GlennCMC70
05-07-2006, 10:03 PM
me.

michaelmosty
05-07-2006, 10:20 PM
I haven't yet. Soon to register...

CMC17
05-10-2006, 07:50 AM
I haven't yet. Waiting to make sure the engine is ok before signing up. Won't be until this weekend before I know.

mitchntx
05-10-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm probably not gonna make Houston.

My wife is scheduled for surgery this Friday.

Mike Bell
05-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Oh man, Mitch. I hope she's ok and that everything goes well for her/you. Hate to hear you won't make this coming weekend to thrash me some more. Make sure and let us know how she's doing after her surgery.

oz98cobra
05-10-2006, 11:01 AM
What class will you be racing at this coming event Mike?

Mike Bell
05-10-2006, 11:12 AM
CMC, the AI car is in need of some love and money. Trying to keep two race cars ready is like dating two women at the same time, neither one is happy you spend time/money on the other lol.

mitchntx
05-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh man, Mitch. I hope she's ok and that everything goes well for her/you. Hate to hear you won't make this coming weekend to thrash me some more. Make sure and let us know how she's doing after her surgery.

I appreciate it Mike.

It's some simple corrective surgery needed to fix a problem caused by a previous surgery over 20 years ago.

While it is supposed a routine and simple procedure, the potential for some post-op complicaions is quite high.

She's tough and bounces back quickly. She'll be fine.

oz98cobra
05-10-2006, 12:34 PM

Hope all goes well for your better half on Friday!

Are you going to miss TDE @ TMS on Saturday now?

chicane23
05-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Mike when you are ready for someone to take care of either car you let me know.

Arrive and drive!

mitchntx
05-10-2006, 01:01 PM

Hope all goes well for your better half on Friday!

Are you going to miss TDE @ TMS on Saturday now?

Yes ... already cancelled.

Mike Bell
05-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Mike when you are ready for someone to take care of either car you let me know.

Arrive and drive!

I think you've got one AI car that missed the call to grid recently, no? ;)

Seriously, I may ship this AI car your way - I've given up hope of wrenching on my own vehicles. I mess up more than I accomplish lol.

chicane23
05-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Actually that was out of my hands. The result was a bad dyno A/F.

The car should have ran, as it was just fine!

Let me know as I would like to be that person to help get you setup and running strong.

BTW, if someone needs an extra hand at the track let me know. My cousin may go and help people out for a small fee. He is great, you have all seen him wrenching on my car, changing tires and etc.

CMC17
05-10-2006, 03:22 PM
I didn't put too much faith in the A/F when my car was dyno'd. When I looked at the sheet and the A/F line stayed above 15 on a stock setup I actually thought about how far off it was and if anyone was using it to try to dial-in a car.
Had I known about the A/F issue, I would have brought it up by swinging by to let you know. :(

Mitch, hope everything goes well!!!! You will be missed. Family first.

chicane23
05-10-2006, 04:11 PM
So you knew??? :-(

I wish I knew!

That damn dyno cost me a weekend of kicking Matt's butt. ;-)

AI#97
05-10-2006, 05:00 PM
So you knew??? :-(

I wish I knew!

That damn dyno cost me a weekend of kicking Matt's butt. ;-)

LOL! There wasn't enough lead in a 10 mile radius to make you legal anyway so unless you were planning on bolting a passenger into the car, there wasn't going to be any "butt kicking" last month....Houston may be another story though! :P I will bring my A game and that's all I can do. Like you said in the other thread, there is always going to be someone faster and hell, I am just a rookie so the driver has a lot to improve too right?! :wink: Oh, and given the info you gave me about your recent dyno experience, we should get a VERY good idea of what difference the GR40 setup and the MM setup really is......oh, and the difference in drivers! :lol:

Mike, don't you dare let him put griggs stuff on your AI car!!! What's up with it anyway? Seemed like it was doing pretty good in December until the alternator gave up the ghost...? It would be cool to see you out there with us though!

chicane23
05-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Lead, who needs lead! ;-) Actually, I needed some!!
That is true and that one person that is fast will teach me, you and everyone else something. Hell, Wayne is the one that taught me what I know today. I believe he is the most talented driver I know and have ran against.

Driver it will be, but I believe there are a few other factors as you mentioned in your email, but time will tell. ;-)

Change anything on Mike’s car…nope just needs some tender loving care and setup. Things that I really believe I and someone else can offer.

His MM stuff will be fine for a while, just as I told you.

AI#97
05-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Lead, who needs lead! ;-) Actually, I needed some!!
That is true and that one person that is fast will teach me, you and everyone else something. Hell, Wayne is the one that taught me what I know today. I believe he is the most talented driver I know and have ran against.

Driver it will be, but I believe there are a few other factors as you mentioned in your email, but time will tell. ;-)

Change anything on Mike’s car…nope just needs some tender loving care and setup. Things that I really believe I and someone else can offer.

His MM stuff will be fine for a while, just as I told you.

Man, it's all good! I just can't wait to get the car down the track and start turning some laps!

PS. Who made you center windshield support? I am in the market for one ASAP! a large flat package arrived yesterday! :wink:

chicane23
05-10-2006, 07:13 PM
PST, who else? ;-)

Call AJ and tell him you need a John George special.

AI#97
05-10-2006, 08:48 PM
PST, who else? ;-)

Call AJ and tell him you need a John George special.

If you don't mind, I am going to take a close look at yours and just make one. I have been spending too much money lately as it is! I think I might pick up an 87' E30 BMW this weekend for a future Spec E30 build... Before you know it I am going to be like Mr. Bell and have two race cars! :shock:

chicane23
05-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Hell, I sell you a really nice street car that will run with you AI car!

Yes, it has a full GR40 suspension and everything else to go with it.

;-)

Alien
05-11-2006, 11:55 AM
What/where is the schedule of races for next weekend? And is it still 10$ per spectator?

AI#97
05-11-2006, 12:30 PM
What/where is the schedule of races for next weekend? And is it still 10$ per spectator?

Wow! and from a total newb too!!! Not just coming from the racers anymore.

Schedules are given out at the track and revised shortly before the first practice session. :P