PDA

View Full Version : News on the teal car ...

mitchntx
01-16-2009, 10:17 PM
As a refresher and for those who don't know ...

http://www.lawmotorsports.net/Chassis4.htm

Glenn and I built this car early last year and it found a new owner in December. At some point is time, we'll probably see this car racing with us. For now, the owner wants to hit a few DEs and just have some fun.

That will not be a good day ...

In November the car laid down 264/309. Those are great dyno numbers.

The new owner e-mailed me some weight information. How about 3134 with 200lbs in the driver's seat, 5/8 tank of fuel and a 49.4% cross weight as delivered?

This car still has the pop-up Firebird head lights installed.

Damn, I should have sold them the white car ...

Adam Ginsberg
01-17-2009, 01:36 AM
But the 4th gen is saddled with an unobtainable minimum weight unless it's fuel starved and has a Danica Patrick-weighted driver.

michaelmosty
01-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Excellent news Mitch. Being at minimum weight I guess he will have to run a 47mm restrictor plate to get to 260. :lol:

Nick
01-17-2009, 09:41 AM
The new owner e-mailed me some weight information. How about 3134 with 200lbs in the driver's seat, 5/8 tank of fuel and a 49.4% cross weight as delivered?

mitchntx
01-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I hope to get it on a common scale so that we can compare apples to apples. But it certainly looks like a good build.

But the 4th gen is saddled with an unobtainable minimum weight unless it's fuel starved and has a Danica Patrick-weighted driver.

LOL

Adam, I feel confident that you will do for SoCal exactly what you did for Texas.

8)

AI#97
01-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Glenn and I built this car early last year and it found a new owner in December. At some point is time, we'll probably see this car racing with us. For now, the owner wants to hit a few DEs and just have some fun.

You should have posted that info with a couple lap times and I bet it would have sold for a few dollars more!!!

So...let's say you were to build another one...did you keep good notes?! ;)

GlennCMC70
01-17-2009, 09:01 PM

You should have posted that info with a couple lap times and I bet it would have sold for a few dollars more!!!

honestly Matt, we pretty much build each car the same.

mitchntx
01-17-2009, 09:12 PM

Hind sight ... :wink: Each one we build gets a little better than the last.

But to answer the question directly ... yes. The folder of notes, parts list and receipts is rather thick.

When we supplied the new owner with copies of most everything, including the complete wiring schematic that Glenn created, he was a little overwhelmed. Who here has purchased a race car with complete schematic of the wiring, stem to stern?

And in hindsight, I need to confirm with the new owner that that weight still includes the headlight stuff. That just doesn't seem right.