting a new walbro pump or something more in tune with racing duty than the autozone specials....

Good luck and I hope you kill the gremlin soon so you can enjoy racing again!

jeffburch
05-06-2006, 04:15 PM
I think it is time to look upstream and see if there is a pinched line or something burning them up (fuel filter in backwards?). If that isn't it, you need to consider getting a new walbro pump or something more in tune with racing duty than the autozone specials....

Good luck and I hope you kill the gremlin soon so you can enjoy racing again!

Yeah, agreed.
You aint found the problem yet.
Walbro 225gph plus inspection of all other parts.

jb

gt40
05-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Check power to the pump & ground too. Dirty power may be a factor, too.

Mike Bell
05-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey Marshall,

Looks like you whupped this gremlin, good job! Nice to move onto a bigger more expensive problem, huh? ;)

marshall_mosty
05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Like a new front suspension!