PDA

View Full Version : CMC2 #82 Introduction

RichardP
01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Since all of the major hurdles seem to be behind us, I thought I’d go ahead and introduce CMC2 #82 set to compete this coming weekend at MSR Houston.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3363/3227886848_41fb44f473.jpg

Red Shift Racing leader Dan Allford has enlisted the help of the championship winning duo of Chris Marvel and Richard Pedersen to compete in the Camaro Mustang Challenge 2 class for the 2009 NASA Tx race season. Chris will be driving the #82 ARC Specialties Automated Manufacturing Systems fourth generation LT1 Camaro owned by Dan Allford. Richard Pedersen will be the crew chief for the team with assistance from Craig Wiseman. CompTac.com will be joining us as an associate sponsor.

We look forward to seeing everyone out at the race track. It should be a good race season.

Richard P.

Adam Ginsberg
01-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Looks much better. Some ugly yellow thing followed me all the way from SoCal to DFW back in the summer.

:)

jeffburch
01-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Finally, some competition here in......... ah, nevermind. :? :D

Very nice guys.

jb

michaelmosty
01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Looks great Richard, it will be good having you and Chris back out there!

AllZWay
01-26-2009, 11:05 AM
The car looks good. Should be a fun year.

ShadowBolt
01-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Do you think it will be safe to stand by the fence at MSRH this weekend if Chris is driving?

JJ

RichardP
01-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Do you think it will be safe to stand by the fence at MSRH this weekend if Chris is driving?

:D They put hay bales back where Chris is likely to have problems...

Richard P.

jeffburch
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Marvel or Lyons? 8)
jb

ShadowBolt
01-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Marvel or Lyons? 8)
jb

I only know one Chris (from the driver's Edge) and we all called him "Big Chris". I assume this is Chris Marvel. He past me going into the big rt. hand sweeper and next thing I know he's taking out all the fencing way way off track. I bet he was still going almost 80 when he hit the fence.

Oh, by the way...welcome.

JJ

RichardP
01-26-2009, 11:46 AM
I only know one Chris (from the driver's Edge) and we all called him "Big Chris". JJ

Yea, that's the correct Chris. Chris Lyons, the AI racer, has also proven himself quite adept at testing the tensile strength of the galvanized woven fencing material surrounding MSRH...

Richard P.

mitchntx
01-26-2009, 11:47 AM
That is definitely a silk purse compared to what I saw a few weeks ago. Looks very nice.

Good to see you guys wised up and came over to the bright side. :lol:

It's going to be a fun year.

AllZWay
01-26-2009, 11:57 AM
I only know one Chris (from the driver's Edge) and we all called him "Big Chris". JJ

Yea, that's the correct Chris. Chris Lyons, the AI racer, has also proven himself quite adept at testing the tensile strength of the galvanized woven fencing material surrounding MSRH...

Richard P.

Add me to that list also. :evil:

Adam Ginsberg
01-26-2009, 11:58 AM
So, in TX, it's a unique combination of hoods, hood pins.....and fencing?

RichardP
01-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I bet he was still going almost 80 when he hit the fence.

Just as a point of reference, I believe the data acquisition had us at 42 mph at contact... :)

Richard P.

David Love AI27
01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Although I was driving the lowly Neon, when CM rocketed past me... I did take a mental note of the ferraris, porsches and other fast cars that he was gridded BEHIND and some how came past me IN FRONT of the aforementioned supercars... You CMC2 guys better bring your A-game...

I know Richard will hate me for this post, cus he was very coy over the weekend and I know he doesn't want any data to get out... HOWEVER, if you don't want the world to know better rent the track for PRIVATE testing... LOL

Richard is never a big smack talker so I will do it for him... The car is fast and Chris can really get around ANY track... and Richard never really denied the fact that they will be front runners, he just changed the subject to reliability... :twisted:

I've had the oppertunity to ride with Chris a couple of times and if you ever want your car "pressure tested", he is your man...

mitchntx
01-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Just as a point of reference, I believe the data acquisition had us at 42 mph at contact... :)

Richard P.

Maybe he meant KPH

AI#97
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Glad to see you guys back in the game...just wish it were in an AI car! :wink:

jeffburch
01-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Richard P.
So what did the DAQ say was a fast lap for CM in this car?
jb

cmarvel
01-26-2009, 01:26 PM

Richard P.

Actually I think it was 22 mph. The REALLY cool part was that you could watch the car go into the fence and spring back on the GPS trace ;)

RichardP
01-26-2009, 01:27 PM
So what did the DAQ say was a fast lap for CM in this car?

Poor wiring caused a short/blown fuse so no daq for the weekend. There might have been a cheap stop watch function as part of my watch on the car at some point during the weekend...

Richard P.

evarner
01-26-2009, 01:33 PM
1:44.382?!?

That's faaaaast!

<the above is for entertainment purposes only>

Looking forward to seeing you and Chris out there once again. /cheers

RichardP
01-26-2009, 01:35 PM
The car is fast and Chris can really get around ANY track...

Thanks Dave... We'll see.

Is this where I'm supposed to show a view of the rear of the car so people can recognize it on track???

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3125/3229380382_2f063fbed0.jpg

Richard P.

cjlmlml
01-26-2009, 01:52 PM

Richard P.

Good one.

mitchntx
01-26-2009, 01:56 PM

Chris Lyons, the AI racer, has also proven himself quite adept at testing the tensile strength of the galvanized woven fencing material surrounding MSRH...

Richard P.

Oh you mean "Big Head Chris"?

Al Fernandez
01-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the CMC2 world boys. Hey Chris, did we meet that one weekend a few years ago when I was picking up a green camaro? Anyway...see you guys this weekend. Careful though, Mitch was telling me last night he's not going to be nice to anyone trying to unseat him from his CMC2 throne. He is going for three in a row, you know?

cmarvel
01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I think we met up in Cresson when you first came to the area. I'm looking forward to the season.

And I am NOT getting the poke stick out this early!!!

mitchntx
01-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Varvini or Mardeson ... damn! :x

And I am NOT getting the poke stick out this early!!!

It's gonna be fun.

Between Jerry and Chris, my 47 is in serious jeopardy .... :(

RichardP
01-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Careful though, Mitch was telling me last night he's not going to be nice to anyone trying to unseat him from his CMC2 throne. He is going for three in a row, you know?

We welcome the most excellent competition (and the opportunity for Toyo Bucks) but I am a bit confused? Mitch wrote this a while back:

All indications show that the deuce will be a lot of fun this year.

However, I've decided to run in CMC this year.

C'mon Mitch. The duce is where the future lies... :D

Richard P.

mitchntx
01-26-2009, 03:35 PM
C'mon Mitch. The duce is where the future lies... :D

Richard P.

What's the "Cal Due Date" on your crystal ball?

8)

RichardP
01-26-2009, 04:04 PM
What's the "Cal Due Date" on your crystal ball?

I don't have a clue on that and I don't believe anyone else when they say they do. I just want you to stay in 2... :D

Richard P.

mitchntx
01-26-2009, 05:01 PM
I just want you to stay in 2... :D

Richard P.

All my stuff is for sale.

AI#97
01-26-2009, 05:09 PM

yeah, I don't think so... isn't that the AIX record? ;)

BryanL
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Car looks great, welcome to the mix. I'm sure you will hand it to all those 2 goobers this weekend.

Can't wait to hear what happens this weekend.

David Love AI27
01-27-2009, 10:20 AM
I just want you to stay in 2... :D

Richard P.

All my stuff is for sale.

ok... I'm back up.. was ROFLMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol:

evarner
01-27-2009, 11:33 PM

My bad, I thought AI would have been much faster than that by now. :P

AI#97
01-28-2009, 09:44 AM

My bad, I thought AI would have been much faster than that by now. :P

Actually, MY AI record is faster than MY AIX record! LOL!!! I have been much faster in Qual though and knocking on the door of 43's...

I still laugh at you guys thinking AI is SOOOOO much faster than CMC. we aren't.... :cry:

RichardP
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Actually, MY AI record is faster than MY AIX record!

Sadly, the AI lap record is faster than the AIX lap record for all the NASA TX tracks...

Richard P.

AI#97
01-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Actually, MY AI record is faster than MY AIX record!

Sadly, the AI lap record is faster than the AIX lap record for all the NASA TX tracks...

Richard P.

You are right....I would like to fix that someday! :oops:

evarner
01-28-2009, 11:39 AM
I still laugh at you guys thinking AI drivers are SOOOOO much faster than CMC. we aren't.... :cry:

Fixed 8) :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
I still laugh at you guys thinking AI is SOOOOO much faster than CMC. we aren't.... :cry:

who thought that?

Hood
01-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Hopefully, within a year or so, I'll have the AIX Camaro up and running. We'll have to do something about those records...

You can see both my cars here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34827785@N02/?saved=1[/img]

AI#97
01-28-2009, 01:13 PM

who thought that?

The comment has always been that with "100 more horsepower" and big brakes and tires and aero, we should be like 10 seconds a lap faster. Considering there are AI cars in the US that are basically CMC cars suspension wise with AI power, no aero and just AI tires that are winning national championships... All those modifications still only equal 2 to 4 seconds a lap. Hence my theory that CMC/2 is really only a different part number for a cam and some brakes away from AI performance. Maybe not to the full extent of AI rules, just current AI performance.

that's all....

Adam Ginsberg
01-29-2009, 02:21 AM
All those modifications still only equal 2 to 4 seconds a lap.

Look up the results for BMP in Oct 2007. Sometimes, the CMC cars are 2 to 4 seconds faster than the AI cars.

;)

David Love AI27
01-29-2009, 11:21 AM

Look up the results for BMP in Oct 2007. Sometimes, the CMC cars are 2 to 4 seconds faster than the AI cars.

;)

Heck David R kept up with most of the pack in a honda and some of the miatas put down some good times... there is more to it than HP

AI#97
01-29-2009, 01:18 PM

;)

so what you are saying is if I went to barber for a race weekend, I would Own their AI field?

LOL!!!

RichardP
01-29-2009, 08:30 PM
To bring this thread back on topic...

Dan Allford and Chris Marvel have decided to team up and share driving duties of the #82 CMC2 Camaro under Red Shift Racing for the NASA TX 2009 racing season.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3404/3237173343_17dbc487ef.jpg

Richard P.

Todd Covini
01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Got it.
So Chris, Richard & Dan are All-Ford.

Why are you guys campaigning a Chevy again?

cmarvel
01-30-2009, 09:44 AM
That is a running joke. Allford has never owned a single Ford in his life.

But he did decide to make the team happen about 30 seconds after he stepped out of Richard's Mustang at Cresson LOL!

AllZWay
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
It really sucks for you guys this weekend, but I will be curious to know what the final determination of the problem was.

cmarvel
02-02-2009, 11:57 AM
We'll keep you posted. Really sorry I couldn't get in and mix it up this weekend. Based on our lap times (and what I observed in race 1) I think the engine really wasn't there anyway.

I enjoyed racing with you guys again, and with any luck we will be back soon.

BryanL
02-02-2009, 12:21 PM
If you guys end up needing another LT1 let me know as I have 2 I want to get rid of. Hope you don't need them.

cmarvel
02-02-2009, 12:25 PM
I am almost certain that we will. Is your LT-1 stuff in the for sale section, or do you just want to PM me with info?

Thanks!

michaelmosty
02-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Get w/ Mitch, I hear his Shit might be for sale. :lol:

(Nothin but love) :P

David Love AI27
02-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Get w/ Mitch, I hear his Shit might be for sale. :lol:

(Nothin but love) :P

nuttin' but net.... ROFLMFAO!!!!

Needs to be edited tho... "ALL his Shit is for sale and some of his Shit is fo FREE"

ps Thanks fo the tool benches/box, Mitch... or is it "bitch", that Todd guy has me confused :twisted:

RichardP
03-03-2016, 11:56 AM
And then there were three, uh, I mean two. Red Shift Racing is expanding to a two car team. As seen in the entry list for Cresson, Dan and I are both signed up for CMC. Joining the #82 Orange CMC Camaro will be the new #47 Silver CMC Camaro. Looking back at the pictures earlier in this thread really highlights the wear and tear the #82 car has seen in the last several years. For now, the #47 car is looking fresh and clean and ready to race. Dan will be driving the new car. I will be one of the drivers for the old car. I'm looking forward to getting back behind the wheel in a race. Not really looking forward to driving a Camaro prepared to the CMC level...

If things go well, we'll achieve our goal of being the highest finishing Camaros in CMC. See you out there.

Richard P.

Pranav
03-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Dan, your hood is hilarious.

AllZWay
03-03-2016, 12:47 PM
The new car looks awesome... the old one.. not so much. ;)

ShadowBolt
03-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Richard,

How close set-up wise do you guys like the car? I just wondered if you were going to go with different spring rates or if you like the car the way Dan likes it.

JJ

RichardP
03-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Richard,

How close set-up wise do you guys like the car? I just wondered if you were going to go with different spring rates or if you like the car the way Dan likes it.

JJ

I don't think we have really settled on the setup yet. The new car is starting out softer than the old one and seemed to work well in testing. Still have different bars and springs to play with on the Friday test day.

The Orange car will be unchanged for Cresson but we have ordered parts to soften it up. The current setup is not what I want on there...

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
03-03-2016, 01:36 PM
I don't think we have really settled on the setup yet. The new car is starting out softer than the old one and seemed to work well in testing. Still have different bars and springs to play with on the Friday test day.

The Orange car will be unchanged for Cresson but we have ordered parts to soften it up. The current setup is not what I want on there...

Richard P.

Your last sentence answered my question.

JJ

mach1
03-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Sorry Dan, supercharged 6 cylinders are not CMC legal, I think you can run in AI though??

Fbody383
03-03-2016, 03:09 PM
If things go well, we'll achieve our goal of being the highest finishing Camaros in CMC. Perfectly fine... for Cresson.

Supercharged111
03-03-2016, 06:37 PM

Richard P.

We had a guy in my region go to a stiff setup and really like it. I'm contemplating going back myself, but have a couple small tweaks to try first.

BryanL
03-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Awesome! Love the 2 car team with the top fuel LT1. We should definitely have an award for the top F-body of every weekend-ready to see how the new one compares.

RichardP
04-20-2016, 09:19 AM
And then there were three. Red Shift Racing is expanding to a three car team. Joining us for the first time at TWS in Proctor's old car will be Kent Wiseman. Kent used to race Formula V's in the SCCA with Dan. We let him drive the Orange car at a DE a while back and the pull was too strong when we showed him the deal James was offering for a formerly very competitive car.

Joining Dan and Kent at TWS will be a fresh driver in the #82 Orange Camaro. Josh Sooknanan will be driving in HPDE and getting his competition license soon.

See you at the track...

Richard P.

mach1
04-20-2016, 09:44 AM
And then there were three. Red Shift Racing is expanding to a three car team. Joining us for the first time at TWS in Proctor's old car will be Kent Wiseman. Kent used to race Formula V's in the SCCA with Dan. We let him drive the Orange car at a DE a while back and the pull was too strong when we showed him the deal James was offering for a formerly very competitive car.

Joining Dan and Kent at TWS will be a fresh driver in the #82 Orange Camaro. Josh Sooknanan will be driving in HPDE and getting his competition license soon.

See you at the track...

Richard P.

Thats awesome!

Supercharged111
04-20-2016, 11:05 AM
What exactly is Red Shift Racing? All cars owned by one person or something? What are the benefits? Just curious.

AllZWay
04-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Cool.. Glad you see you guys are ready to get it on track.

ShadowBolt
04-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Miss you James!

JJ

RichardP
04-20-2016, 01:21 PM
What exactly is Red Shift Racing? All cars owned by one person or something? What are the benefits? Just curious.

A few years back, I let Dan drive my AI car at a DE. He liked it so much he had me find him a CMC car. I found a car for him in California, had it painted it Orange, and put Dan's #82 on it. RedShift Racing is the name of the team that Dan had when he raced motorcycles in Baja. The name and logo carried over to the car. After a few years racing, Dan bought a new car and we built it into a fresh CMC car and put #47 on it. Dan's Orange car is still around and being driven by the people who helped out with racing and building the new car. Kent is the brother of one of the guys that's been helping out all along. Kent doesn't have a garage but Dan is lending him some space at his shop to store and work on the car that we found for him to buy. The people that have been helping get one car ready to race are now using the same space and tools to prepare three cars. We're still trying to figure that part out...

Richard P.

Al Fernandez
04-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Excellent
Good to see Cameron's multiplying

marshall_mosty
04-21-2016, 05:48 AM
That's awesome!!

Pranav
04-21-2016, 08:27 AM
Excellent
Good to see Cameron's multiplying

Wade
04-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Congrats! Good news for CMC.

Daniel Allford
04-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Actually the system at Red Shift is a bit more complicated than Richard would lead you to believe.

We operate as an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs or by a two thirds majority in the case of.......well you get the idea.

Dan #47

Alien
04-21-2016, 02:40 PM
Bollocks. The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that Mosty, Michael, was to carry Excalibur. That is why he is your series director.

Daniel Allford
04-21-2016, 03:30 PM
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Dan #47

Fbody383
04-25-2016, 07:29 AM
If I was to wave around the series rules claiming I was a Director they would put me away.

Al Fernandez
04-25-2016, 10:34 AM
The other neat aspect to Red Shift is they send employees who drive Mustangs on business trips during race weekends to trim the competition.
Craig, Dan's got a position he'd like to chat with you about by the way.