PDA

View Full Version : Need a dyno waiver at cresson please fellow AI racers...

AI#97
03-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Ok, I would like to ask my fellow AI racers if it will be acceptable if I show at Cresson without a dyno sheet except for the one I had done late last year. I haven't done anything to the motor, not even changed plugs and will not have time between now and then to get a dyno done. there have been significant changes to the rest of the car but nothing should affect power...in fact, it should be less power with no ram air (currently) and I am trying to put tail pipes back on it....not likely complete before cresson.

Just wanted to get a heads up now so I can work on finishing the rest of the car in what little time I have available to see if I can TRY to make this event to, if anything, burn up some RA1's...

I suppose I could dyno at the track if it would even be available but with my travel for work, both the dyno and maybe even getting the car race ready is in question.

Thanks.

ShadowBolt
03-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Dyno at the track? Who has one?

JJ

AI#97
03-04-2009, 11:15 AM

JJ Miata shop...MER? It's an above ground and I would prefer NOT to use it as it moves around a LOT and I am not sure I could even get the car on it anyway as it sits so low...

David Love AI27
03-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Not a problem here.... just seal the hood if you beat me :twisted:

ROFLMFAO

rpoz27
03-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Trying to get my car fixed for Cresson. Will cause logistical nightmares getting it and the BMW there on a single car trailer plus I don't have a dyno either, but I'm gonna try anyway. Wish me luck!

RichardP
03-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Ok, I would like to ask my fellow AI racers if it will be acceptable if I show at Cresson without a dyno sheet

Section 8.1 of the AI rules covers this. Get it done before the race or make arrangements to get it done after. Easy stuff...

Richard P.

David Love AI27
03-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Trying to get my car fixed for Cresson. Will cause logistical nightmares getting it and the BMW there on a single car trailer plus I don't have a dyno either, but I'm gonna try anyway. Wish me luck!

Lemme know what I can do to help... Still unemployed here and did a good job on both fuel and electrical on the Neons....

Uhaul has car trailers...

My truck is in the shop with a $1,800 repair bill and I don't have the funds to get it out and don't see getting the funds for a couple of months but Jason might haul your car for you for gas money...

I bring the car back to my place after the event drop off the trailer to local uhaul and take car to dyno on my trailer...

just some thoughts...

rpoz27
03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Lemme know what I can do to help... Still unemployed here and did a good job on both fuel and electrical on the Neons....

You did a great job! Everything worked and was reliable. Wanna come help? Biggest problem is that I won't get to test until Monday.

Uhaul has car trailers...

My truck is in the shop with a $1,800 repair bill and I don't have the funds to get it out and don't see getting the funds for a couple of months but Jason might haul your car for you for gas money...

I bring the car back to my place after the event drop off the trailer to local uhaul and take car to dyno on my trailer...

just some thoughts...

May take you and Jason up on your offer. Let's see if it'll run for more than 3 laps though.

jeremiahkellam
03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
My open trailer is freed up and you are welcome to use it. No sense in renting one...

mitchntx
03-04-2009, 03:02 PM

JJ Miata shop...MER? It's an above ground and I would prefer NOT to use it as it moves around a LOT and I am not sure I could even get the car on it anyway as it sits so low...

Old news in an old shop. I bet it's properly installed in their new facility.

Now, the downside? Only access is via hiway 377. Gotta drive that heap on the hiway for a few hundred yards.

AI#97
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Now, the downside? Only access is via hiway 377. Gotta drive that heap on the hiway for a few hundred yards.

You are right...ground clearance will be a big issue! Might have to drop and reload on the trailer...course, I haven't tried loading yet either! :shock:

AI#97
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Ok, I would like to ask my fellow AI racers if it will be acceptable if I show at Cresson without a dyno sheet

Section 8.1 of the AI rules covers this. Get it done before the race or make arrangements to get it done after. Easy stuff...

Richard P.

I know richard but it could easily be 3 weeks + before I could get to a dyno...I don't want to be the clown holding up official race results for the rest of my class just to accommodate my travel schedule. Just trying to be courteous.

GlennCMC70
03-04-2009, 04:18 PM

Old news in an old shop. I bet it's properly installed in their new facility.

the dyno is not in the new shop. its in the storage buildings. same set-up as before, just not the same location.

rpoz27
03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
DL - you have a text.

BlueFirePony
03-04-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't have a problem with it 'cause I am in the same boat.
But then I am just fodder for the rest of you anyway ;)

Todd Covini
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Results won't be final until your post race dyno can be had.
Sounds like a short road trip to MER might be the best bet.
Maybe we could all lend tow straps to help support the effort. :lol: