PDA

View Full Version : Koni Strut Problem

Rob Liebbe
11-09-2008, 07:36 PM
While working on my car this weekend, I noticed that the paasenger front strut had no resistance in compression. :shock: Upon further investigation I found that the top cap of the strut body had come loose. :shock: :shock: Actually very loose and almost unscrewed. :shock: :shock: :shock: These are Koni double adjustable struts for Mustang with a supposed lifetime warranty. However the Koni website states that motorsports voids the warranty on these particular parts. Guess I'll give them a call.

Anybody else have any experience/suggestions?

AI#97
11-09-2008, 10:17 PM
While working on my car this weekend, I noticed that the paasenger front strut had no resistance in compression. :shock: Upon further investigation I found that the top cap of the strut body had come loose. :shock: :shock: Actually very loose and almost unscrewed. :shock: :shock: :shock: These are Koni double adjustable struts for Mustang with a supposed lifetime warranty. However the Koni website states that motorsports voids the warranty on these particular parts. Guess I'll give them a call.

Anybody else have any experience/suggestions?

Call em, play dumb and ask about the warranty. Clean the shock up really well and send it to them.

ShadowBolt
11-10-2008, 08:24 AM
I have the exact same issue. Wayne thought it may have been caused by the strut hitting the hood. The right side was hitting kinda hard. I lost the ability to adjust the right shock at ECR so I removed it yesterday and have almost no compression resistance at all (I do have some). From talking to John you might as well send it in to a repair shop and it may cost as much as a new one.

JJ