PDA

View Full Version : TWS Post Race Report!

GlennCMC70
08-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Holy Cow!
that is all for now.

ShadowBolt
08-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Can we do two races in August next year?

JJ

AI#97
08-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Well, it was a 107 here today...what were the track temps there in Hell, I mean college "humidity" station?! LOL!!!

I did atleast work on the race car a little today till it got to 102 then I stopped!

michaelmosty
08-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Some of the hottest, closest, and most intense racing to date!!

Todd Covini
08-03-2008, 10:18 PM
AI lap record fell...not sure if the CMC record fell, despite both of them getting crushed in the prac/qual sessions.

BryanL
08-03-2008, 11:21 PM
What a great weekend. Sooooo glad I was able to make it. As usual I had a great time with everyone. I especially enjoy the garage setup and the camaraderie. I will miss the tacos tomorrow morning.
Definitely my most enjoyable weekend on the track and probably more scary than my flight with Covini. I have to say it is great that the guy you are chasing will still give you pointers to learn what to do help the car on track. Thanks to Mitch for the tire pressure recommendations. Mosty-thanks for the tips from your video and then pulling me to my best lap.
All of the racing video I saw was just awesome-some of the camera angles were really cool with the new camera setup. I definitely need to put that on my list-right behind a COOL SUIT.

mitchntx
08-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Bryan has definitely pulled the trigger harder the last few races. At Hallett he was a handful and at TWs he was absolutely obnoxious.

Kudos, Bryan for stepping up the last few races.

IN race 1 he stomped me on the start and got a good lead. I was working HARD just to maintain. He had this one in the bag. It was unfortunate that he got a little over aggressive on the throttle and looped it. We talked for a bit afterwards and I suggested a tire pressure adjustment to tighten the car up a bit, especially towards the end of the race when the fule load is low and the tires are fried. It appernatly worked. :roll: I gotta stop being a nice guy. I need to be more director-like ....

Speaking of that ... During one of Bryan and my close sessions, we found ourselves behind Al. There is video this weekend of the 5 car being 3 cars wide! And nothing had changed when Bryan and I came upon him.

He bobbled just a tick going into carousel and I was able to get next to him. And we raced like that all the way to turn 8! All the while, Bryan was weaving back and forth like on a warm up lap, trying to figure out who was gonna wind up agricultural and who wasn't.

After blistering tires and scorching brakes I get past him ... and he gives Bryan a point by. What's up with that? :x

It was extremely close, side by side racing with zero contact. Great driving there Al.

The only other close calls I had were with the 17 car.

First of all ... Jay ... DAMN! You had the car in at full stride. In race 4, you were coming like a freight train! I had flashbacks! Great driving there good buddy.

Jerry went agricultural and the car looped back onto the track just beyond T6. Sharp reactions by Mr. Liebbe kept that from being a disaster. Had he turned to the right to miss you, he would have gathered me and Al and Bryan. Instead, he locked up and maintained his line. Great driving instincts there Rob.

The other close one was in R4 when Jay came barrelling down the straight from T7 to T6. Glenn had gotten into the marbles and lost a little momentum getting back on line. Jay was able to get in there, but I was too far away, dealing with exiting T5, to see any real detail. All I saw was a wall of blue smoke and thick dust.

I had no idea where the 17 car was in that mixture.

I finally saw a flash of blue, hoped it wasn't sky, and turned hard left. "I made it, Harry. I'm dropping the hammer."

Thanks to Al and Glenn for listening to my concerns about how we all grid and altering the grid to allow Bryan and I to grid up front for the invert. While I really didn't think it appropriate or fair to alter the final grid without having done so for the race, it didn't seem to matter too much.

And I'll voice my concerns here ...

To date, with split fields, Steve, Bryan and I are basically racing each other. Having been in CMC, I've raced in packs and have that experience. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I do have some valuable experience racing nose to tail, 2 and 3 wide in very tight sections of track. Steve and Bryan haven't.

And in 2010, when we become one happy family again, with the lap times Steve and Bryan are turning, they will grid in the middle of all that and with very little experience. With increased HP levels, we'll probably all be back markers. And then the inverts will be a melee.

So, I've lobbied to intermingle CMC and CMC2, gridding according to qual times.

The risk is out of class racing. And it might cause some concern. But as experience grows and situational awarenss increases, I don't think it will be that big of a deal.

The benefits are very high and the risk is moderate.

ledfoot2
08-04-2008, 08:04 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome I got. I chatted with most of you through email over the last couple months, but it was nice to put faces with names....I'm sure I will forget names, so I opologize in advance.

Thanks to everyone for the tips on sorting out the Trans Am. I broke a power steering hose, so i missed R3 and R4.

I won't make Eagle's Canyon, but the car should be full-force by round 1 of '09.

I'll let you AI guys off for a little longer. Oh, I guess I would have to say that about everyone, because everyone beat me this weekend.

thanks again

Rayman

donovan
08-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Race Results?

AllZWay
08-04-2008, 08:16 AM
The racing was very intense and close....but not my best driving for sure.

My apologies to both Al and Jerry. My first real contact in two years of racing that was my fault with Al happened in race 4.... :( I wasn't really sure what had happened until Glenn showed us his video....then it was pretty obvious that it was my fault. :oops:

No contact with Jerry...but a bad handling car did give Jerry no room but the dirt to avoid contact. :oops:

Overall...with the heat and my bad driving... I would like to forget TWS. :x

mitchntx
08-04-2008, 08:43 AM
The other close one was in R4 when Jay came barrelling down the straight from T7 to T6. Glenn had gotten into the marbles and lost a little momentum getting back on line. Jay was able to get in there, but I was too far away, dealing with exiting T5, to see any real detail. All I saw was a wall of blue smoke and thick dust.

I had no idea where the 17 car was in that mixture.

I finally saw a flash of blue, hoped it wasn't sky, and turned hard left. "I made it, Harry. I'm dropping the hammer."

Right click/Save As

http://www.lawmotorsports.net/vids/TWS/Aug08/70and17.wmv

mitchntx
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Bryan has definitely pulled the trigger harder the last few races. At Hallett he was a handful and at TWs he was absolutely obnoxious.

Kudos, Bryan for stepping up the last few races.

IN race 1 he stomped me on the start and got a good lead. I was working HARD just to maintain. He had this one in the bag. It was unfortunate that he got a little over aggressive on the throttle and looped it. We talked for a bit afterwards and I suggested a tire pressure adjustment to tighten the car up a bit, especially towards the end of the race when the fule load is low and the tires are fried. It appernatly worked. :roll: I gotta stop being a nice guy. I need to be more director-like ....

Right Click/Save as ...
http://www.lawmotorsports.net/vids/TWS/Aug08/24spin.wmv

rpoz27
08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Holy Cow!

I second that sentiment. Y'all had some great racing out there on Saturday. I missed getting to watch R3 because of contact in Group 7 that I had to deal with. But R4 was ...interesting. I was watching Bryan go through the chicanes when he went off. I said "Oh, shit!", and grabbed my radio, ready to call an alert. Thankfully, it wasn't necessary. Bryan, that was the biggest shower of dirt I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I saw your wheels leave the ground on the driver's side. Really glad that luck was on your side. BTW, you were the second car on Sunday to try that path to the oval.

L'il Miss Gabby Wirtz is a great helper in grid. Don't know if you guys noticed her in the back of the truck giving time to go and waving you through. She's so proud of her Daddy and such a sweetie!

michaelmosty
08-04-2008, 09:19 AM
The racing was very intense and close....but not my best driving for sure.

I would say the same thing.
A great weekend hanging out, swapping cars and strategies, and SUPER-close racing!!! If you thought you had a good qual. lap then you were at the back, everyone was so darn fast. All the starts were so close going down into T1 (3-wide) with no contact at all.

I'll post more detail later after I watch my videos and remember everything. I did have another transmission problem with the shifter getting stuck in 5th gear (I installed a new 5th/reverse rail that was supposed to fix the problem). It happened on a downshift from 5th to 4th coming off the straight at the beginning of the 4th lap. I finished the race running lap 4-7 in 5th gear alone. I did get a smile when I saw the times and I think I ran a 2.05.1 in just 5th gear.

Big congrats to everyone that was there, it was a blast as always. :D

jeffburch
08-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I DO have BL's slapper on video.
Maybe late tonight/tomorrow.
It kinda scared me.
I slowed way up to gawk.
Figgered I'd head over his way to assist if it turned for the worse.
Very happy it didn't. Weeew!
jb

Wirtz
08-04-2008, 09:30 AM
I also echo the comments made here. What a great weekend. Had a blast with everyone in the garage. And the racing was the hardest, most intense I have done to date. Thank you to all the the drivers. What a blast.

Looks like my camera hickuped for both of Sundays races :x That is a real bummer as there was some great action. I do have some good stuff from Saturday but will need a few days to work on edits and conversions.

A special thanks to all in the garage and on the grid (and especially to Rob and Bryan for offering up their AC) for being so nice to my pit crew. They had a great time.

I can't wait to see some more videos.

Jeff

AI#97
08-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Race Results?

I will have to do the math but I think team downunder sealed the regional AI championship. They might have to run one race at ECR...if the event still happens... Congrats!

Wirtz
08-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Thought this is a good picture. Liz and Madison (and Piglet) are reviewing the setup notes from R3. Gabrielle is studying Engineer to Win (pop-up version). Watch out CMC 2020!

http://www.rcubedmotorsports.no-ip.com/webpost/studytime.jpg

Al Fernandez
08-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah the weather was way too hot...but it was worth it! What fantastic racing!!! The gap is closing in a hurry: Bryan, Jerry, Jay, Gary...you guys all posted some great times. Up front it was absolutely insanely close. I went three or four turns in a row more times than I can remember.

Mitch, I had to wave Bryan by, I didnt want to mess up a class race :lol:

James, you cant forget this weekend, the racing was just too good. You and I went side by side through 7 and didnt lose enough speed for Glenn to pass me on 6...either that or he was freaked out we even tried it and lifted himself to avoid the melee! :lol: If it wasnt for that little bobble you had we would've been totally clean.

AllZWay
08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Thought this is a good picture. Liz and Madison (and Piglet) are reviewing the setup notes from R3. Gabrielle is studying Engineer to Win (pop-up version). Watch out CMC 2020!

http://www.rcubedmotorsports.no-ip.com/webpost/studytime.jpg

Great picture...

ShadowBolt
08-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Great picture...

Yeah and BL's running lights are on. What's up with that?

JJ

GlennCMC70
08-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Al - watch my vid (later). i ended up in the grass on the right trying to avoid you two.

Rob Liebbe
08-04-2008, 03:42 PM
I had a mix of good running, bad running, offs, misques, good finishes, bad finishes, learned where I had been holding back, great views of racing in front of and directly behind me, overheating, body work, near crashes, no sleep, and too hot of temperatures when my cool suit just wouldn't function properly. My rebuild on the transmission seemed to finally work out and I'm very happy with it, but now the engine is worrying me. I will get videos out sometime soon.

I would like to thank Jerry, Michael and Glenn for letting me drive their cars on Friday. It is very interesting how different each of these cars drive. Michael is certainly wringing his car out for all its worth to go as fast as he does. My car gets the piss beat out of it as well to try to keep up. Jerry's car and Glenn's car are like driving Corvettes compared to the other two. They are easy to drive fast. Michael and I are making the proper adjustments, watch out. 8)

Liebbe's Lost and Found

Sleeping Bag and Pillow - found in motorhome - believed to belong to Al Fernandez

Two Baseball Caps - found in motorhome - believed to belong to the Wirtz family

Blue Paint Smudge - found on rear bumper of my race car - believed to belong to Jeff Wirtz

Items will be returned or repaid in a timely manner. :)

ShadowBolt
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Even though I HATE hot weather I really enjoyed myself this weekend. After driving like a fool Fri. and Sat. (and getting ribbed good by the other JJ for a best lap of 203.$hit) I turned it around on Sunday in qual and ran a sub two minute lap. I got a great start passing JP but MM was on my rear. He was on his game though and when I closed the door in the second turn he broke hard to avoid contact. I then followed someone with two off on the inside of eight (and I had not had two off there all weekend) and got loose enough to let James get a run on me out of seven. We went into six side by side with me on the outside. James and I both tried to wait to the last minute to brake and I thought I would stay on his outside and make it hard for him to get by me. James turned the wheel all the way around and still used every inch of track putting me into he dirt. I tried to hold it to the floor but then the car bolted for the track. I put both feet in and after the dirt finally settled I saw the big number one headed for my passenger door. Rob made a great move and no one hit me. I've gone over this five thousands times and I don't know what I should have done different except maybe let James go and try to hang on to his rear. I don't know the answer but I'm tired of being a farmer at every event and I need to learn how to race. You all know better than I that DE'ers all think they are racers.......what a crock! I have so very much to learn.

In R4 Jay got to start close to the front (because of my farming duties) and he made me a very proud daddy! He had fourth all to himself when he saw Glenn go do a little farming of his own and Jay quickly caught him in turn four. Jay stuck his nose in and according to Clifton did not have position. I'm just glad both cars are sorta okay. Jay will be posting videos so you can all see later.

How do you get tire rubber off your car paint?

Like most of you, time at the track for me is the best of times.

JJ

AI#97
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
You all know better than I that DE'ers all think they are racers.......what a crock! I have so very much to learn.

JJ

I certainly wouldn't say that Jerry...but then again, I was more of an AutoX'r that did DE's to meet comp requirements to fasttrack to racer...

Nuttin' wrong with a fast DE'r at all!!! Also from the sound of it, Wayne and JG tuning on the old hooptie seems to have paid off!!! :wink:

Al Fernandez
08-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Jerry...all part of the learning process we all go through. In that turn complex, an over-under move might have had a better chance. I use bug cleaner to get tire marks off...but any solvent that isnt strong enough to melt the paint will work.

Rob...yep, that sleeping bag and pillow are mine. Many thanks for the place to crash and the fabulous lunch Sunday!

mitchntx
08-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Mike Patterson once told me ...

When racing, it's important to realize when you are out of options. At that point it's about minimizing the damage.

BryanL
08-04-2008, 04:26 PM
JB brings up an interesting point that may have been covered in the past but I am still curious. At what point does one pull off the track to help a driver involved in a wreck/fire? I am thinking it could be a judgement call but I know there are issues with putting yourself in danger so I am curious to hear more input. I do appreciate the thought that the race leader would pull off to assist.
I am certainly glad it stayed right side up as I wasn't so sure it was going too. I'm glad Mitch was running like a scalded dog and was far enough ahead of me that I didn't t-bone him.
Mitch-I appreciate the compliments but more importantly the help and friendship. Everyone in the group has really helped catch up.
Wirtz-great pic of the pit crew-I also enjoyed Gabby up in the truck to send us out-nice wins as well.
JJ-I'm with you that every weekend is such a learning experience. There are so many situational experiences to learn from. I am learning just how hard everyone pushes their cars during every split second. It makes a big difference not coasting a little here or there, getting on the gas earlier, etc. I still smile when I think of sunday's qualifying when I put two off and look in my rearview to see where you are and if I can come on track safely only to see you farming right behind me.

GlennCMC70
08-04-2008, 04:44 PM
well guys, i had an awesome time. i've had a push issue w/ my car since Nationals 2007 that i have been going crazy trying to resolve. i thru the last few tricks at it last week, but i think it came down to mixing Nitrogen w/ air in my tires - bad stuff, i dont recommend it.

anyways, the car was running very well. i bested my personal best by 00.1 seconds. in the heat, thats not bad. i had an absolute blast racing w/ the two Jeff's. we were all 3 nose to tail the entire time in race 1/3. its was a total hoot. very respectful racing between us 3, and very aggressive. i have some vids that are just full of 2008 Year in Review material. that Go Pro camera (Thanks Alamo Autosports - http://www.alamoautosports.com/ ) is one bad little dude. i'm looking into picking up at least one more. wish i had this thing a long time ago.

i gotta say, i'm pretty proud to be a part of this group after weekends like TWS. the rookies are stepping it up, we have a large influx of new drivers, and we have a large pool of driver talent.
cant wait for ECR.

and i also want to thank Jay and Jerry for being so kind about the contact i had w/ #17. i never saw Jay and i was confused when i felt the thump. i have no defense as for what happened and i left my fate up to Al and Clifton. after they felt Jay was at fault, i still placed myself on a probation for the remaining 2008 season.
Jay, i'm sorry for the contact regardless of who was at fault. i never saw you, and for that, i feel bad. and you two guys (the Jordans) are great folks to have in this CMC family.

michaelmosty
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Jerry, I have found that rubbing compound works best.

rpoz27
08-04-2008, 05:55 PM
JB brings up an interesting point that may have been covered in the past but I am still curious. At what point does one pull off the track to help a driver involved in a wreck/fire? I am thinking it could be a judgement call but I know there are issues with putting yourself in danger so I am curious to hear more input. I do appreciate the thought that the race leader would pull off to assist.

One does not ever pull off and exit their vehicle to assist. Race tracks have trained crews and ambulance staff for this purpose. In fact, our rescue crews are mostly manned by off duty fire fighters. Attempting to assist is a nice thought, but it only puts the driver attempting to assist at risk and will likely get the race red flagged and the person yelled at, if they are lucky. The only time you should ever exit your vehicle while on track without a go ahead from a race official (corner worker) is if it is on fire. If you have a mechanical issue, the workers will let you know when it is safe to get out of the car after checking with control.

If you are not sure that an incident is being responded to and a driver needs help, the best thing you can do for them is pull into the hot pits and report the incident to an official at the wall. This will insure that they get the help that they need and you do not get tagged by another car.

jeremiahkellam
08-04-2008, 06:17 PM
It was beastly HOT, but it made the racing that much more impressive. You all put on a great show and I can't wait for my chance to get in the mix.

It was great meeting all of you. Super big thanks goes to Rob for the help. Thanks to Mosty and Glenn as well. I really appreciate yall helping out a DE goober (JB's term)

See you at ECR!!

michaelmosty
08-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I rode with Jeremiah on Saturday and he was flying. He will be a great addition to this already crazy group!!

Now get that car (and distributor) ready and come racing. :)

BryanL
08-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the info Misty.

Jeremiah-JB calls everyone a goober. Don't think I actually met you but I remember the goober with the distributor in his hand. Welcome to the group and look forward to seeing you at ECR. I can promise you a DE weekend pales in comparison to getting involved in some racing.

Glenn-I wanted to find out more about the camera setup as it was definitely cool. So now I need to mess with my tires as they have a mix of nitrogen/air. I am also proud to be a part of this group.

mitchntx
08-04-2008, 07:58 PM
So now I need to mess with my tires as they have a mix of nitrogen/air.

Before you panic, talk with an expert, like Steve, about it.

All you are doing is changing the percentage of humidity inside the tire. Introducing 10% or 20% of the tire's volume with 0% humidity gas isn't a huge change.

And factor in you can't control the humidity of your compressed air at all makes it a moot point, IMHO.

JJordan
08-04-2008, 08:41 PM
and i also want to thank Jay and Jerry for being so kind about the contact i had w/ #17. i never saw Jay and i was confused when i felt the thump. i have no defense as for what happened and i left my fate up to Al and Clifton. after they felt Jay was at fault, i still placed myself on a probation for the remaining 2008 season.
Jay, i'm sorry for the contact regardless of who was at fault. i never saw you, and for that, i feel bad. and you two guys (the Jordans) are great folks to have in this CMC family.

I am sorry too Glenn. I have watched the video at least 50 times trying to see what I should have done different. I think if I was going to attempt the pass, I should have done so more aggressively. If you listen, I let off the gas pretty early. I remember thinking that I didn't want to go in deep, lock them up and slide into you. My plan was to do just enough to go through the turn side by side. Obviously, I didn't get far enough up for you to see me. If I would have stayed on the gas a little longer, you would have been more likely to see me, and you would have been forced to the outside of the turn. Lesson learned. Thankfully neither car is seriously damaged.

The last few laps I was thinking that I had 4th in the bag. There was no one behind me for a good ways. I was thinking maybe one of you three would spin out and I might actually get my first podium. When I saw you get 2 off in 6 I first had a DE instinct and started to lift, then I thought holy shit this is my chance and got back on the gas.

Obviously, having contact with Glenn sucked, but R4 was by far my most fun race yet. Having not driven at all Sunday, I was expecting to go to the back pretty fast. I never thought I would have Jeff, Jeff, and Glenn in my sight the entire time. If only I could have made it 3 more turns. I will post my full R4 video in the next day or so. I think there is some pretty good footage of you 3.

Right Click, Save As...

R4 Contact - Jay (http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/Videos/TWS%20-%20Contact%20Low.wmv)

R3 Lap 1 - Jerry (http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/Videos/TWS%20-%20R3%20Lap%201%20-%20Jerrry.wmv)

BryanL
08-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Jay I think those files are backwards-no biggie though.

JJordan
08-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Jay I think those files are backwards-no biggie though.

Thanks Bryan. It's fixed now.

David Love AI27
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Team LiiR had a blast... Jason was a little bummed about being in such a slow car but the seat time was good for him... it is gonna take more than 250 hp at the flywheel in a 3380 pound car to keep up with even the slowest of CMC cars but we mainly show up to be around the greatest bunch of racers in the nation...

As it stands Team LiiR (David and Jason) have wrapped up the NASATX AIX Championship and Jason should be in second as a "privateer"... after having sooooo much trouble with the car, our plan was to make as many events as possible (even if the car was still in pieces) and collect as many points as we could... once the car was reliable (slow but reliable) we decided to leave it alone and get through the rest of the season... now with the threat of other AIX cars showing up at EC we are forced to make the trip to defend Jason's current standing and to secure the AIX Rookie of the Year honors...

ps Jason would like to thank JB for pointing out the panhard bar position.... NOT!!!!!

just when he thought he had the car figured out I went and made MASSIVE adjustments to both ends of the car.... boy was he pissed... Also he requests that NO ONE lend me tools to work on the car unless he is present....

Sorry son, I was bored...

Wirtz
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
How do you get tire rubber off your car paint?

I normally use cleaner / wax. I think wd40 works good too.

Jeff

Wirtz
08-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Liebbe's Lost and Found
Two Baseball Caps - found in motorhome - believed to belong to the Wirtz family

Thanks Rob! :D

Blue Paint Smudge - found on rear bumper of my race car - believed to belong to Jeff Wirtz

Items will be returned or repaid in a timely manner. :)

Thanks Rob.... :shock:

jeffburch
08-04-2008, 11:13 PM
One does not ever pull off and exit their vehicle to assist. Race tracks have trained crews and ambulance staff for this purpose. In fact, our rescue crews are mostly manned by off duty fire fighters. Attempting to assist is a nice thought, but it only puts the driver attempting to assist at risk and will likely get the race red flagged and the person yelled at, if they are lucky. The only time you should ever exit your vehicle while on track without a go ahead from a race official (corner worker) is if it is on fire. If you have a mechanical issue, the workers will let you know when it is safe to get out of the car after checking with control.

If you are not sure that an incident is being responded to and a driver needs help, the best thing you can do for them is pull into the hot pits and report the incident to an official at the wall. This will insure that they get the help that they need and you do not get tagged by another car.

He was WAY off the surface. He went all the way to the banking in nascar 3/4.
Had he tumbled one of us coulda been there to assist before an "official" goober could get rolling.
In that instance I'd suffer the consequences.
jb

michaelmosty
08-05-2008, 12:02 AM

He was WAY off the surface. He went all the way to the banking in nascar 3/4.
Had he tumbled one of us coulda been there to assist before an "official" goober could get rolling.
In that instance I'd suffer the consequences.
jb
I'd like to see another topic started on this so we are all better knowledged on what to do in the future. The only time I thought of this same thing was seeing Micah rolling at TWS in 06. When I saw him roll I saw the emergency vehicles less than 50 yards from him but still had the thought of helping.

I know that the emergency crews are the ones trained to handle these situations but I hate to think of what would happen if they were 30 seconds later than another person if the situation turned very bad.

Not meaning to sour the thread but it makes you think.

michaelmosty
08-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Right Click, Save As...

R4 Contact - Jay (http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/Videos/TWS%20-%20Contact%20Low.wmv)

R3 Lap 1 - Jerry (http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/Videos/TWS%20-%20R3%20Lap%201%20-%20Jerrry.wmv)
Jerry, you looked like you were out for a Sunday drive with your hand on that shifter through T9 + T8. :lol:

David Love AI27
08-05-2008, 04:16 AM
I'd like to see another topic started on this so we are all better knowledged on what to do in the future. The only time I thought of this same thing was seeing Micah rolling at TWS in 06. When I saw him roll I saw the emergency vehicles less than 50 yards from him but still had the thought of helping.

I know that the emergency crews are the ones trained to handle these situations but I hate to think of what would happen if they were 30 seconds later than another person if the situation turned very bad.

Not meaning to sour the thread but it makes you think.

I had many years of experience in corner working before driving and I was chastised a number of times for leaving my "post" to respond to rollovers and fires because the main focus of the ENTIRE staff is safety... the corner workers are there to warn drivers about track conditions to make the track safe... that is why there are red flags, to make it safe for emergency vehicles to respond... ALL calls go through race control because it is their responsibility to decide the safest response for any incident. If a driver or corner worker is injured or killed while trying to save a driver involved in an incident they have distracted the emergency response team and made the situation worse... if any of you drivers see my car upside down or on fire PLEASE follow the instructions of the track staff and get the hell out of the way so the trained response team can help me, thanks....

ShadowBolt
08-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Right Click, Save As...

Jerry, you looked like you were out for a Sunday drive with your hand on that shifter through T9 + T8. :lol:

Bad habit of mine. I drive a lot with one hand on the wheel.

JJ

JJordan
08-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Right Click, Save As...

R4 Full Race - Jay (http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/Videos/Aug.%20TWS%20-%20R4%20-%20Jay.wmv) 37.5M

-Jay

donovan
08-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Very well said DL...

Race Results anyone?

AI#97
08-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Race Results anyone?

You and I weren't there...only thing that was important on the AI front! ;)

Shall I respond in the other threads you asked the question in?! LOL!!! :lol:

BryanL
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Pretty sure AI was Cooke/Melkowitz then Frank Robertson for all 4 races.

ledfoot2
08-05-2008, 09:20 AM
I didn't realize I could bump people! IF I new that I might not have gotten passed by everyone! I am glad to see that everyone had fun. The wife said I need to quit wasting my time at events if teh car is broke. To me that is a green light for more parts!!

Wirtz
08-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Ok, fine, I'll take a shot;

Race 1
AI: Cooke, Frank
CMC: Glenn, Jeff W, Jeff B, Michael, James, Rob, Jerry, Gary, Al
CMC2: Mitch, Bryan
AIX: Rayman, Jason

Race 2
CMC: Al, Rob, Jeff W, James, Jeff B, Michael, Glenn, Jerry, Gary
AIX: Jason

Race 3
CMC: Jeff W, Glann, James, Jeff B, Al, Rob, Michael, Gary, Jerry

Race 4
CMC: Jeff W, Jeff B, Glenn, Rob, James, Jay, Michael, Gary, Al

I know in R1 or R2 it was Jay, not Jerry, but can't remember which. Not sure on quallys, but know for CMC it was Glenn both days.

Could someone scan the front and back for Sat qually, and the front and back of Race4 and email to me?
powerslide91 at yahoo dot com.

Jeff

cobra132
08-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Once again, I had a great time. First time running TWS CW. Because of the low AI turn out team Downunder was gracious enough to do some lead follows with me at speed during the races and offer invaluable critique and instruction. Where else does that happen, thanks guys! Enjoyed dinner out with the crew on Firday and Sat nights. The paddock was great. The CMC guys were climing out of their cars post race laughing and acting like wide-eyed kids getting off of their first carnival ride. Children waving us off the grid. These are examples of the quality and character of AICMC Texas that attracted me to the group. FMR

AllZWay
08-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I kind of hate to post this video because of the really bad driving on my part........ but here is the first and last lap of R3.

All the in between is just me chasing, but never gaining on the Jeff's and Glann....until the lead two cars bobble with a half a lap to go.

Right click and save as:
http://www.sulphurrivertrails.com/videos/TWS_R3_Aug08.wmv

jeffburch
08-05-2008, 09:16 PM
OH LOOPIE! I'M HOME!
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/08_Aug_BL_loopie_TWS_R4_HQ.wmv

jb

more to come, I just got the new rocketship going (64 bit quad core)

GlennCMC70
08-05-2008, 10:03 PM
gonna place bets that Bryan down shifted too soon there. i did the same thing w/ the same results once in the 98Z i have. i did it at 150+mph.

Alien
08-05-2008, 10:09 PM
What a great weekend! I'm just going to ignore the fact that MM was cruising in 5th for 4 laps and I still didn't catch him!

I was a warehouse away from not making it. Upon making a final check Friday morning, I noticed a crack in a front brake rotor that was hiding behind the caliper. Must have resulted from running wik MSC the weekend before. Got a rotor at the parts store (who got it from their warehouse) at 2:30p, installed it, loaded up, and headed out. One more reason I like that CMC still uses stock parts!

jeffburch
08-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Race 4
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/2008_Aug_TWS_R4_MQ_edit.wmv
jb

Thx everyone who've posted stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GlennCMC70
08-05-2008, 10:30 PM
i have alot of stuff. 8 sessions. i'll have to hand carry it to Mitch or someone who can edit it down and host it.
there is some really bad ass footage.

Mason
08-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Matt,

I'll let you off the hook and fill you in on some details. :)

Daron shattered the previous lap record with a best of 1:52.8XX, which he laid down on Sunday R3. AI75 ran like a champ all weekend, no damage, no hicups, no wrenches turned, etc. With two poles and four wins, we gathered enough points to clinch the Championship...but don't worry, we'll still show up to Eagle's Canyon. :)

We had a blast running with Frank and hanging out with the rest of the crew, despite the heat. Time to get ready for Nats!

Wirtz
08-06-2008, 02:11 AM
Race 4
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/2008_Aug_TWS_R4_MQ_edit.wmv
jb

Thanks for posting this one JB. I was really bummed my camera didn't work for R3 or R4. I got some good footage from R1 and R2. I think I got a process figured out for converting the MOV files into something I can use. Since my upload bandwidth is still very limited, I'm going to try posting to Google Videos, but it looks like it needs more time to get approved and posted. I'll have to send a link out tomorrow.

Jeff

mitchntx
08-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Wow! passed JB on the outside of T6 ... cajones ...

Wirtz
08-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Here is the link to the video. Looks like they must be doing a conversion to lower the bandwidth but *shrug*, best I can do for now.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2057411528409270471

Jeff

michaelmosty
08-06-2008, 09:12 AM
What a great weekend! I'm just going to ignore the fact that MM was cruising in 5th for 4 laps and I still didn't catch him!

Gary, I was checking my rear-view often for the last few laps and saw you gaining on me each lap. If there had been 1 more lap I know I wouldn't have been able to hold you off.

Like Glenn said last year when he ran the entire race in 4th, you learn alot when you really have to momentum drive. I also had alot of extra time to focus since I wasn't shifting very much. :)

jeffburch
08-06-2008, 01:50 PM
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/08_Aug_TWS_R2_MQ_edit.wmv

jb

BryanL
08-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Loopie says thanks for the vid post JB. Doubt I will show the wife. I have watched it several times and gone over it in my mind and still can't pinpoint what exactly happened. I'm normally not downshifting so I don't think that caused it. I think I just got on the brakes too hard while I was turning down off and the rear kicked out. Once that happened I just tried to keep it going straight and only thought about driving it straight off. Though while in the infield grass I see Mitch ahead and turn to the left to make sure I avoided him. Still just tried to keep it going straight but with the correction to avoid Mitch and then hitting the dirt I ended up sideways at a pretty high rate of speed. Just glad it was smooth enough out there that I didn't catch anything and roll. I was very concerned that I was going to roll it.
Frank-you are right on the money with your post.
Kinman-nice meeting you. Please update us on what you find out about the cam and your car not running right.

Loving all the vids.

jeffburch
08-06-2008, 03:30 PM
To me it looks like you were braking when you hit the transition.
Good job saving it from the wall on the right.
I figger I'll kill the link and post above of the vid.

jb

BryanL
08-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Prolly right JB-thanks. Pretty sure I will be running the low line there from now on. Fire away.

Wirtz
08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
JB told me I earned "The Big Finger"(TM) in R2, now I have seen it. I feel kinda like it is a rite of passage kind of thing :) Now I am a true Texas CMCer!

jeffburch
08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/08_Aug_TWS_R1_MQ_edit.wmv

jb