PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Flights

cjlmlml
08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Anyone thinking of flying up there ? Thursday to Sunday??

ShadowBolt
08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
How long would it take in a Cherokee 235? About 1090 air miles. At 150 MPH that is still just over 7 hours in my POS. For me to fly, the fuel would be about a grand (split three ways)! Depends on how close you can get with a commercial flight and what you have to spend on a rent car as opposed to flying into a small airport close by.

JJ

Adam Ginsberg
08-13-2008, 03:23 AM
I'm flying from MCI to CMH on Thursday, then flying back to Dallas early Monday morning.

Would be interested in sharing a rental car for the weekend, or working out a ride from the Columbus airport to the track and back. I'm camping at the track, working as the CMC/CMC2 Series Director, so I really have no need for a rental car while there.

cjlmlml
08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
that might work, although I would prob fly out sun nite, will get w you .

michaelmosty
08-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I unfortunately won't be able to make it this year but last year I flew AA and it worked out good.

American Airlines
They have the same flight this year for $299.
DFW - Friday 8:45 AM - 12:05 into Columbus.
CMH - Sunday 6:25 PM - 8:00 into DFW.

Last year that made it for the qual. race on Friday and the Championship race on Sunday. Figured I'd pass the info. along.

ShadowBolt
08-13-2008, 12:18 PM
I unfortunately won't be able to make it this year but last year I flew AA and it worked out good.

American Airlines

Last year that made it for the qual. race on Friday and the Championship race on Sunday. Figured I'd pass the info. along.

For that price sitting in a Cherokee for seven hours would be crazy! How far is Columbus from M/O?

Jerry

Adam Ginsberg
08-13-2008, 01:20 PM
that might work, although I would prob fly out sun nite, will get w you .

Call the cell when you get a chance.

American Airlines

For that price sitting in a Cherokee for seven hours would be crazy! How far is Columbus from M/O?

You can't fly it yourself for that kind of time and money, Jerry.

Drive from CMH to Mid-Ohio is about ~1.5 hours.

gt40
08-19-2008, 09:35 AM

American Airlines

Last year that made it for the qual. race on Friday and the Championship race on Sunday. Figured I'd pass the info. along.I booked these flights, and I have a rental car. If someone wants to, I'll share the rental.