PDA

View Full Version : MSR-H Garages?

mitchntx
05-08-2006, 10:35 AM
I see on the registration that for $30 one can rent a garage.

Is it individual stalls like at MSR-C or Hallett (SchuVarner rented one last year) or is it a covered, open building like TWS or Hallett (like the regular folk rented)?

From the pics listed on the MSR-H site, there are awnings like one would see at car dealerships. But not sure if that is grid or garages.

What are the emenities? Are the showers now working?

Thanks for any info

oz98cobra
05-08-2006, 11:52 AM
As far as I am aware, the "garages" for rent by competitors are under the car dealer style awnings. Be aware that these offer some protection from the sun, but NO protection from rain - they are open weave material!

The amenities are better - more bathroom under the control towers in pit lane as well as the ones on the end of the main building - and yes, the showers were working OK when I was there a week ago.

GlennCMC70
05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
i say we all pit over on the big open lot that was to the west of us. just in case the mother of all sand storms comes for another visit. :evil:

has anyone been there lately? just wondering if they paved that dirt lot.

AI#97
05-08-2006, 01:06 PM
i say we all pit over on the big open lot that was to the west of us. just in case the mother of all sand storms comes for another visit. :evil:

has anyone been there lately? just wondering if they paved that dirt lot.

Rumor has it that it is all paved now....Not sure of the dust though....There was so much of it that I think THAT is what was making me so bitchy in the month of march because sand was still in my shorts!!! :lol:

oz98cobra
05-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Yes it is paved, and there is no dust - just acres of lush green grass - or rice paddys maybe? ;)

We used it as a skid pad the other week - until one of the track folks parked a big ole bus in the middle of it - I think they were trying to tell us something?

It could be a good place for CMC/AI to be based - kind of like the skidpad at MSR-C as far as distance from the rest and amenities, etc.

Mike Bell
05-09-2006, 06:09 AM
I'm not sure where exactly you guys are talking about? If someone will give me the location I'd be appreciative - parking the MH and trailer isn't my forte and I tend to go to the farthest point from the crowd and look for the easy entrance/exit lol.

I agree, last time the dust storm was a bit much to tolerate. :cry: