PDA

View Full Version : You never know.....

NASA13
05-09-2006, 09:07 PM
.....what you had until it's gone!
I miss racing and I miss ALL you disfunctional f@%&s! YES, even Glenn and Matt. :P
As some of you know and others have figured out, I started flying full time again.
I had a really good job opportunity arise which landed me as the chief pilot of an Austin flight department which has a Citation, a 182, a mechanic and another pilot/contract pilots. Unfortunately it also came with much less free time. I already missed one race and I am scheduled to miss the next. Lucky for Eric and Todd! :lol: I didnt want to say much because I was hopeful I would make enough races to have a run at the Championship, but now I am very certain that I will not be a contender.
I enjoyed the race writeup and all I can say is I hope ya'll can catch Eric and give him a good run this year. You all are getting very fast and I can only hope that I can keep up when I get back out there. No I will not be selling the car (yet). I believe that I will have some freedom soon that will allow me to take some time off for racing as I get settled in my new role. The airplane may be "broken" alot during race weekends. Lisa and the kids and Charlie send their best!
I guess this will give me an excuse to throw an engine in the Musterd and show ya'll what an AI powered CMC car can do.
See you guys asap
Later
Corey

chris-CMC#35
05-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Congratulations! Life is full of yin and yang, but it's like Tom Robbins once said: "the great thing about scrambled eggs is they're always sunnyside up."

Good luck.

-chris

marshall_mosty
05-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Congrats about the full-time gig Corey. Flying, much like racing, is a passion that you get paid to do... most people only wish to be that lucky.

Mike Bell
05-10-2006, 06:24 AM
CR,

Radios are often maintenance items - can't fly without them right? ;)

NORDO - works every time.

mitchntx
05-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Life certainly does get in the way, sometimes, eh?

Windows of oppurtunity will open up.

CMC17
05-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Dang Corey... you just had to go get a full time job eh? LOL

Seriously, congratz!!!!!

Downside is that the GM boyz are running amuck. We need more Pony cars to help turn the tide!!!! :D

Hope to see you out there soon.

michaelmosty
05-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Corey,
Glad to hear the job is keeping you busy, more $$ for the race car. 8)
Now don't be afraid to get that purdy paint scuffed. :shock:
Hope to see ya out on the track soon.

chicane23
05-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Congrats my friend!!!

You were and will be missed!

NASA13
05-12-2006, 10:36 PM
sniffle sniffle
Ironic ;that when you can afford to race you dont have time, and when you have time, you cant afford it.
I will try to get some seat time when I am not flying and see if can keep my lap times somewhere near Burchs??? Near like within a few seconds.