PDA

View Full Version : AIX at TWS!

ledfoot2
07-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey guys. The Trans Am is just about ready. We don't have a certified Dyno here in Corpus so I figure I will be running it in AIX at the TWS race. I don't have an annual tech on the car, obviously, so can I get it teched on Friday before the event?
Thanks
Rayman

GlennCMC70
07-14-2008, 05:55 PM
NASA normally makes one of the Tech folks available on Friday. also check w/ Al and Todd to see if they can issue new logbooks.

ledfoot2
07-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks Glenn. Do you guys have any pictures of window net installs that you particularly liked? I am working on mine right now.
rayman@openarmsagency.org

GlennCMC70
07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
i like the spring loaded upper rod set-up.
the lower rear is normally attached to the main hoop.
the lower front to the lower door bar. use light chain and a turnbuckle to allow the front to drop down.

BryanL
07-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Mitch should have some input but I think it may be Alan Blaine on Frrax that has a pretty good setup that helps the net fall where it is suppossed to and not interfere with the door.

michaelmosty
07-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Please post up net suggestions. The only "quick" exit I have done was Hallett in 2006 and I lost about 2 seconds b/c my net fell b/w my door and interior rail and got hung up.

Any suggestions on a quicker exit is greatly appreciated!!

mitchntx
07-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Not my design, but it looks like it would work really well.

http://www.skyhighway.com/~bfpix4/IMG_1706.JPG

See the bungs welded to the vertical tubes of the door bars?

And everything finished

http://www.skyhighway.com/~bfpix4/IMG_1767.JPG

Words from the fabricator, Alan Blaine ...

I have settled on the spring loaded bar on top - I like the compactness of the tabs and that they can be on the outside of the cage, not pointing at the drivers head. I like the big square net 'cause it can be dropped completely out of the way, and doesn't interfere with padding on the top door bar.

It's a Southwest Speed piece - Coleman or IOPort (or Blainefab, I stock them) carries them. I toss the 1/8" x3/4" aluminum bottom bar into the stock pile and replace it with 3/16" x 1" 6061. It gets attached at both ends, and at mid span.