PDA

View Full Version : Third gen transponder location?

NickV
08-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Finally checked off "buy-an-AMB-transponder" from the list, looking for info on where you third gen folk have mounted yours. It states it needs a clear view of the track, and I would *ass*ume it should be at the front of the car.

Heeelp :D

jeffburch
08-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Mine looks straight down from a bracket mounted to the front side of the radiator core support. Behind the headlight buckets, passenger side.

The only time I could ever imagine having it on a switch (which you'll forget) as opposed to power from the ignition switch, is if you had your own timing apparatus, and you didn't want to be on the practice time sheet. To mess with a rivals head.

Good luck,
jb

GlennCMC70
08-31-2008, 06:24 PM
the "clear shot at the ground' aint really true. i saw one mounted to the main hoop inside the car (close to the floorpan) and it worked just fine.
i mounted mine to the frame rail just behind the sway bar mounts. mine is on the "guages" switch. i can turn it off if i want, but its really hard to forget to turn it on this way.

Wirtz
09-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Passenger side near the rad core support area. Mine is just wired into the master kill switch so it is always on if the car is on. I can pull the fuse for it if I want to shut it off for some reason.

Jeff

NickV
09-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the help, guys!

Wiring it in to the master switch is a good idea, especially seeing as how that is item #2 that is sitting on the table next to the transponder waiting to be installed :D