PDA

View Full Version : LeMons race car tech inspection

michaelmosty
12-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Clifton and others, what are the tech rules for LeMons cars (ours for example)? Would it pass tech w/o all the glass and back hatch. It would be easy to rig up another brake light and install a side window net.

I am not interested in the enduro since I will be running w/ Marshall in his AI car.
I would be very interested to find out what class it would fall into and see about participating in some of the sprint races throughout the season. :D

Waco Racer
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, you could start here - http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf

AI#97
12-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Micheal, I just went through this trying to figure out where an AI car would fit into in Group 7... I think I had 165 modification points which took me from PTE all the way up to SU. :oops:

Go to the Performance Touring rules set, find the class for the base car and start going through the tech sheet to figure out modification rules. I am guessing it might end up in PTE or lower... As for the rest of the car, only things we would need is the second brake light and right side head restraint which I could build onto the seat pretty easily.

Actually, this might give me something to do at work today! I will post back what I find!

AI#97
12-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Ok, if we put the hatch back on with the rear side glass and have a minimum race ready weight of 2240 lbs, we would be in PTE with the Falkens on it as it sits right now. If we are too much lighter than that, we would have to bump to PTD....

AI#97
12-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Ok, if we put the hatch back on with the rear side glass and have a minimum race ready weight of 2240 lbs, we would be in PTE with the Falkens on it as it sits right now. If we are too much lighter than that, we would have to bump to PTD....

Ok, I need a professional to do the modification points....seems I made a mistake and we would likely be in PTF???