PDA

View Full Version : tires

Al Fernandez
03-25-2009, 03:31 PM
I chatted w/JWL today, who relays continued talks w/Toyo regarding their assessment of the 888. There is nothing else to report other than that NASA Natl and Toyo share your concerns and are continuing to gather data. For my part I've relayed everything you guys have told me.

Texas AI/CMC drivers looking to score points at TWS will run 888s as per the national rule of only allowing RA1s up to the 2nd event of the region.

By now you should've talked to Glenn, David, or myself regarding your RA1 surplus. If you havent...get on the phone. While we cannot allow just any driver to run RA1s, we've worked to shuffle extra RA1s into the hands of drivers where it doesnt matter: HPDE'ers, rookies 10 seconds off the pace etc. There actually wasnt that many that needed to offload tires, but I believe we got them into a better situation than just burning them in the back yard.

Questions/comments please call me.

GlennCMC70
03-25-2009, 06:23 PM
to add to what Al said. if you feel you should be allowed to run RA1's at a NASA TX event from this point forward, you must get permission to do so. if you feel your on track performance will not matter whether your on RA1's or R888's and you still have RA1's to use, ask to use them before you ditch them.

any questions, ask me or AL (call Al) or David.

GlennCMC70
03-28-2009, 03:14 PM
i'm going to assume that anyone who wishes to run RA1's has made the call already.
i have a couple sets i'm willing to pat w/ if you think you want to run them.