PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Team Announcements

Todd Covini
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM
PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 13, 2009

TEAM VARVINI TO ACCEPT THE TEXAS CAMARO MUSTANG CHALLENGE

Todd Covini of Covini Motorsports Management, LLC has signed two-time CMC Champion Eric Varner of TEK Racing to restore & drive the infamous #2 CMC Mustang in the NASA Texas 2009 CMC Championship season. Since 2007, neither Covini nor Varner have been behind the wheel of their Mustangs. Covini’s roadster was damaged in a spectacular off-track excursion at Texas World Speedway in April of 2007 which left the car irreparable until now. Varner won the Texas CMC Championships in 2004 & 2005, before selling his car and semi-retiring to take care of family needs.

“I’m looking forward to the new role as car owner.” said Todd of the new arrangement. “Eric will have primary driving duties in the ‘88 Mustang and is likely going to drive 88% of the season” he added. For 2009, Todd Covini will be a part of the NASA Texas staff and concentrate on the growth & development of all of their racing series. Covini Motorsports Management, LLC has also signed on with Grand American Road Racing as a Field Official for their Rolex, Koni Challenge, Mustang Challenge & Ferrari Challenge events this year. “Between the Grand Am events and the NASA Texas events, I’ll have my hands full time wise. Eric is the right person to bring the Fox Mustang back to life and go after the coveted CMC Championship for Team Varvini.” reported Todd.

Eric Varner was overheard on Saturday saying “I just miss seeing the annual Texas AI/CMC season recap videos. Sure I love the racing, but I really miss the camaraderie, the personalities and the fun that is Texas AI/CMC.” TEK Racing plans to use this opportunity in the open-air car to employ CMC#2 as a “camera car” during the season, getting into the mix of the action from various angles and vantage points. “We’ve decided that the Mobil 1 Mustang is an excellent vehicle to mount various cameras in & on.” added Varner. In addition to TEK Racing videography, other competitors are welcome to mount their video cams and get the action of their race from a 3rd party perspective as well. “It’ll all get compiled at season end!” said Eric.

Final preparations have begun on the Mobil 1 Mustang in anticipation of Round 1 at MSRH on January 31. “The car should be really competitive now that Todd’s given me the leeway to prep it the way I want. I’ve already removed the cruise control, electric mirrors and trunk release. This car was a consistent podium finisher when I raced against it years ago and I’m hoping to consistently put it in winner’s circle after trimming the excessive weight and updating the suspension!”.

You can follow this historic CMC restoration and championship effort on TEK Racing’s website here: www.tek-racing.net/Varvini.htm or contact Todd Covini or Eric Varner for more information.

GlennCMC70
01-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Eric, at least just get it driveable so you can turn a few laps in HPDE or TT so you can further evaluate the condition of the car.

good to see you officially back.

mitchntx
01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Good to have you back, Eric. I certainly have missed your presence, if only as a disappearing dot in my windshield.

I guess I was a few days too late ... Covini beat me to it. But this sounds like a sweet deal ... Todd footing the bill and you writing the checks. Very sweet deal!

michaelmosty
01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Congratulation to team Vernivinu!! It'll be great to have both Todd and Eric back in the pits and on track! :D

evarner
01-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back. :D

Hopefully, we will be able to get some great video footage, but I'm worried about being able to stay up with you guys enough to capture something else besides being solo in the back out there.

Looking forward to having some fun in a friendly environment. 8)

AllZWay
01-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Cool...It will be good to see the Ranchero back on track.

Al Fernandez
01-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Excellent stuff! Love the web site with the play by play.

Welcome back...both of you! :lol: 8)

Adam Ginsberg
01-14-2009, 05:18 PM
We should all buy stock in Tums. I think Glenn's going to be eating allot of them this season..... ;)

Congrats, Eric.

RichardP
01-14-2009, 06:58 PM
but I'm worried about being able to stay up with you guys

It's started already...

Welcome back. You've got a lot of work ahead of you to clinch Todd's standard second place in the championship. :)

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Team Jordan will be back but in CMC2. I can't wait to race again even though I have not been back in the car since ECR. Glad your back Eric.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
01-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Crap....now Varner to worry about too?!?!? Crap.....

Welcome back Sir Shuvarner.

Oh yeah, and Todd too.

mitchntx
01-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Crap....now Varner to worry about too?!?!? Crap.....

Welcome back Sir Shuvarner.

Oh yeah, and Todd too.

We'll get Todd to take Bryan for a ride in the car and then team ShuVarVini will be a moot point.

Todd Covini
01-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Bryan is bad ju-ju for me.
He's had plenty drop-top rides and can carry his own now.

Team Varnini is in it for the entire season.

Fox Power!

http://www.scactionsports.com/fox%20racing.jpg

AI#97
01-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Bryan is bad ju-ju for me.
He's had plenty drop-top rides and can carry his own now.

Team Varnini is in it for the entire season.

Fox Power!

http://www.scactionsports.com/fox%20racing.jpg

How ironic....isn't that logo from Fox Racing shocks for OFF ROAD vehicles?!!!! LOL!!!!

David Love AI27
01-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Eric, Todd... who are these guys you speak of :?

David Love AI27
01-15-2009, 01:39 AM
but I'm worried about being able to stay up with you guys

It's started already...

Oh, yes, now I remember this Eric guy... Car was never ready, not sure if he was gonna make it, might miss the event... it is all coming back to me now...

Todd will be there but never shows, Eric won't be there but shows up and kicks ass... I AM SOOO CONFUSED!!!!

Matt you better step it up, your gonna get lost in the Team Varvini soap opera

evarner
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm looking forward to getting a tan in the new ride, that's all. :D

Maybe youz guyz will be kind enough to give me some free passes, eh? 8)

mitchntx
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Maybe youz guyz will be kind enough to give me some free passes, eh? 8)

Who lied and said things have changed?

Adam Ginsberg
01-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh, yes, now I remember this Eric guy... Car was never ready, not sure if he was gonna make it, might miss the event... it is all coming back to me now...

And if any of you fall for it this season, you get what you deserve. :)

AI#97
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM

Like I said David, I will most likely only be attending two events this year....folks should be happy about that. Looks like Cresson and Hallett are my two for the year. If the Barber deal in April falls through, I might make TWS....car is currently in 100's of pieces so I hope I make Cresson! :oops:

jeffburch
01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
What Barber deal?
jb

Todd Covini
01-15-2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.cybersalt.org/cl_images/1zzzzxa/cats/catshave2.jpg

David Love AI27
01-15-2009, 03:07 PM

Like I said David, I will most likely only be attending two events this year....folks should be happy about that. Looks like Cresson and Hallett are my two for the year. If the Barber deal in April falls through, I might make TWS....car is currently in 100's of pieces so I hope I make Cresson! :oops:

I wanna see "real time" net cam of these so called 100 pieces...

fair warning, I will be at TDE event... better bring rent car or the jig is up...

Todd Covini
01-15-2009, 03:24 PM

Todd will be there but never shows, Eric won't be there but shows up and kicks ass... I AM SOOO CONFUSED!!!!

Fair & accurate analysis, David....and that's why Team Varvini is a perfect match for the season.
I'll be there.
Eric is questionable.
...and we'll kick ass!!!
(I can see the #2 curse being lifted from me now....)

(Where are all the other Team Announcements? I find it hard to believe that Team Varvini & Team Jordan are the only ones.)

<<hint...hint...>>
<<que the other announcements>>

AI#97
01-15-2009, 04:32 PM
What Barber deal?
jb

Mustangs only....

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2326

Actually, now that I think about it...I missed the sign up date so TWS it is....maybe?

AI#97
01-15-2009, 04:34 PM
(I can see the #2 curse being lifted from me now....)

(Where are all the other Team Announcements? I find it hard to believe that Team Varvini & Team Jordan are the only ones.)

Curse? Is it a good idea to have two members of the "hang time" club on one team?! :shock:

David, I would take a picture but it isn't pretty...roof is coming off....again.

AI#97
01-15-2009, 04:36 PM
fair warning, I will be at TDE event... better bring rent car or the jig is up...

I don't instruct for TDE...I have been invited but have yet to be able to make the new instructor seminar as it is always on a NASA weekend. Have fun.

Jeremy Gunter
01-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Didn't want to clog up a welcome post Todd, so...

I have known the Mosty family for a long time... maybe 14 years or so... I begged and pleaded for them to let me join their team and for a small $250k buy in they let me put the sticker on my car, and the name in my sig... They are even letting me use their rookie plate!

I will be glad to see you back on track! I hear you used to be fast, like when Elvis was alive?

David Love AI27
01-15-2009, 09:38 PM
David Love and Jason Love will again be campaigning the #27 Camaro as Team LiiR (Love in it Racing). We did the required Dyno Day to participate in the American Iron Series and will run AI at events where there is a large enough car count to qualify for contencency prizes. If the car count is not there, then we will defend our AIX Regional Championship.

We will also be participating in Time Trials with the #10 Mustang.

Jason's new sig should be:

2008 NASA Texas Regional AIX Rookie of the Year
2008 NASA Texas Regional AIX Runnerup
2008 NASA Texas Regional AIX Co-champion
2008 NASA Texas Regional TTA 3rd place

Just a little incentive for the new guys...

chicane23
01-15-2009, 09:46 PM

I will have to make note of this....thanks for the heads up!

AI#97
01-15-2009, 10:21 PM

well, I forgot to put the date on them but here you go....

http://www.aggie97.com/one.JPG

http://www.aggie97.com/two.JPG

David Love AI27
01-15-2009, 11:00 PM

well, I forgot to put the date on them but here you go....

ok.. ok.. I called your bluff and you showed your cards :oops: ... you win :( ...

LOL

HOWEVER, I only see a couple of hours work left... see you at MSR Houston :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Todd Covini
01-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Looks the same as the Mobil 1 Mustang.
I could have it back on track in 2 weekends. 8)

David Love AI27
01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Looks the same as the Mobil 1 Mustang.
My new team mate could have it back on track in 2 weekends. 8)

Todd Covini
01-15-2009, 11:31 PM
:roll: same thing :roll:

michaelmosty
01-16-2009, 12:26 AM
David, glad to hear the #10 Mustang is going to be on track running TT. Let us know if you need any help with setup or parts. :)

Al Fernandez
01-16-2009, 08:38 AM
I hear you used to be fast, like when Elvis was alive?
:lol: :lol:
Wait...Elvis is dead? :? Wasnt he at our banquet last year?

AI#97
01-16-2009, 08:59 AM
HOWEVER, I only see a couple of hours work left... see you at MSR Houston :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

spindles won't be back in time so no bueno. I also have a list that is nearly two pages long of things I am replacing, improving or detailing. I am also going to rework my harness bar on the cage and removing unused brackets and making the car easier to work on. The problem is every time I start one item, I see 3 others I would like to go ahead and address. I am starting to see why it took Daron and Mason nearly a year to do their car right!!! :lol:

David Love AI27
01-16-2009, 09:09 AM
The problem is every time I start one item, I see 3 others I would like to go ahead and address. :lol:

DUDE!! I can relate to that... My car needs SSSSOOOO much work it is overwhelming... I started a list of just a few changes, but each change required two or three others, got to the end of the page and threw it away.. anyway, good luck... see you in a couple of weeks

David Love AI27
01-16-2009, 09:22 AM
David, glad to hear the #10 Mustang is going to be on track running TT. Let us know if you need any help with setup or parts. :)

I figure the main thing is get it to the track then let you foxy guys look it over and give suggestions... I have tried to get help over the forum and received lots of good advice but it is always easier to get help when someone can actually see the issue..

michaelmosty
01-16-2009, 10:16 AM

I figure the main thing is get it to the track then let you foxy guys look it over and give suggestions... I have tried to get help over the forum and received lots of good advice but it is always easier to get help when someone can actually see the issue..
Sounds good, we'll bring our hammers and JB Weld and fix her right up. 8)

David Love AI27
01-16-2009, 09:41 PM

Sounds good, we'll bring our hammers and JB Weld and fix her right up. 8)

I'm bringing it to the NASATX event NOT the LeMons event...

Mason
01-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Daron Cooke and I will return in AI75 as team Down Under Racing to defend the AI Championship. The car hasn't been touched since the last TDE event, but we're going to drag it down to Houston and have some fun.

Then we'll get back to work on it! :twisted:

Mason - Down Under Racing AI75