PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 car count!

GlennCMC70
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
we had a peak of 24 cars there. 20 CMC/CMC2 cars.
that is an all time high CMC car count. in the past we have had 23 cars (2006) and that was total points collecting drivers for the season, not a single event count. if memory serves me right, i think our past single event high was 14 at TWS way back in 2005.
we still have Cory Rueth and Morgan Dawdy and Scott Smith MIA along w/ loosing Adam. Varner needs his own car again so Todd can drive. once we get Mike Pattersons car back in Texas, we will dial it back to CMC2. we have Nick Runyon hoping to finish his new car soon and get back w/ us, along w/ Nick Valentine, Randy English, Andrew Hahn.
i'm sure i missed someone, but crap guys, we could very well have 30 cars in CMC at some point in the year.
add Clifton to the incomming list, as well as wishing Mike Bell and Wayne Mannor would come back.

guys, we are the single largest CMC/CMC2 field in the country. bad ass!

Todd Covini
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
....and lots of great CMC car deals out there too!!! 8)

michaelmosty
03-16-2009, 09:53 PM
The series just keeps getting better and better!!!
Just think, at Hallett (with the CO crew) we should be around a 40 car field! :shock:

I don't know how it keeps getting better, but it does! :D

Greg_FW
03-16-2009, 10:03 PM
As a newbie rookie I will tell you how it keeps getting better. Clean racing, welcoming people, and awesome platforms constrained by tight rules.

Frankly I'm not hooked on a particular car or brand (sorry all you who are real fans of one or the other) but CMC/CMC2/AI/AIX in Texas demonstrate sportsmanship and love of the game. That will continue to pull people in.

David Love AI27
03-16-2009, 11:03 PM
LiiR has the 89 GT and 85 Camaro in the wings... I would really like to get Nick's old car from Boudy and use the parts from my 85 to put it back to race form... Jason told me last night on the way back that "if we had another car he would push harder"... 8)

evarner
03-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Definitely a huge field!!! Looks like it's going to get bigger and bigger - along with better. :D

I have waaaaay too much $$ and time invested in the #2 car. Maybe once I don't have to sleep on the couch my wonderful wife might entertain the idea of getting my own CMC car (let me know when you see pigs fly and cows jump over the moon - that will be the time) :lol:

Jeremy Gunter
03-17-2009, 08:15 AM
I know we all love having more cars on track, and since we don't have the funds to advertise, I guess word of mouth has done us some good. It's just racing, so it must be something attracting people to our group. I personally think it has to do with the groups that form after a race, the chatter that happens between friends like, "that was an awesome move you just put on me, nice pass, nice save, you hit me pretty hard haha..." I doubt many other series see this kind of friendship throughout. It's what brought me in...

Don't forgot old Rosco's coming, if he ever finishes his "Jeffs" super build.

Al Fernandez
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Forgot about Ross and his 3rd gen, one more in the works.

A 24 car AI/CMC field is tremendous. Group 4 is the place to be!

Boudy
03-17-2009, 10:27 AM
I'll be attending TWS and probably the rest of the season. Almost made Cresson but stuff came up. We all know how stuff can be...

David, you're welcome to the 79 shell if you need it. Just email me.

Boudy

BryanL
03-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Great to hear you will be at TWS Boudy. You dropping the duece or staying old school?

Getting over 25 would be cool but I think we can do 30. I liked it this weekend when our field was alot bigger than the pinata's. And Glenn converted one of them back to being a pitcher this weekend.

Maybe with that kind of car count NASATX would reconsider grouping us with Group 7. Did anybody hear if the driver was okay when the ambulance was on track and 2 cars were in the mud past big bend? It was perfect timing when my wife drove into the track and saw the bambulance driving down the straight. I also figure we will hear Clifton remind us not to get out of are car if we are off track.

GlennCMC70
03-17-2009, 10:02 PM
And Glenn converted one of them back to being a pitcher this weekend.
i take no responsiblity for him being a "switch hitter".

and Bryan, i'm sure you can expect at least one black flag for TWS.

rpoz27
03-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Did anybody hear if the driver was okay when the ambulance was on track and 2 cars were in the mud past big bend? It was perfect timing when my wife drove into the track and saw the bambulance driving down the straight. I also figure we will hear Clifton remind us not to get out of are car if we are off track.

Both drivers were fine at the track. Both cars took a lot of damage.