PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a remote coolant reservoir

edrock96GT
03-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Hey all,

Does anyone know where I can get a remote mounted coolant reservoir for a 4.6? I need to get rid of my factory tank since it's now in the way of a hood vent. I also need to get an oil cooler but have only been able to find kits for 5.0's.

Thanks guys!

donovan
03-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Canton and other similar companies make some nice adaptive catch cans.

Oil Cooler = You can build your own kit... Use a quality sandwich adapter at the filter, use -AN10 or -AN12 lines to a nice Mocal or Setrab cooler.

Simple and half the cost of any kit out there.

DD

AI#97
03-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Canton and other similar companies make some nice adaptive catch cans.

Oil Cooler = You can build your own kit... Use a quality sandwich adapter at the filter, use -AN10 or -AN12 lines to a nice Mocal or Setrab cooler.

Simple and half the cost of any kit out there.

DD

Yup X2....summit or jegs has universal overflows as well. If you are trying to use the stock radiator, don't bother. PM Michael Mosty for a cheap summit 3 row radiator that fits perfectly. 180 bucks or so and gets rid of all the stock crap and has a traditional rad cap and over flow.

Another thing you can consider is similar to what David mentioned on the oil cooler is a be cool setup that does a remote dual filter setup and could then run through a cooler. I have that setup (minus a cooler) and works great and give plenty of room down by the k-member which can be a problem for some 4.6's....