PDA

View Full Version : Lemons 2/28...who's showin' up to play?!

AI#97
02-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Post up if you are racing, crewing or watching. Hope to see you guys soon! It's going to be a blast again!

Yeehaw!!!! It's Lemons racing in Texas!!!!

Rob Liebbe
02-04-2009, 03:20 PM
I'll be there as part of the Purple Pinball team of Neons.

mitchntx
02-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Glenn and I have been offered a seat on a team in exchange for installing a cage. Not sure either of us want to do it ...

Al Fernandez
02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Purple Pinball team of Neons
Who is that??

Rob Liebbe
02-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Misty Cain, David Love, et al.

cjlmlml
02-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Glenn and I have been offered a seat on a team in exchange for installing a cage. Not sure either of us want to do it ...

wussies

AI#97
02-04-2009, 04:41 PM

If you bought a bolt in autopower cage....that would make a cheap entry fee... If you don't do it, you don't have a pair of nuts between you monkeys!!!! :twisted:

Seriously, it's some of the best fun available and a great break from "hard core" competition!

Alien
02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
I'll be there again as crew for the WitchdoctorMotorsports / Bikini Racer 3G Camaro. Hoping to better our 2nd place finish from last time. :twisted:

David Love AI27
02-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Jason and I will be driving for the Purple Pinball Neon Team with Rob and Misti and a couple of the TWS Motorsports instructors... lookin' fer a 1-2 finish... all drivers are very experienced and the cars are reliable... gotta run mistake free to beat the former Texas Champions...

mitchntx
02-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Seriously, it's some of the best fun available and a great break from "hard core" competition!

That means every NASA weekend is a Lemons weekend for me.

michaelmosty
02-04-2009, 06:05 PM
We have at least 50 lbs. that will be coming off the Corolla. I already sold the p/s pump, bracket, res, and lines that weighed about 20 lbs. Still need to cut the impact beam out of the drivers door and completely gut the passenger door.
The rest of the weight is going to be taken care of via Matt's new plasma cutter.

David Love AI27
02-04-2009, 06:07 PM

That means every NASA weekend is a Lemons weekend for me.

Swish... nuttin' but net.... LOL

michaelmosty
02-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh, we are also going to run 93 octane this time. That should gain us 2 hp, which we might actually feel. :)

David Love AI27
02-04-2009, 06:13 PM
We have at least 50 lbs. that will be coming off the Corolla. I already sold the p/s pump, bracket, res, and lines that weighed about 20 lbs. Still need to cut the impact beam out of the drivers door and completely gut the passenger door.
The rest of the weight is going to be taken care of via Matt's new plasma cutter.

I'm sure the heavy equipment operator will appreciate that... less strain on the "jaws of death"... I'll bring tools to help you strip it before destruction... better convert all them coins to foldin' money, don't think the judges would like being bribed with their own coinage ...

michaelmosty
02-04-2009, 06:44 PM
No bribes needed. Our declared value we got from LeMons was $499.97. We got $95 for the p/s parts so our current value is $404.97.
We're gonna be the first car to win the race w/ a $400 value. :twisted:

GlennCMC70
02-04-2009, 06:52 PM

wussies

and you were where racing this past weekend?
how many cars did you build last year?
how many are you being asked to build in the next few months?
thought so.

David Love AI27
02-04-2009, 06:56 PM
No bribes needed. Our declared value we got from LeMons was $499.97. We got $95 for the p/s parts so our current value is $404.97.
We're gonna be the first car to win the race w/ a $400 value. :twisted:

you guys should sell it before it gets destroyed..... :twisted: :twisted:

I'll bring the Kleenex....

heck even better have MFW bring the new cutter and cut it up for them before they get to destroy it...

has ANYONE ever won back to back events??? what is the history of return champions... might be worth the research...

You do realize that Texans are know for their "get a rope" mentality, right?

David Love AI27
02-04-2009, 06:57 PM

wussies

thought so.

BBBUUUUURRRRNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

AI#97
02-04-2009, 07:32 PM
you guys should sell it before it gets destroyed..... :twisted: :twisted:

I'll bring the Kleenex....

heck even better have MFW bring the new cutter and cut it up for them before they get to destroy it...

has ANYONE ever won back to back events??? what is the history of return champions... might be worth the research...

You do realize that Texans are know for their "get a rope" mentality, right?

History has shown that the car that gets destroyed is either a bunch of asshat drivers, or a car that is WELL worth more than $500...

We ain't skeered!

Waco Racer
02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Do I get a vote on the door beam removal?

AI#97
02-04-2009, 09:57 PM

What door beam?! :P

Rsmith350
02-04-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll be there again in support status, as usual!!!!

Jeremy Gunter
02-04-2009, 10:26 PM

So many cheap shots come to mind here, but I will keep my rookie mouth shut for now...

Rosco is back!

David Love AI27
02-04-2009, 11:41 PM
History has shown that the car that gets destroyed is either a bunch of asshat drivers, or a car that is WELL worth more than $500...

We ain't skeered!

Confuscious say...."Don't poke serpent that is about to strike, it will be a bite not soon forgotten!"

michaelmosty
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
As long as you don't hit any more cars into the tirewall. :P :lol:

We haven't done anything yet, I'll give ya a call.

wgriffin4
02-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I am still looking for a ride.....spoke to Misty at the NASA MSRH race but she said both of their cars are full.

Anyone need another PAYING co-driver?

Bill Griffin

cjlmlml
02-05-2009, 11:36 AM

wussies

thought so.

Sorry Glen, I have to put my family and my livelihood ahead of racing for a while.

Thanks for the kind words though.

mitchntx
02-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Sorry Glen, I have to put my family and my livelihood ahead of racing for a while.

Brooks? Did you hack Lyon's account again!

GlennCMC70
02-05-2009, 12:31 PM

wussies

right back at ya.

rpoz27
02-06-2009, 01:48 AM
I am still looking for a ride.....spoke to Misty at the NASA MSRH race but she said both of their cars are full.

Anyone need another PAYING co-driver?

Bill Griffin

Martin and I spoke to a couple of people who were looking for drivers last weekend. If either of us remember who they were, I'll try and connect you.

michaelmosty
02-22-2009, 05:48 PM
The car is 99% ready!!
Today Matt and I got the radios working good, transponder installed, two new tires on the front, windshield cleaned, and white walls painted. 8)

All we have left to do is put the large decal on the hood and print off two master disconnect decals for the sides.

The crazy thing is that since the last event Matt and I have less than 10 hours of labor in the car. About 2 hours of that is going over the brakes, suspension, fluids, etc. and the other time has been the theme change.

We are all getting pretty excited about the event. Last check has about 102 cars signed up so there should be a little more traffic than last time. I see the Formula M team is on the list as well.

Shortcutsleeping
02-22-2009, 08:33 PM
10 hours?
Wow...we probably have less than half that...and that includes the spraypaint to black-n-white! :D

Looking forward to it too and amazed at the number of entries. That is a LOT of cars on 1.3 miles of track.

Costas
cars and such...

AI#97
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
10 hours?
Wow...we probably have less than half that...and that includes the spraypaint to black-n-white! :D

Looking forward to it too and amazed at the number of entries. That is a LOT of cars on 1.3 miles of track.

Costas
cars and such...

Well, that's 5 hours each....hell, we spent an hour today trying figure out what we forgot to do because we have done so little. We didn't even change the oil!!!

We did find that we have been missing a header bolt all this time...but said screw it...it's lighter this way!

rpoz27
02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Our cars are 95% done. Got some minor stuff I have to finish this week.

wgriffin4
02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Cant wait for the race....will be driving for Blue Balls Racing!

AI#97
02-24-2009, 03:38 PM

Not sure that is something I would post publicly!

If Mosty gives the go ahead, I can post a pic or our beast! It should have you laughing your ass off for about 3 hours! :lol:

michaelmosty
02-24-2009, 10:17 PM

Not sure that is something I would post publicly!

If Mosty gives the go ahead, I can post a pic or our beast! It should have you laughing your ass off for about 3 hours! :lol:
Go for it!!
My white-wall idea didn't turn out as good as I had expected. I guess the fact that it helps it look like crap is a good fit. :D

AI#97
02-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Who ya gonna call for the lemons race?!!!!

mitchntx
02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
That radioactivity symbol, to be accurate, needs to be purple and gold.

It also needs to be inside triangle, not just round and shown like an upside down yield sign if it is supposed to communicate that the car has radioactive dose associated with it. It can either be a contaminated source or carries a known source within it.

And depending upon the amount of exposure one would receive, it has specific wording associated with it.

HIGH RADIATION AREA = >100mR/hr
VERY HIGH RADIATION AREA = 100mR/hr --> 1,000mR/hr
LOCKED HIGH RADIATION AREA = <1,000mR/hr
HOT SPOT = <100mR/hr on contact and 10x general area background at one foot

These are all administrative limits and with the NRC's approval can be changed.

FYI

mitchntx
02-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Here is some light reading on the determination of exposure, measuring it, it's limitations as it pertains to the work environment and proper posting of radiation areas.

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part020/

Under this provision of 10CFR20

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part020/part020-2401.html

there are strict laws and civil penalties associated with many things, including the inappropriate posting of a radiation area.

FYI

And to better understand the effects of ionizing radiation, this is a great reference book.

http://www.pacificrad.com/pages/publications.html

This is the textbook used in the Northeast Utilities Radiation Protection Technician Standardization Course.

jeremiahkellam
02-25-2009, 01:59 PM
That just took the fun out of it...

michaelmosty
02-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Mitch is a dork.

mitchntx
02-25-2009, 03:22 PM

A donut for you at MSR-C

Mitch is a dork.

And you ...

Todd Covini
02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Mitch,
It's obvious that you've been exposed to the nuclear industry for quite some time. :roll:

AI#97
02-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Mitch,
It's obvious that you've been exposed to the nuclear industry for quite some time. :roll:

No, he is just making a nerdly attempt at dispelling the myth that he is the real life Homer Simpson.

mitchntx
02-25-2009, 09:38 PM
C'Mon Matt ... or should I say ... Hello, Newman ...
You can do better than that!

FWIW ... I scored an 88 on that Northeast Utilities exam. Pick up Golnick sometime ... it's fun read! :roll:

Todd Covini
02-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah Matt, give Mitch more credit than that!
Look at his test scores, C'mon!
88 on the Golnick...sheesh.
http://www.matthewcrowe.com/homer-simpson-wallpaper-brain-1024.jpg/homer-simpson-wallpaper-brain-1024-full.jpg

AI#97
02-25-2009, 09:48 PM
C'Mon Matt ... or should I say ... Hello, Newman ...
You can do better than that!

FWIW ... I scored an 88 on that Northeast Utilities exam. Pick up Golnick sometime ... it's fun read! :roll:

I would have considered you a worthy adversary had you called me Cliff Claven....but newman? Come on man! Put the pink iced donut down and wipe the sugar from your glasses....I ain't that fat no more.

Todd Covini
02-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Back on topic....I may be in the area on Saturday and swing by to see the silliness.

mitchntx
02-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Back on topic....I may be in the area on Saturday and swing by to see the silliness.

Todd Covini
02-26-2009, 11:02 PM
GoLick Class of '88

BlueFirePony
02-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Guys that car's theme is awesome...love the white walls.
Course you did muck up the radioactivity symbol...jeeeesh!!! :twisted:

Alien
02-27-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm not even 100% sure what our theme is this time, havn't seen the car myself. Got everyone coming in tonight, gonna crash at my place. Hope we can better our 2nd place from last time. :twisted:

http://moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/393000.1020.A.jpg

I going on a limb here and guessing that from L to R it's...

Jeremy, MFW, Clifton... where's Michael? Dare I say the hot chick?

marshall_mosty
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Either Jeremy or Clifton will be Slimer...

Based on similar hairlines, Michael is definately Dr. Peter Venkman. 8)

Todd Covini
02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Is MFW driving on the team again? :wink:
http://www.ghostbustershq.com/egons/staypuft.jpg

marshall_mosty
02-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Just talked to Michael.

According to Michael,

"We're in the lead by almost three laps and are having a blast. Other than a couple of close calls with three wide through some of the turns and a bit of tire lockup, it's working great."

"We are trying to be in the pits as little as possible. I just completed a 3 1/2 hour stint. Clifton is in the car now and he should finish out the day."

"The Ghostbuster's theme was a hit. It was hilarious. We'll post pictures after the event."

More to come later.

AllZWay
02-28-2009, 06:07 PM
COOL....Tell them to keep it up.

mitchntx
02-28-2009, 06:21 PM
That's a big twinkie

marshall_mosty
02-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Day 1 Update...

Team Schwing is in 1st place by 3 laps. Michael drove the first stint. 3 1/2 hours on ONE tank of fuel... amazing. Clifton did the second stint in 3 hours to close out day 1.

MFW and Jeremy will have driving duties tomorrow. Jeremy will take the first seat tomorrow and Matt will drive anchor.

Not bad for some "professional" drivers...

Todd Covini
02-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Wish I could have come by. Couldn't entice my daughter to take the long way home from Katy by way of Angleton. :cry:

marshall_mosty
03-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Talked to Michael at about noon. Jeremy put the car in a tire wall and they had to come in for a penalty. Had a "get out of the penalty box free" card and just did a driver swap. Matt got in the car and then went off in traffic. Had to bring it in a for a penalty stop. Jeremy got back in the car and they are currently in 4th 4 laps down.

They only have one more stop to go and should make up some time once people start making pit stops.

ShadowBolt
03-01-2009, 06:15 PM
http://jalopnik.com/tag/24-hours-of-lemons/

Alien
03-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Whew... That was fun I think. We finished prolly mid pack (but did finish) and ended up with the "We got screwed award". Short story, the end piece of the tech inspector's pen clogged our fuel line. Details and pics later.

A quick thanks to Jason Love (and anyone else out there) that helped us wik our pit stops (holding fire ext.) Wish they woulda announced it sooner than the day of that ALL crew over the wall needed to be in full nomex gear. :roll:

Tired and hungry, will post more later.

Rob Liebbe
03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Mustangs RULE!!!!

marshall_mosty
03-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Talked to Michael a few hours ago. Team Schwing came in 4th. Too many penalties today put them too far back in the pack to be able to podium this year.

Maybe they need the power of the A-Team for next event???

David Love AI27
03-01-2009, 11:36 PM
What a weekend!! it was great to see all the AI/CMC guys... even Cory :shock: ... 'cept that he put the screws to Jason with a vet move on a rookie under yellow"... Jay is still a little hurt by it but I told him to chalk it up to experience...

Most of the drivers holding comp licenses were very frustrated at the poor officiating and the wrong/missed calls... I for one was tagged in the right rear tire and made a pretty good save completing a right then left set of corners while sideways through both but was "flagged" for going two off... when I started to explain that I was hit, the judge said "contact incures a bigger penalty than just two off... I was removed from the car and a mark was put against us...

We were told in the begining that we were to avoid contact by any means possible, but found out by MANY experiences that if you went off to avoid you were penalized for an "off" while the aggressor went on his merry way...

More later but for now congrats to the Mullets including our own Chris Lyons for the overall win...

On a side note one of the participants was in a bad car accident Sat night and is in the hospital, very banged up... almost all of the winners donated their prize money to a fund for the victims recovery...

GlennCMC70
03-01-2009, 11:40 PM
wow - go CL.

michaelmosty
03-02-2009, 03:13 AM
What an awesome event!! More to come later, I am a little tired now. :)

I was about 30 feet behind David when he got punted by an MR2 going over the launch. He held the tank-slapper but on about the 5th swing lost it and went off. Too bad my video had already run out at that time b/c it was an interesting sight.

Big congrats to Chris and the Formula Mullett Team!!!!! They drove a perfect race both days, too bad their celebration was delayed by a few minutes b/c of a detour Chris made on the cool-down lap. 8)

AllZWay
03-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Cograts to the Mullets. :D

AI#97
03-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Micheal, you must have posted within 5 minutes of me dropping you off at your place! :lol:

I am f'n beat...head hit the pillow at 3am left for work around 6:45... I think I spent nearly 4 hours and 45 minutes in the car on Sunday, most of which was nearly a 4 hour and 5 minute stint...I hurt all over and my "CandyAss" is certainly sore....we need more seat padding.

I was truly amazed at how fast the entire field was this time as well as the shear number of cars still running at the end....At least 50 of the original 96. This was an all out 100% race the entire 13.5 hours. Many of the returning teams had learned alot from the last race and we had to run 10/10ths 100% of the time...we had no choice with 85 hp at the wheels (guess..) This was honestly the funnest and hardest racing I have ever done and had an absolute blast.

I do agree with David that the officiating is a little screwy, but with that many inexperienced drivers on track, there has to be a pretty solid enforcement of rules. Jeremy did get boned for AVOIDING contact, as did I for my first penalty (fucking pinto! :x ), but it was better than sitting in the pits or worse from a serious contact. Many of the "pros" were struggling.

I pulled a couple of "Ernestos", one avoiding contact and the second after they "relocated" the tire wall in the chicane that surprised the shit out of me and had a HUGE off but never spun! ;) The track conditions were terrible on Sunday from all the fluids getting laid down but it was manageable.

Serious Congratulations to the Mullet team and Wonderbread 4cyl stang on a Mustang 1-2 finish! If we didn't win, it was great to keep it in the AI/CMC TX family!

Beware you pansies! The Schwing Team is going to return even faster in October!!! :twisted:

David Love AI27
03-02-2009, 09:35 AM
What an awesome event!! More to come later, I am a little tired now. :)

I was about 30 feet behind David when he got punted by an MR2 going over the launch. He held the tank-slapper but on about the 5th swing lost it and went off. Too bad my video had already run out at that time b/c it was an interesting sight.

Big congrats to Chris and the Formula Mullett Team!!!!! They drove a perfect race both days, too bad their celebration was delayed by a few minutes b/c of a detour Chris made on the cool-down lap. 8)

Hey Michael... great job by you guys!!! I'm so glad you were behind me to witness :shock: (not that it does any good), but that was the first time I have ever been hit during competition and the whole time it was like "Days of Thunder" I'm screaming into the mic... "DID YOU SEE THAT?!?! DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!" then I remembered the com was off... hehehe :oops:

NOW, back to CL... you can't leave us hanging... I missed it... what happened???

http://picasaweb.google.com/jacy.legault/Lemons2

I wanna thank my team for a great job with the theme "Blue Balls"... We had "Blue Ball Awareness" ribbons that were passed out to most of the competitors, professionally done T-shirts, the paint scheme was awsome...

The only thing missing was the pubic hair on the scrotum, a friend of the crew shaved his beard (I hope it was his beard) and brought some hair in a tupperwear container, but it got lost (personally, I think Misti was suspect of the "garden" where the hair was grown and threw it away...)

I gotta go... more later

David Love AI27
03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
oh and for you oldr guys... my contribution to the "Blue Ball Team" was a blue ball relief kit... a box full of old Playboys from the early 90's and a roll of blue shop towels... remember most of our team is in their early 20s so they were only babies when these were published... their reactons were kinda funny...

Memorable comment: when I brought out the blue paper towels "HEY, those are reusable" :shock: :shock: :shock:

michaelmosty
03-02-2009, 11:29 AM
David, I saw the MR2 move to the inside heading over the launch and my first thought was "there is no way this is going to work". Sure enough, his front bumper hit your RR wheel and the tank slapping began.
It is pretty crappy that it happened directly in front of the corner station and you were the only one that got black flagged. :shock:

BTW, Jay told us that we might be in trouble at future events b/c we got quite a few votes this time for our car being crushed.
I just looked at mylaps and we had the 26th fastest car in the race. :lol:
For reference, the fastest lap of the race was a 1:14.1 to our 1:19.2.

David Love AI27
03-02-2009, 11:38 AM
David, I saw the MR2 move to the inside heading over the launch and my first thought was "there is no way this is going to work". Sure enough, his front bumper hit your RR wheel and the tank slapping began.
It is pretty crappy that it happened directly in front of the corner station and you were the only one that got black flagged. :shock:

BTW, Jay told us that we might be in trouble at future events b/c we got quite a few votes this time for our car being crushed.
I just looked at mylaps and we had the 26th fastest car in the race. :lol:
For reference, the fastest lap of the race was a 1:14.1 to our 1:19.2.

IMHO: the votes were cast to prevent a back to back champ, now the Mullets are on the radar. I believe if you would switched your sat/sun results things would have been different... just a thought

AI#97
03-02-2009, 01:27 PM
IMHO: the votes were cast to prevent a back to back champ, now the Mullets are on the radar. I believe if you would switched your sat/sun results things would have been different... just a thought

All I can say is that if they crush the little rolla'...we are only going to bring a better/faster car and then you are all fubar'd!!!! Best bet is to stick us with it forever! ;)

David Love AI27
03-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Best bet is to stick us

Not a good choice of words to use when taunting Team Blue Balls :shock:

AI#97
03-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Best bet is to stick us

Hey! I don't want you guys going off on us! :lol:

So, who were your fluffers on the t-shirts?!

michaelmosty
03-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Best bet is to stick us

Martin was a fluffer on the shirt! :shock:

rpoz27
03-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Best bet is to stick us

Martin was a fluffer on the shirt! :shock:

So was Corn. He says it's the best job he's ever had cuz he got to paint someone else's balls.

David Love AI27
03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
So was Corn. He says it's the best job he's ever had cuz he got to paint someone else's balls.

did he mean, instead of painting his own???? :shock:

I'll will bet on one of two absolutes if Misti enters both cars next event:

Either she will have 5 or 6 NEW drivers

or

if she keeps the drivers she had last week the theme will be "DUMB ASS and DUMBER ASS"... or maybe "WHAT THE F@CK DID THEY DO NOW"...

Misti was on track for the last couple of hours Sunday and during that time the other car was brought in twice (in adddition to the numerous other times we were in the penalty box) finally with 45 min to go the Judges said "I AM REALLY TIRED OF LOOKING AT YOU GUYS!!!! :x " we replied "WE QUIT!!! if you let us leave without bringing in the other car you will never see us again"... :oops: :oops:

Misti appeared to be having fun for the first time in over 48 hours so we didn't tell her the car was out till she came off the track...

Your welcome, Misti, we just wanted you to get some uninterupted seat time...

rpoz27
03-02-2009, 07:33 PM

did he mean, instead of painting his own???? :shock:

I wasn't about to ask...

I'll will bet on one of two absolutes if Misti enters both cars next event:

Either she will have 5 or 6 NEW drivers

or

if she keeps the drivers she had last week the theme will be "DUMB ASS and DUMBER ASS"... or maybe "WHAT THE F@CK DID THEY DO NOW"...

Misti was on track for the last couple of hours Sunday and during that time the other car was brought in twice (in adddition to the numerous other times we were in the penalty box) finally with 45 min to go the Judges said "I AM REALLY TIRED OF LOOKING AT YOU GUYS!!!! :x " we replied "WE QUIT!!! if you let us leave without bringing in the other car you will never see us again"... :oops: :oops:

Misti appeared to be having fun for the first time in over 48 hours so we didn't tell her the car was out till she came off the track...

Your welcome, Misti, we just wanted you to get some uninterupted seat time...

LOL! I appreciate the seat time and the fact that Jacy fibbed about 96 being on track when I asked him where the car was. Sneaky Canadian!

I had a great time between Saturday and Sunday, believe it or not. I wish we hadn't been in the penalty box so much, but whatcha gonna do? I drove angry and then had a beer or four.

I think y'all set a new record for penalties. There were 13 between the two cars in two days. Y'all actually ran the judges out of ideas. I didn't think it was possible and, from the looks on their faces when they admitted as much, neither did they.

Here are the upsides of this weekend from my perspective -
I got to hang out with some of my favorite people all weekend long.
I found that I can eat a fruit and nut bar while racing.
I now know that 3 hr stints are easy in the Neons.
I got approx. 5.5 hrs of seat time this weekend.
I know that MM will rescue me from incredibly LOUD and annoying people (after watching and giggling for a bit, but I can't really blame him).
I got to watch some of my students from PDS finish and drive very well this weekend.
I got to watch some of my friends and students do some ridiculous things in the penalty box and laugh at them and they got to return the favor.

David Love AI27
03-03-2009, 09:16 AM
LOL! I appreciate the seat time and the fact that Jacy fibbed about 96 being on track when I asked him where the car was. Sneaky Canadian!

Props to Jacy, he didn't want too do it, I (we) begged him and he was still uncomfortable... But in his defense, didn't he say "the other car was behind you"?... and it was... :twisted:

but you really should have seen Mike L.s reaction when the judge said "bring in the other car".... it was instant "no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm gonna park the car, we are leaving, right now, we are leaving, PLEASE don't bring in the other car, where do you want us to go, how do we get outtta here" all done in rapidfire sucession :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alien
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Interesting musings on c-c.com

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=744355#post744355

"Fifth hand rumor was that the "formula atlantic" engined FX-16 was banned from future competition. Anyone heard about that? " :roll:

Good to see Bo Libbe out there in his Integra ride. Shame you guys had to leave early... :D
http://vimeo.com/3446240

AI#97
03-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Interesting musings on c-c.com

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=744355#post744355

"Fifth hand rumor was that the "formula atlantic" engined FX-16 was banned from future competition. Anyone heard about that? " :roll:

Good to see Bo Libbe out there in his Integra ride. Shame you guys had to leave early... :D
http://vimeo.com/3446240

I had heard about the integra but jeebus f'n catfish man!!! someone saw a bunch of clouds!!!

michaelmosty
03-04-2009, 09:54 AM
That was an amazing video, I wonder how much damage the car took. :shock:

Waco Racer
03-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Rene told me it bent the strut mounts when it landed.

ShadowBolt
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Rene told me it bent the strut mounts when it landed.

Rene Molina from down south? If so I know him. Porsche club guy. Was Rene driving at the time?

JJ

Shortcutsleeping
03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Rene Marin. From San Antonio, but livin in Htown now.

Evidently, the guy on cc has never HEARD a real FA motor!!

Costas
cars and such...

AI#97
03-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Rene Marin. From San Antonio, but livin in Htown now.

Evidently, the guy on cc has never HEARD a real FA motor!!

Costas
cars and such...

I remember that dipshit tech guy that made you guys move your cell last time stopping by to drop off our welder and said something about "you guys with your Toyota Atlantic motor..." I bet that douche was the one spreading the rumor. :roll:

Jeremy Gunter
03-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Posting late, Been a busy week!!! I had a blast again. I didn't hit a tire wall, I ran over the tires exiting the sidewalk avoiding the CRX. It was all good after I asked them if I could help them push their car back to the pits after their mechanical 10 laps later... The second penalty I got was iffy but I took it in the dog house...

Michael when did you buy the Atlantic motor? I seemed to miss that item in the spreadsheet.

It was great to see all the NASA lemons friends and others...

AI#97
03-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Michael when did you buy the Atlantic motor? I seemed to miss that item in the spreadsheet.

It was a late night acquisition that ended up not costing a dime! ;)

Bye the way, I found the car the judges recommended in a manual tranny on Craigslist....we would need to sell a BUNCH of parts off it but $2800 and about 6 months prep and I think I could get it running! Might make the mullet wagon look slow! :shock:

Shortcutsleeping
03-05-2009, 09:56 PM
I remember that dipshit tech guy that made you guys move your cell last time stopping by to drop off our welder and said something about "you guys with your Toyota Atlantic motor..." I bet that douche was the one spreading the rumor. :roll:

Yeah, I found out (news to me) that the tech guys are the CVAR tech guys and that makes a LOT of sense. I've had about a dozen folks tell me to never run with cvar over the past few years and now I know why.

Lots of rumors floating, but when I heard the FA one I just about spit up my coke. That'd be like listening to our motor and claiming it to be a pro-stocker. Stupidity...thick and deep at LeMons!!!

Congrats on doing so well guys and leading for a time and keeping it close. Ya'll coming back in the fall? We're unsure. I'm a little upset about getting screwed and not getting some sort of refund or discounted entry. We are held strictly accountable for what we do on track (to the extent that we even got penalized for other folks' shenannigans!), but the tech guys are NOT held accountable?

Maybe I'm just too competitive, but I simply want a fair shot at winning. Have that taken away by an officials mistake and I don't see how I should be penalized for it.

But what do I know, I was stupid enough to enter... :lol:

Costas
cars and such...

michaelmosty
03-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Paul, I couldn't believe it when I heard about the fuel issues caused by the tech officials. The "we got screwed" seems miniscule compared to what really happened.
Like you said, it is LeMons and you never know what is going to happen both on and off the track. :lol:

We definitely plan on being back in October, just not quite sure what the game plan will be. The last thing I want to see is our little "Rolla" get crushed. :cry:

AI#97
03-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I am pretty sure we will be back in October. Someone has to be the first two time winner! 8)

rpoz27
03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Geez, Costas! If you hadn't had a fuel cell, they wouldn't have inspected the crap out of it and dropped stuff in it, and y'all wouldn't have had the problems that y'all did, therefore it's clearly not the tech's fault. :roll: