PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Lemons Schedule...mostly!

AI#97
11-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Here's what's been locked down so far:

Feb 28-March 1: MSR Houston, Angleton TX
Apr 4-5: Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC
June 6-7: No Problem Raceway, Belle Rose LA
July 11-12: Stafford Motor Speedway, Stafford Springs CT
Sept 12-13: Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC
Oct 24-25: MSR Houston, Angleton TX
Nov 21-22: Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows CA
Hope to see you next year, best regards & etc & so forth--JL

More are in the works in Detroit and Kali... I think the AI car may have just been put on the shelf for 2009!!! Anyone up for a return to No Problem?

michaelmosty
11-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Wow, looks like there may be alot of racing next year!!

David Love AI27
11-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Anyone up for a return to No Problem?

Have camper and driving suit... will travel...

AllZWay
11-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Where do you find the rules regarding building a car and safety rules for a lemons car?

I think I could get enough people local to build a car or at least provide a car, but I don't know the rules around the cage or saftey requirements of suits and helmets.

Most of the guys I know locally don't have very good saftey clothing or helmets....since dirt racing is really lax in that area.

David Love AI27
11-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Where do you find the rules regarding building a car and safety rules for a lemons car?

I think I could get enough people local to build a car or at least provide a car, but I don't know the rules around the cage or saftey requirements of suits and helmets.

Most of the guys I know locally don't have very good saftey clothing or helmets....since dirt racing is really lax in that area.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com

and the rules are in there including safety equip... check with Costas, I believe they all wore bikinis under their driver suits

cobra132
11-16-2008, 10:40 AM
I cannot make the Feb date, I have to go to a C.D. concert. Lets plan for the same team, different theme, in oct. FMR

michaelmosty
11-16-2008, 10:42 AM
James, as David said it is all on their website somewhere.
In short it is very close to safety standards of NASA. The cage requirements are not quite as much as NASA but the general design is similar. You still need a master disconnect, window and side nets are optional, and personal safety equipment is the same as NASA. You can either wear a HANS or a neck-collar.

Other than that, get a pile of crap and have fun! :D

marshall_mosty
11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
I cannot make the Feb date, I have to go to a C.D. concert. Lets plan for the same team, different theme, in oct. FMR

Frank is a funny man... haha.

michaelmosty
11-16-2008, 12:57 PM
What does C.D. mean?

Oh, Celine Dion, isn't that the concert Marshall decided to go to instead of the LeMons race? :lol:

Rob Liebbe
11-16-2008, 08:48 PM
What does C.D. mean?

Or Cranial Discharge - which is what you get after 2 minutes at a Celine Dion show!!!!!

AI#97
11-16-2008, 08:59 PM

You should have been around Saturday night at ECR....that line he cracked off still has me f'n laughing!!!

David Love AI27
11-16-2008, 09:21 PM

I'm in... gonna get sliding tethers on Hans so I can turn head enough to see corner stations... not gonna go hunting for bear again...

If Frank really can't make the Feb. event, I'm available and I bet Jason would drive... he did a good job at the last event...

cobra132
11-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Sorry MM, I couldn't help it, Its your brothers fault. FMR

mitchntx
11-17-2008, 09:38 AM

You should have been around Saturday night at ECR....that line he cracked off still has me f'n laughing!!!

The one where he asked if you were really gay? Or was it a different one?

8)

AI#97
11-17-2008, 10:51 AM

8)

is that all you got? you are slippin' in your old age there Bitch...I mean Mitch! :lol:

mitchntx
11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
LOL ... it's still early

marshall_mosty
11-17-2008, 12:29 PM

8)

You mean Michael being gay???

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1280/3889/148116.jpg

michaelmosty
11-17-2008, 01:15 PM
You Fucker, it's on now. I'll get a good pic. of you. :twisted:

David Love AI27
11-17-2008, 01:45 PM

8)

It is times like this, I'm glad I never had a brother

Sorry, Michael, could not resist doing a copy of the pic... guess all the keystones in the world can get me outta this one...

Rob Liebbe
11-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Now wait a minute Michael. Did someone force you into that outfit, or did you do it willingly?

David Love AI27
11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
You Fucker, it's on now. I'll get a good pic. of you. :twisted:

dude, if you have something worse than that it might need to be posted on another forum....

Glad the season starts early, I liked it better when the personal attacks were related to driving styles and beer choices...

AllZWay
11-17-2008, 01:55 PM
That picture is awesome..... about as bad as going to a Celine Dion concert. :lol:

jeffburch
11-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Caption Contest

"Do you want some more beans Mr Taggert?"

Or his new nickname Mike "Ratso Rizzo" Mosty

jb

ShadowBolt
11-17-2008, 02:49 PM

8)

You can't sleep in my motorhome anymore!!!!!!TEX

JJ

Rob Liebbe
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Or mine!!!! Maybe a tent up on a mountain.....

AllZWay
11-18-2008, 04:14 PM
You guys that have Lemons cars might want to come and race it on dirt.
The local track is starting a brand new class this year that will be IMCA sanctioned.

Front wheel drive only cars....with a $1500 claim value.

2009 Sport Compact

Revised October 2008. Revisions/clarifications underlined, recommendations italicized. Refer to Official 2009 IMCA Operations and Inspection Manual or www.imca.com for General Rules.

The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.

Cannot be licensed in any other IMCA division and must be at least 14 years old.
1. SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Rules apply at all times car is on track. Snell-rated SA2000, SA2005 or SFI 31.1/2005 helmet required. Roll bar padding required in driver compartment (Fire retardant recommended). SFI-approved full fire suit required. Fire retardant gloves, shoes and neck brace (or head and neck restraint) required. Recommended: Fire retardant head sock and underwear. Driver-side window net required, minimum 16 inch by 20 inch ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted so latch is at top front of window. Minimum three inch wide SFI-approved five point safety belt assembly required (Y-type shoulder harness not allowed) must be mounted securely to roll cage, recommended to be no more than one year old. Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked “OFF” and “ON”.
2. BODY/CHASSIS: Any front wheel drive, compact car with three or four cylinder engine. All cars must remain strictly OEM. Must be unaltered OEM-appearing body. No station wagons, convertibles or two seat sports cars allowed. Maximum wheelbase 107 inches. OEM steel unaltered floor pan only. Inner fenders may not be removed. Hood and trunk lid/hatch must be securely fastened. All doors must be securely welded or bolted. All glass, exterior lights, chrome/plastic trim and hood insulation must be removed. Dash may be removed, but can remain. Bumpers must be welded, chained or cabled to frame and have front and rear tow hook. OEM bumper covers must remain. Maximum seven inch sun visor, opera window may be closed.
3. ROLL CAGE: Six-point, full perimeter roll cage required. Must use minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.095 inch wall thickness tubing. Rear hoop must have “X” bracing configuration. Rear kickers required. Must have 1.25 inch minimum O.D. cross bar in top halo. Cage must be electric welded and attached using adequate plating (minimum 0.250 inch recommended). No iron, galvanized pipe or fittings, square tubing, brazing or soldering allowed.
4. DOOR BARS: Minimum three horizontal door bars on driver side and two horizontal door bars on passenger side. Both sides must have vertical bracing from top to bottom door bars. All tubing must be minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.095 inch wall thickness.
5. DRIVER COMPARTMENT: Minimum three windshield bars and protective screen mounted in front of driver. Aluminum high-back racing seat required. Must be securely mounted to roll cage using 0.375 inch bolts. Driver must be sealed off from track, engine, transmission and fuel cell/tank. No mirrors. No gutting allowed except for roll/door bar clearance. All flammable material, radio and air bags must be removed. Front and rear firewalls must remain and have no holes. Interior must remain open.
6. SUSPENSION AND STEERING: All components and mounts must be unaltered, OEM and match year, make and model of car used. No weight jacks, modifications, racing components, aftermarket or homemade traction devices allowed. Rear wheels must track straight ahead and be in alignment with front wheels. No more than 5 degrees camber on any wheel. No center steering. Quick release steering wheel is allowed, must maintain OEM column. No aftermarket remote reservoir power steering.
7. SPRINGS/SHOCKS/STRUTS: All shocks and struts must remain OEM, in OEM location. Spring rubbers allowed.
8. TIRES AND WHEELS: OEM DOT 13, 14, 15 or 16 inch passenger tires only. No racing, mud or snow tires. No re-caps, softening, conditioning, siping or grooving allowed. Must be OEM steel or aluminum wheels, with standard bead bump and maximum seven inch width. All four tires and wheels must be the same series, size and offset. Tires must be inside of body. No wheel spacers or bleeder valves. Reinforcing of wheels recommended. Must use one inch O.D. steel lug nuts on steel wheels.
9. BRAKES: Must be steel, unaltered, OEM operative, four wheel disc or drum brakes, and match year, make and model of car used. OEM master cylinder only, in OEM location. No brake shut off or bias adjuster. Steel brake lines only.
10. EXHAUST: Exhaust manifold must be unaltered, OEM for year, make and model of car used. Smog pump, catalytic converter and air conditioning compressor may be removed. Track may require mufflers (IMCA recommended).
11. WEIGHT: No ballast (extra weight) of any kind allowed. Any item deemed as ballast will be required to be removed.
12. BATTERY/STARTER: One 12 volt battery only. Must be securely mounted with positive terminal covered. Battery must be in Marine type case if mounted in driver compartment. OEM starter only, must be in OEM location. Car must leave initial staging area on demand, unaided, or go to rear of that race.
13. GAUGES/ELECTRONICS: No unapproved cameras, transmitting or listening devices. 12 volt ignition system only. No ignition boxes. No performance chips. All ignition components must be unaltered, OEM and match year, make and model of car used. Aftermarket analog tach, oil pressure and water temp gauges only. Vehicle computer (ECU) should be mounted in accessible location for inspection.
14. FUEL SYSTEM: Must have complete, unaltered, OEM fuel system for year, make and model of car used. Gasoline only, maximum 93 octane. No E85. No performance additives. Gas tank ahead of rear axle allowed but must install shield under it. Gas tank behind rear axle must be replaced with maximum eight gallon fuel cell and relocated to trunk area. Must mount with minimum two solid steel straps around entire cell, two inches wide and 0.125 inch thick. Metal firewall or cell cover must be between driver and cell. Fuel cell vent, including cap vent, must have check valve. If racing fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system - a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required. External electric fuel pump wired to the ignition switch allowed with aftermarket fuel cell. No cool cans. Fuel lines through driver compartment must be steel.
15. TRANSMISSION: Must use OEM, unaltered transmission that came in year, make and model of car used. All forward and reverse gears must be operational. Flywheel, flexplate, clutch assembly and torque converter must be unaltered, OEM for year, make and model of car used. No mini clutches or couplers. Must have inspection hole in bell housing. No transmission coolers in driver compartment. No torque dividing final drive. No locked differentials.
16. ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Engine and radiator must be OEM, in OEM location for year, make and model of car used. May use solid engine mounts or safety chains. No accumulators/accusumps. No reinforcing except installation of front strut crossbar.
17. ENGINE: 3 or 4 cylinder in-line engines only. All engine components must be unaltered OEM for year, make and model of car used. Must use OEM crank, rods, valve sizes, stroke, etc. No aftermarket racing heads. No high performance or sports car engines of any kind. No turbo charged, super charged, rotary engines, or engines utilizing variable cam-timing.
18. VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (V.I.N.): The V.I.N. must remain clearly visible and unaltered in at least one of the OEM locations. Any car missing the V.I.N. will not be allowed to compete.
19. CAR CLAIM: Refer to IMCA Operations and Inspection Manual or www.imca.com for claim eligibility requirements.
(A) $1500 cash claim or exchange on complete car.
(B) Claim does not include – 1. racing seat, 2. safety belts, 3. fuel cell and electric fuel pump (if equipped).

Wirtz
11-18-2008, 05:04 PM

Yikes, did I end up on the Brokeback CMC forum by accident?

That picture needs to be the cover of the 09 highlight video :)

Fbody383
11-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Did you drive this to that weddin' you wore that outfit to?

http://www.cmt.com/sitewide/assets/img/shows/my_big_redneck_wedding/anna_carl/redneck_wedding_006-x600.jpg

silversvo
11-18-2008, 06:34 PM

8)

That sure is a lot of white...

Michael, are you playing on both sides of the rainbow??

mitchntx
11-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Damn, Mosty. What were you thinking when you allowed that picture to be taken?

michaelmosty
11-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Dang, I explained the picture last year. My old job took all employees to Cancun for the yearly conference and the first nights theme was a "white party". I was the only guy from the TX office so I thought I'd stand out a little. Everyone there thought it was funny, I just never thought it would get attention like this. :x

Stay tuned, I should have a nice picture posted tomorrow of Marshall that will put this one to shame.
You might be thinking, ... that is not possible. Believe me, it is!! :lol:

Shortcutsleeping
11-18-2008, 08:00 PM
You guys that have Lemons cars might want to come and race it on dirt.

Front wheel drive only cars....with a $1500 claim value.

Ewwww...

Costas

AI#97
11-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Michael actually hates country music but...he is going to kill Lyons for this one...

FFWD to about 4:20 and it gets better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wydPzv9iW50

Fbody383
11-19-2008, 12:08 PM
...so I thought I'd stand out a little. Everyone there thought it was funny...

Worked.

cjlmlml
11-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Michael actually hates country music but...he is going to kill Lyons for this one...

FFWD to about 4:20 and it gets better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wydPzv9iW50

Woops. That actually happened way before this thread started.

Hmmm

michaelmosty
11-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Just an FYI,
The entry deadline for the Feb. event in Houston is December 20th, less than 4-weeks away.

Find a heap of crap, put a cage in it, and come out and have some fun!!

AI#97
11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Just an FYI,
The entry deadline for the Feb. event in Houston is December 20th, less than 4-weeks away.

Damn, that doesn't leave me much time to build that $50 eBay turbo kit does it?! Anyone have an old gas powered leaf blower?! :lol: Guess we will just have to borrow a plasma cutter and get another couple 100lbs off that sucker! ;)

Jeremy Gunter
11-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Just an FYI,

If anyone needs a cage builder, I met a local guys who does an outstanding job!

Rob Liebbe
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Dang, I explained the picture last year.

NO amount of explaining will EVER undo that picture. :roll:

ShadowBolt
11-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Dang, I explained the picture last year.

NO amount of explaining will EVER undo that picture. :roll:

True that.