PDA

View Full Version : Harris Hill Road Course

mitchntx
09-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Steve and I went out to visit Harris Hill saturday. They were gracious enough to let us have a couple hours of track time in Steve's C5.

Nice people and a nice track. Nice elevation changes, enough straights to see triple digits, technical enough to make a diamond or 2.

Not a difficult track to learn cause it flows really well.

Al Fernandez
09-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Nice! So you guys are going to become members now?

NickV
09-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Costas and I attended a RGV PCA club DE event there a while back. Very smooth track and very fun. Definitely lacking in the "pit" area (no way a NASA event could ever be held there), but otherwise a great facility.

Did you guys run CW or CCW? The DE day we did was CCW.

mitchntx
09-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Costas and I attended a RGV PCA club DE event there a while back. Very smooth track and very fun. Definitely lacking in the "pit" area (no way a NASA event could ever be held there), but otherwise a great facility.

Did you guys run CW or CCW? The DE day we did was CCW.

We ran CW, which appears the "normal" configuration if you look at the track map

The guy explained that CW flowed better and CCW was a lot more technical because of the blind turns and braking zones. Also, CCW was a lot faster, probably because of the long down hill straight betweens T4 and T3

Membership is very possible. They are very limited by their insurance carrier on how "guests" are treated, though. But that is supposed to change at year's end. They are also trying to work out a deal with other Texas tracks to get a track pass established so that a membership at one facility will be honored at others.

Paddock is extremely small. No way could 100 cars fit in there. They also have noise restrictions.

The local hotshoe coached us on a couple turns, where to be and what to look for and it made a significant difference.

And true to form ... I made a passenger car-sick. Thought I was gonna have to stop on the back straight to let him puke. Luckily, he waited till he was out of the car in the paddock in front of his buddies before he blew.

donovan
09-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Glad you guys liked the track, I hear the track designer is a handsome fella!!! 8)

I will be out there Thursday and/or Friday for testing...

DD

mitchntx
09-02-2008, 04:35 PM
"David who?"
"Oh the guy that came with that Corey bum?"
"You guys know them?"

"Uh ... not really ... just on teh interweb."