PDA

View Full Version : Rule of the Day - Motor Mounts

mitchntx
03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
From the CMC rules ...

7.11.2 Engine mounts may be substituted with aftermarket polyurethane or solid replacements that use the OEM mount locations and maintain the motor in the OEM location.

Why can't I fabricate my own by simply welding the stockers together?

Todd Covini
03-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Sorry. You've reached your daily quota for RotD. :wink:

mitchntx
03-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Where's THAT rule?

Shortcutsleeping
03-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Needs more Beavis and Butthead pics...

Costas
cars and such...

mitchntx
03-24-2009, 09:58 PM
:lol:

AI#97
03-24-2009, 10:46 PM
From the CMC rules ...

7.11.2 Engine mounts may be substituted with aftermarket polyurethane or solid replacements that use the OEM mount locations and maintain the motor in the OEM location.

Why can't I fabricate my own by simply welding the stockers together?

Seriously Mitch, has anyone but you and Glenn ever looked at your engine mounts? Worst case, weld them up and Print "Law Motorsports" on them....then they are aftermarket. :roll:

BryanL
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Good post Mitch. I still thought we couldn't use solid mounts.

Also, I have a working speedometer, but my power mirrors are currently inoperable.

Al Fernandez
03-26-2009, 08:33 AM
MFW...dude, be constructive or shut the fuck up.

Mitch, you absolutely can. From 7.1: "Limited production components and/or prototypes must be approved by a Director prior to competition to ensure their use and lack of availability to all competitors will not result in a competitive advantage."

mitchntx
03-26-2009, 08:52 AM
MFW...dude, be constructive or shut the fuck up.

Mitch, you absolutely can. From 7.1: "Limited production components and/or prototypes must be approved by a Director prior to competition to ensure their use and lack of availability to all competitors will not result in a competitive advantage."

Sweet! Again, I guess it boils down to how it's written without any background or knowledge of discussion surrounding intent.

I would have considered welding the OEM mounts as being altered and not limited production or a prototype.

marshall_mosty
03-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Mitch,
They aren't "limited production" if LAW offers them on their website for the discounted price of $1000/set.

They would just never be bought by anyone with half a brain. They would then be deemed production parts.

Your mounts would then be legal.

Right?

Al Fernandez
03-26-2009, 10:03 AM
They'd still be limited production

marshall_mosty
03-26-2009, 11:07 AM
They'd still be limited production

Limited production based on people not wanting to spend the money. I'm sure (and I'm speaking for Mitch and Glenn) that LAW would crank them by the truckload for $1K per set.

Limited production to me is you say... "Hey we have this new fancy $1K motor mount and we are only going to build 50".

jeremiahkellam
03-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Sounds like what the factory backed teams do. Fabricate some insane piece, have Ford, GM or whom ever assign a part number, and now it is a factory piece.

ROTD = READ THE RULES!!

Even a rookie like me is running solid mounts...

AllZWay
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Stock ones work just fine.....mine are the ones that came on the 165,000 mile car and 3 years of racing.