PDA

View Full Version : ECR Countdown

BlueFirePony
09-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, my work schedule has taken a surprising twist over the summer but I still plan on making the last race of the season.

All this Nats stuff is making me antsy!

GlennCMC70
09-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Shannon called and told me to be sure and let folks know that this event is still on not matter what. so please do whatyou can to get there and get your fellow racer there.

i would be willing to drive to Houston and bring anyones cars and gear up and back if thats what it will take to get them there. i know alot of you guys houses and stuff need alot of work, but by that point, you may be looking for a "day off". i'll also offer my house up as a place to stay for anyone and everyone who wants to sleep here. i'm over 30 minute way from the track, but i have alot of air matresses and floor space. i have a big back yard if you have a dog or an RV.

AllZWay
09-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Has anyone figured out where they are going to stay around the area?

Does ECR have showers yet?

GlennCMC70
09-18-2008, 09:56 AM
i may make a run up there durring the day tomorrow.

jeffburch
09-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Any word on number of races, 3 or 4 at ECR?

jb

GlennCMC70
09-21-2008, 10:30 AM
let me ask the other directors on that.

mitchntx
09-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Well, my work schedule has taken a surprising twist over the summer but I still plan on making the last race of the season.

Mine is screwed for the last race.

Plant outage begins Sept 27 and ends Oct 17. :x

Trying to get some one to cover my shift on the 11th and 12th.

Worst case would be leave work Friday morning and pack gear.
Leave work Sat morning and drag gear to ECR and get set up.
Leave work Sun morning and make one race, pack and come home.

marshall_mosty
09-21-2008, 11:58 AM
I'll be out there, but without the car. Lack of funds and overall time to work on the car puts my next event as the enduro next year in April...

I'm still looking forward to hanging out all weekend and watching some great racing.

ShadowBolt
09-21-2008, 12:32 PM

Mine is screwed for the last race.

Plant outage begins Sept 27 and ends Oct 17. :x

Trying to get some one to cover my shift on the 11th and 12th.

Worst case would be leave work Friday morning and pack gear.
Leave work Sat morning and drag gear to ECR and get set up.
Leave work Sun morning and make one race, pack and come home.

Can we help you in any way Mitch? I'm not sure NASA Texas is supposed to run a race without the Mitchster!

Jay and I spent the morning getting CMC17 ready. It's all loaded and ready except I need two smoked headlight covers. Anyone have a low buck source?

JJ

mitchntx
09-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Can we help you in any way Mitch? I'm not sure NASA Texas is supposed to run a race without the Mitchster!

JJ

Kind of you to ask. Not sure what it would be, though. Boring nuke news stuff and NASA and Texas AI/CMC will get along just fine.

michaelmosty
09-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Jerry, I looked and couldn't find a cheap place to buy the headlight covers. Marshall got his off e-bay and I think with shipping it came out to around $45. I think I paid around $45-50 and got them from AutoZone.
Let me know if you find em cheaper.

rpoz27
09-21-2008, 08:53 PM
I'll be dragging Martin's crap to ECR and watching the races. Might do TT in Martin's street car, if he brings it. (My car is still a POS. Tried something else today to fix it and it tested the same. BTW, taking the rear wing off the car turned it into a snap oversteer beast. I was LMAO for the 3 laps that I had reasonable fuel pressure. It was ridiculous! Got to drive an SRF today, as well. What a hoot!)

ShadowBolt
09-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Any word on number of races, 3 or 4 at ECR?

jb

I hope it's four. Three sucks for Team Jordan. Why do we ever do three? We only have six race weekends a year can't we run four races at each one?

JJ

mitchntx
09-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Why do we ever do three?

JJ

So that those that compete at a National level have an opportunity to see what it takes, mechanically, physically and mentally, to run longer than 10 or 12 minutes of green flag racing.

AI#97
09-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Why do we ever do three?

JJ

So that those that compete at a National level have an opportunity to see what it takes, mechanically, physically and mentally, to run longer than 10 or 12 minutes of green flag racing.

Seems sort of pointless for AI....last two years the race hasn't gone the full 40 minutes or even close...

I am out for ECR... I will be there watching though.

GlennCMC70
09-22-2008, 08:43 AM
so far guys, its looking like 3. we went the 4 route durring the hot months. nothing set in stone yet. waiting to hear from Clifton.

rpoz27
09-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Hey Mitch- I'll probably get there Thursday evening sometime. Is there some way I can help you out? I'll have my truck, so can get your trailer to the track. You can drive on Saturday maybe, if some of the guys will help me unload. Just a thought, let me know.

mitchntx
09-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey Mitch- I'll probably get there Thursday evening sometime. Is there some way I can help you out? I'll have my truck, so can get your trailer to the track. You can drive on Saturday maybe, if some of the guys will help me unload. Just a thought, let me know.

Once again, a very kind offer. I appreciate it very much.

At this point, it appears that the scenario outlined above will be worst case. I have co-workers that can cover for me. It's a matter of if they will. They have their own shift to cover.

ShadowBolt
09-22-2008, 09:00 AM

Jay and I will pitch in if needed.

JJ

Waco Racer
09-22-2008, 09:23 AM
so far guys, its looking like 3. we went the 4 route durring the hot months. nothing set in stone yet. waiting to hear from Clifton.

Don't wait on me. Your directors need to decide how many races, then let me know so I can make the schedule.

Waco Racer
09-22-2008, 09:23 AM
DP because my internet service at work is poop.

ShadowBolt
09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Why do we ever do three?

JJ

Nationals are over. So we run only three races so the four people that go to Nats can get used to it? I used to think it was okay so I could get away from the track sooner but with only six race weekends if it takes a half hour longer I don't care. How about a vote? Maybe I'm the only one that likes four races better?

JJ

Adam Ginsberg
09-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Jerry - Mitch isn't 100% correct in his assessment of race length.

The reason we decided to try/perform 40min races in 2005 had to do with racers learning patience. We'd had some incidents of contact, and our goal was for the rookies to learn patience during a race.

In 2006, it just so happened the Nats came along, and announced 40min races.

FWIW, I prefer longer race lengths. In CA, CMC does 3 races - a 30min race on Sat, a ~15min qual race Sunday morning, with another 30min race on Sunday (either late morning, or early afternoon).

mitchntx
09-22-2008, 12:09 PM

So what part was incorrect?

AI#97
09-22-2008, 12:53 PM

The reason we decided to try/perform 40min races in 2005 had to do with racers learning patience. We'd had some incidents of contact, and our goal was for the rookies to learn patience during a race.

I don't EVER recall that being a point of discussion FOR 40 minute races. It was always "practice for nationals". Honestly, in the past it has gotten boring for spectators in our region....however, I sort of like the idea of a 40 minute race immediately after lunch on Sunday and loaded and leaving the track by 3pm....but I am getting old and tired so what does it matter what I think.

Adam Ginsberg
09-22-2008, 01:04 PM
So what part was incorrect?

Check you're reading comprehension, Mitch:

In 2006, it just so happened the Nats came along, and announced 40min races.

You're comment made it sound like the only reason we did 40's was for the Nats - at the time we moved to 40's, the Nats didn't exist yet.

Matt - you wouldn't know what we went through in 2005, as you weren't there.

mitchntx
09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
My comprehension is just fine, Adam. "Not 100% correct" means that something is LESS than 100% correct as it's impossible to be MORE than 100% correct.

I don't EVER recall that being a point of discussion FOR 40 minute races. It was always "practice for nationals". Honestly, in the past it has gotten boring for spectators in our region....however, I sort of like the idea of a 40 minute race immediately after lunch on Sunday and loaded and leaving the track by 3pm....but I am getting old and tired so what does it matter what I think.

My reollection is much like that of Matt's.

Maybe it's not my ability to comprehend, but yours to recall. "Not being there" is irrelevent as it's 100% possible Matt was told the reasons by you or some other representitive ... unless of course you were the sole source of information.

Adam Ginsberg
09-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Maybe it's not my ability to comprehend, but yours to recall.

My recollection is accurate.

mitchntx
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Maybe it's not my ability to comprehend, but yours to recall.

My recollection is accurate.

I was editing my first stattement ... want to super quote some more?

GlennCMC70
09-22-2008, 01:36 PM
accually we did know about the NASA Nats in 2005. and we knew the race length. i pushed Todd hard for a 40 early in 2006 for the reasons listed above. April 2006 was the first 40 we ever ran. i think the reason Adam listed was a secondary reason for it happening.

ShadowBolt
09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
So four races then. Great!

JJ

mitchntx
09-22-2008, 03:18 PM
accually we did know about the NASA Nats in 2005. and we knew the race length. i pushed Todd hard for a 40 early in 2006 for the reasons listed above. April 2006 was the first 40 we ever ran. i think the reason Adam listed was a secondary reason for it happening.

I wonder how accurate this statement is ... percentage-wise?

GlennCMC70
09-22-2008, 03:21 PM
we planned this out all in the early stages ofthe year. i'm sure its a 3 race event. we only went to the 4 race format for the summer months. i talked w/ Al and David already and that is what we all remember.

Alien
09-22-2008, 04:42 PM
i'm sure its a 3 race event.
Better start practicing those driver changes in pit lane Jerry/Jay! :D

Al Fernandez
09-22-2008, 04:46 PM
My recollection was we had set a three race format except for the two months during the summer. That said, the only thread I can find on it isnt very persuasive one way or the other. Sounds like some of you would prefer four? I can talk to Clifton and see if its possible. Anyone with real strong emotions one way or another?

GlennCMC70
09-22-2008, 04:57 PM
4 for me.

ShadowBolt
09-22-2008, 04:58 PM
You know how Team Jordan feels.

JJ

mitchntx
09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I would prefer 3. I prefer more than 10-12 minutes of green flag racing that's found in a 4 race format.

For the future ...

Can we discuss changes in the qualifying procedure and eliminating the Saturday morning practice?

If we eliminate Saturday morning practice, that would allow a 20 minute qualifying session which would set the grid for R1 which would still be the Toyo race. R1 and R2 on Saturday would be 30 minute races each and R2 would be inverted from the finishing order of R1. Average R1 and R2 finishing order to set the grid for R3 on Sunday the second Toyo buck race. R3 and R4 on Sunday would each be a 40 minute races.

Saturday practice elimination would really have little effect as we're always first out on a cold, green track. Anything done to the car then will cause issue later in the day.

Those that are truly "practicing" typically buy track time on Friday.

Finally, along with this, work a deal with NASA that we could use a few minutes DE 3/4 session to bed brakes if necessary, what most people use P1 on Saturday for any way.

Just thinking out loud.

Wirtz
09-22-2008, 05:19 PM
3 or 4 is ok with me. That said, I do like having a mix of short and longer races.

michaelmosty
09-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I am happy with either 3 or 4.
In the off-season I would like to revisit the idea of 8-10's. :lol:

AI#97
09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I hope you guys are contemplating the effects of 40 minutes at ECR with regards to your brakes. ECR is supposedly harder on pads and fade than even hallett... I would suggest 4 races...

ShadowBolt
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
For the future ...

Can we discuss changes in the qualifying procedure and eliminating the Saturday morning practice?

If we eliminate Saturday morning practice, that would allow a 20 minute qualifying session which would set the grid for R1 which would still be the Toyo race. R1 and R2 on Saturday would be 30 minute races each and R2 would be inverted from the finishing order of R1. Average R1 and R2 finishing order to set the grid for R3 on Sunday the second Toyo buck race. R3 and R4 on Sunday would each be a 40 minute races.

Saturday practice elimination would really have little effect as we're always first out on a cold, green track. Anything done to the car then will cause issue later in the day.

Finally, along with this, work a deal with NASA that we could use a few minutes DE 3/4 session to bed brakes if necessary, what most people use P1 on Saturday for any way.

Just thinking out loud.

I like this idea for next year.

JJ

GlennCMC70
09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
I would prefer 3. I prefer more than 10-12 minutes of green flag racing that's found in a 4 race format.

For the future ...

Just thinking out loud.
the only thing i would change is take the sat practice way, and still run sunday qual. sunday qual is grid by the average finish of R1/2.
any race that has a payout should always have a qual to set its grid.
4 30 minute races would be awsome.

michaelmosty
09-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Agreed on both.

mitchntx
09-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Agreed on both.

I can see that.

However, using a format similar to what Nationals uses gives more racers an opportunity to be "in the money".

Right now the same few walk away with all the marbles.

Al Fernandez
09-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Alrighty then...we'll go with our standard 4 race format this weekend. Thanks Glenn for pouring over the points to make sure this decision didnt hurt anyone by mistake.

Mitch, interesting idea. We can talk about the details more, maybe come up with something for next year.

mitchntx
09-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Mitch, interesting idea. We can talk about the details more, maybe come up with something for next year.

Oh yeah ... I wasn't advocating this for the last race ... something new.

donovan
09-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Something that everyone needs to keep in mind is that NASA has explained before that its completely possible at some point we may only have two races in one weekend.

There might be a time when the car count is high enough that there is just not enough time for us to have four or three races in one weekend.

Back in 2003 and 2004 this was hot topic as Texas was getting four races and most of the other regions were only getting two races with some getting three once in a while.... we were getting twice the amount of track time for the same price as everyone else.

Over the past couple years with the Nationals being 40 minute races and car counts increasing it was discussed that we change for our standard four race format to a three race format.

Be thankful that we have what we have here in Texas for now.

I would really like to see us change the 20 minute races to at least 25 minutes so we get more than 11 minutes of track time... I think it dumb that some of our races are 6 laps...

DD

mitchntx
09-23-2008, 05:04 AM
There might be a time when the car count is high enough that there is just not enough time for us to have four or three races in one weekend.

I absolutely understand the economics and time constraints imposed during a weekend.

But the the day track time is significantly reduced and the cost of admission remains the same is the day folks will just walk away.

ShadowBolt
09-23-2008, 07:36 AM

I absolutely understand the economics and time constraints imposed during a weekend.

But the the day track time is significantly reduced and the cost of admission remains the same is the day folks will just walk away.

When (if ever) we go to two races I will take my toy and go home. There is not a lot of track time now for the money. Two races would be the end for me even if Team Jordan only had one driver.

JJ

AI#97
09-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Something that everyone needs to keep in mind is that NASA has explained before that its completely possible at some point we may only have two races in one weekend.

DD

IMHO I don't see this being a problem in the near future. With car counts dwindling in each respective series EXCEPT group 7...less track time is at thte bottom of my list of worries.

AI/CMC is the best show NASA TX has....they should give us more track time to put on the show... Just my $0.02...

Wirtz
09-23-2008, 09:13 AM
When (if ever) we go to two races I will take my toy and go home. There is not a lot of track time now for the money. Two races would be the end for me even if Team Jordan only had one driver.

That would be a shame. To repeat something DD was saying, it is a matter of keeping perspective. I can't really speak to other NASA regions, but I know from my 10+ in SCCA road racing, we have a better deal with NASA. I dug through some of my old notes, with SCCA I was getting ~ 90 minutes of track time for ~$250 ($2.77/min). With NASA it is ~ 130 minutes for ~ $305 ($2.35/min). The other advantage that is important to me is the NASA weekends are longer. Many SCCA weekends were a 25m Saturday morning qual, then a 30m Saturday race. Sunday for the regional guys would then be a 20 qual (if lucky, most events did not have Sunday qual) and a 30 minute race. So things like towing expense, hotel, food... is money you pay no matter to get to through the event. As to how all that compares to things like Drivers Edge, I don't know. I have not really run very many of their events.

If car counts were to get very big, one idea that the SanFran region SCCA used to do that I liked was they would have one group on each race weekend that was not scheduled. That then helped ensure those that were at the event got enough time. They had a large enough yearly schedule that every group would not run one event, and they would move the yearly schedules around so no one group missed the same event each year. I don't think we are anywhere near that point here though.

AllZWay
09-23-2008, 10:03 AM
3 or 4 is ok with me. That said, I do like having a mix of short and longer races.

Same here... I like a mix, but this race is closest to home for me... so I don't have to be in as big a hurry to rush home.

So whatever anyone agrees on is fine by me.

mitchntx
09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Mr. Wirtz's insight is invaluable.

No arguement here that we are now blessed with lots of track time and consequently, spoiled because of it.

With car count comes cash flow and I would hope that the fees to enter would drop proportionatly if the day comes when we're faced with a reduction in track time.

In the mean time ... enjoy!

mitchntx
09-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Steve called ECR today to find out if they were offering a Friday practice day. He wanted to know so that he could make the appropriate hotel reservations.

The track said they were "in negotiation" with NASA about a Friday TnT. Should know something next week.

roadracerwhite
09-24-2008, 09:16 PM

JJ

Comparing the amount of track time we here in the Midwest get vs what you get, it looks like we get more time with a 2 race format. I don't know that I would pack up my toy and go home.

Looking at one of your schedules vs ours (granted it depends on the track);

we get per day for 2 days
20 practice
20 qualifying
35-40 min race

around 150 minutes of tracktime for the weekend

The schedule for Texas per day for a 2 day event, and correct me if this isn't typical
15 practice
15 qualifying
20 race one
20 race two

around 140 minutes of tracktime for the weekend

factor in the time getting on and off track and you get less time at speed than we are. At lot of this depends on the track length and amount of car signed up for the event.

Do other regions have less than 140 minutes of track time per weekend?

Fbody383
09-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Hey, where are folks stayin'? Track? Hotel? Cheap hotel?

What are the options?

Do I need a passport to come that far north?

GlennCMC70
09-25-2008, 03:23 PM
i am being told there is a test day for ECR on the Friday before the race.

jeffburch
09-25-2008, 03:31 PM
SHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Dangit Glenn!

8)

jb

michaelmosty
09-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Dave, camping at the track is the way to go!!
You bringing the car or just spectating?

Fbody383
09-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Bringing "a" car... probably a rental (M3 motors cost too much and I don't want to buy another one :oops:), gotta get me some track time. May have to beg for a couple laps in a cool car.

I'm cheap so camping at the track works for me.

AllZWay
09-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I am still trying to find out if they have a shower there. If so, I'll camp out too.

GlennCMC70
09-25-2008, 05:04 PM
look for an email today from NASA TX. i'll cut and paste it to here once i see it.

rpoz27
09-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Ramada near the track was $72ish per night online. Days Inn was booked. Holiday Inn Express was $109(?).

mitchntx
09-25-2008, 07:43 PM
I am still trying to find out if they have a shower there. If so, I'll camp out too.

Probably do the same thing

AI#97
09-25-2008, 08:26 PM

If you consider a water hose a shower...you're golden. Besides, it will be october and I thought there was a man law about showering during the weekend ONLY if someone complains that you wreak?! :lol:

GlennCMC70
09-29-2008, 02:06 PM
guys/gals - lets get signed up. i saw two people signed up for AI/CMC, and about 5 total from this site. NASA needs us to get singned up ASAP please. lets get this done.

ShadowBolt
09-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Team Jordan is in.

JJ

jeffburch
09-29-2008, 03:35 PM

If you consider a water hose a shower...you're golden. Besides, it will be october and I thought there was a man law about showering during the weekend ONLY if someone complains that you wreak?! :lol:

The man law was about shaving.
Maybe they have a pond :)
I took a bath with a bar of soap in a river in Gruene,Tx. once.

MFW, you said "shower" and "golden" in the same sentence LOL!

jb

Rob Liebbe
09-29-2008, 03:35 PM
I just registered for racing and sent an e-mail for 1/2 day practice.

Thanks for the reminder Glenn.

Fbody383
09-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I signed up for DE2 - gonna need some patient, experienced CMC racers to show the would be rookie around the track. Or better yet... the MFW Vortex Driving Experience(tm)

AI#97
09-29-2008, 05:23 PM
MFW, you said "shower" and "golden" in the same sentence LOL!

jb

Yes, but correct order and separated by a comma!

My hooptie is on jackstands trying to trace an electrical gremlin...sort of perplexed at the moment and I don't see me making ECR. I will show to deliver parts and might Speak with Shannon about instructing to occupy my time and get some time on the track. Just not interested in spending money for race weekends two weeks in a row!

David Love AI27
09-30-2008, 08:39 AM

The shower/golden thing aside... is there water bibs? The reason I ask is: I am replacing my propane water heater with elec. and already have the propane one set up to run off of a bottle. I have already planned out a shower using truck mounted water tank, 12 volt camper water pump and a privy tent from camper supply. It would save me lots of time, money and space if they had water available. The biggest cost is going to be storage tank and pump... could someone get back to me ASAP... the only golden part of my shower is how much gold I'm gonna charge...

jeffburch
09-30-2008, 09:08 AM
This will be fun.
Redneck Racin' at it's finest.
Does your shower have a pop-out?
I'll bring a case of various wines if someone will bring brie/bread.
Maybe some cake LOL!

It's on my list to check out this Sat.
jb

David Love AI27
09-30-2008, 09:27 AM
This will be fun.
Maybe some cake LOL!

jb

Already PMed you on the subject... did you mean does my pop-up have a shower... no... But I was two days away from buying new pop-up with shower, toilet, fridge, stove, A/C, patio canopy and sleeps up to 6 (three full size beds)... lay off F'ed that up....

On my way to tractor supply to scope out water storage tank...

David Love AI27
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM
This will be fun.
Maybe some cake LOL!

jb

I like my wine in a box... red or white... doesn't matter... no need for glass, I got my Mason jar...

jeffburch
09-30-2008, 10:55 AM
... did you mean does my pop-up have a shower... no... But I was two days away from buying new pop-up with shower, toilet, fridge, stove, A/C, patio canopy and sleeps up to 6 (three full size beds)... lay off F'ed that up....
On my way to tractor supply to scope out water storage tank...

My bad. Slide out is what I was lookin for.
Does your shower have slide out?

jb

jeffburch
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
So,

It sounds as though most of us will be roughing it at the track.
Well, except for Team Jordan and that yahoo (team) Rob Liebbe. :)
Tents, popups, trailers and truck toppers.
Dunno how much power will be available or any other amenities for that matter.
But, I think we should plan a shindig.
Cookout and beer bust.

It's the last event of the year.
We should enjoy ourselves.
Pls post idears all.

thx,
jb

ShadowBolt
10-02-2008, 08:34 PM
So,

Cookout and beer bust.

Pls post idears all.

thx,
jb

I have 50 kva on board so if we need some power for video or music...no problem.

JJ

jeffburch
10-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Just random thoughts;

If someone can bring a grill, we could start a list of stuff to bring.
Just simple burgers/dogs/brats kinda thing.

I can bring buns of both types, paper plates, napkins, plasticware, mustard/ketchup and JW's favorite booze/mixer.

Oh, and beer :)

jb

ps
just me
(maybe Bev, dunno yet)

GlennCMC70
10-02-2008, 08:39 PM
i got a large gas grill. i can load it into the truck.

ShadowBolt
10-02-2008, 08:54 PM
I will bring a bunch of links from Taylor Meat Company. Mustard, Tobasco.....good stuff! Any idea how many we would need?

JJ

ledfoot2
10-02-2008, 09:54 PM
It sounds like you guys are going to have fun. I won't be able to make it. I have the cam out of the car right now and I am "negotiating" with LG Motorsports about how to resolve the problem.

I hope everyone has fun and is safe. I plan on making all the 2009 races!!

GlennCMC70
10-02-2008, 10:03 PM
It sounds like you guys are going to have fun. I won't be able to make it. I have the cam out of the car right now and I am "negotiating" with LG Motorsports about how to resolve the problem.

so what did the cam turn out to be?
and good luck with the "negotiating" w/ Lou.

ShadowBolt
10-02-2008, 10:07 PM

Do you want a list of people with Shit cams installed at LG? I know of three in the Austin area in C6's.

JJ

BlueFirePony
10-02-2008, 10:23 PM
So,

Cookout and beer bust.

Pls post idears all.

thx,
jb

I have 50 kva on board so if we need some power for video or music...no problem.

JJ

I can bring my projector again...not sure what we did for sound last time...mine is wired into my house so not so portable as the projector.
I'll bring some Canadian beer - I know its not Keystone but its what I have.

michaelmosty
10-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Hmmmm, what could I bring? Ahh, Keystones!!!! :lol:

Adam Ginsberg
10-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Looks like I'll miss EC next weekend folks. Have fun, be safe, and drive the wheels off dem hoopties!

I'll be headed to Thunderhill this weekend to race with the Cali-crew. We're running the track backwards, with these kind of results:

http://www.hiline-motorsports.com/dev/img/2106571386.jpg

jeffburch
10-03-2008, 04:15 AM
Better get on that hooptie about the small numbers.
California=rouge region
:D
jb

Mason
10-03-2008, 06:57 AM
American Iron folks, who all is going? OK, i'll rephrase...is anyone going? :)

We're pretty sure we have the engine problem from Mid-Ohio diagnosed and will give out best shot at a fix before the race. In any case, we'll be there and hopefully not doing laps by ourselves.

In the mean-time, off to TWS...

BlueFirePony
10-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Well, I'll be there for sure...took me a TON of planning and arm-twisting to make this happen so I am there.

cobra132
10-03-2008, 08:31 AM
I'll be there. FMR

ledfoot2
10-03-2008, 08:34 AM

so what did the cam turn out to be?
and good luck with the "negotiating" w/ Lou.

I was able to measure the lift on the cam and it looks like it is around .500(like a stock cam), not the .600 that it should be. I sent it off to Comp Cams yesterday to get them to spec out the entire cam, then I am sending it back to LG. They are saying that they will replace it, but they are already starting to waffle. They asked me if i might have accidently reinstalled the stock cam and thrown away the LG cam during the build!!!

I calmly, or as calmly as I could, said I would have to be pretty stupid to mistake a 140k stock cam for a brand new $450 cam.

I think this is going to be their defense. The cam has the model number ground off the back, so Comp Cams is going to try to identify if it is one that they ground or a true stock one.

I am going to give LG the benefit of the doubt and hope that they do the honorable thing here, but we will just have to see.

I take it, this is not the first time you guys have heard about something like this?

rpoz27
10-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I'll be there. Not racing, unless someone has a ride they want to share/rent. :(

ShadowBolt
10-03-2008, 09:14 AM
I'll be there. Not racing, unless someone has a ride they want to share/rent. :(

Maybe.....
http://lawmotorsports.net/Chassis4.htm

JJ

Fbody383
10-03-2008, 10:21 AM
I can bring buns of both types, paper plates, napkins, plasticware, mustard/ketchup and JW's favorite booze/mixer. Oh, and beer :)

I will bring a bunch of links from Taylor Meat Company. Mustard, Tobasco.....good stuff! Any idea how many we would need?

I'll grab a couple three bags of chips and some dips.

jeffburch
10-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Mmmmm,
thx but looks as though no enthusiasm.
No party spirit.
Oh well.
Maybe a run to Denton for something?
http://www.town-mall.net/restaurants/denton_restaurants.html

jb

AI#97
10-03-2008, 10:49 AM
American Iron folks, who all is going? OK, i'll rephrase...is anyone going? :)

We're pretty sure we have the engine problem from Mid-Ohio diagnosed and will give out best shot at a fix before the race. In any case, we'll be there and hopefully not doing laps by ourselves.

In the mean-time, off to TWS...

Will be there watching...no race car unless it's the lemon for testing! :lol:

michaelmosty
10-03-2008, 12:50 PM
All, I just talked to Shannon and she heard from ECR that the track surface is fixed and in great shape. Motorcycles ran out there recently and said the surface was perfect!

GlennCMC70
10-03-2008, 01:49 PM
i'm gonna bring my grill anyways. i may just want to cook for myself. 1 amn partyof 20, i dont care. me and you JB.

michaelmosty
10-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Just talked to ECR, they have 1 shower in mens room and 1 shower in womens room, open 24 hours.

jeffburch
10-03-2008, 03:16 PM
K 10-4
and the JJ's and whoever :roll: :)
jb

mitchntx
10-03-2008, 04:10 PM
As the world turns ...

Looks like I'm not gonna be there after all. Still a week to go, but things are pretty shaky right now.

BlueFirePony
10-03-2008, 06:34 PM
i'm gonna bring my grill anyways. i may just want to cook for myself. 1 amn partyof 20, i dont care. me and you JB.

My son and I will be there - we can eat for a half dozen at least. :)
Let me know what you want me to bring...we've got a bunch of loose meat hamburger that would make great burgers - maybe I'll make some of my double onion-cheese burger patties - they go really good with a couple of Molsen's....think they would be good with a Keystone or two as well Michael :D

David Love AI27
10-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Count us in... Mary, Jason and myself... we will bring beer brats and fixins for ourselves and a few others in case... I'm gonna follow Rob up on Friday morning so I will have an extra bed for JB on Friday and Sat it is a double bed if Bev decides to sleep over if he/they make other arrangements then it will be available for someone else... I'm still bringing ice and gonna do the shower deal for future camping and/or race weekends... I'm usually camping 1/2 mile from the showers so I wanna test my idea...

marshall_mosty
10-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday to instruct and watch.

Al Fernandez
10-04-2008, 06:53 AM
That sucks Mitch.

We're in JB. I'm bringing the girls this time too. I'm sure the little girls would prefer to run around the paddock than be in a restaurant!

jeffburch
10-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Can you spell brake management boys and girls?
Yup, fade.
Is there a better fluid than SRF? :shock:
If you don't have ducting, you'll regret it.

jb

ps, WiFi works in the upper paddock which we MUST have.
Save me a spot friday please!

ledfoot2
10-04-2008, 11:56 AM
That sucks Mitch.

We're in JB. I'm bringing the girls this time too. I'm sure the little girls would prefer to run around the paddock than be in a restaurant!

Hey Al,

How many people usually bring kids to races? I have 4 kids andI know they would love someone to play with.

Rayman

GlennCMC70
10-04-2008, 04:20 PM
both my girls will be there around 12 or so.

jeffburch
10-04-2008, 05:36 PM
some fotos in here
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/ECR_trackday/

With the south wind 10-20 and high of 90 or so, it was pretty dusty.
Not visible dust but gritty nontheless.
I got 4 thirty min sessions for a buck-fiddy.
Inside the 3rd one my arms/hands started locking/cramping up.
Getting too old.

Oh, once again, GOT BRAKES?
You better find them.
Even with cooling, they don't get the chance to cool.
Go, STOP. Go, stop, Go stop. Go stop.
Club track, technical. Doesn't flow. 3rd-4th gear.
Several blind rises. Corner stands all over the place.
I went off twice at the end of the straights and it was flat off track out there but along side the straights it was like a bar ditch. Goes down then back up like for drainage. :shock: :roll:
I'm not a fan of the place.

The mens room had 1 shower stall with a private dressing area for you modest types :roll:
Coulda made 3 showers with the sq. footage wasted.
4 shitters, 2 standups and 2 sinks/mirror ( for shaving/primpng LOL).

Didn't see any power, water or any hook ups.
Paddock space is 70-80 feet deep, on gravel with asphalt access.

Grill was closed. They went to Subway and got the BIG sandwiches.
I figger it'll be open for our show.

May have forgotten something, dunno, ask if so.

jb

BlueFirePony
10-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Paddock space is 70-80 feet deep, on gravel with asphalt access
jb
I doubt I will be the first one there, but in case I am, I was thinking the area called "Staff Parking" on the ECR map is where we'd be making our land grab.
JB, is that what you are referring to as the 70-80 ft deep, on gravel??
I know where we parked was paved and I seem to recall its a lot deeper...we had at least 10 cars lined up with plenty of room beside one another and the other half of the parking was empty...its all paved with a bunch of grass leading up a sharp, short hill to what the map calls "Grid". :?:
I think picture *093.jpg* from your pix is where we parked.

Anyway, who all is racing? Sounds like 3 in AI? 6 in CMC/2? Lots of moral support/drinking buddies? :lol:

jeffburch
10-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Yes.
On that map labeled "staff parking" is the upper paddock we parked in and the gravel/asphalt one I described previously.
Just to the east of grid in blue on the map.
Please get me a spot as far south as possible (wifi).
Thanks Mon.
jb

BlueFirePony
10-04-2008, 07:11 PM
I just looked through more of your pix...looks like they paved the grass btw where we parked and the steps up to the grid. That adds lots more pavement.
OK, we have a target...tally ho

Alien
10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
I finally got signed up, so save me a paddock spot. No practice for me. Will be bringing the girlfriend so I'm grabbing a hotel closeby.

Can you spell brake management boys and girls?
Yup, fade.

40 minute race should be fun :shock:

I can bring a few 12 packs of sodas for the non-drinkers for the feast. Coke, DP, any other preferences?

Spent today replacing the rear main seal that I've been putting off doing, leak was getting progressively worse. Now just to figure out what's wrong with the fuel pump that konk'd out at an autocross last week. Hope to find that solution tomorrow.

Alien
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
oops, double post

BlueFirePony
10-04-2008, 10:12 PM
It'll be great finally being on track with you again Gary....this event will mark almost a year to the date from when you and I first met in Houston when we were but hopeful license seekers.
I don't expect we'll see a Lotus spin out in front of us this time :D

Al Fernandez
10-05-2008, 05:32 AM
No 40...four 20s this weekend. That will help the brake issue :D

Rayman...not too many, but the ones that do seem to bring them all the time. Glenn and Jeff W both bring their little girls all the time.

Thanks for the pictures JB!

mitchntx
10-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Well, another drama free day. I guess folks are dinking water and all the alcohol is sweat out of their system. Looking good for the weekend ...

However, core reload begins tomorrow afternoon.

BryanL
10-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the update and pics JB. Now I am worried my pads won't make it through the 3 days. Anyone that has some spare Carbotechs bring em. Looks like the pit area is in a little better shape than in May. Don't think the flex base was there on both sides of the asphalt.
How was the surface? Breaking up anywhere? What kind of lap times did you turn? Who put on the event or was it just a club day? What was in the big GM semi?
Grill was open for lunch when I was there for CVAR but it wasn't anything special-just burgers and dogs.

jeffburch
10-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the update and pics JB. Now I am worried my pads won't make it through the 3 days. Anyone that has some spare Carbotechs bring em. Looks like the pit area is in a little better shape than in May. Don't think the flex base was there on both sides of the asphalt.
How was the surface? Breaking up anywhere? What kind of lap times did you turn? Who put on the event or was it just a club day? What was in the big GM semi?
Grill was open for lunch when I was there for CVAR but it wasn't anything special-just burgers and dogs.

I plan on using a used set with about 2/3 remaining.
That should be ok for Sat/Sun.

Not breaking up though the patches and black sealer are slick.
The braking zone into T7 is rough on line (track rt) but ok just left of line.

It was an ECR track day. Cars on Sat. bikes on Sun.
The semi was a contractor to support GM track R&D stuff.
They had everything imaginable in there for trackside support.
They were headed to Laguna and won't be there for us.

My 1st session I did a 2:08 flat.
My 4th session I did a 2:07.11
CMC fast lap I predict will be in the 05's.
AI differential will be higher than normal due to all the brake/accel zones.

jb

AI#97
10-05-2008, 02:33 PM
did some minor futzing with the car today...seems like the starting issue is the connector on the solenoid on the starter. I have a spare starter and may throw that in the car as a test, but things are looking better for ECR for MFW. Besides, I need to have another track record with my name on it! ;)

NickV
10-05-2008, 07:34 PM
I'll be up Friday early afternoon hopefully. Gotta get through Austin before the crap Friday traffic begins (does the crap traffic ever end in Austin?) :?

I'll be up running HPDE, workin' towards the goal of CMC! :D

Thanks for the pics, JB, and the news on the brakes :shock:

I'm up for some grillin' and such, let me know what you want me to bring!

See you guys there!

BlueFirePony
10-05-2008, 07:53 PM
...things are looking better for ECR for MFW. Besides, I need to have another track record with my name on it! ;)
Woo hoo ...AI car count up to 4!! Or am i missing someone?

So where does that put us for car count in CMC/2?

jeffburch
10-05-2008, 08:31 PM
We need stuff to grill.
Fixin's and such.
I'm shopping for Schlitz beer this week when I go for the stuff I said I'd bring.

Also, forgot to mention the tumble weeds and big bugs.
Bugs the size of hummingbirds all over the grill.
Tumble weeds blowing all over the track.

Also, Denton traffic can be a nitemare due to the 2 35's coming together.
I recommend going 287 thru Decatur up FM 51.
On business 287 on the west side of the hwy keep an eye out for a piece of Americana, the Petrified Wood Station and Cafe. A 40's or 50's era gas station, cafe and moter inn with historical marker. Rt. 66 type site to see.
Regardless, don't do 35E thru Dallas, go thru FW.

jb

Rob Liebbe
10-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Is 287 a surface street or highway as it goes west from 35W? Should 35 be all that bad late morning on Friday? My route plan is 45N to 287 north of Corsicana, past Mansfield, through Ft. Worth to 35W North to Denton, Sanger, Track. Any comments?

I plan on getting there by noon on Friday. Circle the wagons and save me a spot for the RV and trailer.

Car is going to be interesting with an untested poor man's three-link.

Thanks for the heads up on the brake ducts Burch. I also talked to Daron Cooke who confirmed Jeff's opinions. Get your "ducts" in a row. I'll be putting the finishing touches on mine tomorrow.

If the bugs are as big as birds, do we really need to bring stuff to grill?

BryanL
10-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Rob-I think you should be fine at that time of day since you are coming through FW.

Just registered and saw we are running CW and the normal direction is CCW? JB which direction did you run?

I secured my ducts today after loosing some brackets to lose some weight. I'm not far off from being under next years CMC2 rules. Car is loaded in the trailer and ready to go.

Cookout fri or sat or both? Need to see a schedule.

CMC2 fast lap should be in the 2:04's then 8) Will this be the first weekend that CMC2 grids in front of CMC based on Qual? I'm coming after all you guys like Petruzulli came after Kimbo Slice :twisted:

GlennCMC70
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Is 287 a surface street or highway as it goes west from 35W? Should 35 be all that bad late morning on Friday? My route plan is 45N to 287 north of Corsicana, past Mansfield, through Ft. Worth to 35W North to Denton, Sanger, Track. Any comments?

I plan on getting there by noon on Friday. Circle the wagons and save me a spot for the RV and trailer.

Car is going to be interesting with an untested poor man's three-link.

Thanks for the heads up on the brake ducts Burch. I also talked to Daron Cooke who confirmed Jeff's opinions. Get your "ducts" in a row. I'll be putting the finishing touches on mine tomorrow.

If the bugs are as big as birds, do we really need to bring stuff to grill?

dont go that route Rob. use JB's directions. 287 is a 4 lane divided hwy. hwy 455 off I-35 in Sanger is a turd with alot of narrow bridges and tight switch backs.

just north of loop 820 on I-35W is the 287 split. follow 287 to Decator. take this to 380 and go east of 380 for a mile and north on 51 for 10-12 miles. track is on the left just south of hwy 455 (Slidel). thereis NOTHING in Slidel. Sanger is a hole. Decator is the best for just about anything.

BryanL
10-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Sanger has a good mexican restaurant-Migeulitos and Babe's Chicking. Not as much of a hole as that town west of Weatherford.

AllZWay
10-06-2008, 07:54 AM
I should get there Friday before noon.

I may just camp at the track since they have a shower.

I am in for grilling.

GlennCMC70
10-06-2008, 08:03 AM
i'm thinking of camping Friday night.

BlueFirePony
10-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Rob-I think you should be fine at that time of day since you are coming through FW.

Just registered and saw we are running CW and the normal direction is CCW? JB which direction did you run?

I secured my ducts today after loosing some brackets to lose some weight. I'm not far off from being under next years CMC2 rules. Car is loaded in the trailer and ready to go.

Cookout fri or sat or both? Need to see a schedule.

CMC2 fast lap should be in the 2:04's then 8) Will this be the first weekend that CMC2 grids in front of CMC based on Qual? I'm coming after all you guys like Petruzulli came after Kimbo Slice :twisted:

We are running CW? That's gonna make T5 and T8 interesting from what I remember...
T11 will be hard(er) on the brakes...and T6 will be a bit faster...man I might be able to break a 2' time :D
Assuming the brakes hold up and I stay on course :shock:

jeffburch
10-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm sure it's a typo.

Starter stand is near T1.
Pit in/out are bad enough in ccw.

jb

Rob Liebbe
10-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Maybe I missed it, but is there a schedule yet?

GlennCMC70
10-06-2008, 10:20 AM
i emailed Clifton for the direction of travel.
there is a schedule, but it was kicked back for a minor change. i havent seen an update.

Alien
10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
For those camping out...

Sat Oct 11
Scattered T-Storms
73° 57°
40%

Sun Oct 12
Scattered T-Storms
72° 56°
60%

michaelmosty
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Wow, 40% chance on Sat. and 60% on Sunday. Looks like we might get a rain-race this year. :shock:

Looks like all Glenn's experience at Nationals in the rain might pay off.

AI#97
10-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Wow, 40% chance on Sat. and 60% on Sunday. Looks like we might get a rain-race this year. :shock:

Looks like all Glenn's experience at Nationals in the rain might pay off.

Haha!! I might get more than just a qual session for these tires I bought! Yippee!!! sign me up for the rain!

If it is going to rain, your biggest problem is going to be the windshield fogging up! Ask us how we know!

David Love AI27
10-06-2008, 12:50 PM
For those camping out...

Sat Oct 11
Scattered T-Storms
73° 57°
40%

Sun Oct 12
Scattered T-Storms
72° 56°
60%

NICE... no need for AC in the camper and I can use the rain tires since I used up the "thin to win" tires at TDE this last weekend...

Daron, thanks for the underhanded compliment this weekend when you asked "who was driving my car"...

AllZWay
10-06-2008, 12:59 PM
If we have to run in the rain....I might as well not show up. My tires are so bad for the dry, they would never make it in the rain.

Start the no rain dance... :shock:

GlennCMC70
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Clifton said CCW.
James, you gotta show up or i get 3rd in points!

AllZWay
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Clifton said CCW.

If it rains... you will get it anyway. Slicks in the rain in an F-body don't work. :shock: :shock:

michaelmosty
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Not if I have anything to say about it!! :evil:

If history holds true:
2006 - 1 rain race
2007 - 1 rain race
2008 - none yet????

GlennCMC70
10-06-2008, 02:06 PM
you have no chance. :twisted:

jeffburch
10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Can I run R3/8's in the rain?
:D
jb

BlueFirePony
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Hmm, rain for my first race and no rain tires. There goes my 2 minute lap time :evil:

GlennCMC70
10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
FYI - the only time you need rain tires is for STANDING water. if the trackis wet but has no standing water, your better off on slicks.
also, no need for full treads on the rear. put your best tires on the front and have a ball.

GlennCMC70
10-06-2008, 03:37 PM
also - never pass up a chance to drive in the rain. i can understand being nervous about racing in the rain, and if thats the case, move to HPDE for the rain sessions. you will learn a ton in the wet. you will not realize it untill you get back out on the dry. you have no idea what smooth is untill you have to be smooth in the wet. that includes brake, gas, and steering inputs.

AllZWay
10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Despite the BS Glenn is trying to sell about rain racing... It is not fun.

It goes against everything you think you want to do when racing...which is go fast. You must go slow doing everything.... and even just small puddles screw you up on slicks. :evil:

However... The drifting is big fun...which we all know is not racing. :lol:

GlennCMC70
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
entry list:
Brian Calder American Iron
frank robertson American Iron
Jeff Burch CMC
Jerry Jordan CMC
Rob Liebbe CMC
James Proctor CMC
Gary Robertson CMC
Jeff Wirtz CMC
Bryan Leinart CMC2
Steve Mulder CMC2
greg hughes Competition License
Jeremiah Kellam Competition License
Jim Dulaney HPDE2
David Francis HPDE2
Nicholas Valentin HPDE4

keep in mind comp'ed drivers will not be on this list. that should include but not limited to:
Glenn Landrum
Al Frenandez
David Donovon
Mitch Warren
Michael Mosty

i'm sure there are some names missing. i'm sure i missed names. if you are a current CMC or future CMC/AI racer, do your best to park w/ the group.

as a side note..... Nick Steele's former 4th gen CMC car is now here in the region and will likely be racing w/ us soon enough. a guy by the name of Chuck Shibe???? has purchased a T2 4th gen and preping it for CMC(2). he's been running the car at a few local events all the while converting it from T2 to CMC. he may show up this weekend. he will be w/ us in '09. i'm surei'mmissing a few names like Ross and some other unknown's.

AI#97
10-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Despite the BS Glenn is trying to sell about rain racing... It is not fun.

It goes against everything you think you want to do when racing...which is go fast. You must go slow doing everything.... and even just small puddles screw you up on slicks. :evil:

However... The drifting is big fun...which we all know is not racing. :lol:

I seem to recall doing over 130mph at Mid Ohio in the rain, and even did it sideways a couple times...

Having seen the skills of most of the people in our run group, I don't know that learning smooth in the rain would do much good...they are already pretty damn good/smooth. What it will get you is experience for when NOT running in the rain is NOT an option. At nationals, I had no choice but to run, decided to just survive and I would say that Friday was the most terrifying time I have ever had in a car and that included this weekend in a Gallardo as an instructor with an idiot that would not listen to "Slow the fuck down". However, I did it....did it well and will never shy away from driving in the wet again! Just be smart and no hero stuff and you will be fine. Besides, the weather report is going to change 19 times before friday! :lol:

BlueFirePony
10-06-2008, 07:15 PM
also - never pass up a chance to drive in the rain. i can understand being nervous about racing in the rain, and if thats the case, move to HPDE for the rain sessions. you will learn a ton in the wet. you will not realize it untill you get back out on the dry. you have no idea what smooth is untill you have to be smooth in the wet. that includes brake, gas, and steering inputs.

Oh hey...not worried about driving in the rain...I grew up driving on ice and learned to respect the driving conditions no matter what.
I was just looking forward to alternating fastest laps with Matt :P

rpoz27
10-06-2008, 08:00 PM
i'm sure there are some names missing. i'm sure i missed names. if you are a current CMC or future CMC/AI racer, do your best to park w/ the group.

as a side note..... Nick Steele's former 4th gen CMC car is now here in the region and will likely be racing w/ us soon enough. a guy by the name of Chuck Shibe???? has purchased a T2 4th gen and preping it for CMC(2). he's been running the car at a few local events all the while converting it from T2 to CMC. he may show up this weekend. he will be w/ us in '09. i'm surei'mmissing a few names like Ross and some other unknown's.

Forgot Daron/Mason. Rumor has it that R King may be prepped and there.

Chuck was planning on being at ECR as of last weekend. From what I've seen, he's a super nice guy, clean driver, and good instructor. He should fit in just fine.

BTW, I have scrubs, rains, and brand new 4/32 shaved tires in 17" sizes, if anyone needs them. I can probably squeeze a set of something in the truck. PM if needy and we'll discuss terms.

jeffburch
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
COME ON!

Where the schedule?
It's late monday already :roll:

jb

GlennCMC70
10-06-2008, 09:14 PM
here is what i got last week. times should not change.
R3 was listed as a roller, but i submitted to Clifton to make it a standing. i corrected this copy.

attachment removed.

David Love AI27
10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
I tried to register on the national site and it would not take my information... sent email to regional office with no response... guess I gotta wait till we get there... plan is for Jason to race on Sat. and wrap up 2nd overall in AIX and I will race on Sunday... I have TWO sets of RA1s 255/50/16s... bring on the Tstorms...

gt40
10-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Rumor has it that R King may be prepped and there.Lies, all lies!!!

Perhaps... :wink:

Waco Racer
10-07-2008, 08:57 AM
here is what i got last week. times should not change.
R3 was listed as a roller, but i submitted to Clifton to make it a standing. i corrected this copy.

There's a reason that you are not to release a preliminary schedule. The times on Sunday are changing.

rpoz27
10-07-2008, 09:00 AM

You can doooo eet!

And if your driving muscles are atrophied from too long a hiatus, just let me know. I could be convinced to give you a break for a race. Minimal arm twisting involved. :lol:

GlennCMC70
10-07-2008, 09:01 AM
my bad. sorry guys.

AI#97
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
the 1 minute glance at the points I just did seems I have a chance to drive around Frank for Second place....guess I have no choice but to show up now! :twisted:

mitchntx
10-07-2008, 01:44 PM
For those camping out...

Sat Oct 11
Scattered T-Storms
73° 57°
40%

Sun Oct 12
Scattered T-Storms
72° 56°
60%

It appears the threat has been reduced to just 20%

But it has been moving back and forth all week.

gt40
10-07-2008, 02:05 PM

You can doooo eet!

And if your driving muscles are atrophied from too long a hiatus, just let me know. I could be convinced to give you a break for a race. Minimal arm twisting involved. :lol:If I get on the track, I may just not come back in -- ever. It's been a LONG time...

ShadowBolt
10-07-2008, 04:07 PM
If we have to run in the rain....I might as well not show up. My tires are so bad for the dry, they would never make it in the rain.

Start the no rain dance... :shock:

Track driving (nevermind racing) sucks in the rain!

JJ

Adam Ginsberg
10-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Track driving (nevermind racing) sucks in the rain!

I learned more in one day of rain driving @ MSRC than ~4 years of dry driving.

Wet driving, as well as wet racing, and being comfortable doing so, is HUGE. Don't shy away from it - embrace it, be challenged by it, and DO IT!!!

mitchntx
10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Things are looking good for the 9 car. I've got it ready to load, gassed up and wiped off.

Save me a spot ... will be there sometime Friday PM.

I did an inventory and have a tote full of sporks, napkins, etc. There is a couple stacks of plates, maybe about 30 total or so.

Also, snagged a couple packages of beer brats ...

jeffburch
10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I have a hankerin' for some little Opa's Jap sausages wink-wink :wink: :wink:
Oh, and a double onion burger , <BBbbuuuurrrrrrppppp>
Are double onion burgers good on onion buns LOL?
Sounds good with a Schlitz huh?

jb

mitchntx
10-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Who is coming that has a passenger seat? A co-worker wants to go for a ride ...

Just remember, I need her at work on Monday morning ...

GlennCMC70
10-08-2008, 08:54 AM

is she hot? i'll put a seat in if she's hot. :wink:

AI#97
10-08-2008, 09:11 AM

Hey, that's my line!

if she is really hot she an ride in my lap!

mitchntx
10-08-2008, 09:45 AM

Hey, that's my line!

I need her at work on Monday morning ...

She's a typical PR, marketing type geek.

michaelmosty
10-08-2008, 09:48 AM

Hey, that's my line!

That could be either bad or REALLY REALLY good! :D

I need her at work on Monday morning ...

She's a typical PR, marketing type geek.

Fbody383
10-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Wet driving, as well as wet racing, and being comfortable doing so, is HUGE. Don't shy away from it - embrace it, be challenged by it, and DO IT!!!

Second that - I had a blast at a DE in the rain. Really makes you pay attention to the car.

mitchntx
10-08-2008, 09:57 AM
I also invited her to stay for the Saturday evening festivities, but she tends bar and has to work.

Oh and she graduated from Baylor ...

AI#97
10-08-2008, 10:58 AM
That could be either bad or REALLY REALLY good! :D

I never said it would be IN the car!

Mitch, if she went to Baylor, she is probably cute and has parents that are loaded! ;)

both are traits I look for in a woman! :lol:

Alien
10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
It appears the threat has been reduced to just 20%

But it has been moving back and forth all week.
NICE! I told my girlfriend not to wash her car this week and have been putting a coat of RainX on Knockers windows each day. My no-rain dance is working! :D

Mitch, if she went to Baylor, she is probably cute and has parents that are loaded!

both are traits I look for in a woman!
That just means she has been brought up expecting someone else to pay for her stuff :shock:

AI#97
10-08-2008, 12:30 PM
That just means she has been brought up expecting someone else to pay for her stuff :shock:

Hey! I have no problem springin' for breakfast....and a cab! ;)

Wirtz
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
So, I forget, is anyone bring some movies or the projection gear?

AI#97
10-09-2008, 05:42 PM
So, I forget, is anyone bring some movies or the projection gear?

and a generator...there isn't any power so make sure the sound system can overpower the generator sound!
:lol:

jeffburch
10-09-2008, 06:00 PM
:idea:
Actually our soiree can happen on the lower or upper level of the club house.
It's a couple hundred feet from the upper paddock. (see my pics)
There's gotta be an outlet there somewhere to plug a system into I'd think.
We can prolly pull the grill up under there.

jb

Wirtz
10-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Cool, I threw my projector and speakers in truck where there would have been a car seat, so if we can find power, I think I can play movies or race footage.

Rob Liebbe
10-09-2008, 08:24 PM
We can run a/c off the generator in one of the rv's. We've shown movies on the side of mine before.

I have one extension cord. We may need another or a splitter.

AI#97
10-09-2008, 08:38 PM
dont' forget the patch cables for whatever you bring! LOL!!!

Wirtz
10-09-2008, 09:23 PM
I have the cables I need (I hope), and I may have found some fun stuff to watch. Anyone else like to follow the WRC events?

BryanL
10-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I just got off the phone with Jerry. He is already at the track with his RV. Though 'Country' made him park down at the bottom because they have too many big rigs coming in? I think thats pretty sorry. That may motivate me to leave early and get out there when the gates open and pull in there and take up as much space as possible in the top pits.

Any reasons why Jerry shouldn't be allowed to park up there?

Chuck
10-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I am in! Every thing worked out for me come out and play!

I should arrive Friday about noon.

Chuck Penney
CMC #14

BryanL
10-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Talked to Jerry and Mulder was told the same thing earlier today. They are parking the DE guys up by grid. So if that holds true looks like we could be down at the bottom of the track.
FYI-it is a hike up to grid from the bottom-pit bikes could really come in handy for those lazy farts like me.

Great to hear it Chuck. You should really talk to the mustang guys about their new setups that they are running. Jerry loves his and now Rob and Mosty are running the same setups.
I ain't worried about the Keystone cop and his big wing though. I took off my windshield wipers which should easily give me another second per lap.

michaelmosty
10-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Great to hear it Chuck. You should really talk to the mustang guys about their new setups that they are running. Jerry loves his and now Rob and Mosty are running the same setups.
I ain't worried about the Keystone cop and his big wing though. I took off my windshield wipers which should easily give me another second per lap.
The Mustang guys are already talking setup on the cars.
Keystone cop, haha. :lol: Try and hang in the braking zones with your heavy beast and I'll give ya a beer, don't draft me though. :wink:

I'm off to bed, see ya'll bright and early tomorrow!!

jeffburch
10-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Anyone have a 3/8 course HeliCoil repair kit they can bring?
I need two inserts and the kit (drill/tap/insertion tool).
I hate spending $40+ for those things (but will).
thx,
jb

p.s.
I'm bringing some beer to share.
will bring the moped

GlennCMC70
10-10-2008, 06:18 AM
i do. its already loaded.

AI#97
10-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Talked to Jerry and Mulder was told the same thing earlier today. They are parking the DE guys up by grid.

So all 9 of the DE guys are taking up the entire fucking grid...? Big rigs? since when?! Is this wishful thinking or have the roaches come out of the wood work because it's a new track? Funny how the premier series in texas gets put at the bottom of the hill in the drainage pit....

jeffburch
10-10-2008, 07:20 AM
i do. its already loaded.
Thx man.
That's forty I'll spend on beer/ice today :wink:
jb

Fbody383
10-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Talked to Jerry and Mulder was told the same thing earlier today. They are parking the DE guys up by grid.

So all 9 of the DE guys are taking up the entire fucking grid...? Big rigs? since when?!

Cause that's how we roll.

DE2 Baby!

AI#97
10-10-2008, 10:07 AM

So all 9 of the DE guys are taking up the entire fucking grid...? Big rigs? since when?!

Cause that's how we roll.

DE2 Baby!

guess I should change my registration to DE then!

bottom line, which paddock is closest to the INDOOR shitters?! That's where I want to pit.

donovan
10-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Have fun... Let me know how the drag races go! :D

DD

jeffburch
10-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Yup.
1/4 mi. drag race, turn around, repeat, rinse, repeat, repeat.
Parking down the hill?
This place my trump ya'lls feelings about MSRH LOL. :shock:

jb

AI#97
10-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Have fun... Let me know how the drag races go! :D

DD

Pussy! :lol: You and I are like 30 points apart for the season and have a chance to pass Frank who is sitting pretty good in second right now. Would be a nice 3 way race for 2nd place, but nooooo. You want to spectate! :P LOL!!!! Get that hooptie hooked up to the truck...I know it's still sitting in the trailer!!!! Besides, you need some more testing on the SLA!!! :lol:

AI#97
10-10-2008, 12:35 PM
This place my trump ya'lls feelings about MSRH LOL. :shock:

jb

about them being Nazi's or just general track layout? I like Houston as I think it turned out to be a better race track than I thought back in 2005....? :?

donovan
10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Spent two days out of town this week... got in late last night... busy all day today... just no time.

Car is dirty, I'm tired...

DD