PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Canyon Pits

jeremiahkellam
08-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Am I correct to assume that ECR has no covered pit areas for rent??

Will we be EZ UP'n it??

ShadowBolt
08-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Am I correct to assume that ECR has no covered pit areas for rent??

Will we be EZ UP'n it??

Is it (the pit area) even paved?

JJ

BryanL
08-24-2008, 08:35 PM
When I was there in May there wasn't any covered parking. Pits were white rock road as well. There are also three levels of pits below grid which is another level up. If you are down in the lowest level which is the biggest area it is a good hike up to grid-better have a pit bike. You also can't see much of the track at grid or the shop/clubhouse area, Just 2 straightaways with a u-turn. Others went on up another level that was another hike up to sit in the grass but I didn't go up there to see how much better the view is. Also, if it rains prepare for alot of runoff coming off the slopes as it was just dirt.
I'm hoping to be out there early Friday morning and would like to get a area for all the CMC guys to be able to pit together.
Bryan

ShadowBolt
08-24-2008, 08:42 PM
When I was there in May there wasn't any covered parking. Pits were white rock road as well. There are also three levels of pits below grid which is another level up. If you are down in the lowest level which is the biggest area it is a good hike up to grid-better have a pit bike. You also can't see much of the track at grid or the shop/clubhouse area, Just 2 straightaways with a u-turn. Others went on up another level that was another hike up to sit in the grass but I didn't go up there to see how much better the view is. Also, if it rains prepare for alot of runoff coming off the slopes as it was just dirt.
I'm hoping to be out there early Friday morning and would like to get a area for all the CMC guys to be able to pit together.
Bryan

Save me a spot for my rig.
I will be there by noon.

JJ

mitchntx
08-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Bryan

Save me a spot for my rig.
I will be thee by noon.

JJ

:?:

This is still a couple months away, right?

Alien
08-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Last time I checked it was.

Maybe Bryan has broke down to playing mind tricks hoping you won't show up. Jeez, some people take winning the championship too seriously. :shock:

BryanL
08-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Both of you are right-7 weeks away. And not only is my car already out of the trailer but it started its diet. After spending the day at Glenn's I have several new tricks up my sleeve to add to my todo list.

Rsmith350
08-24-2008, 10:00 PM
After spending the day at Glenn's

make sure nothing is shiny or looks good....you'll get yelled at....trust me! :shock: :lol:

rpoz27
08-25-2008, 08:30 PM
One of my instructors drove ECR on Saturday. Here is his assessment - "At lunchtime, they closed the track down because the sealer was not drying properly due to the humidity. Linda decided not to charge any fees for the day which was very nice.

The new paved areas are great... they were a bit slick since the sealer was not totally dry and there
was some water coming up from the rains earlier in the week, so it did require caution this weekend. The bumpy areas have been completely repaired. Linda indicated it was a two step process of leveling and then surface work done by two separate companies that do these sorts of repairs at tracks across the country....

Turn 1/2 has been completely redone from about 100 feet before and after the curbing starts/ends for those turns. Turn 3 is redone... as is 6... the straight on the way to 6 is redone with a wide band in the
center of the straight.. I can't even remember the back straight on the way to turn 7 other than to say it was not an issue...now that I think about it... turn 7 and 8 are completely redone.. Turn 9 is redone... and so is 11 leading back onto the front straight.

The entire track is excellent... if the sealer cures with no issues we should all have a very fun fall."

Rob Liebbe
08-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Anybody else remember a few years back when TWS resealed the back part of the 2.9? Driver's Edge tried to use it with the result of many instructor cars being coated in sealer. Good Times.

AI#97
08-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Anybody else remember a few years back when TWS resealed the back part of the 2.9? Driver's Edge tried to use it with the result of many instructor cars being coated in sealer. Good Times.

No different than any other time down there...run it in the rain and then you can talk about a really dirty car. At the SVTOA event in April, I got a LOT of rain time at TWS and the car had to be cleaned with straight simple green!

Misty, thanks for the update and it actually sounds promising! Hope it stays that way!

BlueFirePony
08-26-2008, 12:02 PM
... Others went on up another level that was another hike up to sit in the grass but I didn't go up there to see how much better the view is....

From the top of the hill you can see much more of the track....if its dry it makes for a nice viewing spot...but if it rains...

Alien
09-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Where is the closest hotel to ECR? Seems like it's in the middle of nowhere...

AllZWay
09-02-2008, 04:55 PM

I was wondering the same thing...but just haven't taken the time to look it up.

I am thinking Gainesville and Denton.

BlueFirePony
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM

I was wondering the same thing...but just haven't taken the time to look it up.

I am thinking Gainesville and Denton.

The track website points to some hotels (Super 8, Ramada, etc.) in Decatur - which does seem a bit closer than either Denton or Gaineville - you'd have a more or less straight drive along highway 51 to go back-and-forth btw track and hotel.
But if you'd rather find something on I-35E I would think Denton (on the south side) or Gainesville (if you are coming from the north) would be not much farther and maybe a few more choices.

BryanL
09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Sanger could also be an option. I think there is a motel in Sanger and there is a good mexican food place there. I would have to look at a map but I would guess Decatur is closest.

Yes it is in the middle of nowwhere. Bring your dirt bikes. If you break down there is Rocky Ridge right down the road.