PDA

View Full Version : New Patches?? Required??

Mike Bell
05-16-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm looking for a new NASA patch (the new logo) as I had to get a new race suit - busted the zipper again out of my existing one lol. I don't want to have to sew an old one on just to get the new one a few weeks later, are the new patches out and where can I get one? TIA.

Also, where in the CCR's or AI rules does it say AI patches are mandatory? I thought we'd been down the road before.........

marshall_mosty
05-16-2006, 09:28 AM
I need an "AI" Patch. I've never asked about them (my fault), but would like to be 100% compliant.

AI#97
05-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Also, where in the CCR's or AI rules does it say AI patches are mandatory? I thought we'd been down the road before.........

I would gladly put one on if they were made readily available.....or at all even... :wink:

donovan
05-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Its in my log book on the inside cover for the inspection I think.

Adam Ginsberg
05-16-2006, 11:10 AM
The new NASA patch isn't available yet, so the original patch will have to suffice for now. The NASA suit patch is available directly from the NASA folks at the track for $5 each.

The American Iron patch has been available for ~2 or so years. Todd and I have quite a few, and they are free to each AI, AIX, AIV and CMC racer. During the last event, I walked around our paddock area, asking folks if they needed one. Please see us at the track, and we'll get you a patch.

CMC patches aren't finished yet, but when they are, we'll make sure they're available to the CMC racers.

The CCR's does not mention requiring a patch. However, the logbook does mention it, as does the race car tech form we ALL have to fill out and sign.

Therefore, ALL drivers are required to have a NASA patch on their driving suit. All AI/X/V and CMC drivers should have an American Iron patch on their suit as well, although there isn't anything in the AI or CMC rules requiring this. Having the patch shows your support of the series.

Adam Ginsberg
05-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Update - the new NASA patch has just arrived @ NASA HQ in NorCal. We won't have them for this event, but should for June.

No word on new stickers, but we're working on that, too.

cjlmlml
05-16-2006, 02:11 PM
what does " were working on it " mean?

I would never tell one of my clients I was "working on it"

Come on Adam, you can do better

Mike Bell
05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
The new NASA patch isn't available yet, so the original patch will have to suffice for now. The NASA suit patch is available directly from the NASA folks at the track for $5 each.

The American Iron patch has been available for ~2 or so years. Todd and I have quite a few, and they are free to each AI, AIX, AIV and CMC racer. During the last event, I walked around our paddock area, asking folks if they needed one. Please see us at the track, and we'll get you a patch.

CMC patches aren't finished yet, but when they are, we'll make sure they're available to the CMC racers.

The CCR's does not mention requiring a patch. However, the logbook does mention it, as does the race car tech form we ALL have to fill out and sign.

Therefore, ALL drivers are required to have a NASA patch on their driving suit. All AI/X/V and CMC drivers should have an American Iron patch on their suit as well, although there isn't anything in the AI or CMC rules requiring this. Having the patch shows your support of the series.

Let's get something straight Mr. Ginsberg:

I show my support for the series everytime I pay my $300 to participate, mmkay? You understand the paying customer concept? I sure do. Your inference that we should have a AI patch on our suit is laughable considering that I have asked for patches since 2003. Now you mean to tell me you've had them for ~2 years? Somehow I missed that announcement. :roll:

Rules say I must have a NASA logo on my racing suit. I would love to have an AI and/or CMC and/or Texas Regional patch as well. You can go back as recently as December, 2005 when I responded to Todd's request for agenda items for the annual meeting where I had patches as one of my suggested agenda items. Funny how you and Todd had AI patches during that time and didn't inform me. :?

Also, show me one AI podium photo where the top three finishers are wearing the AI patch here in the Texas region. I mean, after ~2 years I'm sure they were distributed, right? Guess I'm not the only one who didn't get the word that you were sitting on AI patches. Somehow I missed your latest offer at the event walkaround but that may have been on Sunday after I had left possibly.

So, the next time you get feedback regarding our podium photos take a long look at what you, one of our leaders, has done to possibly cause the situation to exist in the first place.

Having the patch shows your support of the series

No kidding. What does having the patches and not distributing them show?

donovan
05-16-2006, 03:59 PM
I have an AI patch... :lol:

mitchntx
05-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Me too ... Mike, you want mine?

I'm not gonna sew an AI patch on as support. A couple AI drivers wanted to kick me and my peers to the curb a short while ago.

:twisted: :P :shock: :D

AI#97
05-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Me too ... Mike, you want mine?

I'm not gonna sew an AI patch on as support. A couple AI drivers wanted to kick me and my peers to the curb a short while ago.

:twisted: :P :shock: :D

directions to the curb are on the BACK of the AI patch!!! J/K.... :P

Adam, when you aren't upside down with your head under your dashboard I will stop by and pick up one of the AI patches....

MB, I also like the idea of a TX region patch. Maybe Mr Pederson knows of someone through the NASA program that can do up a "mission patch" for us?

jeffburch
05-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Patches?

Don't need no stinking patches!

jb

mitchntx
05-16-2006, 09:24 PM

If I sew it on, I'm gonna sew it on the seat of my suit ... or maybe upside down ...

AI#97
05-16-2006, 09:44 PM

If I sew it on, I'm gonna sew it on the seat of my suit ... or maybe upside down ...

Amazing!!!! I was going to ask Adam if that's where they went and upside down!!!

We have gone this long without them.....so what difference does it make?! :P

mitchntx
05-16-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm glad someone can keep up with my obscure humor ... 8)

Adam Ginsberg
05-17-2006, 09:04 PM
what does " were working on it " mean?

"Working on it" means we've been in contact with NASA HQ this week to discuss this particular item, as well as the new patches. They don't have the new stickers yet, but will before September.

So, if you won't tell your clients you're "working on it" when the Dow craters like it did today, what do you tell them, Chris? ;)

David Love AI27
05-17-2006, 10:56 PM
when the Dow craters like it did today, what do you tell them, Chris? ;)

CRAP!!! my racing funds were depleted by over 10%!!! My mom has been funding the LiiR race team with stocks which were looking good untill this last week. We may cut the 2006 season short. Don't look for the CMC #10 till at least the 2007 season.

Mike Bell
05-22-2006, 06:12 AM
Picked up my patches this weekend, thanks AG. Let us know when you get your hands on the new NASA and CMC patches!

Adam Ginsberg
05-22-2006, 02:42 PM
BTW - I had a brief conversation with Shannon over the weekend. I planted the "seed" about a NASA Regional patch. Nothing more than a short conversation, but we'll see if this item can be accomplished.

Anyone know a place that makes/designs patches???

jeffburch
05-22-2006, 04:15 PM
BTW - I had a brief conversation with Shannon over the weekend. I planted the "seed" about a NASA Regional patch. Nothing more than a short conversation, but we'll see if this item can be accomplished.

Anyone know a place that makes/designs patches???

http://www.patchesrus.com/
http://www.stadriemblems.com/?gclid=COX16tnvjIUCFTuJLAod7DveDw
http://www.patches4less.com/?wcw=google
http://www.wholesale-patches.com/?wcw=google

jb

y5e06
05-22-2006, 04:40 PM
as to level the playing field Juan Pablo & ShuVarner are required to wear an additional patch in the proper fashion

http://www.costumesinc.com/Costumes/images/medium/WO044.jpg

I believe it a fair requirement

AI#97
05-22-2006, 07:00 PM
as to level the playing field Juan Pablo & ShuVarner are required to wear an additional patch in the proper fashion

http://www.costumesinc.com/Costumes/images/medium/WO044.jpg

I believe it a fair requirement

Morgan, between Saturday night, your trip home story and now this post....you have had me f'n rolling laughing all weekend dude!!!! :lol:

jeffburch
07-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Anyone layed an eyeball on the new nasa patches yet?

jb

donovan
07-02-2006, 06:10 PM
You didn't get one at Hallett?

jeffburch
07-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Yessir. CMC and AI but no "new" nasa.
jb

Mike Bell
07-09-2006, 08:22 AM
I just got the "old" NASA patch sewn on lol.

AG, you got CMC patches now? What's the general consensus, we doing both AI and CMC on the race suit? Any regional patch on the way? Just trying to catch up on my bling!

Adam Ginsberg
07-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Sorry, but I haven't discussed the new NASA patch with the folks @ NASA Texas yet. We'll look into that, and hopefully have something for the TWS event.

As for CMC patches, yes, I still have several left ( about ~10 ). I handed out many at Hallett prior to my early departure. See me @ TWS to get one.

FWIW, I have both the CMC and AI patches on my suit. The only "mandatory" patch is the NASA patch - put whatever patch on your suit you'd like, Mike,

Unless NASA Texas comes out with a regional patch, there isn't one.

chris-CMC#35
07-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I put the NASA patch on the sleeve of my driver's suit. The CMC patch is on the chest. There are lots of ways to make statements.. :wink:

RichardP
11-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Bringing this one back from the dead... looking back through this, it's nice to see our group hasn't changed much over the years...

Anyway, the NASA patches are available from nasaproracing.com. No sign of the AI or CMC patches from there. I'm in need of two AI patches and one CMC patch. Anyone know the current magic words to get a hold of these???

Thanks,
Richard P.

GlennCMC70
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Bringing this one back from the dead... looking back through this, it's nice to see our group hasn't changed much over the years...

Anyway, the NASA patches are available from nasaproracing.com. No sign of the AI or CMC patches from there. I'm in need of two AI patches and one CMC patch. Anyone know the current magic words to get a hold of these???

Thanks,
Richard P.

i have tried recently to get one for a fellow racer w/ no luck. in the the coming weeks i'll see what i can get going.

AI#97
11-13-2009, 09:06 AM

Thanks,
Richard P.

Seeing that the AI rules haven't been released yet, maybe we can submit a RCR to delete the patches we can't get our hands on....hell, throw the RA1's in too! LOL!!!!

Al Fernandez
11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Work in progres...either they will be added to the NASA site to enable ordering or I'll get a stack of them myself.

edrock96GT
03-23-2010, 08:44 PM
So yay I just spent $17 on a NASA patch. :roll: Anyone have any AI and/or Toyo patches available?

GlennCMC70
03-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Matt, you wanna give up yours? Your not using them.

I may have a Toyo left, not likely. Its not required.
Todd or Al has the AI patch.

mitchntx
03-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Eddie, I have a few white letters on black background "Toyo Tires" patches.

I found them on eBay a couple years ago. I think I paid $3 each for them.

BlueFirePony
03-23-2010, 09:07 PM
So yay I just spent $17 on a NASA patch. :roll: Anyone have any AI and/or Toyo patches available?
Rookies. :roll: ..yer s'posed to ask BEFORE you spend the money!
I think I have an AI patch...I'll check when I get home but if not follow Glenn's tip and get with Todd and/or Al.
I need Toyo stickers for the car too...I'll let you know if I track any down.

edrock96GT
03-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Haha thanks Brian :lol:

I'm good on the stickers now. Tech had plenty of Toyo stickers (both black and white, I think either would work on your car).

If you do have a patch, let me know. Thanks!

Todd Covini
03-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I have AI patches and bring them to the events.

-=- Todd

kbrewmr2
03-24-2010, 09:02 AM
who brings needle & nomex thread to an event though :wink:

AI#97
03-24-2010, 09:25 AM

And another attack here... :roll:

Eddie, I have a "seasoned" toyo and AI patch I will offer up and be glad to give them to whoever would like them if they are having a problem getting one. Just let me know.

GlennCMC70
03-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Not an attack. Just trying to help you move on.

BlueFirePony
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM

And another attack here... :roll:

Eddie, I have a "seasoned" toyo and AI patch I will offer up and be glad to give them to whoever would like them if they are having a problem getting one. Just let me know.
I'll take MFW's - speed through osmosis :twisted: . It's the uber lightweight version right Matt?! :)

Mrs. Crumpacker
03-24-2010, 04:16 PM

We usually have some with us, since I spent Fri evening of MSR-H sewing Sam's NASA patch on so he would be legal...I don't mind doing the sewing if someone needs it at the TWS event (just let me know before Sat morning...) Hell I could do it all professional on my machine since we live 10 min from the track :wink:

kbrewmr2
03-24-2010, 04:43 PM
owned my Mrs. Crumpacker :oops: :lol:

Where were ya when I had a slight tear in my race suit at MSR-H last year?!?! :P

MikeP99Z
03-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Duct tape works.

kbrewmr2
03-24-2010, 05:41 PM
wouldn't it have to be SFI or FIA rated flame retardant duct tape though? :P

MikeP99Z
03-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I'll ask Mitch to make some SFI stickers in photoshop. The first one gets to be placed on the roof of Lienart's car to verify protection from Wirtz's exhaust.

Todd Covini
03-24-2010, 07:23 PM

We usually have some with us, since I spent Fri evening of MSR-H sewing Sam's NASA patch on so he would be legal...I don't mind doing the sewing if someone needs it at the TWS event (just let me know before Sat morning...) Hell I could do it all professional on my machine since we live 10 min from the track :wink:

I knew that.

Boudy
03-24-2010, 09:19 PM
FWIW: I just shipped my suit off to Sparco today to have the zipper replaced. $40.00 flat rate repair.

Boudy

ShadowBolt
03-24-2010, 09:21 PM
FWIW: I just shipped my suit off to Sparco today to have the zipper replaced. $40.00 flat rate repair.

Boudy

What broke the zipper?
Smart ass aint I

JJ

Boudy
03-24-2010, 09:23 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: