PDA

View Full Version : Great CMC racing!

Mike Bell
05-21-2006, 06:04 PM
I had a blast all weekend racing various CMC drivers (Daron, Mitch, Glenn, Nick, Michael, Micah, Morgan and I'm sure others). Good clean racing and some very INTENSE action. I'm completely worn out and still smiling. I want to thank those who I battled with for all the give and take racing, I still can't figure how we pulled off some of those moves lol.

I'll find some more HP and hopefully make a better showing next time - but I'm not complaining!

NASA13
05-21-2006, 11:34 PM
More Details!
who won? who tore up stuff? who wrecked into each other?
cmon cmon I am dying here.
Mini race report is now mandatory after every race. I am an addict with no fix.

oz98cobra
05-22-2006, 12:34 AM
The action in CMC was awesome from my perspective. I watched the video from Saturday's races tonight and every lap was wheel to wheel action for CMC! Great stuff! Thanks for a great weekend racing guys!

Mike Bell
05-22-2006, 03:07 AM
I can't recall the AI or AIX info, but in CMC Eric Varner won the 1st race, then Jeff Burch won the second on Saturday. Burch then took the 40 minute race on Sunday after Michael Mosty qualified on the pole. Michael finished 3rd with Varner coming in 2nd.

mitchntx
05-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks to everyone for cutting this track rookie some slack this weekend.

It was great racing while I could hang. I limped #9 home in the 40. I think this junk yard motor is a little tired.

Mike, Micah, Eric, Nick, Morgan, Daron .... it was a lot of fun and very enjoyable

Mike Bell
05-22-2006, 08:21 AM
The action in CMC was awesome from my perspective. I watched the video from Saturday's races tonight and every lap was wheel to wheel action for CMC! Great stuff! Thanks for a great weekend racing guys!

Daron, can you post the videos? Like a fool I didn't install my video camera on Saturday or I'd have some great racing footage. Installed it for the 40 on Sunday but we sat on the grid so long I paused the camera, you guessed it, stayed on pause for the entire race lol.

Waaah, I got no video!

y5e06
05-22-2006, 08:28 AM
. I limped #9 home in the 40. I think this junk yard motor is a little tired.

Yeah, I was gonna ask you about that. there was a significant amount of white smoke emitted from #9 just after entering the front stretch as you were apparently hard on the throttle. continued to have contrails down to turns 3-4 of the same lap.

mitchntx
05-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Lots of oil pushed out the valve cover and the catch can went solid.

Mike Bell
05-22-2006, 09:07 AM
My feeble attempt to recall the racing:

R1 Qual'd 5th some distance back of Varner, Burch, Landrum, and Daron?

Rolling start, managed to get through T1 with a flood of CMC cars all over me. JB stopped for some body work before the green flag, so I went off 4th at the start. Felt like a 1 v 5 dogfight for 20 minutes. Somewhere in there Glenn spun and I inherited a distant 3rd or 4th place. I fought Daron for what seemed an eternity, he had way too much speed and all I could do was stuff it under him in braking at every opportunity. Near the end I had Nick all over me and he blew by me on the back straight. I managed a last lap pass on him for 3rd place, I was completely worn out and the car was not happy with the thrashing it just got.

R2 - The inverted race from Hell.

Glenn had a bobble in front of me, David Love and I raced for 3 laps or so and I had to let him go as I had a CMC car convention parked all over my tail end. I fell back to 6th as we had an 8 car CMC elephant walk going on for about 5 laps or so. Was like watching 8 tigers fight over a dead little bird, nobody wanting the other to get any scraps lol. I battled Daron again but he had my number this time, he wasn't giving me any chances to outbrake him this race. Michael Mosty hounded me for a few laps and passed me till he went wide over the launch and I shot between he and Morgan, somehow limped home in 6th place. Hardest work I've ever done for 20 minutes. I'm beginning to think CMC inverted starts are a bad idea...........lol. ;)

R3 - The 40 minute Texas Ball-Buster

Cool suit hooked up and working well, but I'm starting 6th in a field full of CMC contenders. I look around on the grid and realize my fellow CMC friends all look like serial-killers in search of their next meal. After the funky start procedures, we had a great run down into T1, clean through there from my perspective and the chase was on. Mitch snuck under me in T1 and was off to the races, great: I'm already in 7th place after one turn of a 40 min race! I was in the middle of an F-Body nightmare. I raced Mitch Warren hard for the opening laps (lost count of them) and he graciously pulled to the side in T2 when he began smoking a bit. Then came Glenn's turn to work me over. After I snuck under him in T16 he hounded me until I ran straight off there the very next lap. I got back on track in front of Nick and Mitch but Nick had been saving his stuff or ate a can of Spinach like Popeye as he began to eat up the 15 car length lead I had on him. With two laps to go Nick got by me going into Gorilla. I managed to take the position back in T16 but as we went under the S/F stand and took the 1 to go signal I knew this race was one lap too long. Nick stuck on my tail and took the position back in Gorilla again. I hounded him through the rest of the turns, we raced side by side through the keyhole and over the launch but he got by me on the backstraight. I had one chance left and that was T16 but Nick had learned all my moves there and did a great job of defending his position and took away any line I may have had for a pass. 40 minutes of pure work and 7th place was where I finished.

No contact that I saw, a few dramatic offs but overall I thought it was one hell of a great racing weekend. We even did a much better job in T1 from what I saw! At least that's how I remember it in my Monday morning fog.

mitchntx
05-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Great write up, Mike. There was some serious give and take into T1. I think I had my eyes closed when George came screaming up driver's left into T1. It was looking VERY ugly. But, I never ran over any body parts ...

I raced Mitch Warren hard for the opening laps (lost count of them) and he graciously pulled to the side in T2 when he began smoking a bit.

You are too kind. I saw you and Nick pull WAY over to the left ... probably just to be able to see. :shock:

It only did that at the last 2 turns and when I was using low gears/high RPMs. So, I lugged the car through there in a higher gear and watched everyone drive off into the distance. But I finished and drove it to the trailer.

I gotta say thanks to Mr. SchuVarner for allowing me to at least be side by side with him for a short while. It made my weekend to not only race side by side, but pit next to him as well.

He also pointed out that you could look across the way after The Launch and see the starter's station and get an early update on what's going on, on track.

That was good info on the restart. Unfortunately, it wasn't common knowledge.

CMC17
05-22-2006, 10:22 AM
All kinds of great stuff and happenings on and off track!!! Countless people to thank (Mike, Adam, John, Wayne and lots more with support) for helping CMC17 get back out on track after I shattered a wheel in qualifying (pics to be added soon).

Great racing with everyone in all three races. It was clean, fast and lots of fun.

Great write-up Mike!!!!

Michael Mosty - you have learned well, Grasshopper! Gratz for the R3 pole!!!!

Mitch, Glenn, Nick - thanks for letting the SchuVarner family pit next to ya's. :D

<race 2>
http://www.tek-racing.net/racing/MSR-H-05-20-06-R2.wmv (42meg)

..more later.

8) 8)

y5e06
05-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Great! thanks for the vid link. I FINALLY get to see my car in someone elses video

michaelmosty
05-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks to all for an incredible weekend!!!!

There is so much action that went on it all seems to run together. It started by making a bone-head move and forgetting to weigh after qual. which put me starting from the back of the pack (along w/ Daron :x ).
R1 - I "tried" to stay glued to Daron's bumper throughout the race but he slowly disappeared through the pack. Everywhere I looked there were great battles throughout the entire pack. Mitch and I were locked in a good fight and I got a slight run on him coming out of T5 onto the back straight. We ran down the entire straight side-by-side, neither giving an inch. :shock: I was able to make the pass going into the sweeper but unfortunately lost the car a lap later exiting the carousel. I decided it would be neat to see how my car did while sliding sideways @85 mph. As I got the car collected and pointed straight Mitch flew past me on the front straight. Finished 5th.

R2 - Starting from the back again, this would be the most intense racing I have experienced yet. As Mike noted there was an 8-car freight-train seperated by no less than a car b/w drivers for at least 5-laps. I was at the back of the train w/ Bell in front of me and Micah glued to my rear bumper. After a few laps I think I actually chuckled at how crazy the sight was of all 8 cars fighting for that ever popular next position. I was able to pull Mike down the straights and got along side or in front of him numerous times. Unfortunately, the "late-brake king" has much bigger "stones" than I and was able to keep me behind him. After a few laps I got around Mike in T1 and thought I was in the clear. Going into the launch that same lap I made a mistake going over the launch and decided to see how the traction was w/ 4-off in the grass, results were not good. I looked up to see Mike and Morgan go past me as I got back on track. Finished 7th.

R3 - Qualified on the pole (don't know where that came from) :wink: It was a little intimidating having Juan-Pablo Burch, ShuVarner, Ginsberg, and the rest of CMC field behind me. The start went great, T1 was not clean (my fault :oops: ), Varner and Burch got around me and I tried my best to stay with them while trying to keep Glenn behind me. A double-yellow on ~lap 5 bunched the field up again and we were off. Still trying to hang w/ Jeff and Eric while seeing Adam close on me in the distance. The 05 was getting very close until he had to pull back due to cooling issues. We got the 1-to-go and JB, EV, and I were pushing the cars to the max. EV was gaining slightly on JB and I was gaining slightly on EV with about 1/2 lap left. Going into the last turn the car had had enough as I did a 4-wheel drift through the dirt in T16 and T17 but luckily entered facing perfectly towards the finish. Finished 3rd.

It's always great spending the weekend with the guys and gals. Those unable to attend were though of often and definitely missed. It's now time to "cinch it up" for Hallett.

Adam Ginsberg
05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Huge congratulations to everyone for a great weekend. We had some minor contact issues that were addressed to everyone's satisfaction ( at least, from my discussions with the various parties involved ).

There were some ups and downs for various folks, but overall, it was a great weekend from my perspective.

Since Daron was racing the car all day Saturday, I had the opportunity to watch you all from grid w/Clifton.....what a blast! The AI racing is tighter then it's every been - more cars are running closer and closer together, making for a fantastic show!

CMC looked like a damn freight-train, with packs of 6-8 cars all running nose to tail. Good stuff!

Daron's qual time of .3 off the pole was awesome...right up until he forgot to weigh after qual. Grrr.... :x . Seeing him come thru the field, and duke it out with "Deep-Brake" Bell was great.

Sunday's 40min was a heckovah lotta fun. Glenn got a better start than I did, putting me 1 position back. Within a few laps, he made a small mistake at the exit of the carosel, and it allowed me to motor past. My best lap came while trying to stay tight with the top 4, but shortly thereafter, the water temp gauge started playing spin-the dial, forcing me to pedal back. Great battle with Glenn for the last 3-4 laps....I was dying for the 1 lap flag from race control! The turn before The Launch, I came in a bit hot, allowing Glenn to close the gap. At the checker, Glenn was alongside my rear tire, making for a great finish.

Michael Mosty gets a huge kudos for putting the car on pole in R3 on Sunday - excellent work, Michael.

As always, it was great to see everyone again, and have a great weekend of good, clean V8 racing in Texas. EVERYONE gets a hearty thanks for a job well done.

Hallett, here we come! ;)

jeffburch
05-22-2006, 12:26 PM
All kinds of great stuff and happenings on and off track!!! Countless people to thank (Mike, Adam, John, Wayne and lots more with support) for helping CMC17 get back out on track after I shattered a wheel in qualifying (pics to be added soon).

Great racing with everyone in all three races. It was clean, fast and lots of fun.

Great write-up Mike!!!!

Michael Mosty - you have learned well, Grasshopper! Gratz for the R3 pole!!!!

Mitch, Glenn, Nick - thanks for letting the SchuVarner family pit next to ya's. :D

<race 2>
http://www.tek-racing.net/racing/MSR-H-05-20-06-R2.wmv (42meg)

..more later.

8) 8)

OMG!
I watched my vid of R2 last nite (will post later tonite).
We couldn't believe the number of cars you passed down the right side of the track between T2-T4.
Absolutely amazing.
Textbook.

jb

CMC17
05-22-2006, 12:53 PM
OMG!
I watched my vid of R2 last nite (will post later tonite).
We couldn't believe the number of cars you passed down the right side of the track between T2-T4.
Absolutely amazing.
Textbook.

jb

It was one of those moments when everything worked out. I had space all around me after T1. I held off a little to let the pack in front of me 'apex/exit' bunch up and then made a run out of T2 carrying a lot of speed. I do have to thank Mr. Bell for giving me room at the end of the straight. He had every right to take the space I was trying to occupy. I'm sure it will be different next time. :D

Great racing!!

Mike Bell
05-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Oh, by the way, all of my fellow CMC drivers are over on HP/TQ and the only reason I didn't protest is I wasn't carrying enough cash! ;) (9 x 25 = more than I had after the $50 fine for no nomex socks, lol)

Deep brake my arse, only defense I had against the onslaught was not lifting! :shock:

Bunch of cheatin bastiches, all of you! :lol:

oz98cobra
05-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Wow - so many good write-ups I figure I'd better contribute some more ...

After making a few minor improvements to CMC 5 since the last race, it was working real well. I've driven MSRH a couple of times before, but not in the CMC car, so I spent the morning practise trying to figure out what gears worked best where. The time sheets showed I had work to do if I was going to run with Shuvarner and Juan Pablo Burch, so I hatched an evil plot to go out in qualifying between them :twisted: It worked like I hoped - I got a first hand look a the size of Erics nuts (huge and hairy - very scary - I'll never look again :shock: ) and posted a time just a couple of tenths under his!

Unfortunately, my regional director team mate chose that qualifying session to send eveyone to the scales, and the message we got on the grid went in one ear and out the other and this dumbass went back to the pit after qualifying - so just when I thought I'd graduated out of rookie status, I found myself at the back of the grid again :cry:

When the flag dropped for Race 1, JG - who was gridded in front of me - turned left and shot up the inside towards T1. Nothing like a fast AI car to make a big hole, so after spending about 2 milliseconds wondering where the hell I was going to go at the other end, I turned left and followed him up the inside, passed about half a dozen cars, and tucked in behind Mitch into the carosell. Mitch sure knows how to make that big TA wide, but finally after a few laps, he left the gate open an inch in the carosell and I took a mile. If Mitch actually had any side mirrors, he would have been seing nothing but red for those few laps before I muscled by ;) . For almost the rest of the race, Mike B and I were swapping places in a great dogfight behind Nick - and even when I thought I had finally shaken Mike loose, he still came back and stuck it up the inside of me into Sugar and Spice and I had to find a way past yet again. I finally was able to shake Mike and set out after Nick, who was proving just as difficult to get around until he got a little out of shape over the lauch and I slipped by for 2nd place behind Eric.

R2 was almost a repeat of the first, although this time I was right at the very back and didn't have the benefit of a tow at the start from JG. I had to tussle with Morgan and Glenn some this time as well, and still spent a few laps fighting off Mr Bell. On the first lap, everyone checked up so bad going round the keyhole that I decided to have a crack at passing a couple around the outside - seemed like a good idea at the time, but it was a big mistake! Those marbles were slick out there and I nearly ended up in the weeds - I was sure Micheal M was going to get back around me, but somehow I held it together and go into the lauch without loosing a spot. After fighting my way up to 4th, I got stuck behind a slow AI car for a couple of laps - held up in the corners and drag raced down the straights - I finally got a better drive out of the carosell and was able to get past. Then I really pulled out all the stops to try to reel Nick in before the checkered. I was within 50 yards when the last lap signal went out, and caught up in the carosell. I didn't think I'd be able to get past him, but I really nailed the Bus Stop and shot up the inside into the Keyhole, and into 3rd place - thanks for giving me enough room Nick :)

Although it was disappointing to be sent to the rear and I missed an opportunity to maybe mix it up with Eric and Jeff, I'm kinda glad it happened as I got to have some absolutely awesome racing with everyone else that I'll remember for a long time to come! I'll post some video as soon as I can.

Nick
05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Ya'll got me in enough of your writups I don't have much to add. :D

It was a lot of fun leading R2 for a while, with Varner and Burch all over me. Jeff got by me in Carosel, then I followed him into the grass off the Launch allowing Eric to motor by. Daron got me on the last lap with a sweet move.

Bell made a nice pass on the outside of the last turn on the last lap in R1. I got him back in R3 with a last lap pass.

Thanks to Rob and Todd for noticing my car's ailments in R3.

jeffburch
05-22-2006, 09:45 PM
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/May_06_MSRH_R2.wmv

link dies in 24 hrs.

jb

chris-CMC#35
05-22-2006, 10:20 PM
JB - that's the best I ever heard your car sound. Nice driving.

-chris

Mike Bell
05-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Very nice driving to the front JB, car sounded great and looked like you were really hooked up (except for that one little bobble over the launch lol). Congrats on the wins!

Adam Ginsberg
05-23-2006, 07:33 AM
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/May_06_MSRH_R2.wmv

link dies in 24 hrs.

jb

What's that silver thing sticking up in the center of your hood, close to the windshield??? :D

Nice clean driving by EVERYONE!

jeffburch
05-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Very nice driving to the front JB, car sounded great and looked like you were really hooked up (except for that one little bobble over the launch lol). Congrats on the wins!

Thank you all for the congratulatory comments.
You guys are the greatest.

But, I must admit myself, the silver bullet ran REALLY great these last 2 events.

I was so suspicious that it was too good, that I was secretly hoping my number would be pulled.

Is it the man, the chassis setup, or........................ is it the engine?

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/May_23_06_dyno_sheet.jpg
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/dyno_receipt.jpg
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/May_23_06_dyno.wmv

jb

Mike Bell
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
An even better perspective. Sorry to see you spend the $65 but obviously you have solidified the credibility of those finishes! Salute JB!

I got to get me one of those motors, that TQ curve is be-you-tifle!

mitchntx
05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Adobe Photoshop and After Effects ... :?

:twisted: :D

Boudy
05-23-2006, 08:30 PM
WOW!

The write ups are great. Really helpful for us saps who could not make it. Thanks.

I won't miss the next one.

Boudy

CMC17
05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
If we cannot laugh at ourselves, then we will be grumpy old men one day. lol

http://www.tek-racing.net/OnlyHuman.wmv (2.5meg).. turn up the sound

I'm sure Jeff B. and Michael M. got a chuckle out of it.

oz98cobra
05-24-2006, 06:03 PM

I don't have any video quite that entertaining, but here's Race 2:

http://www.downunderracing.com/gallery/DC-MSRH-May06-R2.wmv

jeffburch
05-24-2006, 07:10 PM

As Ole DW would say, "That Boy was a swattin' flys."
Thanks for sharing. I have it from behind and will get it to you.
I had it Challenger 3 for you on DVD but forgot to give it to ya at Angleton.

jb

mitchntx
05-24-2006, 09:06 PM
See even SchuVarner reaches up and moves the mirror so he don't have the distractions.

Mike Bell
05-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Great video Daron, nice driving. Looks like you and Ginsberg have that car dialed in much better now.

CMC17
05-25-2006, 07:28 AM
I don't have any video quite that entertaining, but here's Race 2:

http://www.downunderracing.com/gallery/DC-MSRH-May06-R2.wmv

Wowza!! The #5 has improved dramatically in handling and power!!! Great driving this past weekend and I'm sure we are going to see lots of #5 up front.

CMC17
05-25-2006, 07:29 AM
See even SchuVarner reaches up and moves the mirror so he don't have the distractions.

Juan-Pablo was all over me and playing with his next victim (me). I knew he could pass me at will so I had to do something to throw him off the trail... didn't quite work out though. lol

jeffburch
05-25-2006, 08:14 AM

Juan-Pablo was all over me and playing with his next victim (me). I knew he could pass me at will so I had to do something to throw him off the trail... didn't quite work out though. lol

After the reaming I took from GL in the 1st 40min race, I was done being the rabbit. Plus, you kept throwing rocks at me LOL!

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/EV_save.wmv

jb

CMC17
05-25-2006, 11:46 AM

After the reaming I took from GL in the 1st 40min race, I was done being the rabbit. Plus, you kept throwing rocks at me LOL!

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/EV_save.wmv

jb

Next time I will be throwing the kitchen sink your way too!!! :D

oz98cobra
05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
No improvement in power at all - just getting what we already had to the ground now :) In fact we are running very heavy with the coolshirt installed, especially with my fat butt in the car! I was finishing those races at over 32.... well, anyway, it's way too heavy as far as I'm concerned. I'm on a mission to lose 10lbs off the old belly before Hallett - and I might have to volunteer to scrap all that sounds deadening out of the car? :mrgreen:

We might even brighten the brake lights some now that you will all be looking at them plenty ;)

Wowza!! The #5 has improved dramatically in handling and power!!! Great driving this past weekend and I'm sure we are going to see lots of #5 up front.

David Love AI27
05-25-2006, 06:15 PM
We might even brighten the brake lights some

good idea... you better be glad I can't late brake or you would have had an AIX#27 enema during practice....

oz98cobra
05-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Had a couple of requests for R1 video - so here is a shortened version with some of the less intense parts trimmed out:

http://www.downunderracing.com/gallery/DC-MSRH-May06-R1-short.wmv

Watch for JG's start, was that contact between David L and Nick into the first corner?, Glenn's spectacular but unplanned entry into the pit road, and how many times did I get outbraked by Mike B? :)

CMC17
05-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Had a couple of requests for R1 video - so here is a shortened version with some of the less intense parts trimmed out:

Watch for JG's start, was that contact between David L and Nick into the first corner?, Glenn's spectacular but unplanned entry into the pit road, and how many times did I get outbraked by Mike B? :)

Mike B. has got to be one of the best late brakers I've ever seen!!! We will all be in touble if he finds more hp/tq!!!

Mike Bell
05-29-2006, 11:40 AM

Mike B. has got to be one of the best late brakers I've ever seen!!! We all will be in touble if he finds more hp/tq!!!

Hardly an advantage. Was the desperate act of a dying man lol. Besides, Nick, Mitch, Glenn and Daron all quickly figured out my two moves and promptly checkmated me. Was fun while it lasted tho!

David Love AI27
05-29-2006, 01:46 PM

Yep, my bad... I never looked in my mirror because I was not aware of faster cars behind... I can't watch the vids because I still use dial-up... but I'm sure you saw my initial turn in and sudden straighten as I glanced over and saw John out of the corner of my eye... I hit Nick in the LR wheel with minor scuffs on his rim and a nice size dent on my RF fender... We both filled out the paperwork immediately after the race...

Jason said I should have turned in on John since his car is made of "scrap"...

chicane23
05-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Nice, real nice! ;-)

The fenders were the only bit of scrap left! ;-)

David Love AI27
05-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Nice, real nice! ;-)

The fenders were the only bit of scrap left! ;-)

I asked him why he would say that and he replyed "DAD! is says "scrap" right on the car!!" :shock:

KIDS, what can I say??? :roll:

jeffburch
06-19-2006, 06:41 AM
HMRC Race 3.

Link is dead in 24 hrs.

jb

link gone-di

CMC17
06-19-2006, 07:50 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

CMC17
06-19-2006, 08:13 AM

chris-CMC#35
06-19-2006, 08:30 AM
whoa: standing starts in the dirt. :lol:

and what in the world was that white car behind Mitch?

-chris

AllZWay
06-19-2006, 08:51 AM
That was a pretty wild start. :shock:

BTW.. Why were those Honduh's on the track with ya'll?

mitchntx
06-19-2006, 09:23 AM
whoa: standing starts in the dirt. :lol:

and what in the world was that white car behind Mitch?

-chris

It was a Honda. I don't think he had to use the brakes over the entire course. :wink: He was a pesky little thing. But raced really clean. I never did figure out where he was pitted.

I really felt for Rierson. He was screwed over royaly when the Vette stalled on the start. Is anyone keeping a running total of damage caused by a single driver's screw ups?

The 2 Dudes from rocky Mountain region were a hoot. It's nice to have another region come in and race to get a benchmark. It seems as though what one region considers acceptable, another looks at it quite differently.

Ought to be interesting come September ...

David Love AI27
06-19-2006, 10:13 AM
The 2 Dudes from rocky Mountain region were a hoot. It's nice to have another region come in and race to get a benchmark. It seems as though what one region considers acceptable, another looks at it quite differently.

Ought to be interesting come September ...

I'm sure this will come up in other posts, however, I had a few conversations with the Dudes on the subject of "rubbing". That is when I realized how important it is to have open conversations and what a benefit it is to just "hang out" together. There were TOO many instances where the Dudes did some "rubbing" on Skip. All of the Texas guys know that Skip is a curtious driver and trys to keep his car clean (and for good reason). We, in turn, try to leave his car unmarked. The problem is that to an outsider that car is "the one to beat" especially to an outsider and even more so for die hard GM guys like the Dudes. I think we need to have a formal introduction to all newcomers, whither it is in our region or "outsiders" joining us for a weekend of fun. I'm sure if someone would have explained that the guy in the "badass black mustang" is a REALLY cool guy, but please leave that car alone, things would have been better. Introduction examples:

#13 Yellow: don't be suprized if your blocking attempt is thwarted by a "passinthegrass"

#27 Black: More HP than the CMC cars but brakes early and easy to pass

#18 Black: not the fastest in the group but if you leave the door open will out brake you

#20 Silver and Blue: when battling for position, point him by, he won't be around long enough to screw up your race

#17 Red: Where is that guy?... not in front, not in back, NOT EVEN HERE!!!..

The last one was a joke but you guys know what I mean

AI#97
06-19-2006, 11:09 AM
DL, you forgot one....

Silver AI 97....expects point bys cause you are all slow! :lol: j/k of course!

mitchntx
06-19-2006, 11:15 AM
I dunno ... maybe I'm just too old.

I don't like doing the body work and mechanical repairs many of you must enjoy. I prefer to
1) show up
2) race
3) go home
4) unload the trailer
5) check the oil
6) rotate tires
7) load the trailer
8] go to step 1.

I know I have a reputation for letting faster cars by. Everyone knows if you stick a fender under me, I'll give you room. I have gotten my share of shit talked to me for being a push over and not aggressive enough.

OK ... BFD

I can drive my car on the trailer Sunday afternoon. It almost looks like it did when I came the track last year. Only been towed to the pits once in 2 seasons. It's only a $2 medal. I can post my own name on the internet. Varners sells "WINNER" stickers on ebay.

So, I just don't see the point of a potential riff, pissing off one of the "family members" in order to gleen some internet recognition for a plastic medal.

The point of this is I just don't see rubbing as acceptable from any perspective. Sure, it's gonna happen, but there is "oops, rubbing" and "rrrrrrrubbin'"

I'm not ragging on anyone. Just putting my perspective out there. There is plenty of room on driver's right, so pass away!

oz98cobra
06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Here's some of my thoughts about another fantastic weekend of racing:

- The weather gods really smiled on us - apart from the drenching Friday night which really made us wonder why the hell we decided to camp at the track instead of hotel it like we usually do, the rest of the weekend was perfect!

- It's not as much fun without my team mate - sorry you had to leave Adam and we know we all had a much better weekend than you did - our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. And thanks for letting me stay and keep #5 on track without you.

- It was great to see a couple of new cars on the grid - welcome Lewis and Boudy! I also think our "most improved player" award for the weekend should go to Gerry in the #44 Mustang. Gerry raced hard, fast and clean all weekend and he got some great results!

- I've probably spent more time running wheel to wheel with Michael Mosty this year than anyone else in the group, and I've often been heard to say that he has some serious skills and potential and will be one to watch in future. Let me now add to that - for the second time this year, we have seen that Mike's reflexes, awareness, and ability to think and react quickly are exceptional - and I am very grateful for that because he avoided what would almost certainly have been a very nasty accident with a lesser driver behind the wheel. Thanks mate!

- Apologies to you all for me being a little hesitant on all the starts, and for some defensive driving at times so I could defend my position. I was again struggling with an intermittent brake problem, and at Hallett, that's quite a handicap - there is no way I want to risk smacking someone from behind in a first or second corner melee, so I just couldn't go ripping on it there ... they will be 100% for the next round, as will the brake lights.

- This group sure knows how to party! And Hallett corner workers and staff sure know how to drain a 'Rita machine. Where's that Advil?! ;) Thanks for providing the entertainment Boudy!

- Thanks to Mitch, Glen and Boudy for keeping us well fed, and all the gals for their unsung behind the scenes support.

- Corey, what's up with this nude family fishing thing? :shock: ;)

I have some other thoughts about some of the not so good stuff that went on this weekend ... but this is not the time or place to air them.

oz98cobra
06-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Regarding our visitors - it was great to have some cars from another region at the event as it always is - but I don't get the overly aggressive attitude from one of the dudes?

We all race under the same rule book, regardless of region, so I would think that regardless of how that rule book is interpretted in their home series, that a visiting driver would always want to err on the side of caution and keep it clean when visiting another state - I know I surely would! If I was representing NASA Texas in another region, I definitely want to show that I had some speed and skills, but I would also want to show that I can race clean and safely, and I would be considerate of the fact that I am just there for the hell of it, while everyone else is battling for championship positions. No contact would be absolute priority number one, let alone deliberate contact! :roll:

Good thing there were two cars from RM region there this weekend or we might have got the wrong impression altogether - seemed to me that the green car was always courteous and mindful of the racing going on around him! Although we might have to rename turn 6 as "Green Dudes Corner" cause he sure spent a lot of time mowing the grass out there? ;)

michaelmosty
06-19-2006, 02:11 PM
HMRC Race 3.

Link is dead in 24 hrs.

jb

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/R3.wmv
Nice video Jeff. I like that @ 3:44 you can see me fly off T2 in your rear-view mirror. :shock:

macstang
06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
WOW thats a good eye Michael!!!!

That sure does give a good indication of the speed you carried going off.

Thanks for avoiding us, you are respected for that.

AI#97
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
WOW thats a good eye Michael!!!!

That sure does give a good indication of the speed you carried going off.

Thanks for avoiding us, you are respected for that.

HOLY S...H....I....T...!!! Micheal, that was scary man! Glad you made it out because that looked like it had serious issues had you not had some where to go! Good Grief!!!!

gt40
06-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Michael gets the "Big, Brass Ones" award for the weekend! That move was intentional -- meaning he decided to drive it off the track sideways, between two cars, instead of t-boneing the #5 car.

jeffburch
06-19-2006, 03:49 PM
full rez of the off.
jb
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/mm_OTE_max_rez.mpg

chris-CMC#35
06-19-2006, 03:54 PM
gulp. wow Michael.

chris-CMC#35
06-19-2006, 04:02 PM
If it's okay with ya'll, I'd like to share Daron's (and others') contact comments with the Colorado guys.

At my first weekend with NASA-RM, a couple of members asked me about "all the contact" in NASA-TX. I explained that it was discussed at length among the AI/CMC racers, and we'd adopted a zero tolerance policy; in fact, this policy went across all groups in NASA-TX. We just weren't going to put up with it anymore.

NASA-RM is just getting started - this is the first year - and I'd like to help things get started with the right perspectives.

Sound okay?

thanks,
chris

Regarding our visitors - it was great to have some cars from another region at the event as it always is - but I don't get the overly aggressive attitude from one of the dudes?

We all race under the same rule book, regardless of region, so I would think that regardless of how that rule book is interpretted in their home series, that a visiting driver would always want to err on the side of caution and keep it clean when visiting another state - I know I surely would! If I was representing NASA Texas in another region, I definitely want to show that I had some speed and skills, but I would also want to show that I can race clean and safely, and I would be considerate of the fact that I am just there for the hell of it, while everyone else is battling for championship positions. No contact would be absolute priority number one, let alone deliberate contact! :roll:

Good thing there were two cars from RM region there this weekend or we might have got the wrong impression altogether - seemed to me that the green car was always courteous and mindful of the racing going on around him! Although we might have to rename turn 6 as "Green Dudes Corner" cause he sure spent a lot of time mowing the grass out there? ;)

oz98cobra
06-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Absolutely Chris

If it's okay with ya'll, I'd like to share Daron's (and others') contact comments with the Colorado guys.

At my first weekend with NASA-RM, a couple of members asked me about "all the contact" in NASA-TX. I explained that it was discussed at length among the AI/CMC racers, and we'd adopted a zero tolerance policy; in fact, this policy went across all groups in NASA-TX. We just weren't going to put up with it anymore.

NASA-RM is just getting started - this is the first year - and I'd like to help things get started with the right perspectives.

Sound okay?

thanks,
chris

Lewis Tanner
06-19-2006, 04:14 PM
The guy in the green car pitched an absolute fit in the clubhouse when asked to fill out a contact incident form. To paraphrase his input on the requirement to record the nature of all contact in a formal manner:

"If we had to fill out all this paperwork in Colorado every time someone swapped paint, we'd never have time to race. Out there, we get out there, rub sometimes, shake each other's hands and go home."

They seemed like nice enough folks, but were pretty agitated at the procedural aspect of participating in a NASA TX event.

Michael, did you get to see the video the track photographer took of your off? Scary doesn't even begin to describe it. The mental image left by witnessing that incident from one car back and about 1 second from turn-in at that point on the track has replayed itself in my head about 1000 times...

BTW, what's up with the after hours pickup truck hot laps while people are walking on the track?

AI#97
06-19-2006, 04:25 PM
BTW, what's up with the after hours pickup truck hot laps while people are walking on the track?

Well, you WERE in Oklahoma?!!! :wink:

David Love AI27
06-19-2006, 04:25 PM

If you are refering to me... I was VERY aware of people walking and others driving, Ask my son...

Lewis Tanner
06-19-2006, 04:29 PM

If you are refering to me... I was VERY aware of people walking and others driving, Ask my son...

Not sure who it was, looked like a female driver in one truck and didn't see the other. There was also a little escort ZX3 zipping around the track whille Corey's daughter was out walking the dog. I didn't see anything that I'd categorize as blatantly unsafe, just unusual from my exposure to closed tracks.

David Love AI27
06-19-2006, 04:38 PM

Not sure who it was, looked like a female driver in one truck and didn't see the other. There was also a little escort ZX3 zipping around the track whille Corey's daughter was out walking the dog. I didn't see anything that I'd categorize as blatantly unsafe, just unusual from my exposure to closed tracks.

Same drunk driver, she just switched cars... that is why I was super carefull approching turns and blind spots... Boudy was smart to get his daughter off the track, no matter how much she protested... GREAT DAD Mr. Boudreaux...

Boudy
06-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, Jordan was really disappointed. She was doing laps on little brothers PW50 and I had to make her get off the track after the Escort started running time trials and yelling belligerently out the window. She went from a Mule to an Escort to a truck and got progressivly intoxicated as the night went on, even left her purse in our garage.

All else was fine. We had a great time.

Boudy

oz98cobra
06-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Obviously in Colorado, the expense, time and hassle of repairing damage (which they obviously do because both cars looked great when they rolled in?) is no motivator for avoiding contact? Perhaps having to fill out paper work is just the motivation they need? ;)

mitchntx
06-19-2006, 05:01 PM

Sound okay?

thanks,
chris

We have come along way in the last year in that regard.

David Love AI27
06-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah, Jordan was really disappointed. She was doing laps on little brothers PW50 and I had to make her get off the track after the Escort started running time trials and yelling belligerently out the window. She went from a Mule to an Escort to a truck and got progressivly intoxicated as the night went on, even left her purse in our garage.

All else was fine. We had a great time.

Boudy

Mr. B,

I can't even start with the thanks from the LiiR crew cuz it will never end... and speaking of great times... you turned a few great times yourself...

With the use of your car I should be 3rd in AIX points... THANKS!!!!

Thanks for the 1/2 cup of ritas... LOL

Did I say thanks for the use of your car???

Your daughter is cool and a handful with the attitude (Mine was/is too)... but you are a great Dad and it shows...

by the way.. thanks for the use of your car...

Congrats on getting your provisional license...

Finally, thanks for letting me drive your car...

stealing a line from those guys up north... "DUDE, YOU ARE AWSOME!"

AI#97
06-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Obviously in Colorado, the expense, time and hassle of repairing damage (which they obviously do because both cars looked great when they rolled in?) is no motivator for avoiding contact? Perhaps having to fill out paper work is just the motivation they need? ;)

Well, one thing those who are going to nationals need to remember is that guys on the east coast and west coast are in different Zip codes when it comes to racing expense....where one of us might be making $100k a yr doing our job, the same job in NY or elsewhere might pay $250...therefore, $30k/yr budget on racing is a "drop in the bucket for them" and a matter of divorce for us. I spoke with a couple guys up in NY that I would consider "normal" and not overly aggressive racers who do midget racing....budgets are UNBELIEVABLE! I thought I had a lot in the AI car but DAMN!!

Trust me, there are more "Dudes!" out there willing to make contact than you want to think!! Go watch and SCCA regional or national event sometime....plenty of contact!

What bugs me most is that someone from another region asked the question "what's with the contact in TX?" How did they get to know about it???? Not like we have had THAT much....?

jeffburch
06-19-2006, 05:15 PM
How many standing starts with 20+ cars had the dudes had?
Root issue there, was with that vette numbnuts.
What other contact did the dudes have (this w'end)?

jb

michaelmosty
06-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Michael, did you get to see the video the track photographer took of your off? Scary doesn't even begin to describe it. The mental image left by witnessing that incident from one car back and about 1 second from turn-in at that point on the track has replayed itself in my head about 1000 times...

Lewis,
I saw his video and it was definitely a ride!! Having "slept on it" last night I awoke to quite a unique feeling. I'm going to see about getting some pics. of the damage tonight to share.

Mike Bell
06-19-2006, 05:17 PM
The Dude abides...........

(sorry, couldn't resist) 8)

GlennCMC70
06-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Micheal, let me know if you want a 2nd pair of eyes on your brakeline set-up. i dont mind helping you spend your money! :lol:

chris-CMC#35
06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
I think it comes from our year-end DVD; we heard that from some other sources as well. I reminded folks that a compilation is by its very nature a highlight reel, and a few minutes of contact does not represent the lion's share of the season.

-chris

What bugs me most is that someone from another region asked the question "what's with the contact in TX?" How did they get to know about it???? Not like we have had THAT much....?

AI#97
06-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I think it comes from our year-end DVD; we heard that from some other sources as well. I reminded folks that a compilation is by its very nature a highlight reel, and a few minutes of contact does not represent the lion's share of the season.

-chris

Fair enough but there wasn't that much contact in that DVD....a few offs but that was mostly Varner....wonder if they are talking about the "Flight of Shuvarner" clip from TWS....???

Oh well....

Micheal....you need to verify that you aren't straining the brake lines at full lock.....might be your issue. I personally have never heard of Russell lines failing or any other stainless line unless there is strain on them....do you let the caliper hang on them while doing pads....just asking because this could be a serious issue as it almost was this weekend..... :shock:

macstang
06-19-2006, 08:28 PM
on the same thinking, do you have rack limiters? we just put some in micah's bull's and my car. 2 sets in the race car. i have the part number handy if you need it. about 12 bucks a set

AI#97
06-19-2006, 08:37 PM
WHOA!!! I just watched Burch's high res and I think micheal gets the award for the longest BACKWARDS flight...ironically at Hallet where Liebbe did his impression of dukes of hazzard!

Was there any other damage to the car?! That was SCARY!!!!!

Boudy
06-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Mr. B,

I can't even start with the thanks from the LiiR crew cuz it will never end... and speaking of great times... you turned a few great times yourself...

With the use of your car I should be 3rd in AIX points... THANKS!!!!

Thanks for the 1/2 cup of ritas... LOL

Did I say thanks for the use of your car???

Your daughter is cool and a handful with the attitude (Mine was/is too)... but you are a great Dad and it shows...

by the way.. thanks for the use of your car...

Congrats on getting your provisional license...

Finally, thanks for letting me drive your car...

stealing a line from those guys up north... "DUDE, YOU ARE AWSOME!"

Well David, you needed a car and I just happened to have one. Don't mention it. I did turn some lap times that I'm happy with but I'm a second off the top 3 in race 4. Damn these guys are fast, I need to learn to drive this thing.

As for Jordan, I offered her the race ready, $2,500 RX7 advertised in the can and she just rolled her eyes. Added that she'll walk around the track first. I just told her fine, watch out for turtles and Escorts. She's a mess, but a good kid.

The 'Ritas, what are friends for.

Thanks for the cudos on my provisional. I'm thrilled, excited, giddy, and can't wait till the next event.

Boudy

Boudy
06-19-2006, 11:06 PM
I can't view Burch's high res video. Keep getting the Quicktime Q with a question mark on it. Downloaded Quicktime and re-installed it again but no results. Any ideas?

Boudy

michaelmosty
06-19-2006, 11:55 PM

-chris

Fair enough but there wasn't that much contact in that DVD....a few offs but that was mostly Varner....wonder if they are talking about the "Flight of Shuvarner" clip from TWS....???

Oh well....

Micheal....you need to verify that you aren't straining the brake lines at full lock.....might be your issue. I personally have never heard of Russell lines failing or any other stainless line unless there is strain on them....do you let the caliper hang on them while doing pads....just asking because this could be a serious issue as it almost was this weekend..... :shock:

Matt, the brake line failed while going down the straight.
As for the caliper and hanging it w/ the brake line:
This caliper was put on for Round 2 and hasn't been moved from the rotor. The previous caliper had one set of pads and was removed when I changed to this current caliper. To answer your question, no, I always rest the caliper on top of the rotor when changing pads.
I had my passenger side line break on me in the same fashion @ TWS last year during the warm-up lap to one of the races. Same situation in that I installed the pads, connected the caliper, and on my 2nd event the line broke.

I talked to the "co-owner" of discbrakesrus.com today and started off the conversation asking him questions concerning his stainless steel lines for the Cobra PBR calipers. After a few questions I asked him if their company had ever heard of a failure of one of these lines before. He assured me multiple times that nobody has ever had any issue with one of their stainless steel lines. I told him that I had one break last year and that they had sent me out a pair of replacement lines last year and suprise, he had never heard about that.
I see this as one of two reasons:
1) he is lying out of his ass
2) their company doesn't give a shit about the safety of their owners that they don't keep record of such incidents
either way, I'm done w/ their company!!!

michaelmosty
06-19-2006, 11:57 PM
on the same thinking, do you have rack limiters? we just put some in micah's bull's and my car. 2 sets in the race car. i have the part number handy if you need it. about 12 bucks a set
Yes, I have rack limiters. I put them in after I chewed up my tire at the first cresson event.
They work nicely as I went lock-to-lock once or twice during my off. :oops:

oz98cobra
06-20-2006, 12:02 AM
How many standing starts with 20+ cars had the dudes had?
Root issue there, was with that vette numbnuts.
What other contact did the dudes have (this w'end)?

jb

The black dude apparently bumped Skip on Saturday and was also warned for an overly aggressive move at the Bitch in qualifying Sunday morning. I'm not sure about the green dude?

micah
06-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Congrats and thanks, first of congrats to my team mate for most improved driver award, and for the points he scored, congrats to Jeff on new track record, special thanks to Micheal for not hitting my car, thanks Lewis for the brake pads so Jerry wouldn't have similar problems to Micheal. Looks like 06 maybe the year for car owners to give big thanks to co-drivers.

micah
06-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Congrats and thanks, first of congrats to my team mate for most improved driver award, and for the points he scored, congrats to Jeff on new track record, special thanks to Micheal for not hitting my car, thanks Lewis for the brake pads so Jerry wouldn't have similar problems to Micheal. Looks like 06 maybe the year for car owners to give big thanks to co-drivers.

Boudy
06-20-2006, 08:19 AM
I told him that I had one break last year and that they had sent me out a pair of replacement lines last year and suprise, he had never heard about that.
2) their company doesn't give a shoo-diddley-diddley about the safety of their owners that they don't keep record of such incidents
either way, I'm done w/ their company and Russell brake lines.

I'm going with 1) he is lying out of his ass. He doesn't want to tell you about failures when he thinks he's about to sell you some lines.

But then, I think it's also 2) their company doesn't give a shoo-diddley... If they bothered to ask a few questions when a customer has race related failures, they would find something that the customer did wrong or find where the product needs improvement. Your lines were fairly new in both cases, I'm shocked that they didn't offer to pay shipping to get the lines back for evaluation.

If handled correctly to begin with he could have answered your question honestly.
1) Yes, we had failures with previous revisions of the lines.
or
2) Yes, we have had failures with lines that were imporperly XXXXX.

I'm not happy with this companies' handling of your situation now or in the past. They will hear from me as well. Tactfully of coarse.

BTW: Good job!!! Good job!!! Good job!!!

Boudy

michaelmosty
06-20-2006, 10:29 AM
I told him that I had one break last year and that they had sent me out a pair of replacement lines last year and suprise, he had never heard about that.
2) their company doesn't give a shoo-diddley-diddley about the safety of their owners that they don't keep record of such incidents
either way, I'm done w/ their company.

I'm going with 1) he is lying out of his ass. He doesn't want to tell you about failures when he thinks he's about to sell you some lines.

But then, I think it's also 2) their company doesn't give a shoo-diddley... If they bothered to ask a few questions when a customer has race related failures, they would find something that the customer did wrong or find where the product needs improvement. Your lines were fairly new in both cases, I'm shocked that they didn't offer to pay shipping to get the lines back for evaluation.

If handled correctly to begin with he could have answered your question honestly.
1) Yes, we had failures with previous revisions of the lines.
or
2) Yes, we have had failures with lines that were imporperly XXXXX.

I'm not happy with this companies' handling of your situation now or in the past. They will hear from me as well. Tactfully of coarse.

BTW: Good job!!! Good job!!! Good job!!!

Boudy

Thank you for your concern Boudy. I should have stated earlier but, will you please wait to send any "nasty-grams" until after I have had my final conversations with them. When everything is said and done, feel free to let her rip!! 8) I'll keep ya'll posted.

Boudy
06-20-2006, 10:46 AM
That was my intention, to let dust settle then contact them with my concerns. It won't be a nasty-gram anyway, those are not usually productive.

Boudy

GlennCMC70
06-20-2006, 11:09 AM
brake flare (SAE or metric) to AN adapters are easy and common to find. then its just a matter of hitting up the local dirt track shop for some premade lines of your choise in length. i take them and cover them w/ clear heat shrink and close the ends w/ zip ties. they are about $9-$15 each depending on size and the type of fitting on the ends (straight or 90 degree). cheep enough to replace each year. i'm on my 2nd season w/ mine and they still look good.
if you guys want to get together and go over this before TWS (plenty of time) let me know.

BSharp
06-21-2006, 08:53 AM
full rez of the off.
jb

Does anyone have this hosted? this link is not working.

j3ffbrooks
06-21-2006, 08:58 AM
full rez of the off.
jb

Does anyone have this hosted? this link is not working.

Works for me. Try right click - save link/target as.

BSharp
06-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Oops, it's me. I do not have the right codec on this computer.

Mike Bell
06-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Here's another link Robert put up on CC.com:

http://www.texicanracing.com/Video/mm_OTE_max_rez.mpeg

jeffburch
06-21-2006, 06:22 PM
R4 start.
I wanna nominate Glenn for his Delta name.
Help me out. All I have is Sinbad because he resembles the comedian.
Need his Delta racer name.

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/r4_start.wmv

yea, yea, dead in 24.

jb

jeffburch
06-21-2006, 07:43 PM
R1 edited.
Lyons will enjoy this one.

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/r1_edit.wmv
Link gandhi in 24. (farlging icehole)

jb

mitchntx
06-21-2006, 09:13 PM
R4 start.

yea, yea, dead in 24.

jb

Hey I got the infamous JB saaaloot !

LOL

jeffburch
06-21-2006, 09:24 PM
R4 start.

yea, yea, dead in 24.

jb

Hey I got the infamous JB saaaloot !

LOL
HEHE, in retrospect I see the 91 car there.
It's all good!

jb

Mike Bell
06-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Nice vids and great driving JB, thanks for posting them up!

GlennCMC70
06-22-2006, 01:39 PM
call me what you want, but lets hope it translates to "all GM podiums @ TWS!" :wink:

CMC17
06-22-2006, 02:35 PM
call me what you want, but lets hope it translates to "all GM podiums @ TWS!" :wink:

They adding 6th 7th and 8th places to the podium for you guys?

AI#97
06-22-2006, 03:06 PM

Nope, they will be competing in the mullet and chicken wing eating contests.....notorious competitions for F-body drivers! :wink:

jeffburch
06-22-2006, 03:27 PM

Nope, they will be competing in the mullet and chicken wing eating contests.....notorious competitions for F-body drivers! :wink:
Hehe, I like wings and have had a mullet before. That's funny.

race 2 blah blah ...

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/r2_edit.wmv

jb

AI#97
06-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Jeff, thanks for posting the vids....I have been having withdrawl from not being there last weekend.... :(

jeffburch
06-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Jeff, thanks for posting the vids....I have been having withdrawl from not being there last weekend.... :(
Don't mention it.
Thank Robert King for the bandwidth.
Oh and Robert, if you shut me down I understand.
I don't wish to abuse it.

Thx,

jb