PDA

View Full Version : 2009 TWS Enduro Team LAW Motorsports announced!

GlennCMC70
03-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Team LAW Motorsports will be competing in the 2009 TWS 8 hour Enduro. This Team will consist of:
Drivers:
Glenn Landrum
Mike Patterson
James Proctor
the team will be lead by last years E1 class winning Crew Chief Mitch Warren. the crew will consist of, but not limited to, Al Fernandez, Bryan Lienart, Chris Burton and a few others to be named at a later date.
if you want to be part of the 2008 E1 Class Champ Team and possibly the 2009 E1 Class Champ Team, send me an email and let me know. since this will be an 8 hour effort, i will need much more help this year than last. many jobs will need to have back-ups and stand-by's. basically, i can use all the help i can get. including any radios you guys can let me use.

anyways, many thanks to all who made offers to drive, and i hope none of you are offended that you were not selected.
since i seem to be the only Texas CMC car entered, i hope i can get the support form all the CMC guys not commited to another team.

-Glenn Landrum
214-869-9603
Glenn_Landrum AT msn DOT com

mitchntx
03-19-2009, 06:55 AM
many thanks to all who made offers to drive, and i hope none of you are offended that you were not selected.

Let me echo that it was almost overwhelming the numbers of talented drivers, within the series and outside the series, who wanted that seat.

We had no idea you liked us so much. :wink:

The decision was not easy and hence the reason for the long delay in announcing our selection. We found ourselves in an awkward position having to pick from such a great group of, not only drivers, but friends.

We look forward to working with our AI/CMC brothers to bring home the trophies once again.

AllZWay
03-19-2009, 08:11 AM
I am extremely happy and honored to have made the cut. I can't wait to try and help you guys win another big race.

Al Fernandez
03-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Its ON baby! Can't wait to be part of this!

Fbody383
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Its ON baby! Can't wait to be part of this as long as I'm not in charge of hood pins.

Fixed. Maybe I can fetch water.

ps - I'm crushed I didn't even get a look... if James Robert can reach the pedals...

Alien
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Glenn Landrum
Mike Patterson
James Proctor
Mitch Warren
Al Fernandez
Bryan Lienart
Dave Francis

Geez, gotta drive a 4th gen to be on this team, huh?

GlennCMC70
03-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Not really Gary. your welcome to join.

ShadowBolt
03-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I can't imagine why they wanted James instead of me? Maybe it was the way he passed me like I was tied to a post in the videos of R2 and R4? Lets see.....they could pick JP or JJ......really hard call. I got my feeling hurt since I was sure it my ride.

JJ

mitchntx
03-19-2009, 12:50 PM
I can't imagine why they wanted James instead of me? Maybe it was the way he passed me like I was tied to a post in the videos of R2 and R4? Lets see.....they could pick JP or JJ......really hard call. I got my feeling hurt since I was sure it my ride.

JJ

Jerry, we needed someone to monitor beer temps. We obviously can't ask Bryan, so you were the obvious choice.

Fbody383
03-19-2009, 12:52 PM

JJ

Jerry, we needed someone to monitor beer temps. We obviously can't ask Bryan, so you were the obvious choice.

... quick inbound pass, shot in the air... at the BUZZZZEEERRRRR....

GOOD!

ShadowBolt
03-19-2009, 01:35 PM

JJ

I knew they was a good reason. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

JJ

Todd Covini
03-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Glenn Landrum
Mike Patterson
James Proctor
Mitch Warren
Al Fernandez
Bryan Lienart
Dave Francis

Yeah...those 4th Gen guys all seem to have something in common.
http://www.4tucker.com/calumetclowns/images/group_2007.jpg

GlennCMC70
03-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Glenn Landrum
Mike Patterson
James Proctor
Mitch Warren
Al Fernandez
Bryan Lienart
Dave Francis

Yeah...those 4th Gen guys all seem to have something in common.
http://www.4tucker.com/calumetclowns/images/group_2007.jpg

yep, we always seem to have time to take a picure of you Ford guys acting like a bunch of clowns in the pits.

GlennCMC70
04-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Hello Everyone!

This is a VERY IMPORTANT message for anyone who has not signed up for the enduro and still wants to sign up...

If you are an enduro entry you NEED to sign up ASAP. We need to have at least 30 enduro entries signed up by this Easter Sunday in order for the Enduro to happen. As of today April 6, 2009 we DO NOT have 30 enduro entries.

Please register online at www.nasaproracing.com. Make sure that you have a NASA Competition license and membership that are up to date for 2009.

If you have any questions please email or call.

Jessica Reyna
NASA Texas
281-303-1844
info@nasatx.com

marshall_mosty
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
"If" this enduro doesn't happen, I'm going to be very pissed. I'm putting my entire 2009 season into this basket and for NASA-TX to say in the 11th hour, "oops, sorry to the guys who spent all their money getting their cars ready for the enduro, but it just isn't financially feasable for us since we won't break even or turn our precious profit".

We certainly don't need more fuel for the fire with the whole R888 debacle.

Sorry for the rant, this just rubbed me the wrong way after spending 8 hours on the car yesterday getting it ready.

marshall_mosty
04-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Houston... we have a BIG problem. I just got off the phone with Jessica and here was the dialog:

Marshall: "Hey, how many are you short"
Jessica: "A bunch"
Marshall: "How many are you missing"
Jessica: "24"
Marshall: "Wow, so you only have 6 signed up?"
Jessica: "So far."
Marshall: "So, if you don't get 30, the enduro won't happen"
Jessica: "I really don't know. Shannon just said for me to send out an email saying people needed to get in their paperwork. It's going to up to Shannon and Clifton to decide if it's going to happen."
Marshall: "Okay, I'll talk to Clifton"

So, Clifton,
Are my efforts to prep the car in vain? Please tell me it's going to happen.

AI#97
04-06-2009, 03:30 PM
So, Clifton,
Are my efforts to prep the car in vain? Please tell me it's going to happen.

No. If the enduro craps, run the car in the sprints. Make sure you have your dyno and we will welcome you with open arms.

marshall_mosty
04-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Matt,
I don't mind doing that, but I had 8 hours of track time on my radar. I'll definately bring the car, either way... I just don't want my hopes of the enduro crushed.

AI#97
04-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Matt,
I don't mind doing that, but I had 8 hours of track time on my radar. I'll definately bring the car, either way... I just don't want my hopes of the enduro crushed.

Well, there is always the option of just keep'n on runn'n when they throw the checker on R1 till about 6pm or so! ;)

cobra132
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I just signed up. Hopefully we will get enough teams to run. Last year there was some confusion on fueling, first we had a limit and then it was changed. Since this is an 8 hour race will we be limited to 10 gallons per stop as the rules state or will there be no limit?? FMR

Todd Covini
04-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Also better clarify the post-race weight....with driver or without?

(Man that was embarrassing standing on a scale having him yell out "260!") :lol:

mitchntx
04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
"oops, sorry to the guys who spent all their money getting their cars ready for the enduro, but it just isn't financially feasable for us since we won't break even or turn our precious profit".

Because of car count and increases in fees and support costs, NASA-TX has been in the red for Houston and Cresson.

They were hoping that a good turn out at TWS would put them back in the black.

If the economy doesn't turn around soon, we might be looking at reduced schedule.

jeffburch
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Economy aside, you reap what you sow.

jb

GlennCMC70
04-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I just signed up. Hopefully we will get enough teams to run. Last year there was some confusion on fueling, first we had a limit and then it was changed. Since this is an 8 hour race will we be limited to 10 gallons per stop as the rules state or will there be no limit?? FMR

Clifton said they will be running per the Enduro Rules.
6 hours or more has a 10 gallon re-fuel limit.

ShadowBolt
04-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I posted up weeks ago that I was not happy about losing race time to the enduro. Clifton told me they were worried about the regular race car count. They thought the enduro would have plenty of cars to make the show.

CMC/CMC2 can't be blamed for low car counts at the first two events! If the tracks go up with their fees in a year like 2009 they are crazy. What good does it do for them to put NASA out of business?

JJ

BryanL
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
So half the field of the Enduro is AI/CMC, thats pretty good odds for one of us to win the whole thing!

Clifton-with all this mess how about you make up a schedule giving us 5 sprint races or more track time now that the Enduro probably isn't going to happen?

michaelmosty
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Clifton-with all this mess how about you make up a schedule giving us 5 sprint races or more track time now that the Enduro probably isn't going to happen?
Bullshit, it will happen!
No Bud Light for you!!!!

marshall_mosty
04-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Bryan,
No bad juju for the enduro. Think of "others" instead of oneself... :)

BryanL
04-06-2009, 09:06 PM
So now its only about the Mosty's and the Enduro? Do you realize you guys are being selfish by taking up the majority's track time?

And don't you mean no Keystone for me? A case of our respective beer's is my bet that it won't happen.

michaelmosty
04-06-2009, 09:28 PM
You don't deserve a fine tastin beer like Keystone, y'all just don't know what you are missing!!!

Ok, back on topic...
The enduro will happen, the Mosty brothers will kick some ass in it, and Bryan will drink Keystone with me all weekend! :D

David Love AI27
04-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Is there a limit on how long one driver can run? Jason wants to ironman it!?!?

michaelmosty
04-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow, 8 hours!!! :shock:
I was suprised how great I felt after running 3 1/2 hours in the LeMons car in February. I got out and honestly felt like I could run another 2 hours no problem. Of course, we didn't have many g's in the car and the downforce was, umm...... nothing. :)
About 30 minutes later Matt looked at me and started laughing b/c he thought I was going to fall asleep while watching the race. Adrenalin is a wonderful thing!!

Marshall and I plan to do about 2-hour stints in his car for the enduro. After 1-hour stints in his car last year with an 11" steering wheel and no power steering, 2-hours should be a piece of cake. I honestly thought I was going to vomit last year! :shock:

David Love AI27
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Wow, 8 hours!!! :shock:
I was suprised how great I felt after running 3 1/2 hours in the LeMons car in February. I got out and honestly felt like I could run another 2 hours no problem. Of course, we didn't have many g's in the car and the downforce was, umm...... nothing. :)
About 30 minutes later Matt looked at me and started laughing b/c he thought I was going to fall asleep while watching the race. Adrenalin is a wonderful thing!!

Marshall and I plan to do about 2-hour stints in his car for the enduro. After 1-hour stints in his car last year with an 11" steering wheel and no power steering, 2-hours should be a piece of cake. I honestly thought I was going to vomit last year! :shock:

no downforce or hi Gs in the 27 car.... plus Jay is only 18 and has been workingout on a regular basis

michaelmosty
04-06-2009, 10:47 PM
as long as it hasn't been 12 oz. curls. :)

David Love AI27
04-07-2009, 07:46 AM
as long as it hasn't been 12 oz. curls. :)

I know NOTHING, NOOOOOTHINGGGGGG...

AllZWay
04-07-2009, 08:22 AM
You don't deserve a fine tastin beer like Keystone, y'all just don't know what you are missing!!!

Ok, back on topic...
The enduro will happen, the Mosty brothers will kick some ass in it, and Bryan will drink Keystone with me all weekend! :D

True on all accounts.... I guess Mosty and I are the only ones that can respect a finely brewed beer like Keystone. :P

GlennCMC70
04-07-2009, 08:26 AM
i've just made 3 attempts to email my entry and it bounces each time.

AllZWay
04-07-2009, 09:07 AM
i've just made 3 attempts to email my entry and it bounces each time.

Same here...it says her mailbox is full.

jeffburch
04-07-2009, 09:47 AM
from the yahoo group
===============================================
Hello Everyone!

This is a VERY IMPORTANT message for anyone who has not signed up for the enduro and still wants to sign up...

If you are an enduro entry you NEED to sign up ASAP. We need to have at least 30 enduro entries signed up by this Easter Sunday in order for the Enduro to happen. As of today April 6, 2009 we DO NOT have 30 enduro entries.
Please register online at www.nasaproracing. com. Make sure that you have a NASA Competition license and membership that are up to date for 2009.
If you have any questions please email or call.
Jessica ReynaNASA Texas281-303-1844info@nasatx. com

Waco Racer
04-08-2009, 10:16 AM
The Enduro will be run as scheduled.

There are 2 things that you need to do to for this event:
1. Submit your entry.
2. Make certain that the drivers on your team are NASA members and have a competition license.

There are some changes coming to NASA Texas that will be very positive and make this region much more user friendly.

BryanL
04-08-2009, 10:20 AM

There are 2 things that you need to do to for this event:
1. Submit your entry.
2. Make certain that the drivers on your team are NASA members and have a competition license.

There are some changes coming to NASA Texas that will be very positive and make this region much more user friendly.

Clifton-are you speaking for NASA TX that the show will go on no matter how many entries? Do they have 30 entries?

michaelmosty
04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks Clifton, excellent news!!
:D

mitchntx
04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Clifton-are you speaking for NASA TX that the show will go on no matter how many entries? Do they have 30 entries?

That's all I need to know ...

ShadowBolt
04-08-2009, 11:25 AM

I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.

With the current tire deal this scares me a little.
I know NASA Texas did not do the tire deal but still...........

I do trust Clifton though so it must be good.

JJ

marshall_mosty
04-08-2009, 12:28 PM
The Enduro will be run as scheduled.Very good news indeed. See you clowns in 10 days!!