PDA

View Full Version : TWS Enduro- Driver needed! E1 defending Champs (3rd overall)

GlennCMC70
02-14-2009, 05:00 PM
looking for a funded driver for the Texas Region TWS April 8 hour Enduro. email me if your interested. we have 2 committed drivers right now and we need a 3rd. i currently have two people i'm trying to give some time to make up thier mind, but i also do not want to wait till the last minute to find the 3rd driver.
experianced driver prefered. 4th gen / 3rd gen experiance a plus.
dont miss this chance to be a part of the 2008 E1 Enduro Champs and 3rd Place Overall Team.
do not post here. email me at Glenn_Landrum at msn dot com or
info at lawmotorsports.net

dont make me and Patterson Ironman this thing.

GlennCMC70
02-15-2009, 10:37 AM
gotten several folks asking for cost info. i really didnt want to do this in public, but here goes. full disclosure.

entry fee - $800 ($266 per driver)
car costs:
fuel is gonna be close to $160
tires (1 full set) $950
total = $1100 plus.
that’s $550 each.
add entry fee into it- $816 per driver. total arrive and drive.
if you have 2 new tires you can give, that knocks it down to $80 (half of the fuel). I'll take a pair of R888's shaved or full tread (from each co-driver). I already have the tires I plan to use for the enduro.

realize that i'm not after anyone writing a check. I just need the costs for this covered. tires and brakes and fuel are the costs for the car. brakes have been covered by a sponsor. that knocked $250 plus off the tally. the other unknown is driver entry fee. it will be shared equally between all 3 drivers. I still have other maint items I'm gonna have to do before and after the race.
hubs - $150 each x 2.
oil change - $50 or more.
plus general wear and tear on the car for 8 hours.
we will have crew folks who need to be taken care of. i generaly feed them well. i have 2 hotel rooms reserved. my father-in-law is flying in for this. so far we have all out crew folks from last year (6 folks) plus a few more to get us to about 8-10.

feedback please.

********new info*********

early estimates of entry fee cost are $800 per Team of 2-4 drivers. this will be split amoung driver for my team evenly, including myself.

Boudy
02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
I'd love to do it. My problem isn't funding, it's reaching the pedals.

rb

GlennCMC70
02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
emailed you back.

JJordan
02-15-2009, 12:30 PM

rb

This worked in Indiana Jones...

http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/Shorty.jpg

-Jay

GlennCMC70
02-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Jay, sent your pop's an email. have him check it.

David Love AI27
02-15-2009, 02:04 PM

rb

This worked in Indiana Jones...

http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/Shorty.jpg

-Jay

I thought it was from "brother where art tho"... little boy who was "runnin' oft, O. F. T. oft"....

GlennCMC70
02-15-2009, 05:07 PM
gotten several folks asking for cost info. i really didnt want to do this in public, but here goes. full disclosure.

entry fee - $800 ($266 per driver)
car costs:
fuel is gonna be close to $160
tires (1 full set) $950
total = $1100 plus.
that’s $550 each.
add entry fee into it- $816 per driver. total arrive and drive.
if you have 2 new tires you can give, that knocks it down to $80 (half of the fuel). I'll take a pair of R888's shaved or full tread (from each co-driver). I already have the tires I plan to use for the enduro.

realize that i'm not after anyone writing a check. I just need the costs for this covered. tires and brakes and fuel are the costs for the car. brakes have been covered by a sponsor. that knocked $250 plus off the tally. the other unknown is driver entry fee. it will be shared equally between all 3 drivers. I still have other maint items I'm gonna have to do before and after the race.
hubs - $150 each x 2.
oil change - $50 or more.
plus general wear and tear on the car for 8 hours.
we will have crew folks who need to be taken care of. i generaly feed them well. i have 2 hotel rooms reserved. my father-in-law is flying in for this. so far we have all out crew folks from last year (6 folks) plus a few more to get us to about 8-10.

feedback please.

********new info*********

early estimates of entry fee cost are $800 per Team of 2-4 drivers. this will be split amoung all driver for the team evenly, including myself.

i updated this info.

michaelmosty
02-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Where did you get the "early estimate entry fee" cost of $800. :shock: Holy crap!!!

GlennCMC70
02-15-2009, 07:36 PM
its an unofficial number, but i got it from the man in charge. it will be published shortly.

there is alot of costs involved w/ this event. including an increase in track rental due to after hours opperation. lights for the hot pits, a full second set of corner workers and lots of other thingsi dont know about.

have you looked at the entry fee for the 25 or Thunderhill? i think its like $2500.

mitchntx
02-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Where did you get the "early estimate entry fee" cost of $800. :shock: Holy crap!!!

Ain't racing for a roll of nickels while wearing a wig.

Todd Covini
02-15-2009, 09:31 PM
$800 is cheap...I charged $1500 - $2000 for the 12 Hours of Thunderhill and that was 9 years ago!

Glenn, I'll send you my spreadsheet in case you forgot something. (Although since you've been working on yours for 3 months now, I bet you got it all.)

-=- T

GlennCMC70
02-15-2009, 10:22 PM
we havent started planning yet. we may get to it Friday night at TWS in April. hope they have plenty of napkins at Wings and More.

AI#97
02-16-2009, 08:40 AM

Did you and Marshall secure your third driver?

Has anyone done any research on how the Enduros count toward Nationals? I am planning on doing cresson (if it's 4 races) and either Hallett or TWS if the car isn't ready by Cresson.

Guess my question is if your car falls out of the enduro prior to you getting in the seat, are you hosed for your race "credits"....

I might be able to buy onto a team but regardless, I will be available for crew for teams that are running.

GlennCMC70
02-16-2009, 08:45 AM
i'm pretty sure the enduro does not count towards qualifing for Nats.

AI#97
02-16-2009, 08:57 AM
I will do some research. I recall someone asking last year on the national board and just don't recall the answer.

edit: well, this was more confusing than the question!

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=21861&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

GlennCMC70
02-16-2009, 09:07 AM
I will do some research. I recall someone asking last year on the national board and just don't recall the answer.

edit: well, this was more confusing than the question!

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=21861&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

well this is really a good place for al this. thanks for cluttering up my thread.

AllZWay
02-16-2009, 10:03 AM
ME...ME...ME.....oh, but you said well funded, so that knocks me out. :oops:

GlennCMC70
02-16-2009, 10:16 AM

James, if you cant drive, we would love to have you as part of the crew.

mitchntx
02-16-2009, 10:26 AM

James, could you crew for us? That would be a huge help.

We are trying to put together a small army of folks that could crew for us so that no one has to be there for the full 8 hours.

Ask Al, steve or Chris Burton about the 4 hour last year. The time flew by and it was a great time for everyone. Even if your Dad is there, he would be a huge help as well.

AllZWay
02-16-2009, 11:55 AM
I would really like too, but I can't comit to it. There is still a possibilty I might miss the entire weekend with work.

I won't really know until the around the first of April wether I make this race.

jeffburch
02-16-2009, 01:46 PM
What does it cost to crew? 8)

:roll:

KIDDING just kidding LOL!
Put me down to help out.
jb

mitchntx
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
What does it cost to crew? 8)

:roll:

KIDDING just kidding LOL!
Put me down to help out.
jb

I hope you can find a way to get in the seat.

ShadowBolt
02-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Is there going to be any other cars in class to race with?

JJ

mitchntx
02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Is there going to be any other cars in class to race with?

JJ

Last year there were 1/2 dozen within class and close to 50 (IIRC) on track.

But remember, this is an endurance race not a sprint race. There are races going on all over the place and not just on the track.

It might be fun to win the battles, but if you lose the war ...

wgriffin4
02-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Is the seat still open? I am insterested.....have driven in many 6 to 8 hour enduros.

Info about the team and car.....sorry but I am a GTS driver and have not gotten the chance to meet the all AI/CMC guys yet.

Thanks

Bill

GlennCMC70
02-23-2009, 09:15 PM
its not filled, but there are a few guys in line. i'm waiting till Cresson to make a final call.
if your interested, shoot me an email and provide some info about yourself since i dont know who you are.

wgriffin4
02-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Sounds good.....We will not be at the NASA Cresson event.....thats the same weekend as the PCA Club Race at TWS and we have commited to the event.

I will be at the Lemons event coming up this week and if you are going to be at the event I can introduce myself.

Email sent.

Thanks

Bill

GlennCMC70
02-23-2009, 09:46 PM
sent you an email back. i will not be at the LeMons race. lots of folks i know will be.
good luck.