PDA

View Full Version : TWS Round 3

GlennCMC70
03-27-2009, 10:00 AM
due to me having 3 sets of used RA1's and having planned to be able to use those for the entire season this year (and i just paid to have 9 of them flipped on the wheels), i'm considering moving to AIX for the remainder of the season. should anyone else find themselves in the same boat, let me know as it will likely help me make up my mind.

and if anyone wants to buy used RA1's, let me know. i could be willing to sell some. i have 12 255/50/16's mounted on 4th gen wheels.

mitchntx
03-27-2009, 10:09 AM
due to me having 3 sets of used RA1's and having planned to be able to use those for the entire season this year (and i just paid to have 9 of them flipped on the wheels), i'm considering moving to AIX for the remainder of the season. should anyone else find themselves in the same boat, let me know as it will likely help me make up my mind.

and if anyone wants to buy used RA1's, let me know. i could be willing to sell some. i have 12 255/50/16's mounted on 4th gen wheels.

Let's talk. I'm in the same boat and really don't feel like giving away tires and wheels.

mitchntx
03-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Hoosier tire contingency ...

https://www.hoosiertire.com/NASAawdg.htm

Would have to pull the Toyo stickers off.

GlennCMC70
03-27-2009, 10:30 AM
one post edited. one post deleted.

i dont want any BS in here. i'll delete the whole thing otherwise.

evarner
03-27-2009, 10:43 AM
The #2 CMC car will be burning up what's left of the old RA-1's at TWS this weekend along with comparing lap times with the 888's.

<edit> I might have 4-5 tires left over that could be used for testing/HPDE's..etc. Let me check and post back.

AI#97
03-27-2009, 10:57 AM
one post edited. one post deleted.

i dont want any BS in here. i'll delete the whole thing otherwise.

Well, I was a tell'n glenn!! LOL! J/k

the hoosier contingency is actually pretty good. Just be sure to buy that first set from an approved vendor.

Good Luck either way!

GlennCMC70
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
pull all that bling wing/splitter stuff off and come play.

michaelmosty
03-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I thought you had to run Hoosier tires and that the tires you run must have been purchased from an approved vendor to qualify.

RichardP
03-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Would the CMCX cars be banished to the front of the field to run by themselves or would this just be a paperwork thing where they would play with the rest of the field but not get points or Toyo Bucks???

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
i have no plans on buying tires to run AIX. i may as well buy R888's then.
i'm looking for a place to use up my RA1's.

mitchntx
03-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I thought you had to run Hoosier tires and that the tires you run must have been purchased from an approved vendor to qualify.

That's to qualify for the Hoosier contingency. 7.2 in the AI rules says

Any size readily available commercially sold DOT certified tire is allowed.

Richard, if we get 3 or 4 of us, why not run for AIX points?

Remember, the precedent that has been set has been that the class that has the quickest qual times grids up front. It's not class specific.

marshall_mosty
03-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Deleted post...
Misread Mitch's post...

AI#97
03-27-2009, 12:07 PM

Why? It's "X"... I might even uncork the motor! ;)

Careful what you get yourself into! You guys get enough cars into X and I might come play with hoosiers! 4 cars would equal a free set of tires every weekend!

mitchntx
03-27-2009, 12:21 PM

Why? It's "X"... I might even uncork the motor! ;)

Careful what you get yourself into! You guys get enough cars into X and I might come play with hoosiers! 4 cars would equal a free set of tires every weekend!

Read the contingency carefully .... it's 3 cars participating in the Hoosier Contingency program. I'm not planning on buying Hoosiers.

GlennCMC70
03-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Matt - this would be a "for fun" thing. i cant mod my car to have aero stuff. so it wouldnt mean much if you beat me w/ all that stuff. easier for you to remove it, than for me to add it.

whats the max wheel size for AIX?

mitchntx
03-27-2009, 12:58 PM

18"

GlennCMC70
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
wide. not tall.

mitchntx
03-27-2009, 01:15 PM
18x11

Hood
03-27-2009, 05:52 PM
You may even get a rookie in with the AIX crowd at this point. With the week I just had I won't have tires back in the budget for a few more months. I'll post up later the sh!t that happened over the course of a couple of days... sheesh, I'm really tired.

Glenn, I'd be interested in used tires also. I'm supposed to meet Adam in LA in a couple of weeks for some used 16's because I'm tapped out on tire money. I've got to sell some stuff at this point just to be able to go to Hallet.

mitchntx
03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
You may even get a rookie in with the AIX crowd at this point. With the week I just had I won't have tires back in the budget for a few more months. I'll post up later the sh!t that happened over the course of a couple of days... sheesh, I'm really tired.

Glenn, I'd be interested in used tires also. I'm supposed to meet Adam in LA in a couple of weeks for some used 16's because I'm tapped out on tire money. I've got to sell some stuff at this point just to be able to go to Hallet.

I feel your pain ... I'm faced with selling 12 good tires and a set of wheels in order to get 4 tires.

AI#97
03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Matt - this would be a "for fun" thing. i cant mod my car to have aero stuff. so it wouldnt mean much if you beat me w/ all that stuff. easier for you to remove it, than for me to add it.

I am partially just giving you a hard time...and trust me, you won't have nearly has much fun as running with the CMC guys. Running a class, just to use up tires isn't any fun. I understand the reasoning (budgets), but you should try to stay and run CMC if you can swing it.

Mitch, I will buy your Hoosier stickers to put on your car so you can comply! ;)

David Love AI27
03-30-2009, 12:21 AM
I'd love to have company in AIX. It is best startin in rear and running with the rookies... :D

I signed up for the Hoosier deal last year and have the decales

marshall_mosty
03-30-2009, 04:42 AM
I should have hoosier stickers from last year too. If I still do, they are in my pit boxes and I'll bring to the track.