PDA

View Full Version : ROTY rules question.

Jeremy Gunter
02-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Alright after reading the driver change rule question on the national CMC rule board, my crazy brain came up with another question.

ROTY is based on points? if this is the case then...

If you are co-driving a car, how would a rookies points be tallied, if the other driver is not a rookie?

I wouldn't think that the points gained by a non-rookie would be included in a rookies chances at ROTY, nor would I see that being fair. BUT, how does a rookies points get tallied if he is not the sole driver of the car?

OK, I am speaking as IF MFW was co-driving my car, but only to keep his wishy-washy ass from selling his car and not driving. Now I know a lot of you would like to see him gone :lol: but I for one have a soft spot for the son of a %(#^@. :twisted:

I am also curious for people that would like to join the series, but can't afford their own car. If a non-rookie was willing to loan them a part-time ride, would they still be eligible for the ROTY award?

GlennCMC70
02-15-2009, 10:03 AM
this is why its important to let the directors know who is driving when. this year will be the first year it has been an issue (Team Red Shift Racing comes to mind).
as for MFW - i think everyone likes him (now).

also, ROTY stuff was added to the list of things that needs to be clarified in the CCR or series rules. its now a 2010 action item. for now its the highest placing Rookie in season points, but its not the only thing taken into consideration. everything else is left to the judgement of the series officials. if you were placed on probation for contact, that will hurt your chances. things like that.

David Love AI27
02-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Alright after reading the driver change rule question on the national CMC rule board, my crazy brain came up with another question.

ROTY is based on points? if this is the case then...

If you are co-driving a car, how would a rookies points be tallied, if the other driver is not a rookie?

I wouldn't think that the points gained by a non-rookie would be included in a rookies chances at ROTY, nor would I see that being fair. BUT, how does a rookies points get tallied if he is not the sole driver of the car?

OK, I am speaking as IF MFW was co-driving my car, but only to keep his wishy-washy ass from selling his car and not driving. Now I know a lot of you would like to see him gone :lol: but I for one have a soft spot for the son of a %(#^@. :twisted:

I am also curious for people that would like to join the series, but can't afford their own car. If a non-rookie was willing to loan them a part-time ride, would they still be eligible for the ROTY award?

Wanna work the system?? :twisted: run a few races in AI and a few in AIX and you can be ROTY in BOTH Classes no Rookies in either, this year 8)