PDA

View Full Version : LeMons, Feb. 09

michaelmosty
12-10-2008, 06:15 PM
The SCHWING Team is now signed up!! As of now there are 54 teams entered.

There is only 1 1/2 weeks until entry deadline. Get signed up, it is a freakin blast!!!

GlennCMC70
12-10-2008, 07:28 PM
paint the car - they will be looking for you.

michaelmosty
12-11-2008, 09:58 AM
The car will be painted and have a new theme. "The SCHWING Team" is not registered. :wink:

Fbody383
12-11-2008, 11:46 AM

Cause you're gonna blend right in with all the other FX16 Toyotas...

AI#97
12-11-2008, 01:40 PM

Cause you're gonna blend right in with all the other FX16 Toyotas...

I am starting to like my idea of turning it into a ranchero! ;)

cjlmlml
12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I dont think our Mullett machine is going to make it to the Feb race due to general lazyness, other committments, and malaise amongst our team members.

If anyone needs a driver , I am available......

Turned 2nd fastest lap of the Innaugaral Lemons race at MSRH.

Please contact my statistician, Mitch Warren for the rest of my bio.

Over.

Fbody383
12-11-2008, 04:44 PM

SAWZALL, sawzall, sawzall...

mitchntx
12-11-2008, 04:51 PM

Over.

Currently that would be 0-1-0

AI#97
12-11-2008, 04:58 PM

SAWZALL, sawzall, sawzall...

Nope...Gas powered Quickie Saw! I think everyone will like the new colors....funny thing is the paint is going back to the original color!!! :lol:

BSharp
12-11-2008, 05:09 PM
I dont think our Mullett machine is going to make it to the Feb race due to general lazyness, other committments, and malaise amongst our team members.

If anyone needs a driver , I am available......

Turned 2nd fastest lap of the Innaugaral Lemons race at MSRH.

Over.
Some people can afford to do all the events they want to, others cannot.

cjlmlml
12-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Some people cant afford to do any events, dont ask me how I know.

AI#97
12-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Some people can afford to do all the events they want to, others cannot.

so who cheezed the nose on your car later in the day on Sunday? Just doing some checking up on a possible alternate! ;)

Oh, and Chris, honestly with that HOT motor you guys had, you should have had the FASTEST time of the weekend! you got beat by a damn integra?! :P

michaelmosty
12-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Is anyone else going to enter this event? I saw team Witchdoctor/Bikiniracer entered but no other AI/CMC folk.
Anyone? Bueller?

Rob Liebbe
12-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Keep me in mind for additional/needed drivers.

Fbody383
12-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I can only think about one car at a time and February is both kid's birthday month.

Al Fernandez
12-18-2008, 04:11 PM
I'd like to participate, obviously no way I can put a car together.

AllZWay
12-18-2008, 04:34 PM

Same here.. I looked at the rules and it would be pretty expensive to build a car...even a free car and then the cost of the entry is pretty high.

Sounds like a blast though.

michaelmosty
12-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Here is an extremely rough breakdown for our spending last event.

$900 - entry fee (4 people)
$500 - car investment and parts
$500 - roll bar tube, plate, padding, disconnect, etc.
$300 - race tires
$200 - extra set of wheels and tires
$100 - brake pads and front rotors
$500 - travel, race gas, food and drinks for the weekend, etc.

Total - $3,000 ($750 / person)

Next event should cost:
$900 - entry fee
$150 - two new tires
$500 - travel, gas, food, drink, etc.
$100 - misc.
Total - $1,650 ($412.50 / person)

AI#97
12-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Here is an extremely rough breakdown for our spending last event.

$900 - entry fee (4 people)
$500 - car investment and parts
$500 - roll bar tube, plate, padding, disconnect, etc.
$300 - race tires
$200 - extra set of wheels and tires
$100 - brake pads and front rotors
$500 - travel, race gas, food and drinks for the weekend, etc.

Total - $3,000 ($750 / person)

Next event should cost:
$900 - entry fee
$150 - two new tires
$500 - travel, gas, food, drink, etc.
$100 - misc.
Total - $1,650 ($412.50 / person)

Wonder if we should rent the car out Micheal?! I see 4 guys that want to do it but are too lazy to build a car! And they are all F-body drivers...except Rob! :lol:

Rob Liebbe
12-18-2008, 05:59 PM

...or keep the hood on a car. :D :lol:

AllZWay
12-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Wonder if we should rent the car out Micheal?! I see 4 guys that want to do it but are too lazy to build a car! And they are all F-body drivers...except Rob! :lol:

It is not lazy... I have a car I could use already, but money is a big thing.

I have no one local that would want to put their money in it. Originally, I thought you didn't have to have a license and I could get a few dirt track guys to jump in, but the rules are stiffer than I expected...so they can not afford it either.

David Love AI27
12-18-2008, 06:15 PM
2 seats in a purple Neon.... $300 each... first come first served... this will fill up a 6 driver team with Sam, Darcie, Jason and I...

$300 covers registration, car, spares, and fuel... For food, lodging and transportation you are on your own unless you wanna pitch in to the kitty and do group buy/preperation on the food...

I will have the popup for "base camp"... I think Sam and Darcie have their own tent... I also have 2 ez ups and generator...

This car completed the last event and finished well...

Still lookin' for a theme tho...

michaelmosty
12-18-2008, 06:22 PM
David, that sounds like a sweet deal on the Neon. The car finished 5th at the last event IIRC.

James, you do not need to have a license to compete. If you do not have one in is a $50 fee for a temporary one.

mitchntx
12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
2 seats in a purple Neon.... $300 each... first come first served... this will fill up a 6 driver team with Sam, Darcie, Jason and I...

Would I fit in the seat?

David Love AI27
12-18-2008, 07:03 PM

Would I fit in the seat?

I have a couple of different seats sitting around... I'll get back to you ASAP!!...

AI#97
12-18-2008, 07:22 PM
James, you do not need to have a license to compete. If you do not have one in is a $50 fee for a temporary one.

It would also be good at the second TX event in October IIRC...

mitchntx
12-18-2008, 10:51 PM

Would I fit in the seat?

I have a couple of different seats sitting around... I'll get back to you ASAP!!...

Still think it's goofy, but what the hell. Get a seat before teh novelty wears off.

AI#97
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Still think it's goofy, but what the hell. Get a seat before teh novelty wears off.

I think you would really get into it Mitch...there is a TON of strategy for stops and general prep to be ready for nearly anything and then hitting your marks perfectly every time.

Honestly, it was a LOT more work than I thought it was going to be but our team kept it together, stayed calm and worked awesome together....and the result showed!

mitchntx
12-18-2008, 11:29 PM
I know I would ... I am 10x more competitive in the pits than I am on the track.

It's the circus that is Lemons that will bug me.

David Love AI27
12-19-2008, 12:36 AM
I know I would ... I am 10x more competitive in the pits than I am on the track.

I'm reserving you a seat till we get the "seat" issue resolved in a couple of days... PM Frank and see what is up with the BMW... hint... hint...

cobra132
12-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Jorge was thinking about getting a team together for the bimmer. I will check with him. I cannot attend because of a prior engagement. I am taking my daughter to a pittsburg hocky game. (hey, its better than a CD concert) Its been a crazy week at casa robertson, my oldest son, a senior at Trinity U. was named all-american in soccer and my youngest son was accepted at brown U. There goes early retirement. FMR

Waco Racer
12-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Mitch, think of it as a mental exercise in preparation for the 8 hour in April.

AI#97
12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Jorge was thinking about getting a team together for the bimmer. I will check with him. I cannot attend because of a prior engagement. I am taking my daughter to a pittsburg hocky game. (hey, its better than a CD concert) Its been a crazy week at casa robertson, my oldest son, a senior at Trinity U. was named all-american in soccer and my youngest son was accepted at brown U. There goes early retirement. FMR

Congrats Frank! Lots to be proud of there!

As for Jorge, he needs to concentrate on getting into AI with us! ;) I will still make him a hell of a deal!!!

Rob Liebbe
12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Congratulations Frank!

AI#97
12-19-2008, 09:18 AM

You are starting to sound like an old woman... :lol: It's not that bad man unless you screw up on track...but it would be funny to watch you having to run around the pits dressed in drag with lipstick with racoon Piss on your hands!!! It would be worse than Mosty in the Brokeback outfit!!!

mitchntx
12-19-2008, 09:49 AM

You are starting to sound like an old woman... :lol:

Old woman? or Jr. High adolescent?

hmmm ... tough decision :roll:

Waco Racer
12-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Its been a crazy week at casa robertson, my oldest son, a senior at Trinity U. was named all-american in soccer and my youngest son was accepted at brown U. There goes early retirement. FMR

Congrats!

cjlmlml
12-19-2008, 01:28 PM
. There goes early retirement. FMR

On the up side, If you can borrow money now and lock in, rates are very very low.

Of course you have to find a willing lender.

Todd Covini
12-19-2008, 06:20 PM
....if only we knew of a large fund money manager. :cry:

wgriffin4
12-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I am looking for a ride for the Lemons Feb Race. We are not going to be able to finish our car in time.

Racing backgroud.....have raced since 1999 in SCCA and PCA in GT2 and GT3 Porsches. Drove in the 2008 October MSRH Lemons race...we had motor issues from the get go and only completed 100 laps.

If any teams needs another paying driver please shoot me an email.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas...

Thanks

Bill Griffin
wgriffiniv@comcast.net

David Love AI27
12-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I am looking for a ride for the Lemons Feb Race. We are not going to be able to finish our car in time.

Racing backgroud.....have raced since 1999 in SCCA and PCA in GT2 and GT3 Porsches. Drove in the 2008 October MSRH Lemons race...we had motor issues from the get go and only completed 100 laps.

Thanks

Bill Griffin
wgriffiniv@comcast.net

Bill, I am running with Misti Cain's team "the purple pinballs", a pair of 1st gen Neons. One is standard and the other automatic. I'll check the driver status, but one of the conditions is the driver's "build"... We are all of medium sized drivers including 2 small females and we don't want to deal with changing seats... the cost is approx. $300 per driver plus any personal expenses for food, lodging and travel...

I drove for Frank Robertson at the last event and he had a large seat to accommodate his large "frame"... I got some bruising from sliding back and forth through the chicane... I have some pads made for my hips incase I'm invited to drive for him in the future...

wgriffin4
12-27-2008, 12:20 AM

Thanks

Bill Griffin
wgriffiniv@comcast.net

Bill, I am running with Misti Cain's team "the purple pinballs", a pair of 1st gen Neons. One is standard and the other automatic. I'll check the driver status, but one of the conditions is the driver's "build"... We are all of medium sized drivers including 2 small females and we don't want to deal with changing seats... the cost is approx. $300 per driver plus any personal expenses for food, lodging and travel...

I drove for Frank Robertson at the last event and he had a large seat to accommodate his large "frame"... I got some bruising from sliding back and forth through the chicane... I have some pads made for my hips incase I'm invited to drive for him in the future...

David....sounds good....would love to hitch a ride in the standard Neon. I am 5'9" and 180 lb...so I hope I would be classified as a "Medium" driver.

If anyone else has an opportunity please let me know.....we have a few other drivers in our shop that are looking for paid rides as well.

Thanks

Bill

cobra132
12-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Ok, Ok, I get it. Large "frame" = fat ass. :D

David Love AI27
12-27-2008, 12:22 PM

you said it, NOT ME... :shock: ROFLMAO!!! I was just trying to be PC... :roll: I shoulda stayed away from this discussion completely... :?

mitchntx
12-27-2008, 12:28 PM

you said it, NOT ME... :shock: ROFLMAO!!! I was just trying to be PC... :roll: I shoulda stayed away from this discussion completely... :?

One more and we have a class action law suit.

David Love AI27
12-27-2008, 12:51 PM

DOH!

AI#97
12-27-2008, 01:23 PM

I'm in! so what do we get?!

Actually, I am now on a mission. I saw one of my cousins this Xmas and 9 months ago he weighed 310lbs. He is now 185 and looks fantastic...no joke. You would never know he was so heavy. I started the same diet a month ago and have already lost 18lbs... holidays are killing me though so it's back on the wagon today.

David Love AI27
12-27-2008, 10:24 PM

I'm in! so what do we get?!

Actually, I am now on a mission. I saw one of my cousins this Xmas and 9 months ago he weighed 310lbs. He is now 185 and looks fantastic...no joke. You would never know he was so heavy. I started the same diet a month ago and have already lost 18lbs... holidays are killing me though so it's back on the wagon today.

Keep going!!! just a few more pounds and you won't be able to join the class action...

AI#97
12-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Here is a picture from another event! LOVE This car!!

http://www.aggie97.com/ehi5o7.jpg

jeffburch
12-28-2008, 08:01 PM
I love it.
The Griswold Family racecar.
Just need a rocking chair up on top.

jb

AI#97
12-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Got bored and counted 112 entries on the lemons team management page today! We only had 75 last time!

On that 1.3 mile course, that is only 61.28 feet per car! I am picturing 40+ cars diving into Turn 1, a crap load of oil smoke, tire smoke and the sounds of bouncing metal lemons! :lol:

wgriffin4
12-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Still looking for a ride.....funded driver willing to help work on the car as well if in Houston.

Contact me at wgriffiniv@comcast.net

Thanks

Bill

David Love AI27
12-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Still looking for a ride.....funded driver willing to help work on the car as well if in Houston.

Contact me at wgriffiniv@comcast.net

Thanks

Bill

I'm still workin on it...

Jeremy Gunter
12-31-2008, 10:07 PM
like me yelling over the radio that an axle strap had broken, I was convinced after two laps... The the BMW who was behind me passed and tada, the strap fell off and the clinging noise was gone... I can't wait for another round of LeMons!