PDA

View Full Version : June 17-18 Hallett OK - Who's In?

TEXAST1
05-22-2006, 12:12 PM
I know we just finished MSR-H, but Hallet is only 3 weekend away! :shock:

We, as an organization, need a strong turn out. Who is in?

Kevin Mixon - GPC is in. AIX wanna be :lol: :wink:

mitchntx
05-22-2006, 12:16 PM
I plan on going.

Adam Ginsberg
05-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Team Ginsberg/Cooke will be there!

KMix - why keep screwing around with that Vette? Come get yer arse kicked in AI or CMC! ;)

Mike Bell
05-22-2006, 12:44 PM
I plan on it as long as we can keep those pesky GPC cars out of our run group ;)

jeffburch
05-22-2006, 12:55 PM
I know we just finished MSR-H, but Hallet is only 3 weekend away! :shock:

We, as an organization, need a strong turn out. Who is in?

Kevin Mixon - GPC is in. AIX wanna be :lol: :wink:

Uh Oh!
I hope this isn't an indication of a NASA roll call.
I know the event car count was low this w'end.

I have a covered space reserved (#1 like last year so no bumping me out CR!)

jb

CMC17
05-22-2006, 12:59 PM
If I can find a set of wheels or a replacement wheel, I will be there. My only chance at points before the TWS Mustang slaughter. lol :D

gt40
05-22-2006, 01:00 PM
IF I can get Kurt to get the subframes installed in time, I'll be there. He's busy until the first week of June, it seems.

Fingers crossed!

AI#97
05-22-2006, 01:04 PM
IF I can get Kurt to get the subframes installed in time, I'll be there. He's busy until the first week of June, it seems.

Fingers crossed!

I will be there the 8th, 9th and 10th.....AND the 17/18.... gotta find me an axle REAL quick like!!!

GlennCMC70
05-22-2006, 01:19 PM
i'll be there for the F-body slaughter.

michaelmosty
05-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm in!!!

marshall_mosty
05-22-2006, 03:17 PM
I'll pound out the damage and be there!!!

Waco Racer
05-22-2006, 03:26 PM
You can do that to a fuel pump? Wow, you learn something new every day.

cmarvel
05-22-2006, 05:07 PM
We're in.

michaelmosty
05-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Haha, low blow!! :lol: :lol:

Nick
05-22-2006, 06:10 PM
We're planning on making the trip.

TEXAST1
05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
So we have 12 so far.

If we can get Cliff to buy or work a deal he could be running the Bitchin' Black Camaro! :twisted:

marshall_mosty
05-22-2006, 07:19 PM

All my problems do seem to be in close proximity to the fuel pump... the rear brake line gave me problems until qual on Saturday (Thanks for the suggestion CM, it worked!)

I just need to figure out how to get my car to turn in the slow sections. :wink:

donovan
05-22-2006, 10:38 PM
We will be there!

David and Holly

David Love AI27
05-22-2006, 11:54 PM
I hope to have the beast repaired by then...

NASA13
05-23-2006, 11:08 AM
God Willing!
I plan on taking the weekend off if no huge trips pop up for that weekend.
Lisa will kill me if I miss Hallett.

Todd Covini
05-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Planning on it...but still a 50% chance for me.
Still lots going on.

-=- Todd

Lewis Tanner
05-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Wrapped up the new rear axle assembly install tonight, as well as the bump steer kit, studs, and front brakes. Final bolt touch tomorrow as well as a brake bleed, then off to the alignment shop. Still have to go trailer shopping and pick up harnesses and an oil cooler as well as mail in my license paperwork and a few detail items, but the plan is to be there and to race.

Anyone got a member slot at MSR that I could use for a shakedown?

NASA13
05-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Wrapped up the new rear axle assembly install tonight, as well as the bump steer kit, studs, and front brakes. Final bolt touch tomorrow as well as a brake bleed, then off to the alignment shop.

I will bring a manicure kit so if you get a hang nail you wont have to go home. Hallett is a long drive. I will pack the machine shop also, just in case you need some more serious help. :D

y5e06
05-25-2006, 05:10 PM
planning on it.
ordered weight-distribution setup to make it an easier drive.
also got a T2R on the way!!!! now I have to start tearing the rear end out and getting it ready for a rebuild/install

Lewis Tanner
05-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I will bring a manicure kit so if you get a hang nail you wont have to go home. Hallett is a long drive. I will pack the machine shop also, just in case you need some more serious help. :D

http://www.lewistanner.com/GTS/suspension/PINIONBEARING1.jpg

Yeah, I know I let minor stuff like having a pinion bearing that looks like that keep me away from the track while every bit of work that is done on my car is completed alone within a 18 x 11 apartment complex garage that also contains all of my tools. I know all of you guys would be out there racing with 4 tabs from your trak-loc floating around inside your diff getting caught between the pinion and ring at regular intervals. Guess I'm just not hardcore. :?

If Ginsberg wants to talk shit to you guys about me letting "minor things" keep me from the track, that's his prerogative, but I can assure you that I've spent a tremendous amount of time, effort, and money in getting what turned out to be a basketcase of a car into something approaching a safe and competitive racer, and don't take kindly to my efforts being trivialized. I'd have been out there in February if it were possible, but I'm not about to get macho and run the car in a condition where it's just going to cost me more money to fix the stuff that breaks because the stuff that I didn't fix broke it - that's just stupid.

Todd Covini
05-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Whoa! Where's that cc.com game of catch with the hardball, Lewis?
I understand where you're at but this group isn't the type to throw too many lob-balls, you know that. All in good fun!

-=- T

AI#97
05-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I know I let minor stuff like having a pinion bearing that looks like that keep me away from the track while every bit of work that is done on my car is completed alone within a 18 x 11 apartment complex garage that also contains all of my tools. I know all of you guys would be out there racing with 4 tabs from your trak-loc floating around inside your diff getting caught between the pinion and ring at regular intervals. Guess I'm just not hardcore. :?

If Ginsberg wants to talk shoo-diddley-diddley to you guys about me letting "minor things" keep me from the track, that's his prerogative, but I can assure you that I've spent a tremendous amount of time, effort, and money in getting what turned out to be a basketcase of a car into something approaching a safe and competitive racer, and don't take kindly to my efforts being trivialized. I'd have been out there in February if it were possible, but I'm not about to get macho and run the car in a condition where it's just going to cost me more money to fix the stuff that breaks because the stuff that I didn't fix broke it - that's just stupid.

Oo Oo...maybe you are taking yourself too seriously and need to relax? Wow! that felt great to be able to turn it on you like that....

I know burch retired this phrase but I like it...."cinch it up!" excuses are for women, babies and losers.

Feel motivated now? :P

Lewis Tanner
05-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Sorry for the lack of humor on this one, kids.

After 16 months and 5 figures of building the car and all of the assorted BS that has been associated with it, most of which you guys know little to nothing about, combined with Ginsberg's near constant badgering to "get the car done" every time I talk to him as if I'm sitting here with my thumb up my ass instead of working 11 hour days at the office, travelling 80% of the time, and then spending every free moment I have working alone in that damn cramped garage only to find that every time I fix one problem left by the assbag previous owner of the car, two more appear - the ice is pretty stinkin thin around this subject.

To those of you that have helped me with the car (Glenn, Michael/Marshall Mosty, Adam(occasionally ;) )) - I appreciate it, that's the kind of action that brings motivation.

GlennCMC70
05-26-2006, 10:17 AM
dont thank me Lewis, my intentions were lined w/ the most dishonest intentions - i so it has been brought to my attention. i'm not so sure i was really trying to help now.

Lewis Tanner
05-26-2006, 10:19 AM
dont thank me Lewis, my intentions were lined w/ the most dishonest intentions - i so it has been brought to my attention. i'm not so sure i was really trying to help now.

Well piss on you, then. :D

GlennCMC70
05-26-2006, 10:23 AM
would you even if my ass was on fire????? :roll:

Lewis, i know a good diff guy that i'ved used many times. hes fairly cheep and will stand behind his work. let me know if you need contact info.

michaelmosty
05-26-2006, 10:51 AM

Haha, we are still in the first week after a race weekend. We should still be talking about the great weekend, awesome racing, I love you, blah, blah, blah.
Next week is when we should start bitching at each other until the week before Hallett. :lol:

mitchntx
05-26-2006, 10:55 AM
I believe this is he abbreviated version as there were only 3 weekends between races. And one of those is a Holiday weekend.

So, I think we are seeing a Reader's Digest version of dysfunctional.

Lewis Tanner
05-26-2006, 10:57 AM

I hate you dad!! I wish I had never been born!!!

CMC17
05-26-2006, 12:26 PM

Haha, we are still in the first week after a race weekend. We should still be talking about the great weekend, awesome racing, I love you, blah, blah, blah.
Next week is when we should start bitching at each other until the week before Hallett. :lol:

Hush up ProB and get back to concentrating on driving. You'll need it at Hallett. :D

8)

mitchntx
05-26-2006, 12:37 PM

I hate you dad!! I wish I had never been born!!!

Hoosier daddy!

Mike Bell
05-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Lewis is Chicken. ;)

Bunch of cheaters, all of you! I'm really looking forward to Hallett now, lol.

David Love AI27
05-26-2006, 03:50 PM
After 16 months and 5 figures of building the car and all of the assorted BS that has been associated with it, most of which you guys know little to nothing about, combined with Ginsberg's near constant badgering to "get the car done" every time I talk to him as if I'm sitting here with my thumb up my ass instead of working 11 hour days at the office, travelling 80% of the time, and then spending every free moment I have working alone in that damn cramped garage only to find that every time I fix one problem left by the assbag previous owner of the car, two more appear - the ice is pretty stinkin thin around this subject.

I know the feeling...

I took some light hearted ribbing about Amber's CMC car and went into the same rant. It is VERY frustrating when you keep finding crap wrong with your car after spending lots of hours and hard earned cash. All I can say is: wait till you get it on the track and you will feel much better. There are lots of "downs" when you are working on the car but it all pays of with the "ups" you get on the track. There is not a single driver in this group who wants kick you when you're down we all just want to kick your butt on the track.

get your thumb out, watch for cracks in that thin ice your walking on, Geterdone and get out on the track!!!

jeffburch
05-26-2006, 08:34 PM
I never bothered to rant about the Californie track whore I purchased.
Too embarassing for me.
Not to mention the former owners embarrasment.
What a P.O.S.
Everything was wrong and remaining stuff is ugly/wrong (cage).
Remember those stock springs it came on (4WD).
I thought I bought a car with this badass setup LOL!!
I bet someone over there is saying " Yea, that was my car....."
What a big laugh now for me.

jb

marshall_mosty
05-26-2006, 09:22 PM
I know what you guys are saying about being frustrated about the build (and the issues that come along with it). The only problem I have is that I have no one to blame except myself. This was a 99% "my effort" job with EVERYTHING being gone through.

4 years ago AI #67 had a 4cyl with an automatic tranny in the hatch. It's come a long way, but I'm still getting through "rookie" issues it seems.
All the "little" stuff seems to be keeping me down.

It looks like I sacrificed enough to the fuel pump gods that I should have that problem fixed... just to piss of the rear brake line gods! damn... I think I've appeased them, so I'm waiting for my tranny to blow up. It's a never ending battle with these 15+ year old cars!

CMC #11 was lucky. I (we) took everything that was learned from AI #67, both good and bad, and only put the "good" into Michael's car. I'm glad it's been bullet proof so far (knock on wood).

michaelmosty
05-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I got alot of the new car issues fixed on CMC #11 last year. It's funny how alot of the problems surfaced right after off-track adventures. :lol:

Good luck on the final stages of your build Lewis. I hope to see ya @ Hallett in a few weeks!!!

cjlmlml
05-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I just got a voice mail from Mike Stephens (Hallet Owner) on my cell phone.

Not sure where he got my cell number. Probably from an old entry form.

He left a message saying that he hadnt seen me at Comma in a while and wanted to get me on the info list email to see if I would be back up there to race again.

Is there any question as to why Hallet is the greatest?

Mike Bell
05-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Soft-serv Ice Cream, they had me at "Hello" lol.