PDA

View Full Version : ECR Track Days

jeffburch
07-11-2008, 06:21 AM
cut/paste from email.
jb
===============================================
Eagles CAnYON TRACK DAYS

After considerable thought and market analysis it has become apparent that there is a specific demand for individual tracking days for both bikes and cars. There are many of you who may be able to buy membership but just don't have the time or travel so much that you would not be able to receive the value that full membership offers. It is for this reason that we at ECR want to offer individual track days so those of you who want to drive at will can take advantage of this opportunity. Membership is obviously more reasonable but only if it is made use of.

In addition there are also a segment of people who believe for whatever reason that running on a race track is outside their ability and that they somehow would not be good enough. I am here to tell you that some of the slowest drivers and riders who through the years I have witnessed at the start of their instruction have turned out to be some of the quickest and best examples of how to really drive a car to its limits and also demonstrate the art and skill of true road racing ability. There are many insurance companies taking a harder look at those drivers who have demonstrated their abilities to master the art of defensive driving. On a personal level I believe there are many of you who will be far more critical of peoples' driving habits on the highway after only a few instructional days at ECR.

Road racing, tracking, riding and driving, is not just about being the fastest. Riding and driving on a race track is a skill that with time becomes an art that is appreciated by many who see just what it takes to make a car or bike waltz through a corner with precision, timing and execution. Road racing is a sport that we continue to work at self-improvement and there are many instructors' fellow drivers and riders who all enjoy every second of the experience.

So it is for these reasons that Eagles Canyon Raceway announces Eagles Canyon Track Days. These one-day performance-driving events will provide the opportunity for enthusiast of all types to enjoy the handling of their cars and bikes to learn the basics of high performance riding and driving. The events will be conducted on the exciting 2.5 mile Eagles Canyon Raceway near Slidell Texas. The first event is scheduled for July 26, 2008 for cars and on the 27th for bikes. We plan to do this once a month alternating the Saturday and the Sunday for the bikes and the cars. We will start on track at 7:00 am to beat the Summer heat. Cost for the event is as follows.

Beginners - $195
Intermediate - $185
Advanced - $175

ECR members are welcome at their membership rates.
Instructors will be provided.
Participants will be divided into groups based on their experience with classifications for beginner, intermediate and advanced riders and drivers. New drivers and riders will be given classroom instruction just before going on the track. New drivers must have a qualified instructor on board at all times when on the track until they are checked out for solo driving. New riders will be instructed by lead follow sessions. Solo normally does not occur at your first event. Passing will be allowed only on the straight portions of the track and only after a signal by the car being passed that it is safe to do so. Instructors are experienced and trained to make your experience a safe and rewarding one.
Your car or bike will need to be in sound condition. You will need to get a certified technician to look at a few items that are basic to the safe operation of the vehicle. A form for ensuring that the needed items are covered will soon be available for download on the Eagles Canyon web site. www.eaglescanyon.com
You will need a Snell 2000 or 2005 rated M or SA helmet in good condition, a valid drivers license, long pants, a cotton shirt, and closed toed shoes. Riders will need certified helmets and the necessary leather suits. You will also need to be prepared to be addicted. High performance driving and riding is a blast.
The number of drivers/riders will be limited so call Eagles Canyon today at 940-466-9775 or send an e-mail to registration @ eaglescanyon,com to reserve your spot in the event.
Brian Henderson will be the Event Chair and Chief Instructor for the cars and Travis Marshall will be the Event Chair with Ty Howard as Chief Instructor for the bikes.
Linda and I look forward to an exciting future in helping you to enjoy the facilities at ECR.

Sincerely,
David Cook

BSharp
07-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Realllly, who would have guessed a private track offer track days to the public? Not enough people spending the big $$$ for memberships. :roll:
I may have to go.

Al Fernandez
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Very cool actually!

AI#97
07-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah but who are the instructors?! Might have to see if I can get on their list!

GlennCMC70
07-11-2008, 10:20 AM
be sure and tell them who you are.

ring ring... ECR, how can i help you?
hey asshole, its MFW.
oh! yes sir, please come on down. we have been told so much about you. no need to name your fee, we will give you a blank check.

GlennCMC70
07-11-2008, 10:23 AM
oh, forgot to post on the topic.
those are much better than MSR-H's daily costs.

jeffburch
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Maybe WacoRacer or someone can cook us up a track day with a discounted rate on the Fri prior to our event in Oct.

jb

Waco Racer
07-11-2008, 11:03 AM
JB, that was part of the original agreement when I booked the date. Most of my calls with the Manager have been on his cell phone. It makes me wonder if he is writing down items from our conversations. Typically we need 20 cars to book a Friday test day. At this new track it shouldn't be an issue. I'll make some calls today, but only because you are a National Champion and drive and obsolete car (jk! don't hate me Al).

AI#97
07-11-2008, 12:53 PM
oh, forgot to post on the topic.
those are much better than MSR-H's daily costs.

Actually, they are identical to Apex's "track days" for newbs... and yes, I contacted them with a little more tact than that! ;)

cjlmlml
07-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Glenn, that was glorious.

MFW, tell them CFL wants to be on the list also if there is room for other instructors besides yourself.

Glenn=Funny

Alien
07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Someone really needs to make some bracelets that say WWMFWD?

AI#97
07-11-2008, 02:30 PM

I was SERIOUSLY thinking of some that said "MFW for President"...some bumperstickers too! Feel free to put me on your write in vote in November of 2012!!!

I will see what I can do CFL!!!

michaelmosty
07-16-2008, 02:42 PM
JB, that was part of the original agreement when I booked the date. Most of my calls with the Manager have been on his cell phone. It makes me wonder if he is writing down items from our conversations. Typically we need 20 cars to book a Friday test day. At this new track it shouldn't be an issue. I'll make some calls today, but only because you are a National Champion and drive and obsolete car (jk! don't hate me Al).
Any update Clifton?

AllZWay
07-16-2008, 04:27 PM

I was SERIOUSLY thinking of some that said "MFW for President"...some bumperstickers too! Feel free to put me on your write in vote in November of 2012!!!

I will see what I can do CFL!!!

You would have to be better than our current choices. :lol:

ShadowBolt
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM

Consider it done.

JJ

AI#97
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM

Ain't that the sad truth?! Imagine if I WON!!! :lol:

David Love AI27
07-16-2008, 07:14 PM

Ain't that the sad truth?! Imagine if I WON!!! :lol:

First thought: OH SHIT!!!!