PDA

View Full Version : BFT on 3

Todd Covini
03-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I wanted to publicly thank Glenn for bringing back/keeping/continuing our "BFT on 3" tradition.

For those who don't know, years ago we started a Texas AI/CMC V8 trend whereas whenever the grid marshall held up 3 fingers to tell everyone on grid that there were 3 minutes until heading out on track, the AI/CMC racers would all conduct a "ButterFly Test" (BFT) by all revving their engines simultaneously.

The BFT serves 3 purposes:
1) Test your engine's butterflys, throttle bodies, secondarys, etc...to ensure everything's A-OK throughout the RPM range, the engine's running fine and you're ready to go.

2) Get rid of those stomach butterflys that begin to start fluttering when sitting on grid for too long. Just a small shot of adrenaline to get you going before heading out.

3) (Most importantly) Let EVERYONE, and I do mean everyone, in the surrounding areas (and towns) know that the big, bad American V8's are getting ready to go out on track.

Last weekend, BFT on 3 was a little weak on Saturday morning and Glenn reminded everyone by rapidly popping his motor off of the limiter a few times. The result was a very loud V8 rumble from 20+ AI/CMC cars which made everyone laugh (and get their own stomach butterflies). Folks down by registration even started to move over to the fence to see the start of the race after hearing BFT on 3.

Corn, Clifton, Adrian & many others remembered BFT on 3 with an adrenaline smile. Thanks for keeping the tradition alive!!! :wink:

BlueFirePony
03-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Man that was an emotional high! Glad to have played a part in that Saturday....defintely reminded myself to cut out the cats and mufflers...my little pony was in stealth mode (not to mention a tad underpowered) ;)

Rob Liebbe
03-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Additionally, Team Varvini introduced the "Steam Whistle on 1" by overheating the engine while waiting in grid. Eric has always been a trendsetter and continues with this newest excitement builder.

Go Team Varvini!!!!!!

:roll:

mitchntx
03-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Additionally, Team Varvini introduced the "Steam Whistle on 1" by overheating the engine while waiting in grid. Eric has always been a trendsetter and continues with this newest excitement builder.

Go Team Varvini!!!!!!

:lol:

I was givin' the ole pit bike hell as well ...

Todd Covini
03-20-2009, 03:56 PM

Go Team Varvini!!!!!!

ROFLOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

evarner
03-20-2009, 03:57 PM
:oops:

but..but......but.

michaelmosty
03-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Nice!! :lol:

rpoz27
03-20-2009, 08:04 PM
That wasn't an adrenaline smile from Corn. Eeeeew!

BryanL
03-20-2009, 08:33 PM
There's also the BFT wake up call always courtesy of MFW. Every morning the first car to crank up also hits 6k within 2 seconds.

AllZWay
03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
That wasn't an adrenaline smile from Corn. Eeeeew!

I watched him do the whole" I love the vibrations" thing as well. :shock:

michaelmosty
03-20-2009, 10:13 PM
There's also the BFT wake up call always courtesy of MFW. Every morning the first car to crank up also hits 6k within 2 seconds.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holy crap that is funny!!
I heard it Sunday morning at Cresson. :D

BlueFirePony
03-21-2009, 09:53 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holy crap that is funny!!
I heard it Sunday morning at Cresson. :D
My car visibly shrank when Matt did that...I think I need to get the spurs out too - can't have my pony turning into a pussy :)

AI#97
03-22-2009, 12:33 PM

I think that was sunday morning when I went to get gas at the pump...and for the record, that was only 4k....if it were 6k or 7k...you would be cleaning your shorts! ;)