PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

David Love AI27
02-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Looking for best "no budget" clutch. Last year I bought an expensive Kevlar clutch set... it only lasted 2 sessions at Cresson... I was pissed at the wasted money so bought the cheapest stock clutch NAPA had available. It was pretty good last year (5 race weekends and 4 or 5 DE weekends including Misti's July 5th Burnoutpalooza ). It started slipping pretty bad this weekend, so I need to replace it, any suggestions?? Stay with the stock one??

AI#97
02-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Just a suggestion but I have one of the dual friction kevlar clutches in my car...been there since 2002... $269 complete.

buy a winch for putting the car on the trailer...saves a lot of headaches!

michaelmosty
02-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I think I am using a RAM clutch, that is what the guy that sold me the trans. said. It was used and put in 4 years ago and has never had a problem.

AllZWay
02-02-2009, 10:47 AM
David.. Glenn might have a disk he can sell you.

GlennCMC70
02-02-2009, 11:00 AM
two things David. from the oil i see under your car, that is likely the reason your clutch is slipping.
and i do have a pair of Ram dual friction dics i can sell you. let me know the diamiter and spline count.

David Love AI27
02-02-2009, 11:45 AM
two things David. from the oil i see under your car, that is likely the reason your clutch is slipping.
and i do have a pair of Ram dual friction dics i can sell you. let me know the diamiter and spline count.

Had the same thought about oil, but it looks like it is rear intake manifold leak (you guys know me... Mr cheapskate used cork front and rear man. gasket). I will get with you on the clutch size...

David Love AI27
02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I think I am using a RAM clutch, that is what the guy that sold me the trans. said. It was used and put in 4 years ago and has never had a problem.

had a Ram in first tranny before the motor blew... Shoulda went back with another one :(