PDA

View Full Version : AI Engine Requirements

cobra132
01-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Question? (And this is not for me) If someone was building an AI car. Is it legal to put a chevy LS3 engine in an SN95 ford chassis. I the rules are not clear on this. FMR

RichardP
01-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Yes.

Richard P.

AI#97
01-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Yes, but be advised...this has been a point that comes up every year to be removed from the rules, and the discussion gets MORE heated each year. IMHO, the days of the Mustang SS in AI are numbered. It would suck to build it and have to go another route later.

Also, be advised, the modifications to the oil pan required to put it in the car put the life of the motor measured in MINUTES, not seasons. EVERY ONE that has been built has lasted no more than 1 or 2 events at best....even the dry sump motor at nationals that cut short our race and left a lot of parts on the track.

And tell Jorge that if he puts an LS3 into the 2000 R chassis, he will be burned at the stake! :evil:

cobra132
01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
No he would never do that. He is talking to the guys at griggs and that was the reason for this post. Its an abomination to me, but thats what they seem to be suggesting. FMR

AI#97
01-07-2009, 09:39 PM
No he would never do that. He is talking to the guys at griggs and that was the reason for this post. Its an abomination to me, but thats what they seem to be suggesting. FMR

Tell him to run away from GRIGGS ASAFP....they are crooks that can't build an engine for shit...and then want to charge $25k for it. John George had one of them that couldn't last an event. I think he sent it back to them and cancelled payment.

If Jorge is serious, tell him to look at Raymon's car for $11k. That is a BARGAIN!!!!

Hell, mine is a bargain at $26,000..... :wink:

cobra132
01-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info, I will pass it along. FMR

chicane23
01-13-2009, 09:48 AM

Tell him to run away from GRIGGS ASAFP....they are crooks that can't build an engine for shit...and then want to charge $25k for it. John George had one of them that couldn't last an event. I think he sent it back to them and cancelled payment.

If Jorge is serious, tell him to look at Raymon's car for $11k. That is a BARGAIN!!!!

Hell, mine is a bargain at $26,000..... :wink:

Wow, this is a case of third person, hearing stuff, but don't know the facts as usual. Griggs Racing and the people at Griggs are not crooks, my engine was a subject of a bad XFI/DFI unit.

They have been building engines for Hal Massey, Guy Cunningham and others for years....both cars winning a large amount of races.

We will not get into suspensions on this thread either.

On another note, and LS motor in a Mustang, set up correctly would be unbeatable in my eyes and if I were to do it again... that is the way I would go for AI.

AI#97
01-13-2009, 11:05 PM
John, just repeating YOUR misc. ramblings over the last 2 years....the rest I will leave unsaid.

cobra132
01-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Jorge is a smart guy. He is currently looking at a 97 cobra with griggs set-up and his R motor and trans. That would be pretty cool. Probably AIX. FMR

AI#97
01-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Jorge is a smart guy. He is currently looking at a 97 cobra with griggs set-up and his R motor and trans. That would be pretty cool. Probably AIX. FMR

That's risking a lot of parts that if the car were to burn or get totalled, he could NEVER replace and would lose the value on the R.

He has too many toys! I will trade him my Race car Straight up for the R Right now. I will even provide transport.

AI#97
01-15-2009, 01:47 PM
and for the record on Griggs suspension parts and SLA's in general...

here is the finishing list at nationals 2008...

1st S197...steeda parts, Strut front suspension
2nd SN99...Ex Koni Challenge car with strut suspension and IRS
3rd SN95...MM front strut suspension and IRS
4th 4th gen F-body with stock susp, updated bushings and penske's.
5th 4th gen Fbody...unknown susp mods.
6th SN99 Full MM strut front
7th SN95 ...steeda parts Strut front
8th Early Fox...Jay Andrew 2X champ...I think is strut...MM?
9th S197...Matthew Erickson...unknown setup was 3rd in 2007.
10th Fox ... Agent 47
11th Donovan...Agent 47 fox

So the highest finishing SLA mustang was 10th...and not Griggs?!

TX is the fastest overall region and MM sweeps 1st, 2nd and 3rd....MM all the way!!!

Tell Jorge to keep it simple and don't think too far outside the box on this. I also don't understand an AIX build as there really isn't any serious racing in AIX if he were to build a real AIX car.

And I am dead serious about the Trade for the R...have him email me...

matt@aggie97.com

cobra132
01-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I agree, MM rules. He passed on the griggs car. He knows about your car but I think he really wants to build something himself, after all thats half the fun for most of us. No excuses that way. FMR

AI#97
01-15-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree, MM rules. He passed on the griggs car. He knows about your car but I think he really wants to build something himself, after all thats half the fun for most of us. No excuses that way. FMR

I am in the process of refining a lot of things on mine. While building and developing during the last 3 seasons, some things have been done in haste to function and not necessarily look good. I probably have 50 hours in it since ECR with another 100 to go. I am also still looking for a cheaper fiberglass dash, but think I found one I like for $250...

I too liked the idea of building a car but honestly, if you could pick up one of the fastest 5 cars in the nation...for this price...knowing there is 4 or 5 times that in it. It's nearly a no brainer! Consider all the spare wheels (22 of them), tires, engine block, brake pads and all... it's a jump quick deal!!! he would need a new seat though as this one is about 3X too big for him!!! LOL!!!!

chicane23
01-15-2009, 09:35 PM
and for the record on Griggs suspension parts and SLA's in general...

here is the finishing list at nationals 2008...

1st S197...steeda parts, Strut front suspension
2nd SN99...Ex Koni Challenge car with strut suspension and IRS
3rd SN95...MM front strut suspension and IRS
4th 4th gen F-body with stock susp, updated bushings and penske's.
5th 4th gen Fbody...unknown susp mods.
6th SN99 Full MM strut front
7th SN95 ...steeda parts Strut front
8th Early Fox...Jay Andrew 2X champ...I think is strut...MM?
9th S197...Matthew Erickson...unknown setup was 3rd in 2007.
10th Fox ... Agent 47
11th Donovan...Agent 47 fox

So the highest finishing SLA mustang was 10th...and not Griggs?!

TX is the fastest overall region and MM sweeps 1st, 2nd and 3rd....MM all the way!!!

Tell Jorge to keep it simple and don't think too far outside the box on this. I also don't understand an AIX build as there really isn't any serious racing in AIX if he were to build a real AIX car.

And I am dead serious about the Trade for the R...have him email me...

matt@aggie97.com

Matt,
Again you seem to not have all the info as usual and I don't understand why you continue to do this.

I have one question Einstein, Was there one Griggs Racing SLA car there to compete in AI? I know there was for AIX car.
BTW, 1 place was Steeda not MM.

Not to mention it's funny to know that you can't beat a certain Texas AI car with an SLA.

AI#97
01-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Not to mention it's funny to know that you can't beat a certain Texas AI car with an SLA.

Thought you built your own sandbox....might want to stay there...

chicane23
01-15-2009, 10:17 PM

Thought you built your own sandbox....might want to stay there...

How about English?

BTW, you didn't answer my questions either? I will try again...Was there one Griggs Racing SLA car there to compete in AI?

And good people wonder why I don't participate more on this forum.

Todd Covini
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh brother. You 2 sound like Mitch & Glenn.

JG...the 1st Gen Texas folks are all comin' back...when are you going to show these kids how it's done?

-=- Todd

chicane23
01-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh brother. You 2 sound like Mitch & Glenn.

JG...the 1st Gen Texas folks are all comin' back...when are you going to show these kids how it's done?

-=- Todd

That is such a loaded question Sir. I can think of a number of reasons to be totally honest.

I do miss certain aspects of AI and some that I don't miss.
I might have to make a token race again just to play. ;-)

We have a lot of things going this year with a MM&FF article that involves a Griggs Racing suspension on a GT500. This will also consist of track testing at Hallett and then we are off to the 45th Anniversary event at Barber Motorsports Park. We are pretty busy the next few months. So we will see what happens.

I can't wait to see how you an EV do this year....Good luck!

ShadowBolt
01-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Screw AI. I think John and Wayne should come back and run CMC (not CMC2 just regular CMC). It would be old home week with Eric and Todd back. We all know MFW is afraid to run CMC. The others?????? Okay, I'm just kidding, keep your panties out of a wad.

JJ

chicane23
01-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Screw AI. I think John and Wayne should come back and run CMC (not CMC2 just regular CMC). It would be old home week with Eric and Todd back. We all know MFW is afraid to run CMC. The others?????? Okay, I'm just kidding, keep your panties out of a wad.

JJ

Shoot, I was thinking about coming out and running AIX and spend some time with old friends, but with Matt's comments lately I just want to come out and embarrass him some more. ;-)

Todd Covini
01-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Everybody's welcome in all racing classes!
Just gotta put your driving caps on if you're going to race in CMC this year. 8)

Adam Ginsberg
01-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Same song, different verse, could be better but it's always worse....

AI#97
01-16-2009, 09:52 AM
How about English?

BTW, you didn't answer my questions either? I will try again...Was there one Griggs Racing SLA car there to compete in AI?

And good people wonder why I don't participate more on this forum.

OK, I am only going to answer your questions and add a statement and I am done with this discussion.

Here is the English version. :roll:

You are the griggs nuthugger and expert so I figured you would know who, if anyone, was running a griggs setup in AI at nationals. Those at the front don't run it because it's been proven it can be beaten with cheaper and lighter parts, brands that are more simple to setup and maintain, and companies that actually offer contingencies both regionally and nationally. We leave the bling "must have" crap for the AIX "money equals speed so worship me" clan which apparently you fit into so well.

Trust me, we don't wonder why you don't participate here anymore...we are actually thankful you don't and you only show once a year to make an ass of yourself. Especially when you insult us behind our backs any chance you can get and come back a year later claiming us as friends. I personally can't think of one positive thing you have said about us, or done for AI/CMC Texas or NASATX for atleast 2 years. I would think you would have figured out why your phone doesn't ring anymore but apparently you are so self absorbed you just don't get it.

And as for embarassing me, the only embarassment for me was having ever been associated with you or your "club griggs" bullshit mentality. It certainly didn't earn me any favors with this racing family and got me started off on the wrong foot with what to expect and only to offend people. I am thankful that I changed my thinking and focused on the strengths of this group instead of ONLY pointing out the faults as if my shit didn't stink.

And I agree with Adam, same childish shit, new year, and I sort of wonder who forgot to ban your profile from the last time we found you trashing this group.

Please take your drama and go away and STAY away. Todd, I know you are trying to be positive with the welcome mat, but this is one case I think this group as a whole will disagree.

The End.

GlennCMC70
01-16-2009, 10:23 AM
this thread is about AI Engine Requirements, lets keep it on topic and take this BS offline. the responces are getting too personal now.

marshall_mosty
01-16-2009, 12:46 PM
this thread is about AI Engine Requirements, lets keep it on topic and take this BS offline. the responces are getting too personal now.

Can I put a Ferrari engine in my Mustang? Would that be legal?

Just wanted to keep on topic. 8)

chicane23
01-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Matt,
Thank you for showing your true colors, I do greatly appreciate it.

Glenn,
I'm very sorry to cloud this thread, but I did need to clarify things due to the incorrect information that was stated.

Adam Ginsberg
01-16-2009, 01:27 PM

Not quite a Ferrari in a Mustang, but along that same thread.....

http://jalopnik.com/365688/ferrambo-wins-2008-ridler-award-at-detroit-autorama

GlennCMC70
01-16-2009, 02:05 PM
thanks John.
Matt, i was talking to you.

RichardP
01-16-2009, 02:55 PM

Not as clear but, yes, technically legal.

Richard P.

AI#97
01-16-2009, 08:43 PM

Not as clear but, yes, technically legal.

Richard P.

I had this conversation with JWL at nationals and any parts on the car must be OEM Ford, Chevy or Mopar...mix and match as you like, but no "non-oem Ford Chevy or Mopar" parts. Rules are a little iffy in my eyes because that part is in the "chassis" section and not in the "general" section to rule over all other sections like engine, suspension and brakes. Ask before you proceed in otherwords.