PDA

View Full Version : 2009 MSR-C Media thread!

GlennCMC70
03-15-2009, 08:36 PM
aint got none, but i know there is some good stuff out there. wow, what a gread weekend of racing.

ShadowBolt
03-15-2009, 09:33 PM
aint got none

We have a bunch.

JJ

David Love AI27
03-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Got 689 stills from the rear of the 27 car from R2 stored on Hood's puter... I think there is at least a pic of everyone since most of you passed me during the race... no vids from sun practice or R3 since I was still figgerin' how to work the camera BUT got all of R4 in low res and my cousin Todd had his tape runnin' out the back... nuttin' realy worth posting yet but I'll get the pics from Gary and pic out some goodies... where is good place to post pics?

AllZWay
03-16-2009, 08:05 AM
I will have some good stuff...but not for a couple of days.

jeffburch
03-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Did R4 end under yeller?
I departed.
Did Jerimiah get his 1st win?
What wuzup with the 22 car?
Do tell!

Media later.
Picassa is a good free site for sharing stills.
Youtube or Vimeo for vid.
Even tho Vimeo has aspect ratio issues with letterbox video.

jb

David Love AI27
03-16-2009, 08:30 AM

NOPE... HE GOT SCREWED!!! How you say? and by whom?

I held him up for 1/2 a lap and I did it intentionally and planned on doing the same to the next two CMC2 cars but it didn't work... SORRY JK, I MEAN IT, I'M VERY SORRY :(

didn't mean to muckup the thread but... I didn't "give" any passes in R4... I was practicing "legal" blocking moves and taking away the line... if you passed me it was because the car developed a bad push 1/2 way through the race and you got inside me or you powwered past with more HP...

ShadowBolt
03-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Did R4 end under yeller?
I departed.
What wuzup with the 22 car?
Do tell!

Media later.
Picassa is a good free site for sharing stills.
Youtube or Vimeo for vid.
Even tho Vimeo has aspect ratio issues with letterbox video.

jb

Jeff,

No we got two more laps of green.
No, I held off JP and Al as long as I could but both got around me and Al got around Jerimiah. I almost got back by JP but he got me and Mitch and I crossed the finish line inches apart. It was Al, JK, JP, JJ, and Mitch. These newby's are going to be hard to handle this year. Jerimiah can make that car wide as hell!

The 22 car was still dead when I left an hour larer.

Thanks for putting up DL. I like to see our sponsored driver get plenty of rest on race weekends.

JJ

michaelmosty
03-16-2009, 08:56 AM
I think the 22 car possibly has a fuel issue, Jeremy said it was sputtering coming down the front straight and cut off shortly there after.

As far as video, I will have some great action showing the back of the VarVini car in R1 and R2, a whole lot of the back of Landrum in R3, and a bunch of the front of Wirtz in R4 (rear bumper camera). I just wish it would have shown the front of Wirtz's car at the finish line. :(

mitchntx
03-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Mitch and I crossed the finish line inches apart.
JJ

When you and Love went side by side through Big Bend, I spurred and whipped the tired ole mule and you beat me by 0.15 of second to the line.

Having PC issues with the media. Think I have a processor over-heating.

BlueFirePony
03-16-2009, 09:57 AM
I've got vid of R2 from inside only, but the whole race including my f*up at the start :(
I think half the field got by me there!

I'll post it tonight.

The window cam waz not happy with the media I put in it (did not like the high capacity I guess) so no hero shots.

Sadly I did not have media in the camera during R1 so I missed the finish with Frank beating me by a long nose (.2 sec). :shock:
That waz the coolest!! 8)

Wirtz
03-16-2009, 10:05 AM
What a great weekend! Big field even with the known poor weather. Intense battles all over the track... Fun stuff. I can't even remember all that happened. It was cool climbing out of the car and hearing all the discussions about who was racing who all over the track. With all the cameras we had, I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the action. It makes me want to go get a bunch of cameras and just put them out at all the turns so we can piece together the whole race...

Anyway, I ended up with only R4 incar. Will try to edit it down tonight.

Jeff

AllZWay
03-16-2009, 10:11 AM
R4 was a blast....I fought with Al in font of me batttling JK most of the race. I also had to keep Jerry behind me the whole race.

I did sneak past JK on the last lap in boothill when he went in a little hot and I was able to get by.

Great racing in the deuce in R4.

Fbody383
03-16-2009, 10:25 AM
R4 was a blast....

I'm not so sure about that.. :roll: Gotta get me some skillz.

For R4 I think I have video of everybody going by, 'cept those scary AI guys. Had to fight through the vortex first time through Rattlesnake. I will put it up when I get it off the camera.

Anybody got video of Steve and I two wide from around Horseshoe to Rattlesnake?

michaelmosty
03-16-2009, 10:28 AM
I just watched part of R4 from the GoPro on my rear bumper, wow! :shock:
I am blown away by the quality and the audio sounds pretty darn good. There was one lap going up boot hill that Wirtz was about .01 inches away, it looks freakin awesome. :D

I am definitely going to have some fun w/ this camera at future events!!

GlennCMC70
03-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I am blown away by the quality and the audio sounds pretty darn good. There was one lap going up boot hill that Wirtz was about .01 inches away, it looks freakin awesome. :D

shut up and upload it bitch!

michaelmosty
03-16-2009, 10:36 AM

shut up and upload it bitch!
I'll edit it tonight and post it up, you know computers and I don't go well together.

BTW, just watched the first lap from R4 when I drove by Eric after his spin, wow! :shock:
I think he had his camera pointed backwards also so his camera view will be crazy!!!

David Love AI27
03-16-2009, 10:39 AM
JJ

When you and Love went side by side through Big Bend, I spurred and whipped the tired ole mule and you beat me by 0.15 of second to the line.

Hey Mitch... does your camera source sell the accessories? I would like the standard case, roll bar mount and especially the handle bar mount for pit bike :shock:

evarner
03-16-2009, 11:01 AM
This thread is going to be 5 pages before we get any uploads going eh?

Where's the Beef!!??!! 8) :lol:

I got home waaaay too late last night... you know little things like a trailer hub fire (almost)...pulling off on an access road not knowing there's a pack of wild boar eyeing me as potential prey...then later on down the road a blown trailer tire in the dark and then to find out the whapping of the exploded tire removed some trailer grounds and thus reeking havoc on the lights.

I was afraid of using my electric toothbrush for the fear of getting tazed from turning it on last night.

Lots more happened, but didn't want to bore ya'll with the details.

.....videos to follow as long as my computer doesn't explode tonight

AI#97
03-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Well, I was being a pussy on saturday and didn't trust myself being rusty having not been in the car for 5 months and didn't want to hose up all the work I just put into the car. I will say I had a DAMN good time watching you guys out on track and watching the SUPER close racing with Varner and Burch!

Sunday, I put my vagina back in the glove compartment and went out and I must say, I liked the "new car" A LOT!!! Car was planted with just a hint of tail happiness and I had a huge grin on my face even though the car is starting to get lower on power now going on 4 years on most of the parts in the motor and some are even 7 years old!

Sunday turned out great with perfect weather and I ended up getting the pole in the first session in the car since all the rework, two wins and a new track record. Had a blast battling with Daron for both races and he kept me honest in both R3 and R4. There is no room for any error whatsoever at the front of the AI field here in TX if you want to win and for all those AI drivers who were at the track without cars, you best get your butts back and join in on the fun! You are missing out on a lot of fast and fun action. I realized what I had been missing the minute I got the car back on track.

Stupid thing is I brought two cameras to the track this weekend and never even got them out of the truck. come to think of it, the only thing I unpacked from the truck was my sleeping back and bedroll. Basically rolled the car off the trailer, raced and rolled it back on.

Thanks Rob for giving us a place to crash in the RV! Much appreciated.

Todd Covini
03-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Sounds like your birthday was at least "special"! :oops: :cry:
Happy Belated Birthday, Eric.

I gotz no videos...but I have a feelin' this weekend will produce some "lively" ones. Great job of driving during challenging conditions folks!

oz98cobra
03-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Sorry guys, we forgot the video camera and didn't take a single still - won't let it happen again.

Matt, I'm glad I was able to "keep you honest" while we were testing street tires - look forward to a rematch when we are both testing street tires :wink:

While we are waiting for media to be posted, did anyone get times from R4?

David Love AI27
03-16-2009, 01:45 PM
While we are waiting for media to be posted, did anyone get times from R4?

P1 #97 TT-18:43.958 BL 1:21.977 on L3
P2 #75 TT-18:44.464 BL 1:21.829 on L4
P3 #132 TT-18:49.472 BL 1:24.716 on L10

anything else? 8)

AI#97
03-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Matt, I'm glad I was able to "keep you honest" while we were testing street tires - look forward to a rematch when we are both testing street tires :wink:

too bad we will be testing "different" street tires! ;) I just hope I am heading in the faster direction! LOL!!!!

You guys are going to be strong at your home track at TWS...I am going to have to bring the rest of the parts you didn't see this weekend! :twisted:

Al Fernandez
03-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Wait, does that mean you recovered your cam Michael? Last I heard it was outside of ricochet or something... :lol:

michaelmosty
03-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Wait, does that mean you recovered your cam Michael? Last I heard it was outside of ricochet or something... :lol:
We went out and found it during the lunch break. The suction cup portion of it has a chunk taken out but the camera still works perfectly. The sticky pads seem to work very well. :)
Jeremy was right behind me when it flew off the trunk. He said it did a nice roll off the trunk lid and into the soft muddy grass at the exit of ricochet.

evarner
03-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Sounds like your birthday was at least "special"! :oops: :cry:
Happy Belated Birthday, Eric.

I gotz no videos...but I have a feelin' this weekend will produce some "lively" ones. Great job of driving during challenging conditions folks!

Thx TC! Definitely a B-day to remember. 8)

jeremiahkellam
03-16-2009, 03:59 PM

NOPE... HE GOT SCREWED!!! How you say? and by whom?

I held him up for 1/2 a lap and I did it intentionally and planned on doing the same to the next two CMC2 cars but it didn't work... SORRY JK, I MEAN IT, I'M VERY SORRY :(

didn't mean to muckup the thread but... I didn't "give" any passes in R4... I was practicing "legal" blocking moves and taking away the line... if you passed me it was because the car developed a bad push 1/2 way through the race and you got inside me or you powwered past with more HP...

I only screwed myself. Apparently you can't just "Put your head down and hit your marks" with the wolf pack right behind you. Either way it was a blast and I was taking notes the whole time. Thanks for the lessons!!

Wirtz
03-16-2009, 05:14 PM
... Either way it was a blast and I was taking notes the whole time. Thanks for the lessons!!

And that is a warning shot if I have ever seen one ;) That's exactly what you have to do.

Sounded like you had a great run Jeremiah. Congrats on the weekend.

Jeff

evarner
03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Editing sucks in this one, but at least I can say "first posted video!!!" lol

http://www.tek-racing.net/closecall2.mov [8meg 1:20min]

http://www.tek-racing.net/closemosty.jpg

michaelmosty
03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
:D Very cool.

evarner
03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
:D Very cool.

Check my post again.. added an image. :shock: :shock:

Wirtz
03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Hey Michael - you got a little mud on your fender there :shock:

Hood
03-16-2009, 05:40 PM

Any chance you have another couple minutes from where that one left off?

Also, anybody get a beak shot of Wirtz coming from behind?

evarner
03-16-2009, 05:43 PM

Any chance you have another couple minutes from where that one left off?

I have the whole race recorded. :D

Somehow wound up in the middle of all the...um.. CMC2 guys. :shock:

I will work on getting it in a small size (won't be DVD quality just like the this one, but at least the MB size will be ok)

jeremiahkellam
03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.vimeo.com/3701712

mitchntx
03-16-2009, 06:19 PM
R2 Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwSYAUE0O_0

GlennCMC70
03-16-2009, 07:21 PM
R2 Part 1

bad link there bud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwSYAUE0O_0&feature=channel_page

jeremiahkellam
03-16-2009, 07:26 PM
http://www.vimeo.com/3702331

Some nice video of Al

The sound is off by a few seconds again. Anybody know why these Go Pro cameras skip back and forth?? (I noticed Varner's vid did it too)

jeremiahkellam
03-16-2009, 07:26 PM
R2 Part 1

bad link there bud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwSYAUE0O_0&feature=channel_page

Still no bueno

mitchntx
03-16-2009, 07:38 PM
It plays in Granbury, Texas ... bud :roll:

Does the description say:

Race 2 of 4. Shot with a GoPro Hero Motorsports Wide version. The race weekend was cold and wet. Lots of slipping and sliding as evidenced at 3:45. LOL! Then he was driving angry ...

The link isn't bad ... bud ...

There is a green strip across the top that says:

This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete.

GlennCMC70
03-16-2009, 07:55 PM
is that stripe on your end or mine, cause i aint seeing it.

Wirtz
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I see the video from Mitch just fine. By the way, cool!! Fun racing back there in the Deuce.

mitchntx
03-16-2009, 08:33 PM
I see the video from Mitch just fine. By the way, cool!! Fun racing back there in the Deuce.

Must be those that suck at the interweb ...

GlennCMC70
03-16-2009, 08:41 PM
after a re-boot of my PC i still cant play Mitch's vid. i can play other stuff from YouTube, even vids Mitch put up from R1, but not this new one.

is it just me?

Al Fernandez
03-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Yep, must be...I see it fine, but I really want you to post that same 5 seconds that Jeremiah did where you give your car a bloody nose :wink:

Jeremiah Kellhamilton...the whole duece field and the ROTY contenders are on notice!! :D

GlennCMC70
03-16-2009, 09:09 PM
works now.
fruit you guys.

Rob Liebbe
03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I gotta say nice driving to Varner for getting out of the way in Little Bend.

I was in the pack behind him when he spun - I kept saying "where's he goin', where's he going". When I saw his rear tires spin up and the car heading for the inside curbing I think I said out loud "nice job Eric!"

So - nice job Eric!

Todd Covini
03-16-2009, 09:24 PM
If it works in Beaumont, it works everywhere!
Looks like some great racing in -2!!!
Great job of holdin' off that slippin' slidin' Alvaro!

-=- T

Todd Covini
03-16-2009, 09:26 PM
I gotta say nice driving to Varner for getting out of the way in Little Bend.

I was in the pack behind him when he spun - I kept saying "where's he goin', where's he going". When I saw his rear tires spin up and the car heading for the inside curbing I think I said out loud "nice job Eric!"

So - nice job Eric!

I second that emotion. :shock:

BlueFirePony
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Here's the start of the race...I am encoding an edited version of the whole race now.

http://www.bluefireracing.net/assets/media/20090314_MSR-C_R2_start.wmv

The video of this race was very humbling.... :oops: Not that I had all that much ego going in, but damn do I have a ways to go.[/url]

Wirtz
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I only got footage from race 4 I'm afraid. But, it was a good one to get. Check this video then tell me if Michael wanted that win or not? Great driving Michael, it was just that one slip that let me get past.

http://vimeo.com/3704494

In the lower right is the expand button so you can watch in full screen. Also, the file is big, so I recommend you hit play, then pause it and let it buffer more data. I didn't feel like mucking around with trying to edit it too much.

When's TWS???

BlueFirePony
03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Here's an edited low rez version of R2.
http://www.bluefireracing.net/assets/media/20090314_MSR-C_R2_lowres.wmv
I needz skillz too :roll:

jeffburch
03-17-2009, 06:47 AM
stills
http://picasaweb.google.com/TexasCMC3/20090316?authkey=Gv1sRgCKbFuZqQlqjJXg&feat=directlink

Email me at
jeffburch3 AT tx.rr DOT com
with the pic number.
I'll send you the full size pic.
jb

Al Fernandez
03-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Awesome stills Jeff...you need one of those giant zoom lenses!

Michael, you got robbed! :lol: hell of a drive man

Brina...can't believe you're leaving. Great driving out there.

jeffburch
03-17-2009, 08:57 AM
I had the long (200mm) on there Sun.

I got my hubs apart, the left inboard bearing was the wrong one.
Larger I.D.
Rotor rubbing on the PAB (noise).
Shoulda went to NAPA Sat.
Shoulda had another set.
Shoulda stayed off the track.

The blister paks were the same part number. Just the one wrong bearing in one of them. :cry:
Thanks U.S. Brakes!

jb

Alien
03-17-2009, 12:09 PM
I only got footage from race 4 I'm afraid.

At 5:08 right when you were on MM's bumper, was that one of those Champ car push to pass things?

mitchntx
03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I only got footage from race 4 I'm afraid.

At 5:08 right when you were on MM's bumper, was that one of those Champ car push to pass things?

That was from the Rob Liebbe school of blocking. The CCR says you get 1 move. But Rob's 1 move would break a rattlesnake's back.

Wirtz
03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
At 5:08?? Ah yes, I was turning on my Macchiato warmer :twisted:

stevecmc8
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
love the HD video.
that # 11 car is 20 feet wide!

michaelmosty
03-17-2009, 03:33 PM
that # 11 car is 20 feet wide!
It needed to be about 30.

BlueFirePony
03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Anyone have any other ('sides Mitch's) video/pix of R1? I had a blast trying to get past Frank and that drag race to the checkered was cool..love to see video or pix of it.

Gonna miss youse guys!

AllZWay
03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Was there any video from Michaels lost camera?

michaelmosty
03-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Unfortunately not. We turned the camera on to test everything before the race and I never turned it off. I think the batteries lost power about 10 minutes into the race.
It would have been pretty cool to have footage of it actually flying off the car. 8)

Wirtz
03-17-2009, 04:56 PM
I just wanna see the tail gunner footage from R4 :)

AI#97
03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
I only got footage from race 4 I'm afraid. But, it was a good one to get. Check this video then tell me if Michael wanted that win or not? Great driving Michael, it was just that one slip that let me get past.

In the lower right is the expand button so you can watch in full screen. Also, the file is big, so I recommend you hit play, then pause it and let it buffer more data. I didn't feel like mucking around with trying to edit it too much.

When's TWS???

Jeff...cam details por favor? That looked great!

Wirtz
03-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Aiptek HD +

Their line up is here;
http://aiptek.com/

For the price I have been really happy with it. The only trick has been that the cam is designed to match your hand, so the tripod mount is at the bottom and kind of weird for putting it on an IO Port mount. My solution was to make a L shapped bracket that put the threads for the mount near the center on the side of the camera. It seems to work ok.

Jeff

jeffburch
03-17-2009, 08:55 PM
R1 highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUV3eBxCygM
jb

mitchntx
03-17-2009, 09:08 PM
R1 highlights
jb

Was that noise the bearing issue you were chasing all weekend or your ass sucking into the seat?

Wirtz
03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Wow, check out James in the first few turns. Now I get it. Good video.

AI#97
03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
R1 highlights
jb

I liked my seat in the bleachers better!!! Now I know why I didn't run! Yikes it was slippery!

Rob Liebbe
03-17-2009, 10:11 PM
I liked the noise coming from Burch's car. It was kinda like a bell on a cat's collar. You could always tell where he was on the track. 8)

AI#97
03-17-2009, 10:16 PM
<----Jones'n to see some full length R3 action from back in the pack! ;)

ShadowBolt
03-18-2009, 07:31 AM
<----Jones'n to see some full length R3 action from back in the pack! ;)

If Jay ever post our video you will see some great racing. He was in a three way battle the whole race. Good stuff!

JJ

evarner
03-18-2009, 07:42 AM

There was a couple laps on it and I have it secured on my laptop and backup drive. Will try and post the banzai..er JP move on the inside. 8) :lol:

jeffburch
03-18-2009, 07:44 AM
I can't get a youtube flash window to embed on this forum.
Can the moderators here please add a youtube tag button please?
I've spent considerable time trying to get the html to work.
The best I can tell, html doesnt work on this version of phpBB.

thx,
jb

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUV3eBxCygM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUV3eBxCygM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

or

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUV3eBxCygM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUV3eBxCygM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Al Fernandez
03-18-2009, 09:56 AM
I've got an aiptek sort of like Jeff's with some good video. Working through my first editing experience. Converting the four races from mov to avi took my 6yr old computer about 8hrs! :lol:

Anyone have any other ('sides Mitch's) video/pix of R1?
Oh I have some dandy footage of you spinning in R1!! Just wait... I also have some great footage behind Jeremiah, so combining his lead with my follow should be really cool.

michaelmosty
03-18-2009, 12:56 PM
I am trying to edit my GoPro footage, can I use Pinnacle version 9 to do this? When I connect the camera to the computer I have the ability to watch it with Windows Media but no way to edit it.

edit**
I think I have it figured out, it is amazing what you learn when you read the included directions. :oops:

evarner
03-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Still on the hunt for video footage that can be used in making the year-end video.

If anyone needs a place to upload the files, I have plenty of space. Send me a pm for details.

If you don't have a way to edit, upload or process the media, send me a pm so I can send ya a postage paid envelope.

Trying to get the video from each event processed before the next race..etc.

Hi-rez rules!!

http://www.tek-racing.net/squirrel.jpg

AllZWay
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
I had a problem with my camera or computer last night. The computer is not recognizing my camera... I do have some good stuff, just haven't gotten it off tape yet.

jeremiahkellam
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkU9TjYH81I

ShadowBolt
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkU9TjYH81I

Is that race two or three? If it's really three that's not the best part. Show the last few laps.

JJ

jeremiahkellam
03-18-2009, 02:43 PM
other than Jay passing me once and me passing him right back, it was clear track ahead, until my strut came loose. I'll post up the highlights later

jeremiahkellam
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey, I hit the century mark in post!!

I almost forgot about that sweet pick move J Love helped me out with. There might be some good footage yet!!

Al Fernandez
03-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Mitch wins the covetted "Asleep at the Wheel" award for that start! :lol:

jeremiahkellam
03-18-2009, 03:00 PM
I couldn't see the flag either...

ShadowBolt
03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey, I hit the century mark in post!!

I almost forgot about that sweet pick move J Love helped me out with. There might be some good footage yet!!

It was such a good battle to watch from where I was that I though your video would be great but Jay's may be better.

Jerry

ShadowBolt
03-18-2009, 04:34 PM

In R4 Jay said over the radio "green green green" and no one moved so I did not either. I could not hear anyone going so I sat there. Had I left when jay told me to I would have passed half the field. Next time I will.

JJ

jeremiahkellam
03-18-2009, 05:17 PM
This not a plug, repeat, this is not a plug...

My sister is a photographer that specializes in portrait photography. They live in Mansfield and came out this weekend. I wanted to have her take some casual shots in the pits and hanging out. She tried here hand at action shots for the first time. I was impressed. Check it out...

http://www.erinnoll.com/index2.php

Click the "clients" tab and enter password "jere". Mostly shots of me (what else would you want to see??) but Team Jordan got a few in there...

mitchntx
03-18-2009, 05:29 PM

I was scouring the fence line looking for Misty and never did see her.

I heard engines rev, but I definitely didn't want to jump the start. So, asleep at teh wheel is better than rolled up in a black flag.

mitchntx
03-18-2009, 05:32 PM

In R4 Jay said over the radio "green green green" and no one moved so I did not either. I could not hear anyone going so I sat there. Had I left when jay told me to I would have passed half the field. Next time I will.

JJ

It's a sad day when you don't trust your own spawn ...

BlueFirePony
03-18-2009, 05:33 PM
I liked the noise coming from Burch's car. It was kinda like a bell on a cat's collar. You could always tell where he was on the track. 8)
Holy shit! I thought that noise was coming from my car which is why I let up after T3 - thought I had blown through a pad or something..it was actually coming from JB's car ??!! Man...that was loud - 'course it did stop after JB passed me. :oops:

rpoz27
03-18-2009, 06:07 PM

I was scouring the fence line looking for Misty and never did see her.

I heard engines rev, but I definitely didn't want to jump the start. So, asleep at teh wheel is better than rolled up in a black flag.

You mean I braved being on the track when MFW came over the hill, ran across a field full of potholes, threw a green flag for y'all, hopped over the chain link without snagging Adrian's jacket and not one of y'all could even see the damn flag!? *Sigh* I offered to flag Setup style from the edge of the track. I know most of you wouldn't intentionally aim at me.

JJordan
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
I am trying to edit our GoPro videos, but I keep having audio issues. I have tried using premiere elements 4 and 7 and both have the same issue. If I watch the videos in any other program the audio is fine, but when I add the video as a clip in premiere elements the audio will play for the first few minutes then cut to silence for the rest of the video.

I can even preview the video in Premiere Elements and it works fine. It's just when I add it as a clip and go to edit that I have this problem. Any Ideas? I am going to try some other editing programs as well.

-Jay

mitchntx
03-18-2009, 06:22 PM
I am trying to edit our GoPro videos, but I keep having audio issues. I have tried using premiere elements 4 and 7 and both have the same issue. If I watch the videos in any other program the audio is fine, but when I add the video as a clip in premiere elements the audio will play for the first few minutes then cut to silence for the rest of the video.

I can even preview the video in Premiere Elements and it works fine. It's just when I add it as a clip and go to edit that I have this problem. Any Ideas? I am going to try some other editing programs as well.

-Jay

Premeire "conforms" the audio and depending upon PC speed, takes a while. You should see a status bar in the lower right corner of the Elements window.

Or, you could be "clipping" the audio. Drag the A/V clip to the time line, right click to open the menu. Select "Audio Gain" and try "Normalize". If Normalize doesn't work, manually roll the audio back 5dB or so and try again.

Jeremy Gunter
03-18-2009, 06:47 PM

-Jay

Not sure about Elements but I know premiere actually has a way to choose how the audio is processed. I used to have that problem until I figured this out. You should be able to choose between an audio hardware and/or audio software processing either in the sound clip itself, or possibly in the setup/options menu. Again, I am not familiar with Elements... I'm not at home so I don't have a way to double check this, but it could be the problem..

AI#97
03-18-2009, 06:48 PM
You mean I braved being on the track when MFW came over the hill, ran across a field full of potholes, threw a green flag for y'all, hopped over the chain link without snagging Adrian's jacket and not one of y'all could even see the damn flag!? *Sigh* I offered to flag Setup style from the edge of the track. I know most of you wouldn't intentionally aim at me.

I was sort of wondering what your reaction was going to be when I "cleaned my tires". You had a LONG way to run away! I was just hoping I could see you with the HANS on....suffice to say, I saw you think about throwing the flag and I was G-O-N-E!!!!

JJordan
03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks Mitch, it's working now. I looked for that conforming status bar the other day and it was not doing it. I think the problem was that I was adding more than 1 file at a time when clicking "Get Media." Sometime it would conform just one of the files then stop and other times it would not do any of them. I swear I tried adding just one file at a time the other day and it did not work then either. I didn't change anything, but it's working now so oh well.

JJordan
03-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Next question... What's up with the jumpy/skipping video? I noticed Jeremiah's and Eric's did this and mine do it as well when I go to edit them. The original files do not do this. Is there a way to keep this from happening when editing?

Thanks,

-Jay

jeffburch
03-18-2009, 07:56 PM
From my POV I saw the flag and giggled.
It was about 1-2 sec before anyone in front of me moved.
I just sat there wondering if there was some sort of problem WAY up there I couldn't see.
Why do we not have the info broadcast anymore?
Who has dropped the ball on this?
Is it still mandated in California?
jb

rpoz27
03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
I was sort of wondering what your reaction was going to be when I "cleaned my tires". You had a LONG way to run away! I was just hoping I could see you with the HANS on....suffice to say, I saw you think about throwing the flag and I was G-O-N-E!!!!

:lol: I was expecting shenanigans from you. Was rolling my eyes and thought about sneering and flipping you off, but there were a lot of little ones in the stands and along the fences. They were the only thing that saved you from that cruel fate.

NickV
03-18-2009, 08:24 PM
I managed to snap a few stills on Sunday. Most came out blurry, only a few made it through :?

http://www.fototime.com/inv/CE3D02E70B20B8E

Can't wait for TWS!! :D

AllZWay
03-18-2009, 09:14 PM
This not a plug, repeat, this is not a plug...

My sister is a photographer that specializes in portrait photography. They live in Mansfield and came out this weekend. I wanted to have her take some casual shots in the pits and hanging out. She tried here hand at action shots for the first time. I was impressed. Check it out...

http://www.erinnoll.com/index2.php

Click the "clients" tab and enter password "jere". Mostly shots of me (what else would you want to see??) but Team Jordan got a few in there...

WOW...those are really nicely done.

JJordan
03-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I was able to edit the videos in Windows Movie Maker without having the skipping.

R2 - Jerry - http://www.vimeo.com/3755550

R3 - Jay - http://www.vimeo.com/3755211

-Jay

AllZWay
03-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Here is parts of R2 and R3 filmed by the wifey from the fence. Please forgive the family rooting in the background....except I left some in just for Al in R3. :D

Right Click and Save as:

http://www.sulphurrivertrails.com/videos/MSRC_R2_2009_outside.wmv

http://www.sulphurrivertrails.com/videos/MSRC_2009_R3_outside.wmv

More coming...

David Love AI27
03-18-2009, 10:28 PM
From my POV I saw the flag and giggled.
It was about 1-2 sec before anyone in front of me moved.
I just sat there wondering if there was some sort of problem WAY up there I couldn't see.
Why do we not have the info broadcast anymore?
Who has dropped the ball on this?
Is it still mandated in California?
jb

I spent big bucks on radios and headsets but I never bring them... since Jason and I only have one car (at the moment) we could do a broadcast if you guys start bringing radios... I have 2 PTT and 1 RO...

jeremiahkellam
03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I was able to edit the videos in Windows Movie Maker without having the skipping.

R2 - Jerry - http://www.vimeo.com/3755550

R3 - Jay - http://www.vimeo.com/3755211

-Jay

Damn!! That looked fun!!

AllZWay
03-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Here is R1 from inside my car.

You guys have been giving me heck about the pass on the outside, but notice how all of you just left it open for the taking. :D

Right Click and Save as:

http://www.sulphurrivertrails.com/videos/MSRC_R1_2009_incar_wetconditions.wmv

Eric... Do these that I have posted work for you?

jeffburch
03-19-2009, 08:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE6Qp5H-YLg

I nuked that POS

AllZWay
03-19-2009, 08:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE6Qp5H-YLg

DOH!!!!

JJordan
03-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Damn!! That looked fun!!

It was a BLAST! I was very relieved when you went off track and Jeremy got totally sideways a few turns later. It gave me a chance to breathe.

-Jay

BlueFirePony
03-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Anyone have any other ('sides Mitch's) video/pix of R1?
Oh I have some dandy footage of you spinning in R1!! Just wait... I also have some great footage behind Jeremiah, so combining his lead with my follow should be really cool.
can't wait to see it.
So, any advice from you vets? If you watched my vid you can see that I do know of some of my mistakes, but I pretty much sucked going into Rattlesnake everytime there was more than one car with me. And no, I am not overly worried about marking up my beautiful pony - jus t making sure I was careful enough not to screw up someone else' day... I try to drive safe and clean so not getting war scars is a goal (it'll happen I know, but waiting until after I get out of rookie status).
All my passes I try to make safe and in control...and if someone is coming with a head of steam I am pretty much not blocking - well 'cept one time on Frank - wasn't gonna give up the position that easy :twisted:
I've got big shoulders so let me know where I can improve if you care to share!

Alien
03-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Caption Contest???

http://www.fototime.com/949138DAC7D044B/standard.jpg
CMC Texas... We ARE professionals!

He's some pics we snagged, and yes, Laura is a little biased towards Knocker. She did, however, manage to get one of JP's body contact.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/FC6ABC7888732DE
Camera's zoom kinda sucks, click on the pic for full size, crop as needed and they turn out not as bad.

Rob Liebbe
03-19-2009, 07:37 PM
"I'm Rob Liebbe and I Rule!"

I like that caption.

mitchntx
03-19-2009, 07:45 PM
"Look ... I can count to 2!"

jeremiahkellam
03-19-2009, 07:49 PM
"HELL YEA I tow my motorhome with my race car!!"

BryanL
03-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Theres gotta be a caption in this one, too.

Procters mom "thats it James, your grounded"

http://www.fototime.com/%7BE576D9D1-D238-4EB9-854F-28BCDED4773A%7D/picture.JPG

mitchntx
03-19-2009, 07:59 PM
"And after a long weekend, we all paid our respects ..."

"Hey guys, I lost a contact!"

"James Edward, I thought I told you to put it in gear?"

GlennCMC70
03-19-2009, 08:02 PM
[quote="Alien"]Caption Contest???

"i'll stick this up my own ass if it turns out to be a loose battery cable."

David Love AI27
03-19-2009, 08:15 PM
[quote=Alien]Caption Contest???

Got my vote.............

Glenn... find a job... you have way too much time on your hands... hehe..

You know Im kidding... it is so easy to say when you just got one...

GlennCMC70
03-19-2009, 08:18 PM
accually, of the several people who were given two week notices, i'm one of the very few who is working my two weeks out.
funny as it sounds, i want this job back and i've been told, i'll be notified when a position comes open.

rpoz27
03-19-2009, 08:43 PM

And a fine job you are doing, too! By all accounts, DL is "da man".

mitchntx
03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Look at what "Parking Lot Al" did to my car!!!!

http://www.lawmotorsports.net/mw/stills/MSRC1.jpg

:x

mitchntx
03-19-2009, 08:47 PM
JJ

PC issues found ... not yet fixed.

Bad DDR2 SIMM ... I love Newegg ...

Todd Covini
03-19-2009, 08:57 PM

Thank you Jiffy Pop!!!

Todd Covini
03-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Caption Contest???

CMC Texas... We ARE professionals!

http://www.fototime.com/inv/FC6ABC7888732DE
Camera's zoom kinda sucks, click on the pic for full size, crop as needed and they turn out not as bad.

"In between race sessions I found out where this Thumb Drive goes!!!"

Todd Covini
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Theres gotta be a caption in this one, too.

Procters mom "thats it James, your grounded"

http://www.fototime.com/%7BE576D9D1-D238-4EB9-854F-28BCDED4773A%7D/picture.JPG

"Come 'on Mitch, we decided this loading effort was going to be 'shirts & skins', take your shirt off and start helping the skins team!!!"

Alien
03-19-2009, 10:08 PM
http://www.fototime.com/3986607C0129C9E/standard.jpg

Wirtz - "You know JP, that would be a whole lot easier if you would just buy a set of ramps"

jeffburch
03-19-2009, 10:27 PM
accually, of the several people who were given two week notices, i'm one of the very few who is working my two weeks out.
funny as it sounds, i want this job back and i've been told, i'll be notified when a position comes open.

There are do-ers and there are people who tell about what they've done.
Your managers know.

jb

michaelmosty
03-19-2009, 11:35 PM

Got my vote.............

DL, remember when you tried to help me chase down my starting problem at MSRH last year, it was a loose battery cable (ground). :oops:
Us Mustang drivers have to check these things. :wink:

GlennCMC70
03-19-2009, 11:36 PM
http://johnbrewer.shutterfly.com/368?size=All&startIndex=0

BryanL
03-20-2009, 12:11 AM
http://johnbrewer.shutterfly.com/397?size=All&startIndex=0#399

Wirtz
03-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Hart has lots o pics up.

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=4166

GlennCMC70
03-20-2009, 08:36 AM
http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=625222

Todd Covini
03-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Nice!

We need this pic on our home page.
Perfect new "Camaro-Mustang Challenge" poster!

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=624982

Todd Covini
03-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Same here for poster children...this one with newer gen cars.
See the importance of colorful, clean and properly decal-ed cars!

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=625245

michaelmosty
03-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Nice!

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=624982
I think that was the pass for the win in R4. :cry:

Todd Covini
03-20-2009, 09:25 AM
<<GASP>> Did someone say "Poster"?

I bet Texas AI/CMC posters could be produced in bulk cheaper than T-shirts and could be handed out for free at driver's meetings or other events. How cool of a recruiting tool would that be?

I'm sure someone could design a bitchin' poster with all the great action shots we have had over the years.

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
03-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Nice!

I think that was the pass for the win in R4. :cry:

:lol:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/66/168843025_0d63578e14.jpg?v=0

AI#97
03-20-2009, 10:25 AM

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=625245

Sorry, I am partial to street cars done up to look like a Chinese cartoon character!

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=624233

Al Fernandez
03-20-2009, 10:31 AM
I think Mitch purposely rammed into me to "set" his moveable aerodynamic device. 8)

jeremiahkellam
03-20-2009, 10:35 AM

Sorry, I am partial to street cars done up to look like a Chinese cartoon character!

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=624233

......YAAAAWN...... :wink:

Rob Liebbe
03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=624504

Sometimes a little photo composition is required. :roll:

Todd Covini
03-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Matt...you're too funny. It DOES look like a chinese cartoon character, and looked awesome all cleaned up!

Monochromatic is a style too! :lol:

Todd Covini
03-20-2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=624504

Sometimes a little photo composition is required. :roll:

Chris Lyons is looking for photos like that! :lol:

AllZWay
03-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Whoever took that picture of my car falling off the trailer deserves a donut. :twisted:

Alien
03-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Shouldn't that be "Whoever isn't catching my car deserves a donut?"

I'm there... the one in blue.

AI#97
03-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Matt...you're too funny. It DOES look like a chinese cartoon character, and looked awesome all cleaned up!

Monochromatic is a style too! :lol:

It's going to look hideous at TWS...everything will either be black, silver or clear aluminum....hope to find time to prep and paint the hood but there are a few mods that need to be done first....might be flying the "Donovan" look for a few events till I sort out the hood vent.

AllZWay
03-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Shouldn't that be "Whoever isn't catching my car deserves a donut?"

I'm there... the one in blue.

Good Point.. I like all the "State/City Worker" types supervising all those actually working. :lol:

Alien
03-20-2009, 09:46 PM
<<GASP>> Did someone say "Poster"?

I bet Texas AI/CMC posters could be produced in bulk cheaper than T-shirts and could be handed out for free at driver's meetings or other events. How cool of a recruiting tool would that be?

I'm sure someone could design a bitchin' poster with all the great action shots we have had over the years.

-=- Todd

I thought we already had a recruiting poster?

http://www.fototime.com/6BE9670235E22E1/standard.jpg

AllZWay
03-20-2009, 09:47 PM

hehe..... That is great. :D

AllZWay
03-20-2009, 09:49 PM

Mitch... My Dad said he hasn't seen a race yet where your nose didn't look like that. :P

AllZWay
03-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Btw.... On a serious note... Thanks to all you that helped keep my car from falling off the trailer.

I guess my dumbass drove up on it and put it in neutral. :oops:

Todd Covini
03-21-2009, 12:44 AM

Mitch... My Dad said he hasn't seen a race yet where your nose didn't look like that. :P

"THANKS JIFFY POP!!!"
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2002/1759799712_b98d5f976c.jpg?v=0

AllZWay
03-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Here is my last video of Cresson... R3 and R4 the camera crapped oout.

http://www.pro-graphics.biz/videos/MSRC_R2_2009_incar.wmv

jeffburch
03-21-2009, 05:58 PM

This pic reminds me of the Keystone light beer commercial.
The car looks to have Bitter Beer Face LOL!

jbhttp://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/2/14feb6-bitter-beer-face.jpg

mitchntx
03-21-2009, 06:11 PM
1 ... 2 ... 3 ... OK, that's 4 donuts at TWS.

Anyone else? They're cheaper by the dozen ...

8)

AllZWay
03-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I kind of like this picture....

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=625130

mitchntx
03-21-2009, 08:13 PM

James, I took your video and synchronized the video from Mike's drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3AQkfx2hIc

Glenn, I just posted it to Youtube ... give it a few minutes. :wink:

ShadowBolt
03-21-2009, 08:20 PM

I held you off a little while James Edward. DF was all over the place (going fast but losing the front and rear end on every turn). I was afraid to get as close as you did. I know I cold not have held you off long but it was fun as Hell!

JJ

AllZWay
03-21-2009, 09:41 PM

James, I took your video and synchronized the video from Mike's drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3AQkfx2hIc

Glenn, I just posted it to Youtube ... give it a few minutes. :wink:

Hey...that is pretty cool.

AllZWay
03-21-2009, 09:43 PM

I held you off a little while James Edward. DF was all over the place (going fast but losing the front and rear end on every turn). I was afraid to get as close as you did. I know I cold not have held you off long but it was fun as Hell!

JJ

Big fun for sure... and drop the Edward crap. :P Mom is always guaranteed to embarass me. :oops:

jeffburch
03-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Any update on the mylaps posting?

thx,
jb

GlennCMC70
03-23-2009, 07:34 AM
i emailed NASA TX last night.

Rob Liebbe
03-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Finally have Race 4 posted

low resolution

http://vimeo.com/3815873?pg=transcoded_embed&sec=3815873

I have an avi format that I'm trying to load to Argentlab but its taking forever.

Glenn shut me down every time I tried any kind of move - :x

mitchntx
03-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Glenn shut me down every time I tried any kind of move - :x

Cry me a river. Looking at R2, you slammed the door plenty of times, only it was out of class racing.

David Love AI27
03-23-2009, 11:18 AM

JJ

Big fun for sure... and drop the Edward crap. :P Mom is always guaranteed to embarass me. :oops:

DUDE... NEVER admit that something embarasses you!!!! from now on you will be FOREVER known as James Edward... people will start to believe that Edward is your last name... heck I wouldn't be suprized if you are given an "EDWARD" name banner for your car at TWS...

AllZWay
03-23-2009, 11:38 AM

JJ

DUDE... NEVER admit that something embarasses you!!!! from now on you will be FOREVER known as James Edward... people will start to believe that Edward is your last name... heck I wouldn't be suprized if you are given an "EDWARD" name banner for your car at TWS...

Oh... It wasn't just the name. :oops:

ShadowBolt
03-23-2009, 12:22 PM

JJ

There is a certain tone that goes with it.

JJ

David Love AI27
03-23-2009, 12:23 PM

JJ

I understand, glad my mom doesn't like to come to the track anymore...

AI#97
03-23-2009, 02:59 PM

Hey! At least your middle name isn't "Fucking".

I actually have the same middle name as you and for some reason a mother can really make you feel in trouble with a two syllable middle name!!!

jeffburch
03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z4THb7R9OM&feature=related
http://www.fototime.com/3986607C0129C9E/standard.jpg

AllZWay
03-23-2009, 04:27 PM

One of these days... I am going to find a new bunch of friends. :twisted:

Todd Covini
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Sheesh...nothing in the group is sacred!!! :-)
I'm just glad I'm not the only one to spin on the warm-up lap...right, JB! :lol:

Rob Liebbe
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM

One of these days... I am going to find a new bunch of friends. :twisted:

Looks like you'd fit right in over at the 280Z Club!!!!!

jeffburch
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm just glad I'm not the only one to spin on the warm-up lap...right, JB! :lol:

Don't lay that one on me. Never happened.

jb

AllZWay
03-24-2009, 01:47 PM

It is pretty amazing what you can find on You Tube these days. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v8yGL26BkE

Wirtz
03-24-2009, 01:51 PM
:shock:

jeffburch
03-24-2009, 02:01 PM
It's fun being famous :oops:
You know I had front hub issues right?
Didn't look like a spin to me.
Whatever.

jb
<note to self>
<cook collage of the 32 car passes/slips from my old vid>

evarner
03-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Given the circumstances - Nice save!!

Al Fernandez
03-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Alright...first time ever...R4 in two parts. Inverted start races just rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lNmVlwXRag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj2LvQWfnA8

BlueFirePony
03-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Alright...first time ever...R4 in two parts.
Hey, get those R1/2 vidz up there slacker!

Wirtz
03-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Here is parts of R2 and R3 filmed by the wifey from the fence. Please forgive the family rooting in the background....except I left some in just for Al in R3. :D

Right Click and Save as:

http://www.sulphurrivertrails.com/videos/MSRC_R2_2009_outside.wmv

http://www.sulphurrivertrails.com/videos/MSRC_2009_R3_outside.wmv

More coming...

I went back and was rewatching alot of the stuff posted in this thread. The out of car footage was really cool. I knew we had a big field, but the standing start for R3 was great.

jEp's chearing section puts alot of pressure on him ;)

AND!

I want my car to shoot fire too!!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_O0bFZ_cq_Xs/Scl4UhUxXfI/AAAAAAAAALA/4ewJyavqMBU/jEp%20fire.JPG

Fun stuff...

ShadowBolt
03-24-2009, 08:22 PM

Al,
why does the video stop at around 4:30 in vid one but the sound keeps going? I know all about if a frog had wings and all that crap but if my car had not started pushing in Little Bend I think I could have held you off. Traffic also can be a bitch.

During the double yellow I did not understand as JP and JK were running almost full tilt and I was afraid to go that fast under a double yellow. Every corner worker at every station was waving at me wildly to slow down and JP and JK kept pulling away. At one point I let them get twenty or thirty cars in front of me. I thought I could get in trouble so I slowed down and should have known I only needed to slow down next to the cause of the DY. To me a DY should have us running half speed all over the track for saftey.

JJ

AI#97
03-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Jerry brings up a good point. The last couple of times we have been under DY, that I recall, have both been at cresson and the "pace" speed is more like "RACE" speed. the car in front always seems to be wanting to get a gap or something when in my mind, they should only be running 50% if that. I also seem to recall a lap record being set at hallett under DY behind the Pace Wrecker? :?

AllZWay
03-24-2009, 08:53 PM

Al,
why does the video stop at around 4:30 in vid one but the sound keeps going? I know all about if a frog had wings and all that crap but if my car had not started pushing in Little Bend I think I could have held you off. Traffic also can be a bitch.

During the double yellow I did not understand as JP and JK were running almost full tilt and I was afraid to go that fast under a double yellow. Every corner worker at every station was waving at me wildly to slow down and JP and JK kept pulling away. At one point I let them get twenty or thirty cars in front of me. I thought I could get in trouble so I slowed down and should have known I only needed to slow down next to the cause of the DY. To me a DY should have us running half speed all over the track for saftey.

JJ

Jerry... I pretty much a gree with you. The deal is that if you don't stay up with the cars in front of you...when they drop the green again, your are too far behind to catch up.

We were not running full out and definitely slow through the area that Jeremy was sitting.

I would have preferred either the pace car slowing the field until everyone caught up or a red flag through hot pit.

Jeremy Gunter
03-24-2009, 09:20 PM
I tried to get offline... :oops:

Todd Covini
03-24-2009, 09:30 PM
I'll post this as a RotD....

CCR 19.3.6 Double Yellow Flags
Description: Two (2) solid motionless yellow flags, displayed at every manned flag
station around the course.
Uses: NO PASSING is permitted. This is used to indicate “a full course yellow.” This
means that there might be a problem somewhere on the track. Drivers are NOT
required to significantly slow their vehicles, however they should be prepared to
encounter a “local Yellow Flag” situation and/or a Pace Car (or a very slow moving pack
behind the Pace Car). The displaying of Double Yellow Flags does not guarantee the
appearance of a Pace Car. It is a command that NO PASSING IS ALLOWED until the
Pace Car has pulled off the course (if applicable) and the driver has passed next
manned flag station that is not displaying any Yellow Flag(s).

ShadowBolt
03-24-2009, 09:34 PM

Al,

JJ

Jerry... I pretty much a gree with you. The deal is that if you don't stay up with the cars in front of you...when they drop the green again, your are too far behind to catch up.

We were not running full out and definitely slow through the area that Jeremy was sitting.

I would have preferred either the pace car slowing the field until everyone caught up or a red flag through hot pit.

James,
I know you were not runing full tilt but you were running 70 or 80 percent and you were slowing for the area Jeremy was sitting but after I slowed to 50% I could not catch you running almost wide open everywhere except where Jeremy was. I thought it was unsafe what we were doing and it would have been better to run as MFW said at 50% or less. By me slowing when I first saw the DY it took me completely out of the race since there were only a few laps left when we took the green.
It was my fault for not knowing what to do but I think what we did was wrong. JMHO

JJ

ShadowBolt
03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
I'll post this as a RotD....

CCR 19.3.6 Double Yellow Flags
Description: Two (2) solid motionless yellow flags, displayed at every manned flag
station around the course.
Uses: NO PASSING is permitted. This is used to indicate “a full course yellow.” This
means that there might be a problem somewhere on the track. Drivers are NOT
required to significantly slow their vehicles, however they should be prepared to
encounter a “local Yellow Flag” situation and/or a Pace Car (or a very slow moving pack
behind the Pace Car). The displaying of Double Yellow Flags does not guarantee the
appearance of a Pace Car. It is a command that NO PASSING IS ALLOWED until the
Pace Car has pulled off the course (if applicable) and the driver has passed next
manned flag station that is not displaying any Yellow Flag(s).

Then why were the corner workers waving their arms at me like I was supposed to slow down? I did not know what to do since they were trying to get me to slow down and JP and JK were driving away.

JJ

mitchntx
03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Then why were the corner workers waving their arms at me like I was supposed to slow down? I did not know what to do since they were trying to get me to slow down and JP and JK were driving away.

JJ

They were just being friendly, Jerry.

Todd Covini
03-24-2009, 09:43 PM
JJ,
You did the right thing to slow and heed the corner workers. Local conditions apply and the Race Director has the right to supercede the CCR during driver meetings, which he did. Preference is to slow during those double yellows. How much...is the $10k question. If the field runs too fast, we'll be forced to put out a pace car every time. We can work on this.

-=- T

jeffburch
03-24-2009, 09:50 PM
The situation only required a local yellow IMO.
Swiss if they're out to rescue.
MSRC :roll:
DY means catch the pace car/pack but no passing and slow down at incident.
jb

ShadowBolt
03-24-2009, 09:51 PM
JJ,
You did the right thing to slow and heed the corner workers. Local conditions apply and the Race Director has the right to supercede the CCR during driver meetings, which he did. Preference is to slow during those double yellows. How much...is the $10k question. If the field runs too fast, we'll be forced to put out a pace car every time. We can work on this.

-=- T

I would like to see us all get on the same page on this and I see no reason not to slow way down during DY's. I do agree with JB that this only needed a yellow and maybe a Swiss.

JJ

Todd Covini
03-24-2009, 09:56 PM
...'member the driver's meeting. MSRC req'd double yellows for the weekend even if it was a local yellow situation.

GlennCMC70
03-24-2009, 09:57 PM
here is the reality of it.
if we know there will be no pace car, then the leader will not slow down cause he/she does not want to lose the lead they have. but if a pace car is coming out and we know that, the leader will slow down cause it will not matter how much lead he has as its gone once he catch's the pace car.

so then we will be like NASCAR - every single yellow is at least one full lap behind the pace car. that will totally ruin our races.

slow enough to keep the safety crew feeling warm and fuzzy, and we will be fine.

jeffburch
03-24-2009, 10:00 PM
JJ,
Wait to you go to a National and you come upon a tow truck thats doing 80mph.
You pass that SOB (safely).

jb

ShadowBolt
03-24-2009, 10:04 PM
...'member the driver's meeting. MSRC req'd double yellows for the weekend even if it was a local yellow situation.

Was I at the drivers meeting? I did not remember that in the heat of the race.

JJ

AI#97
03-24-2009, 10:42 PM
I see that what has been happening is as the CCR states it...10/4! DY equals hammer down!

Alien
03-24-2009, 11:03 PM
jb
<note to self>
<cook collage of the 32 car passes/slips from my old vid>
Meh... pretty sure everyone already knows what that looks like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz08rcLftFw

AI#97
03-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Damn....all this CMC action and no Vortex coverage.... :cry:

evarner
03-25-2009, 08:01 AM
If anyone wants to mail me their raw or edited media, I will pay the postage. So far, I haven't received as much as I hoped for at this point in time. Compressed low rez videos isn't what's needed. 8)

PM me with your address, how much material (CD's, tapes, SD cards..etc.) you have to send and I will send you an envelope postage paid and then will return your media ASAP.

http://www.tek-racing.net/squirrelhelp.jpg

AI#97
03-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Check out Mike Skeen in the 1st Trans Am of the year.
http://www.vimeo.com/3829293

Wow, nice job.

jb

spoiler/write up
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/scca-pickett-wins-in-trans-am-return-at-road-atlanta/

If I only had some money! I saw a bunch of those cars for sale two years ago for mid 20k's... Looked like they had a LOT of cars on track too!!! BAD ASS!!!

Wirtz
03-25-2009, 07:31 PM
One of the guys from Vorshlag was taking some pics on Saturday.

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/7601073_Tepux#491434115_j77wK

We are still missing some videos in this thread aren't we?

AllZWay
03-25-2009, 08:06 PM

There some interesting pictures of CMC cars pointing in the wrong directions. :shock:

Fbody383
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
We are still missing some videos in this thread aren't we?

Yes; my wife thought the Disney vacation (where I'm typing this) was more important than getting the races off the camera.

Eric, if I run into difficulty getting it ripped, I'll mail the two tapes to you. Let me take a crack at it when I get back.

Todd Covini
03-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Say Hi to Mickey! (and Demi Lovato)

BlueFirePony
03-26-2009, 01:33 AM

There some interesting pictures of CMC cars pointing in the wrong directions. :shock:
And at least 1 AI car...#38 is a Rookie tiptoe parade through rattlesnake...the one off I had...unless Al has more evidence that is ;)

Al Fernandez
03-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Race 1 highlights showing what not to do with a beautiful blue s197 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J81pY1SLkrM

Plus, I started FTP-ing my full res files to Eric last night after he helped me find an ftp program that works. It took like five minutes, the computer will do the rest. Get your stuff to Eric guys!!

BlueFirePony
03-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Race 1 highlights showing what not to do with a beautiful blue s197 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J81pY1SLkrM
Oh heck...I was just getting out of the way for you guys - I don't even think I touched a wheel off there... :wink: ''course that did not last as photographic evidence shows me later in the race with my backside blocking half of the path through rattlesnake.
That was a fun race though...good practice on slicks in wet.
I was hoping someone caught my 4 tank slapper on the outlap of qualifying...now that probably looked funny!

Fbody383
03-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Step right up, step right up... See the slow road through the eyes of a rookie...

CMC39 Round 2 - Race 1 and 2 Highlights (http://vimeo.com/3916322)

I got some feedback, "constructive criticism" you could call it, about the looseness of the car in round 1. I honestly didn't believe the car felt as loose as it now looks.

I do appreciate the feedback and think all the in-car footage is useful, not only for reviewing contact and showing racing lines, but in conditions like race 1 where in the heat of the battle a new driver may not fully appreciate the size of the car wiggles.

GlennCMC70
03-30-2009, 09:00 AM
once again - sorry David. let me know if i can do anything to fix your car.
(cant wait till you hit me).

man, sweet pass on those two AI car going into Rattlesnake if i dont say so myself. :wink:

Fbody383
03-30-2009, 09:05 AM
once again - sorry David. let me know if i can do anything to fix your car.

You already did - you had hardware, tools and advice and it was a simple fix and took weight off the car.

Don't worry, the car and driver will get faster... and wider. 8)

Wirtz
03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Nice job in R1 working your way up. Good patience in bad conditions.

Nice "woohoo" in R2 ;)

Are you running a rear brake bias valve? The car seemed a bit unhappy under braking... I'm not sure what the balance is like on a stock 4th gen and of course the track conditions make it a bit more difficult to tell.

ShadowBolt
03-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Nice job in R1 working your way up. Good patience in bad conditions.

Nice "woohoo" in R2 ;)

Are you running a rear brake bias valve? The car seemed a bit unhappy under braking... I'm not sure what the balance is like on a stock 4th gen and of course the track conditions make it a bit more difficult to tell.

A bit unhappy under braking? I was right behind and was afraid to pass. It was not about if he was going to spin but when. James just drove up to me and went right by but he had not been watching what I had. The car would lock up the front going into every turn and then lose the rear on exit. I will say when David gets the car zoned in he is gonna be fast.......mad car control skills. Right after the race I went to David and said something I had no business saying. I told him he was driving way over his head and he was going to hurt someone or himself. He said "well that's your opinion".
You know I love ya David. Sorry, I'll keep my mouth shut next time if there is one.
JJ

GlennCMC70
03-30-2009, 11:14 AM
its far worse to keep your mouth shut if you think there is a problem than saying something about it. be polite when you approch someone and when approched, be open minded.
kudo's to you Jerry for having the nuts to comment to him, and not behind his back. David will respect you for it, as will many others.

red mist is a bitch and we all have looked thru it while racing.

Fbody383
03-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Are you running a rear brake bias valve? The car seemed a bit unhappy under braking...

Yes, and I know I need to take a little more out. I had added a 1/8 turn or so back in on Saturday and agree I want to take a little more out.

I told him he was driving way over his head and he was going to hurt someone or himself. He said "well that's your opinion".

Jerry and I had a very useful conversation. The difference in opinion, at that time, was the amount of wiggle Jerry was seeing. I would still say that he was safe going around me but I do understand his concern since watching some of the in-car.

BlueFirePony
03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Step right up, step right up... See the slow road through the eyes of a rookie...

CMC39 Round 2 - Race 1 and 2 Highlights (http://vimeo.com/3916322)

I got some feedback, "constructive criticism" you could call it, about the looseness of the car in round 1. I honestly didn't believe the car felt as loose as it now looks.

I do appreciate the feedback and think all the in-car footage is useful, not only for reviewing contact and showing racing lines, but in conditions like race 1 where in the heat of the battle a new driver may not fully appreciate the size of the car wiggles.
Dude! Way to go! I am not going to say anything about how bad I sucked 'cause it will marginalize how good you were...I knew I was crazy inconsistent in R2 but your video is a great learning tool for me. Opps OK, I mentioned I sucked..but you are going places!
Oh, and is it just me or does everyone feel like a complete turd when Wirtz, JP and Glenn pass them so easily? Uhmmm....or am I the only one that gets passed so easily :(

Fbody383
03-30-2009, 09:33 PM
CMC39 Race 3 and 4 Video Highlights:

AI checks out...

Where is that smoke coming from...

Look there goes Mosty, Wirtz, Landrum, etc.

Why does my neck hurt?

Look there goes Proctor, Fernandez, Warren, Jordan, etc.

Oh no, mini vortex!

jeffburch
03-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Good Golly still no mylaps :!: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BlueFirePony
04-01-2009, 01:41 PM
man, sweet pass on those two AI car going into Rattlesnake if i dont say so myself. :wink:
Yep, that was a great pass.
You know I lived it and watched it from my in-car video but until I saw it from David's I did not understand just how poorly I was racing there...driving was fine..follow the leader was damn good.
Is this one of those times I get to say "Not gonna make it that easy next time"...of course that might be a while ;)

JJordan
04-10-2009, 02:50 PM
R4 with front and rear cam...

http://www.vimeo.com/4094530

-Jay

jeffburch
04-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Wow.
Thanks for sharing!
Take note EV/MW :D
The edit bar has been raised, WAAY up huh?
Great stuff.

jb

Oh,
PS, great driving too Jerry!

mitchntx
04-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Wow.

jb

I just want to edit and have fun ....

AllZWay
04-10-2009, 04:58 PM
That is pretty cool.

JJordan
04-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow.
Thanks for sharing!
Great stuff.

jb

I have tried to figure out how to do this several times since MSRC, but just got it today. I had to use Windows Movie Maker to convert the GoPro video to a DV AVI before I could get it to play smoothly in Premiere Elements. Once I got that working it was actually all pretty easy. There is an effect in Premiere that will flip a video horizontally. I used this to make the reverse shot appear like you are looking in the mirror.

-Jay

Todd Covini
04-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Nice job, and it did look like the rear view mirror!

ShadowBolt
04-11-2009, 05:36 PM
R4 with front and rear cam...

http://www.vimeo.com/4094530

-Jay

Good job Jay! Send it to EV.

JJ

Al Fernandez
04-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Man that is awesome. How big is the file? I want a copy. And yep, Eric needs it too 'cause there's some great stuff in there.

JJordan
04-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Man that is awesome. How big is the file? I want a copy. And yep, Eric needs it too 'cause there's some great stuff in there.

If you create an account (free) with Vimeo you can download the original file I uploaded. It is not the origional (3GB) video, but it is higher quality than what you see when you are streaming it.

Just log into your account and go to the page the video is on. Then on the bottom right there is a link that says "Download Windows Media version
720x480, 142.51MB"

_Jay

evarner
04-13-2009, 01:39 PM
If anyone wants to bring their raw footage media (tapes, DVD..etc.), I'm all for it. Working with uncompressed footage makes me happy. 8)

FYI stuff:

A WMV file is in most circumstances encapsulated in the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) container format. The file extension .WMV typically describes ASF files that use Windows Media Video codecs. The audio codec used in conjunction with Windows Media Video is typically some version of Windows Media Audio, or in rarer cases, the deprecated Sipro ACELP.net audio codec.

Windows Media Video Screen (WMV Screen) is a screencast codec. It can capture live screen content, or convert video from third-party screen-capture programs into WMV 9 Screen files. It works best when the source material is mainly static and contains a small color palette. Depending on the complexity of the source material, the codec may switch between lossy and lossless encoding to enhance compression efficiency.

One of the uses for the codec is computer step-by-step demonstration videos. The first version of the codec was WMV 7 Screen, The second and current version, WMV 9 Screen, supports VBR encoding in addition to CBR

Microsoft claims that WMV 9 provides a compression ratio that is two times better than MPEG-4, and three times better than MPEG-2; Microsoft also claims that WMV 9 is 15–50% better than WMV 8 in terms of compression efficiency. One test report published in January 2005, however, showed that WMV 9 had worse compression efficiency than WMV 8. Many 3rd party WMV compilers have had worse performance than Windows Movie Maker.

AVI

Uncompressed AVI files are huge. AVI codecs (COmpressor – DECompressor) greatly reduce file sizes while maintaining optimum quality. (Generally, a codec is a program that compresses or decompresses audio or video. There can be several codecs—programs—that can compress using the same technique. For instance, there are several codecs that implement MPEG 4 video compression.) AVI’s popularity and extensibility depend on the fact that you can freely select different video and audio codecs. Other file formats like MPEG 2 or WMV are not as flexible.

....more to follow

Fbody383
04-13-2009, 02:52 PM
mumbo jumbo, words, words, words...

What?

I'll just mail in the tapes.

Wirtz
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
I have tried to figure out how to do this several times since MSRC, but just got it today. I had to use Windows Movie Maker to convert the GoPro video to a DV AVI before I could get it to play smoothly in Premiere Elements. Once I got that working it was actually all pretty easy. There is an effect in Premiere that will flip a video horizontally. I used this to make the reverse shot appear like you are looking in the mirror.
-Jay

Jay - did you find a way to crop the PIP window? I'm trying to do a similar overlay but the aspect ratio of the PIP is blocking too much of the front view camera.

Jeff

JJordan
04-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Jay - did you find a way to crop the PIP window? I'm trying to do a similar overlay but the aspect ratio of the PIP is blocking too much of the front view camera.

Jeff

I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I think there was a "Crop" option under the effects section possibly under "Transform." That is also where I did the horizontal flip to make it look like the mirror.

I can try to get a screen shot tonight. For now, this may help: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereElements/7.0/WS44DE71A2-B004-4103-BD28-54BB1BB42A27.html#WSB186E3AB-CA88-45f6-B32F-E174FEBBA945

-Jay

JJordan
04-30-2009, 07:12 PM

Jeff

Here ya go... Let me know if you don't have some of these effects. Assuming you have Premiere 7.0 I can get them for you.

http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/1.jpg

http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/2.jpg

http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/3.jpg

If you want to flip the image as well this is how:

http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/4.jpg

-Jay

Wirtz
04-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Wow, thanks Jay. I'll try to dig into it tonight.

Jeff

Todd Covini
04-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Wow, thanks Jay. I'll try to dig into it tonight.

Jeff

....says the Dell employee to the regular guy. :wink: :lol:

JJordan
04-30-2009, 09:04 PM

"Regular guy" works at Texas Instruments which probably makes all the chips that run Dell computers... :shock:

Todd Covini
04-30-2009, 09:07 PM

"Regular guy" works at Texas Instruments which probably makes all the chips that run Dell computers... :shock:

Ahh...nevermind. :oops:
Right about now is when Mitch jumps in and tells me I'm embarrassing myself again. See I've got the routine down now...

Sorry Jay! :lol: