PDA

View Full Version : Ford 5.0 EGR block-off plate

ShadowBolt
01-06-2009, 11:45 AM
I just made one for my car. 7 ga 304 SS. If anyone needs one I now have a program for the laser and I will cut one for you. We are slow as hell right now so if you need one let me know.

JJ

David Love AI27
01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
LOL... I was tring to do the same yesterday out of 1/8 stainless... ruined a blade on my band saw... I woulf love if you could ship me one... PM me with the cost and address and I will send money order TODAY!!!

Rob Liebbe
01-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Hell, if you're cuttin' 'em, I'll take one too.

marshall_mosty
01-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Count me in for 1 please sir.

ShadowBolt
01-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Mine is a GT40......will the non GT40 EGR's be the same. I can burn them tomorrow if they are the same.

JJ

ShadowBolt
01-06-2009, 06:12 PM
I have them in my hand. Let me know if you want them mailed to you or bring them to MSRH.

JJ

David Love AI27
01-06-2009, 09:36 PM
I have them in my hand. Let me know if you want them mailed to you or bring them to MSRH.

JJ

If you don't mind you can send Mine and Rob's together... he lives just around the corner...

31830 Cates Street
Pinehurst, Texas 77362

marshall_mosty
01-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Jerry,
Just give mine to Michael at MSRH.

Thanks a bunch man. What's your favorite beer?

ShadowBolt
01-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Jerry,
Just give mine to Michael at MSRH.

Thanks a bunch man. What's your favorite beer?

You don't owe me anything. Remember the hub I got from you and replaced without the stud holes being machined. I think I still owe you for that deal. I will give it to Michael.

Jerry

marshall_mosty
01-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Jerry,
Let's just call it square.
Thanks.

-Marshall

ShadowBolt
01-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Jerry,
Let's just call it square.
Thanks.

-Marshall

Okay.

I bought an extra hub and wheel studs but have never had the hub machined. What size do the holes need to be for the APR studs?

JJ

Rob Liebbe
01-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Jerry,

ARP makes studs specifically for the SN95 hub. Baer, Maximum Motorsport, and others sell them. Press in - press out of a stock hub. I always try to go with stock - replaceable parts on anything "consumable". Hubs were out before studs.

AI#97
01-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Jerry,

ARP makes studs specifically for the SN95 hub. Baer, Maximum Motorsport, and others sell them. Press in - press out of a stock hub. I always try to go with stock - replaceable parts on anything "consumable". Hubs were out before studs.

Rebuild the hubs with a quality racing grease and they last for years! Some time with a screwdriver and a hammer is all that is needed. I did mine two years ago and they are perfect....just don't goof up the seal with the tools or use carb cleaner on them.

chris-CMC#35
01-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Please forgive a stupid question... if you block off the EGR hole, does the computer get confused? Every time I try to work around that thing I get really frustrated, but I didn't realize you could simply block off the hole, and forget about the thing.

thanks
chris

ShadowBolt
01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Please forgive a stupid question... if you block off the EGR hole, does the computer get confused? Every time I try to work around that thing I get really frustrated, but I didn't realize you could simply block off the hole, and forget about the thing.

thanks
chris

You need one Chris? I have one left and I can UPS it to you. If I understand it correctly removing it will throw a code but so what.

JJ

chris-CMC#35
01-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Jerry,

That would be great. I'll pm you my address, etc.

big thanks,
chris

marshall_mosty
01-08-2009, 08:50 AM
I bought an extra hub and wheel studs but have never had the hub machined. What size do the holes need to be for the APR studs?
JJJerry,
39/64

.609 hole for a .625 knurl.

I'll send the bit with Michael to MSR-H and you can use it. I just provide it with the hubs to my machinest each time I need them drilled. I understand the tolerances on a drill bit are greater than a reamer, but I haven't ever had any issues with the knurls wanting to give up on hubs that were drilled on a mill.

ARP makes studs specifically for the SN95 hub. Baer, Maximum Motorsport, and others sell them. Press in - press out of a stock hub. I always try to go with stock - replaceable parts on anything "consumable". Hubs were out before studs. The ARP studs to press into the stock hubs are between $6-8 each. The standard rear axle studs we use are only $12.95/5, ARP 100-7703. It's MUCH cheaper to buy the cheap studs and have the hubs drilled. I can have two hubs drilled for under $20. I do them 4 at a time.

Sometimes I get 4 for $20 if my guy is slow.

scottysspeedshop
01-14-2009, 08:13 PM
If you make some more I will take one let me know how much.